[PRP] The Tides of Time Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tinnunculus

Spacey Spark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:02 pm
"Yeah, that would be.. yeah," the blond replied thoughtfully, brow furrowed as he absorbed this information. There was a pause while a half-dozen ideas died behind his eyes and were replaced with a half-dozen more, then: "Huh. Yeah, that.. well maybe.." He pushed his glasses up and let his hand linger there as he reached for an idea still too insubstantial to grasp. After a moment he gave up; it was his turn to order.

The interruption to his thoughts lasted only as long as it took to order, pay, and return to Faleen's side. "Please, show me those files," he told her, with seriousness promptly broken by a faint grin. "Maybe it'll make some of the stuff I'm thinking more coherent." Another thought. "What does it do to Psychics?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:14 pm
She watched as he thought, clearly lost in some kind of map. She always wondered what it must be like for him to put together ideas, did it work like coding for him? for her it was like fitting he right pieces together, finding just the right tool or the right connection to be able to keep them together and mobile. or taking them apart for additions.
No matter what problem she had she always imagined it in that kind of form.

"Oh uh, sure, I have them in the lab." She seemed taken by surprise by the question, but even more so by the Psychic types.
It was here that Faleen gave a long pause, blinking a couple of times before she finally spoke. "I don't know yet." She admitted "I'm sorry, I'll admit I don't go out of my way to work with that type."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tinnunculus

Spacey Spark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:57 pm
However his ideas formed, Hayes was still half-caught in the process. It idled behind his faint smile as Faleen paused.. and kept pausing. The moment almost seemed to go on too long - and then she answered, just as someone slid their drinks over the little side counter.

"Don't worry about it," he shrugged, his easy smile returning. "I'm just thinking of.. well, okay, Metagross. Yeah, Pokemon, but they're also these.. incredibly powerful, naturally occurring supercomputers." The programmer said this in the same tones as 'holy grail.' "Today's computers are miles away from their level of computing power. Our chips just can't do it. But if you can just control what's already there, the applications for that kind of thing are.." He trailed off, lacking suitable descriptors. "That's just the first example I can think of."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:50 am
"I'll admit." Faleen replied after a moment to soak in what idea Hayes was pitching with the pokemon, getting a rough idea of what he was going for.
"The idea of using pokemon as a surveillance instead of machines wasn't one that I am particularly fond of, though due to our new living situations I understood it was, in the end, a better idea then just cameras. But I am even more reluctant to consider using pokemon as any part of the base systems. especially Psychic types, who have in the past proven to overcome our control and cause a great deal of trouble."
And if by trouble one meant having the oldest and most able body on her team... No, just no. It wasn't worth the risk to her.

"The machines we can build in the work lab are more then efficient for the purpose."

She had approached the subject respectfully, but with a good deal of caution in her tone.
"It sounds like it would be an interesting experiment though."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tinnunculus

Spacey Spark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:15 pm
Had he just-? Hayes' bright, engaged expression froze as his inner observer informed him that yes, yes he just had.

"Yeah," he said when he didn't think his voice would betray him - even so, it came out a little stilted. "S'a good point. With great power and so on." The blond put his free hand to the back of his neck, reaching for his drink with the other. Idiot. (Was he picking up Kurt's self-critical monologues? No, he'd only put a foot wrong in a situation where he cared about hurtful mistakes.)

He cleared his throat and added, a little quieter, "Sorry. That wasn't the best example."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:59 am
"I wouldn't exactly claim they have great power, just that they're more... unpredictable."
No great power was reserved for better types in her mind, that was for sure.

She seemed to be a little surprised by his new demeanor, though she couldn't pretend to know why.
flushing a little she held her hand up in reassurance and shook her head.
"As I've said, it might be worth seeing how an experiment like that goes, if nothing else to see what the little guy is capable off."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out