Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { After School Special } -----Character Plotting
[AMA] Hanna Nowicki Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:11 pm
Beejoux
BEEJOUX, I CHOOSE YOOOOOOOOOU

...for an IOU roleplay. smile

1. This a push the button question: You were never podded. You never had to give years of your life. You are a full hunter now. BUT The friends you have made in the hear and now will never come to Deus. You will never know them. Do you push the button?

I don't know. ...but maybe. It's hard to feel at peace with losing so much time, but I wouldn't want to just walk away from my friends.

OOC: Hanna would absolutely push the button. She hates that time was stolen from her and feels like, despite the affection she has for her current friends, that there will always be friends for her, somewhere. She isn't so desperately close to anyone that walking away would be impossible. Hanna is always going to put herself first when it comes to it, and since she has only really been back 2-3 months, she hasn't had time to bond deeply with anyone. The closest people to her, like Cami or Peyton, are probably actually better friends with each other than her. She'd rather have the power and experience, in a lot of ways.

2. What's your favorite color?

Green, green, green. I feel like most people would guess red because I wear a lot of it, but green is the most beautiful color to me. It always has been since I was little. Maybe it was because my bedroom was green growing up? Whatever it was, I adore it.

I actually took a personality test called "true colors" and my classification was Green. It felt like fate.

3. Do you have romantic feelings towards anyone on the island?

No.

OOC: Hanna is curious about Jack Hawthorn and wants to get to know him better. She doesn't have a crush on him necessarily, but she does have oh-he's-sort-of-cool feelings.

4. You have come face to face with a denizen of Halloween, they are none threatening, but you have your orders. Do you attack them? Do you kill them?

Orders are orders. It's for the good of humanity. Sacrifices must be made.

OOC: Hanna hasn't really killed in a one-on-one situation before, or killed a semi-human-in-appearance creature. She would struggle to carry out this order a great deal more than she would ever admit. Ultimately, she would do it, but there would be hesitance and perhaps bungling of the mission.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:30 pm
'Sup, Hanna~

1. Is there a family tradition you miss being part of?

2. If there was one thing about yourself you could improve, what would it be?

3. In a life or death situation, what is more important: the safety of those closest to you, or your own health?

4. What about Harry Potter draws you in so much, and do you prefer the movies or the books?

5. If in another universe you saw yourself as a student at Amityville, what do you think would be your species and why?

Akina Tokuwa

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:58 pm
Ol-j-man
OH HI, YAY! This means I can now claim an IOU RP with you~ Claimed. Boom, roasted.

1. Is there a family tradition you miss being part of?

Yes. I miss walking down to the old church to wait in line for an hour to get hand-pressed pierogi made by these old ladies. My mom would get so pissed if we were late because they would run out, or we'd be stuck with plain potato or sauerkraut, which were still delicious but just... my mom liked having choices.

But honestly, the tradition I miss the most is eating steamed blue crabs -- newspaper all over the table, Old Bay stinging your nose, juice squirting with each shell cracked, crab carnage on the table... Some of my best, happiest memories -- jesus, some of the only times I actually felt like I belonged with the rest of my family -- happened sitting at a table feasting on Maryland blue crabs.

2. If there was one thing about yourself you could improve, what would it be?

My Hunter knowledge? Taking a two-plus year nap did not help me. I feel like I am fighting to make up for the lost opportunities to learn and grow as a Hunter. I'm still doing coffee runs. I haven't operated a golem, unless you count my trials. I haven't been assigned any missions specific to me. I didn't walk away from everything else to be mediocre here. I'm tired of kids younger than me knowing more about this job and getting more respect.

Not to mention I've gotten my a** kicked in a few spars, and... yeah. I want to be better at my job faster than the current rate I am growing at, at least.

OOC: A part of Hanna wishes she cared more about people. It's lonely loving yourself the most and quietly suspecting everyone around you is going to somehow let you down.

3. In a life or death situation, what is more important: the safety of those closest to you, or your own health?

It depends.

OOC: Her own health, 9 times out of 10. Hanna is not as decent as she wants to be and does not believe in the after life.

4. What about Harry Potter draws you in so much, and do you prefer the movies or the books?

Do I prefer the movies or the books? DO I PREFER THE MOVIES OR THE BOOKS? What kind of question is that! If you prefer the movies, then you are disturbed and maybe should be put down and also please never speak to me.

Harry Potter was the first immersive book series of that particular length that I read. It helped that I sort of was growing up as they were coming out so it felt like a distinct corner of my childhood. It was also the first book series that I read that OTHER friends of mine had read. I was used to trying to talk to people about Tamora Pierce or Patricia Wrede and getting blank stares. It was a refreshing change of pace.

It also appealed to the part of me that felt convinced that there was something else out there. Muggles never knew about Hogwarts, of Platform 9 and 3/4. I liked the idea that this whole world of magic and intrigued existed just on the other side of a single brick wall. I desperately wanted to be part of that world.

I also identified with Hermione, shut up, ******** you.

5. If in another universe you saw yourself as a student at Amityville, what do you think would be your species and why?

One of the weeping angels from Doctor Who, because.

OOC: I honestly just haven't thought about this one enough, and my brain is fried. She'd maybe be a Reaper or some kind of ghost. I see her as a sarcastic ghost. Or some sort.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:29 am
hi hanna hi

1. do you have a childhood memory that really sticks with you, either for its impact or being very memorable or simply extremely vivid in some way
2. what would be the title of your autobiography
3. do you have any embarrassing photos  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:00 am
Hanna,

If you had to live without eating either Berger cookies OR Utz chips for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

How well do you and your weapon get along?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:05 am
Hanna-

Do you seek any sort of romantic companionship on the island? If so, what's your type?

Who is your favorite Ninja Turtle and why?

You have to choose one for yourself: Deaf, Dumb or Blind?

Do you worry about side effects from being in your pod so long?

Are your reasons for joining Deus pre-island still driving forces in your life?  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:14 am
Akina Tokuwa

Hanna: What do you like to do when you have free time?

Do you have a crush on anyone?

What Harry Potter house would you be in?

What was the best dream you ever had?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:33 am
Akina Tokuwa

Hanna - You have the choice of either forgetting everyone that you know right now or never feeling any pain again. Which do you pick?  

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:56 pm
Akina Tokuwa

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Cats or dogs?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:14 pm
What's your number one 'rock out and feel better' song?

What's the first thing you think of when you spot other people with facial tattoos?

Do you want to build a snowman?  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:34 pm
lizbot
hi hanna hi

1. do you have a childhood memory that really sticks with you, either for its impact or being very memorable or simply extremely vivid in some way

The first time I saw my mother cry. My father cried. My mother never did, still barely does as far as I know.
OOC: Hanna's mother had a miscarriage between Hanna's birth and the birth of her twin sisters. Hanna refers to this as her ghost sister because her mother has not really moved on from it.

2. what would be the title of your autobiography

Behind the Veil

3. do you have any embarrassing photos

Why, do you have some of me? (And yes -- doesn't everyone in the age of #selfie? The worst, honestly, is me in a Taylor Swift tank top, making a complete un-ironic duckface and... just... I look like an idiot, which makes sense, because I sort of was then.)

Inle-roo
Hanna,

If you had to live without eating either Berger cookies OR Utz chips for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

Utz makes the most delicious poetry of chips called Crab Chips that are seasoned with Old Bay. I can't quit you.

How well do you and your weapon get along?

Some bumps, but mostly fine. The Lady can be sensitive and vindictive, which is challenging.
OOC: Hanna is downplaying this. They were fine before she got repodded, but every since Hanna got back, her weapon has been acting out like a petulant child. The Lady resents the 2.5 years of being back in the pod, since her greatest fear is abandonment. She felt abandoned by Hanna, her chosen Hunter. It hurt.

iloveyouDIE
Hanna-

Do you seek any sort of romantic companionship on the island? If so, what's your type?

Seek it? Not really. I have more important things going on now, but if it happens, whatever. I'm open. My type is smart, funny, interesting -- the usual. I can't take people who are overly chipper; it grates. I just want someone who sees the world like me and isn't boring. I can never do boring. I'd rather have a horrifically painful relationship than a dull one.
OOC: Hanna is sort of looking. She is getting itchy for companionship, but isn't the type to go for whatever is available because of it.

Who is your favorite Ninja Turtle and why?

The green one. Good color.

You have to choose one for yourself: Deaf, Dumb or Blind?

Who the ******** chooses dumb? I said deaf before, but I think I might actually go with blind... Communication is too important to me.

Do you worry about side effects from being in your pod so long?

I trust the Life division.
OOC: She keeps journal devoted to this precise issues. Hanna is incredibly paranoid about it.

Are your reasons for joining Deus pre-island still driving forces in your life?

Yes. I want to learn more and understand the things that other humans are incapable of. That will always be a driving force in my life.
OOC: Hanna likes feeling special, and right now, she doesn't feel that way at Deus. So, if anything, it is driving her more now,

Prolixity
Hanna: What do you like to do when you have free time?

Read, mostly. I've taken to trying to learn origami recently, because? I used to spend a lot of time listening to music and watching TV, but I can't really do that the same way now so I find other things to occupy my mind and my hands. I like learning new things, including stupid skills. I have a strange desire to learn to knit. Crossword puzzles. I am starting to become one of those bizarre people who likes running. Random things.

Do you have a crush on anyone?

No -- why do you care who I like? You don't even know me.
OOC: Hanna sort of is interested in Jack, but it is very casual and more curious than anything at this point.

What Harry Potter house would you be in?

Ravenclaw.
OOC: Slytherin.

What was the best dream you ever had?

Joke answer: you, me, in a cande-lit waterfall in a secluded, steamy grove... Truth? Flying. I love it when I dream I can fly. I always imagine that I just need to get a running start and then -- I soar. But most of the dream is me trying over and over, failing and failing, and then, in one moment, I fly and it is all worth it.

kuroopu

Hanna - You have the choice of either forgetting everyone that you know right now or never feeling any pain again. Which do you pick?

I learn things more soundly when the lesson is painful. I'll keep the pain and everyone I know now.

the_scowling_cat
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Cats or dogs?

Either are cute, but I prefer cats. Less work, less mess, less needy. I don't think I could stand coming home to an animal freaking out because it is just so excited for me to be present. I'll take the independent animal, please.

Skye Starrfyre
What's your number one 'rock out and feel better' song?

I don't know if I have one definitive one, but what I think of now is probably... "Kiss With A Fist" by Florence + The Machine.

What's the first thing you think of when you spot other people with facial tattoos?

How much is ******** hurt. A weep a single tear of empathy because, goddamn, it hurt.
OOC: If the tattoos are similar in some way to hers, she gets annoyed.

Do you want to build a snowman?

I don't understand this question. What, is this a drug thing? Because then, maybe.

{ After School Special } -----Character Plotting

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff