Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:23 pm
Moriko waited to see if Dove would call again.
When she didn't, the Sawsbuck frowned and decided to scrape her antlers against a nearby tree, causing a rather distinctive noise to sound through the forest nearby.

"Moriko? Back already?" A familiar voice called from somewhere above and not -too- far away.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:07 pm
Aurora paced quietly, sniffing the air for anything odd... She did catch a scent quickly, and when she turned to give a questioning look to Moriko, her question was quickly answered as the boy's voice drifted down from the tree tops.

Dove lit up. "She found some girl running around in circles, Lin. I guess she decided to report..." she laughed, searching the canopy for any sign of the young man.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:25 pm
There was a rustling of leaves, and then the familiar boy appeared, vines encircled around him, as he descended toward the ground, his left hand cupped, containing berries, that he was snacking on with his right hand.

"Huh. Well she probably thought it was a -little- bit warm for you to be out here... Not that we can help with that. No ice types here." He grinned, and then ate his current handful of berries so he could grasp a tree at the limits of Jeeves' reach, electing to jump and climb the rest of the way down.

Jeeves appeared a moment later, simply manipulating his vines to get himself out of the trees.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:49 pm
Dove positively beamed at Line's smooth reply and quickly threw her arms around him in a quick hug as soon as he reached the ground, despite her normal hesitation to make physical contact with most people. "Good," she laughed, releasing him almost as soon as she had hugged him. "Though I'll have to admit... a water type would be really useful right about now..."

Aurora scoffed somewhere behind her. Water types...  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:59 pm
Woah, okay! Hugging!
Lin's eyes widened and he, awkwardly, hugged back, feeling just slightly relieved to be released right away... Okay, so... a hug was nice, but hardly anyone ever actually did that to him; it was rather strange.

"Uh... Yeah, um. I guess a water type would. It's kind of hot..." His 'smoothness' was quickly neutralised by the hug-attack, apparently.

Curious at all the sudden activity nearby, an odd-looking Chikorita, with an Igglybuff sitting atop her, wandered to peek around the tree where she'd been taking a nap, shyly taking in the newcomers, while her rider hopped off and immediately charged over, self importantly.

Moriko and Jeeves exchanged a polite nod, and an amused, if exasperated, look, as Gregson made himself known by standing right in the middle of the clearing, next to the humans, and squeaking to announce himself.

"So, you look a lot better!" Lin exclaimed, without a lot of tact, but honestly, at least.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:18 pm
Her cheeks turned red, and not from the heat of the day, when she realized how awkward and uncomfortable he was, and she stepped back, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

His reply did draw a giggle from her though. "A little, yeah, but..." Her train of thought was interrupted as his pokemon made their presence known, and she gave a little wave to each of them, her eyes widening in pleased surprise at the igglybuff's boldness. "Hello!"

Aurora nodded to each of the pokemon as they approached, and slowly lowered herself to rest completely. They had been running around all day... it would be a nice rest, and the company seemed pleasant enough.

With a smile, Dove released Lovey and Tobi into the air. The togekiss needed a good chance to stretch his wings, now that there was a wide enough break in the trees, and Lovey... well. Lovey simply needed to be out and about, now that Jeeves was close, too.

Lovey, after gaining her bearings, looked to the Snivy with a bright smile, while Tobi took to the skies as quickly as he could.

Dove returned her attention to Lin. "Thanks," she replied genuinely, giving a little shrug. "I um... I'm not letting myself freeze to death, so I guess it's a good day."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 pm
Gregson puffed up proudly as he was given a 'hello' and launched into something that he most likely had learned from Lin once upon a time; a rather flourished bow... considering how round he was, it was a miracle the tiny pokémon didn't fall and roll away.

Loro continued to stay near her tree, warily watching everyone, though not frightened enough to hide; she felt like this girl was somewhat familiar, but... she wasn't sure, and she wasn't very old.

Lin blinked as Tobi flew off so suddenly.
"He's in a hurry..." He kept an eye on where the pokémon flew off to, perhaps planning to move in case the Togekiss 'needed to go' or something and was about to drop a surprise from above...
"Well. Yes. That's definitely an improvement on last time," the boy grinned "but... what -are- you doing out here? Not that I'm not pleased to see you."

Jeeves smiled at Lovey as she was released from her ball, and walked over to the Eevee, offering a rather more natural bow than Gregson had offered Dove.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:24 pm
Dove stifled another giggle at Gregson's bow, nearly reaching down to steady him had he been ready to roll. When he didn't, she gave an impressed smile and a nod in return, and turned to watch Tobi fly off, shrugging at Lin's look. "He loves to fly, and he's much faster now as a togekiss. We've been working on him carrying me, actually, but," she looked a little embarrassed. "I'm not quite comfortable with directing him yet, despite the nickname." She would have a birds name. They had only just begun, however, and Tobi seemed relatively steady, even with her atop his back. She just didn't trust the wind as much as she trusted her pokemon.

She smiled as Lin continued. "We're searching for a skitty for one of my co-worker's girlfriends," she admitted, earning another huff from the shiny arcanine. "You haven't seen any, have you?"

Lovey settled calmly as the snivy approached, dipping her head in greeting. <>  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:39 pm
"I see." Lin offered, impressed... and relieved the newly airbourne 'mon wasn't about to poop on him after all "Well, I'm sure you'll get used to it; you can always 'borrow' Jeeves if you wanted to try being airbourne without actually flying- I know he wouldn't mind.
He looked a little blank as she offered up what she was doing.
"Coworker? Skitties?" Well, that got a frown; why would... whatever job want a Skitty? Wasn't she a model? Maybe this was for a 'shoot' or something... But then, surely they could just... "Does it have to be a wild one?"
He was a bit perplexed.
"Uh... I saw a really hard loaf of bread with some mould on it earlier... It was kind of fuzzy like a Skitty?" That wasn't helpful, was it?
"I guess I heard some people traipsing about earlier, but trainers sometimes come through, so I didn't think much of it. They didn't sound like rockets so I guess they were your colleagues? I don't think they'd found skitties yet either..."
And, as they didn't sound like rockets, he hadn't really investigated; though what a rocket 'sounded' like was probably only a thing in Lin's head...

<> The Snivy smiled, politely, while he kept an eye on Loro, who was now edging toward Aurora curiously.

Gregson stayed near Dove, beaming up at her with almost dreamy eyes. He'd gotten a 'hello'!  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:53 pm
"I hope so... Flying just..." she drifted off, shaking her head a little as a small smile crept onto her face. She really adored flying, though going at it alone was a bit frightening for now. "It's amazing. I'm sure you understand." She smiled. He and Jeeves certainly had their own way of getting from place to place, as she recalled from their very first meeting.

She smiled a little more half heartedly now. "I'm working for Special Operations now," she explained, her voice somewhat more formal. "John is planning to propose to his girlfriend on her birthday and wants a skitty. Why he wouldn't just go to a breeder or something I'll never understand... Guess he just wants the sincerity of catching one for her." She shook her head almost fondly. "It's sweet but... it's really hot out. He did offer to buy drinks for the person who found it. Not that I'd drink with him, but it's worth the shot just to see if I can beat out Steph--the other guy with us."

Her smile returned as he reported molding baked goods, but she shook her head reassuringly. "Rocket has been quiet lately... and they're still not letting me close to anything too rocket related yet."

That aside, she peeked over at Gregson, smiling again as she knelt to one knee to get closer, though she continued to address Lin. "How have you been? Rescued any more damsels lately?"

Lovey looked upward toward the trees, then back to Jeeves. <> she replied in kind, certainly looking it. <> she pouted, glancing to the woman.

Aurora, who had been keeping an eye on the humans, blinked when the small red grasstype crossed into the corner of her vision. She smiled calmly. <> she greeted somewhat lazily, clearly not at all concerned about the chikorita's approach.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:30 pm
"Well... We're always kind of anchored, but I guess so? It always looks pretty cool to fly." Lin admitted, after a moment, then frowned warily.
"Special Operations? Like that Petra woman in the desert?" That was... surprising, quite frankly. "Oh! Huh." Well, he didn't really trap pokémon against their will, he supposed... Still, he cast a glance around at his team, wondering if he now had to watch what he said around his friend.
"Well The forest is big. I often don't see anyone or any pokémon for a while, but, uh, you know skitties are pretty rare anyway... Are you sure he couldn't just buy one? Drinks, or novelty, or whatever, it's a really hot day to go traipsing about after pokémon, that, quite frankly, are probably going to be hiding from the sun themselves, isn't it?"
The news that 'rocket had been quiet' was just a bit... disappointing really, in some ways.

"Uh. No. I guess I fell out of a tree the other day and Jeeves caught me; does that count? It wasn't much a fall though... and I'm not exactly a damsel... I guess it doesn't count. We've been... all right? Training, most days. Day off today." Lin explained, sort of. Most days were a 'day off' really, but the team did get together and train more often than he'd ever thought of doing once upon a time.

Gregson wandered closer as Dove knelt down, wondering if she wanted to have more of a conversation.

<> Jeeves was almost certain she was always out when they met previously.

Loro let out a little shy squeak and tried to crouch behind a weed as she looked at the giant fire type.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:09 pm
She gave an affirmative nod, paired with a slight sigh. Yeah...surprising was right. She smiled reassuringly at his glance and shook her head a little, continuing on with the conversation at hand. "That's what I said," she laughed, pulling her shoulders in for a shrug. "He's determined to be a man. Honestly I think they really just wanted to goof off a little after work, so I didn't really want to say no. You make a good point though; If I was a skitty, I'd be hiding." A giggle. "I'm glad Jeeves caught you. How's your training going?"

She smiled at Gregson and extended a hand toward him slowly, curious to see what he would do. "Are you training, as well?"

Lovey shook her head. <> she replied to his offer, smiling gently. <> She was only an eevee after all... <>

The arcanine smiled hugely, then gave a soft laugh. <>  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:33 pm
Lin just looked perplexed. Did men have to go and catch presents when they got married? He supposed he'd heard about presents and rings and things but catching pokémon sounded... kind of old fashioned for a proposal. Maybe women just liked that more or something?

"Oh, uh, pretty good! Jeeves has been helping the others to learn: mostly Loro, because they're both pretty similar... Though I don't think Loro has any vines- I guess maybe her species can't do that... Still, they share a lot of other things."

Gregson would, awkwardly, try to kiss the hand placed near him, and squeak an affirmative.

"Yes, he's training too. He's kind of squishy though."

Jeeves dipped his head to Lovey and then frowned slightly.
<>

Loro peeked up and semi 'hid' behind her leaf as she came a little closer. She squeaked a sound that resembled her name at the Arcanine.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:13 pm
Lin's confused look actually did make her giggle a little, but she shook her head again, dismissing the thought of her silly, soon to be engaged, friend.

She tilted her head, after turning to take a quick look at the little grass type. "She can't? ...huh..." A slightly apologetic look. "That's good though, that Jeeves is able to teach her. I'm not sure I would know where to begin with training a grass type..." she admitted, her eyes following over to Aurora, then to Tobikuma when he returned and circled them, his glide setting a nice breeze around the two humans--and Gregson-- for just a moment of relief from the heat. Dove giggled and shook her head fondly.

Still crouching, her eyes widened in surprise with another soft laugh as Gregson kissed her hand. That was adorable. "Squishy hm? I'd say he's about perfect."

Lovey shifted uncomfortably. <> she observed with a slight hint of sad frustration. It also didn't help that Diana had turned out to be a normal sized eevee and would soon be bigger than her own mother. She shook her head again. <>

Aurora straightened a little in her position lying down and crossed her paws in front of her before laying her head atop them to see eye level with the grass type. <> It was nice to know other pokemon's names, right? Safer, even.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:34 pm
"I think it's because they're so... similar, and you know, they do get used for similar 'tasks' right? Starter pokémon?" He remembered that, at least. "Oh, they're -really- easy to train." Lin smiled, casting a wary eye over at Aurora. "I guess I'm a bit biased, but I find them incredibly easy to train and look after, and well... They're 'starter' pokémon right? So kids must be able to train them too. I'm sure you could do a good job." Sure, some fire pokémon were starters too... but he was happy enough to leave that out for now.

"Oh, Gregson's cute, sure..." Lin admitted after a moment regarding the interaction "but he's no real battler."

<> Jeeves considered the information. << Hm. To be what your trainer wishes you to be is quite a noble, sensible, pursuit, but you must remember that it must be a compromise. What they like about us, may not always be what they need from us. I do not believe that Miss Dove should be disappointed if you were to evolve.>>

Loro crept a little closer and looked, with wide eyes, at the huge fire type.
<>  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces