Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:28 pm
Tambrey had been sat in a wheelchair for the first week but had very quickly grown tired of it... Plus, with a much less severe injury to her leg than she had received once before, as soon as she felt comfortable enough, she'd moved onto crutches.
There were a -pain- for a lot of things, but she had quickly gotten used to them once more, recalling quite well how to use them, and finding them so much easier a second time around...
Standing up straight seemed to help a lot more for the injury she'd sustained to her side, too, and, though she found she tired quickly, she actually found the walking aids to be less painful than a chair.

Thankfully, she had Tarana, her Chingling, to aid in some things, as a lot of her more reliable pokémon were rather 'large' to be out all the time, or quadrupedal, which probably wouldn't have been so helpful.

Tarana used all his weight to help push open the door as Tambrey stepped through, a woven bag over one arm, containing tupperware, in which were a couple of batches of very simple 'Chocolate Rice Crispy Cakes'... It wasn't much of an effort, but they were one of her favourite snacks, and she hoped they'd be good for a party.
She hopped into the room, with a smile for those she recognised, and a glance for the table where she should put what she'd brought.
"Evening!" The crutch-wielding agent greeted, accompanied by a tinkling noise from her bell-shaped companion.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:45 pm
"Yes that would be me; Grunt KO aka Kirk," KO smiled as he turned to look Kyle over. Now here was a man who knew how to dress! His apparent companion was nondescript but this one... hummm, Kyle? "And you must be Kyle," he continued, moving forward to accept the rather generous offering of scotch. On closer inspection the man's clothes didn't look quite custom tailored as his own were but they were obviously a good make - he couldn't place it, maybe a small designer rather than a big label - and chosen to flatter both build and complexion. "I like the outfit by the by, where do you shop?" It never hurt to have places to go to get inspiration.

Like a true host come social butterfly KO turned on to the white haired young man again. "Why thank you, for the wine and the compliments! I thought it only fitting to celebrate such a great achievement with a great party, and it's too long since I've had the opportunity to do so." Make new friends and influence people, oh yes.

"And yes," this was to Xander, "I remember now you mention it. Well, good to see you again then!" He did remember, more or less, but he might have emphasised the more part because who didn't like to feel important like that?...

Ah, but Lu was all alone and here came Tam on crutches. Maybe he could direct the two of them together? They'd been on the mission so they had at least met and Tam's easygoing nature - as evidenced by not murdering Star while she had been his roommate - might gel well with Lu's shyness. "Tam, good to see you," KO grinned, "did I ever congratulate you on your promotion? If not, congratulations!"

Did that fop ever stop talking? Aulus glared a bit more at KO but the man appeared not to notice, which only made him scowl more. Xander got a nod of acknowledgement and; "Hi," but it was another blond he was really waiting on. Where was Alex? He was supposed to be here! It was still a bit early he supposed but- Oh thank Gods there was Tam, somebody he could talk to. Hu, and Mister Fancy thought he was going to steal her attention? He thought not!

"Hey Tam," Aulus wheeled himself over to join her, "you're off wheels then?" That was obvious but he just wanted something to say to pull her attention off the shiny grunt with his slick outfit and onto him instead.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Ryoushen Finari

Fashionable Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:14 pm
The host did blend well with crowd, his ability to hold simultaneous conversations and keep track of all that was going on was at least mildly impressive. Of course, if he titled himself as a party planner, he wouldn't be much of one if details weren't important to him. Claris offered him a brief nod before working to get himself some of the Alcoholic punch, the wine would come later but he would definitely not be the one to open the bottle -he- brought, oh no.

His gaze was cast about the group, none of the Rockets present familiar to him, and that meant they were all newer and yet some were his superiors already. This would have agitated him any other time but today it just wasn't worth it. The majority of them here had participated in the recent events, something he had not been present to do. They did have some right to their positions then and he wouldn't make a fuss about it.

As the female entered he nodded briefly to her, and to the other who used his wheeled mobility to bring himself to her. This caused only the slightest of upturns at the corner of his mouth before he looked back toward the others KO spoke to. In time he might come to know them, if he cared enough to bother.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:14 pm
"Oh! Uh, thanks! Honestly I kind 'f forget it happened except for the, uh... extra work and stuff." Tambrey replied, with a smile, for KO, pushing her glasses up, and then offering, as best she could, the woven bag with the cakes inside. "I brought, uh... these." Well, he'd soon see, and figure out, what they were... No need to draw attention to just how basic her offering was compared to all the alcohol and goods others had brought.
"Hey Aulus! I am, as of... just a couple of days ago. I's tiring but I was getting a bit... sore, just sitting. I just wanted to work and the labs are just -slightly- easier to get into on crutches than in a wheelchair. Still, kinda limited... How're you holding up?" She couldn't imagine he was very happy, wheeling about.

The grunt cast a look around, noting... Lu, Xander... the Kyle guy... and someone she didn't really recognise.
A very fancy grunt; she offered a smile and a return nod to Claris, feeling just /slightly/ strange at the more fancy dressed occupants of the room despite knowing herself excepted from the dress code; she herself had simply opted for comfort, though she could pass -somewhat- for smart in dark blue trousers and a grey sweater, with her hair pulled back into a habitual ponytail, she certainly didn't look like she'd made a real effort.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:51 pm
When he'd first received the invitation, he thought about not going and staying in the new room he'd been assigned. But then the party was being thrown to celebrate the successful raid and captured he had been a part of so even though Rory was still recovering, he found a decent set of clothes and changed before going to the cafeteria to acquire a bottle of wine for the event.

Walking into the party, he spotted Xander, Tambrey, Aulus, and a few grunts he vaguely recognized as well as one he didn't; one of them had been part of the raid team with them. Moving over to the group, he nodded his greeting.

"Evening, guys."  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:43 pm
Claris did note the smile and nod offered by the female and it made his lips curl into a half smile before his focus turned back to his drink. He would find the time and opportunity to speak with her later. He wasn't a playboy or anything but he felt himself more comfortable around females and his ability to actually carry a conversation worth having improved drastically with them.

The punch, though alcohol, was still sweet and tangy enough to keep the alcohol from being overpowering. It was blended well, and this pleased him, as his disdain for things ran deep and it would do well for KO in the future if aspects of his 'performance' tonight did not upset him. Not that he held station above the other grunt but he was damned good at making someone else's life hell.

His gaze shifted toward the Charizard again and he fought the scowl away that threatened to creep across his visage. Finally he made his was over to Lu, offering his hand to the other.

"Hey there... I'm Claris, you?"

Ryoushen Finari

Fashionable Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:13 pm
Something about so many people was still overwhelming despite the fact he wasn't making much effort to intermingle with them. Lu stared down at the cup of punch that was keeping a hand from wheeling himself at least a little out of the way of the crowd. He could try to balance it between his legs, hope not to spill it all over himself? Or he could set it on the table, though it seemed rather rude considering he'd just gotten the drink handed to him. Lu frowned and sighed quietly to himself, lifting the cup to his lips and draining it. Telling himself he should have gone with the non-alcoholic punch, Lu stuck the empty cup between his knees with no risk of spilling, Lu finally reached back to wheel himself off-

Lu jumped, not having been paying attention to the people around him, and looked up to the grunt who'd just introduced himself. "O-oh, um, hello," he said, hoping the guy hadn't noticed him jump, Lu reached out to shake Claris' hand. "I'm Lu. Hope you're um, enjoying the party... KO did a pretty good job." He said, offering an awkward smile to the white haired grunt.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:30 pm
He nodded in agreement, as he had noted how well the party had been put together. KO had of course done an excellent job, he would not deny that. When the grunt shook his hand the chill that ran through his skin and veins greeted the others bare flesh and he gave a slight smile.

"Nice to meet you Lu, I see you've avoided the majority of the festivities to this point, though I can understand. The party is only starting and I'm well... I'm more of a wall flower myself..."

He took hold of a chair and brought it over to seat himself beside the other male, an attempt to offer him company and to perhaps build some sort of bond with -someone- on the team.

"I take it... Based on your injuries... You were on the raid? I'm afraid I haven't read up on what happened or listened to much of the talk..."

Ryoushen Finari

Fashionable Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:18 pm
Kyle eyed the other grunt for a couple of seconds, arching an eyebrow before he seemed rather pleased by the way KO presented himself, so this looked like a man who enjoyed the finer things in life.

"KO? That's an interesting choice for a nickname, does it stand for anything?"
He asked, putting on a cool grin, casually offering up the Scotch to the host with a casual shrug. "Woh, and you know who I am already? I didn't think that the fact that we all had our flesh handed to us on clawed wings out there was real reason to get us noticed, was it?"

When asked about his clothes Kyle reached a hand up to pluck at the cuff of his shirt "Hm- some fashionista on tour through Kalos was holding an exclusive venue in Lumiose city." Kyle answer as if it wasn't a big deal. "Pretty sure that's where this is from anyway, I was just in the aria, and decided to stop in."
Kyle himself wasn't about to overlook the other man's dressy casual himself, "You can't tell me there are places in Kodo that sell outfits like yours." He said making a gesture to the red haired Grunt. "I would be surprised for a little nothing island like this."  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:12 pm
Lu returned the shake, vaguely wary of the man's clammy hands but assuming the man was just nervous about the gathering of people as well. Nothing wrong with that.

"Ah, yes... I'm not, um, not so great with people, haha," Lu said sympathetically, picking up and fiddling with his empty cup now that he had a feeling he wouldn't be going anywhere as Claris pulled up a chair to sit with him. At least his company didn't seem too hard to get along with.

Lu looked down at his casted foot when Claris asked about the raid, sighing quietly. "Yeah, I was there. I didn't do a whole lot, though... definitely not enough to warrant all this. Um, the others though, they did more. It was... well... I mean, it was a success, so that's what matters, I-I think. Even if people got hurt." He didn't want to talk too much detail, the memory(especially of the end) made his stomach feel twisty and gross. "The wheelchair isn't so bad, at least. It'd be nice if it was a little bigger, though..."  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:40 am
Now what was that little smile about from the sweet ice prince? Maybe if he'd had his full attention to give he could have at least seen where Claris directed it, but on the other hand maybe not. Still, that little upturn of the mouth was pretty cute on him.

"Oh, thank you Tam," he said instead, accepting the offering of food and placing it with due care on the table. "I'm sure the new quarters at least are notable! I'm quite jealous you know, a bathroom you only have to share with one other person!" He really hoped somebody showed up with something savoury soon, but such was the chance you took when you couldn't individually assign people things to bring. Seen as Tam now seemed to be busy with her scarred compatriot KO moved on, back to Kyle.

"K.O., knockout if you will," he replied with a little grin. "It also happens to be my initials; Kirk Oak, no relation." Up until he was about six KO had in fact thought that his last name was 'No Relation', it always had come as a suffix. "And of course," he continued, "I did my research on my guests of honour for the night, it would have been rude for me not to know you."

Speaking of there was Agent Rory; the man got a flash of a smile and; "Welcome to the party! Please help yourself to anything you fancy."

A host however was due some pleasure, surely, and the topic Kyle had turned onto was certainly one he enjoyed. "Oh, now I've never been to Kalos but I've heard great things about the boutiques there. You're right of course, that Kodo doesn't have anything really worth seeing in the way of fashion, but it does have a couple of good fabric shops and as a keen tailor," KO gestured lightly at himself, "I make my own arrangements."

Ugh, ******** Rory.

He didn't hate the guy but now that the blond was here Tam would want to talk to him. Aulus was aware that it was pretty crazy to resent that but he couldn't help it, he just- Well he wished the guy had stayed in his room, that was all.

Choosing not to look at him for now Aulus focused on Tam, as if it could put off the moment that Rory would come over. "Been better," he said with a shrug, "but at least I've got good painkillers. They want me to breathe normally so, lots of drugs until my ribs hurt less without them." A large part of him would rather just macho through the whole thing, but logic - for once - overruled and dictated that he take what he was offered and do as he was told. The better he behaved as a patient the sooner he'd be up and about.

Ugh.

"But... I suppose I've been worse too," Aulus allowed reluctantly with a shrug, "I mean, I had s**t drained out of my lungs but not skin grafts this time? So I guess that's a win." The broken ribs seemed to hurt less than the burn had but maybe it was a psychological thing, in a better frame of mind this time or something.

Maybe Alex had run into Faleen and decided not to come after all... no, no he would have said if he wasn't coming. Aulus glanced at the door, hoping that Alex would turn up soon now even more that he was convinced that Tam would be talking to Rory soon.

[Edited in]

Char, having been left to his own devices, headed over to the drinks table and started to pour out some cups of punch. The pale-haired human - Claris was it? - who was looking at him in such a rude manner got a stern look in return and a snort of disapproval.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:16 am
Tarana jingled at KO, almost as if telling the man he 'was welcome' in place of Tam' doing so, before turning his attention to the wheeled-Aulus, and noting he wasn't the only wheeled-man in the room.
How curious were humans and their... gadgets. Gingerly, the little psychic type poked at the wheel nearest him with a stubby arm.

"Rory!" Tambrey greeted, with a smile, unfortunately for Aulus, though did return her attention to listening and, responding, to what her scarred friend talked of.
She winced at the discussion of skin grafts.
"Eek. Yep. Well, at least you're getting better... I'm glad the drugs help." She frowned a little- he did seem to get injured kind of badly on missions; maybe she'd have to try and keep an eye on that next time; it wasn't fun to see friends hurt so badly after all, and she did feel rather like she had a duty now too.
"You're making good progress though, right? Have they given an estimate for when you'll be up and about again?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Ryoushen Finari

Fashionable Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:49 am
He paid no heed to the Charizards behavior, the less he focused on the fire type the easier it would be to control his obscenely intense hatred toward the Pokemon, even if it was not that particular Charizards fault.

Lu's avoidance of the details did disappoint him a bit, and there was the briefest of shifting in his posture before he shifted back from the 'slumping' of his shoulders,"Well it's alright if you're not so great with people. I'm not either... I admit normally I'm a complete d**k and don't care what anyone thinks... But this is a party, so why not unwind and be at least a -little- pleasant for once? If you were involved, then you deserve this as much as some others. Obviously given how many of you were injured it was an extremely difficult situation... The fact that you were successful, and survived to boot, is worth celebrating. You should be more proud of yourself-- You furthered the goals of Team Rocket by your actions, no matter how big or small."

Why he was feeling so 'nice' of late was beyond him, but he felt like he needed to at least try to push this particular Rocket to a better state of mind. Sure Lu was shy, so was Claris, but the Rocket seemed a reasonable enough sort, and the Rocket's weren't in the habit of letting complete incompetents into-- Scratch that thought, he could recall a few stories of specific 'infamous' Rockets.

Enigma reappeared near the Charizard, the white, silver, and ice blue Mismagius tilting his head curiously at the larger Fire and Flying type Pokemon. It of course spoke to it in their tongue, as the Mismagius had decided it would learn the human tongue at some point, but right now it was not a necessity,
"Word. I wouldn't expect a Charizard as a butler for an event, surprising. Want some help? "  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:06 pm
"Thanks and thanks for getting this all together," Rory offered a small smile to K.O as he handed over the bottle of wine, "It's not much, I know."

Turning towards Tambrey, he moved to her side and leaned to lightly peck her cheek, after all, they weren't on duty there. He could be affectionate if he wanted. "Hey," he greeted her quietly before glancing over at the other agent. "It's good to see you both out and about. It's Aulus, right?"  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:18 pm
Char gave a low rumble and inclined his head slightly. he responded, his tones formal and polite but indicating no deference. It probably had a proper name but he was unfamiliar with the confection and had no idea what that name might be.

"Nonsense, it's lovely," KO replied to Rory, accepting the bottle and holding it up to look at the label with he made a noise of approval to before placing it on the table.

"I guess, and they said maybe a week more," Aulus replied with a little shrug and a frustrated purse of his lips. "I'll still need to take it easy for a while after that though, I'm going to be completely out of shape by the time I can hit the gym again...."

Well hi Rory.

Hi and welcome.

Aulus' open demeanour closed off like a steel shutter slamming and he acknowledged the blond with a nod. "Yes, that was my name on the mission and it hasn't changed in the intervening time. Shockingly."

Ugh, he should be nice shouldn't he? Tam liked the guy - a lot apparently - so he should be nice but he really really didn't want to be, even if the guy did ask a question that was either inane (read: Rory was too dumb to remember the name of the mission leader he didn't want to bone) or rude (read: Rory couldn't be bothered to try). Maybe it was deliberate, maybe Rory was trying to communicate to Tam that it wasn't worthwhile remembering his name! He wouldn't put it past the little s**t, look at him being all... all... being all there and kissy kissy. It made him want to hurl.

Unable to think of anything nice to add, Aulus said nothing else at all.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff