Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:59 pm
Rosie shuddered at his words, her fingers closing by her face as she gave out a pathetic whimper in place of a more forceful sob that she manage to withhold.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:28 am
It connected - he was sure of that much, but he just, just couldn't make out how. It was different from the surge of feelings; maybe this, he thought, was what a memory felt like. It wasn't quite a memory, though. Not yet...

The sound Rosie made drew his attention from the matter, and he blinked for a moment, unsure of why she was upset. That intense feeling of regret he'd experienced before came to mind, and he gained a sense of understanding. Of course she was upset; someone had died. "It's not..." he began uncertainly, grasping at fleeting words. "It's not something I can change now anyway, though, if it's true... Even if I remember it, grieving or being upset won't undo anything, not my regret and not that woman's loss. Either way, all I can do now is look forward."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:22 pm
"Its just that this is what everything come to now, isn't it." She managed to say, shaking her head that she still held in her hands when Luke spoke,
"Its how bad things have gotten, you had to take someones life, to protect someone else's."
Her breath was starting to come in harsh shutters, the more she dwelled on it "You had to kill someone!"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:48 pm
He lifted a hand, thinking he might provide some kind of comfort or reassurance, but ultimately withdrew it, unsure if the comfort and reassurance of an alleged murderer was something she would appreciate at the moment. Even if he didn't remember the deed, the words were stinging. "That's a choice people have to make sometimes," he said, the words heavy. "Police officers, soldiers, even civilians... Even if I remembered everything that happened, there'd be no way of knowing if it was really the right thing to do or not. How do you make that decision?" He shrugged helplessly. "You just... hope. At least, that's what I intend to do."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:09 pm
Whatever Luke was saying didn't seem to help Rosie in the least, in all honesty she couldn't really make out half of what he was saying though she got the gist of it, though to Rosie it didn't really mean that it was any less of a terrible tragedy.
"I know" She managed to gasp through her increasingly harsh breaths
How long had Luke had that weighing on him without her even knowing? It wasn't just fighting Rocket, it was the extreme, it was having no choice but to take a life, and she knew Luke, she knew he wouldn't have unless there was no option. She couldn't and wouldn't doubt that fact.

Rosie was finding it suddenly hard to breath, no matter how many times she tried to take in breath, it was shut off short with a growing panic.
"I know, I know- I know-" she couldn't seem to get much more out then that, though it wasn't without trying before she held her hands up, reaching out to grab the nearest solid as she took another step back.
"I know-"
All she knew now was that she needed to get away, this was the last thing Luke needed, and the flood of hopelessness that was washing over her was just going to drag her down even more.
"I need- to go-" she said between painful gasps, looking around for the steps behind wide glossy eyes. "I'm sorry, I need to go."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:25 pm
It certainly wasn't difficult to see that his words had no effect, except maybe to make things worse. Regardless of whether or not he was responsible, though, he didn't want to as much as entertain the mere thought of stepping back and letting her do whatever she would do. Her reaction was somewhat frightening, but more than that it was concerning; he stepped forward in counter of her step back, raising a hand lightly to rest on her arm, "I'll go with you. Where do you want to go?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:48 pm
No matter how hard she tried to get a hold of herself she just seemed to sink further and further. All the worry, fear, and desperation she had been trying to silently deal with for the last couple of months finally crashing in on her with just how pathetic she was, and at the worse possible time, just simply proving it.

"N no, its okay, I'm okay-" An utterly miserable attempt at reassurance.
She reached her hand up to put it on his, shaking her head but not daring to look up.
"I'm okay- I'm sorry- I didn't mean-"
She took another step away and a fanning gesture to herself, quickly making her way to the side to try and find her way to the stairs, gripping at her chest as she tried to breath.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:54 pm
"Okay," he said with a nod, understanding that it was entirely untrue but far from wanting to call her a liar. "You don't have to apologize, but I'm coming with you."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:05 pm
Rosie stopped and turned shaking her head and holding her hand out "N no, its okay."

Oh god no, Luke please don't, this wasn't how she was supposed to be acting, she just wanted to go to her room, calm down, compose herself, sleep it off, or something. she couldn't put this on Luke, not with what he was already dealing with.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:08 pm
"I don't want to leave you alone," he replied, his tone stubbornly firm. "You wouldn't leave me alone. I'm staying with you." He wouldn't be argued away.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:29 pm
She reached out to take a hold of the banister as she started to make her way up the first two steps, stopping as Luke insisted on following her.
All she needed to do was turn and tell him that she just needed a little time to compose herself, she was just going to figure it out and be back so that she wasn't sobbing all over the place and make everyone feel awkward.
But by now her breath was so uneven she could barely choke out a sob let alone a word, one hand clinging to her chest as she tried to continue up the steps and away from Luke.

She didn't get very far before her body pushed her down onto a knee against one of the steps, Rosie couldn't seem to get enough air, and it was starting to scare her.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:52 am
"Rosie, stop," he insisted, his tone just short of scolding but the hand he laid upon her shoulder light and gentle. "Just sit down for a minute, okay? Just sit down here and breathe."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:06 am
Any attempts she could have made to her room were difficult enough, but to her surprise with Luke's tone and a hand on her shoulder, trying to get her to sit down it wasn't much of a hesitance before she managed to turn herself to the side and sit down folding herself forward to put her face and a folded arm into her knees.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:19 am
He seated himself beside her, raising his arm around her shoulders and speaking gently, "Can you breathe okay? In through your nose, count to three, out through your mouth, right?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:44 am
It took a while, her gasps kept catching in her throat as she tried to breath, not made easy as she was still around Luke, who's he didn't want to subject to something like this.
At the same time, as he sat down she felt his arm around her, and while he spoke she tried to do what he said.
Squeezing her eyes shut, and trying to to slow her breath. At first she didn't think it was going to work, but slowly, eventually, and with Luke's encouragement she was able to get it slow enough so that she wasn't feeling like she was suffocating.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff