Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:33 pm
Ray again fixed him with a look that didn't look convinced, but she held her hands up and shook her head with a light chuckle "Aw come on Red, Look, If you don't want to talk about it that's your deal, but I do know when someone's lying to me, So at least respect me enough to not try that."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that at least." she admitted with a shrug. "and I wish I could say I'm more surprised that something's happened, but that seems to be just your kind of luck, now does it. I think even I would start to think you would be use to the kind of chaos you put up with."  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
As much as he wanted to insist, he wasn't brazen enough to boldly proclaim that he wasn't lying when the exact opposite was true. "I don't know what you want me to say," he said, frustrated. "I'm just trying to answer."

He couldn't outright comment on his fortune, or lack thereof, but he could imagine. The scars on his person told story after story, even if they couldn't supply the words. He sometimes wondered if maybe there was more that he was better not remembering than there was that was better to know.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:08 am
"Woh Red." Ray said holding her hands up to the building frustration in his voice. "If you don't want to talk about something then just say so, You know I won't get butt hurt about it. Whats gotten into you." This was really odd for him,  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:57 am
Rather than throw fuel on the fire by saying something else he would immediately regret, Luke thought the more intelligent option was to just not comment any further.

Was that courteous, though? Was it polite to just set it aside at this point, after insisting on lies upon lies? Did he not owe an explanation? ...Or perhaps he was just wanted to be understood and was convincing himself of an empty justification.

She didn't seem like an insincere person, though. If he was cautious, it would probably be fine. Probably.

"I don't know," he corrected, adjusting the Zorua in his arms as she decided she was uncomfortable and repositioned herself. "I don't know you at all."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:03 pm
Ray arched an eyebrow, eyeing him for a couple of seconds to try and understand just where he was coming from with this.
after a moment she clicked her tongue and straightened her back as tall as she could go.
"Well, I guess that's fare, there is a lot about me you kids don't know. Though I should probably point out that I'm a pretty straight forward person..."
she looked a little perplexed, wondering where this was coming from. He was special ops now after all, she didn't know what all he knew about her, but surely nothing that would bring him to the conclusion that he didn't know her?  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:08 pm
Her confusion transferred to him. "...What? No, I mean..." His eyes fell, brow furrowed, and he buried his fingers in Sephira's soft fur. "I mean, I don't know who you are. For me, it's the first time we've met..."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:48 pm
The wide lips that seemed to carry a consistent smile to them opened a little when he clarified what he meant, her eyes widening a little as it was clear she wasn't expecting, and it took a few moments to sink in.
"Wait, like, at all?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:53 pm
He nodded his head slightly in silent, hesitant confirmation.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:57 pm
"... huh." For once Ray was actually left speechless, not that Luke would appreciate the oddity as he was now.
She stood where she was, slowly putting her fists onto her hips as she considered the situation. I would account for his odd looks to her when she first came up and the way he behave, it would also be a reeeaaaly good reason why the wedding got canceled.
"Huh... uh okay.... Wow Arceuuuuus boy! The kind of messes you get yourself into, what did you do this time?" She said in something of an amazed voice.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:16 pm
Regardless of what he knew or didn't know of his present company, it wasn't surprising that she couldn't produce an immediate response. He understood enough to know that it wasn't exactly a common affliction.

"I don't really know," he shrugged. "Something about being attacked... I think Team Rocket was involved, and it sounds like someone died, but I don't know the details."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:22 pm
Her eyebrows furrowed lightly, though it came out more as a twitch of her expressions before leaning down a little. "Team Rocket, and someone died..." She repeated "Hm- you know kinda says something that with how vague that answer is it also explains... pretty much everything."
Not entirely, but she seemed to enjoy saying it.
quieting for another couple of seconds and watching him. "So... you really can't remember anyone?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:27 pm
For a while he contemplated the plausibility of just proclaiming the whole thing had been a joke, laughing it off, and excusing himself, but he guessed that his chances of success... did not look very good. Instead, he honestly shook his head in reply.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:30 pm
Ray pulled herself up back to full height, tilting her head a little as she let her eyelids relax a little more.
This certainly was pretty serious, it seemed that again Rocket just interjected itself into the life of the good people here, and again they take pieces of their life away.
Ray knew this was no joking matter, she could tell from Luke's situation. But even so...
"Well then! In that case. " She thrust a hand out toward him. "Nice to meet you, I'm called Ray around here- thats R-A-Y, got that?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:56 pm
He shifted his hold on Sephira - he had his reservations about letting the tiny dark-type move around as she pleased outdoors just yet - and extended his hand to return the gesture, hoping his expression wasn't too awkward. This wasn't really how he had hoped things would go, but he could at least appreciate that it could have gone worse. He nodded and committed the name to memory, nearly speaking in turn before he reconsidered, "I guess you don't need to hear my name, huh... Um, and sorry about before - I'm just kind of trying to be careful, since I'm a little... exploitable."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:05 pm
"You can if you want to," she said with a shrug. "exploitable huh? What are you scared people might go and do?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff