Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { After School Special } -----Character Plotting
[AMA] Obadiah "Taym" Thompson Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:04 pm
Taym!

F/M/K

America, Peyton, Maebe.

rejam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:04 pm
Taym

What would happen/how would you feel if you were turned into;
- A cat
- A minipet
- A halloween creature or horsemen?  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:33 pm
Rejam

@ Taym

What is your favorite good memory at Deus thus far? Doesn't matter how big or small.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:44 am
Taym: in 11 years your daughter is in a pod. What state would you like Deus to be in when she wakes up? What division would you hope she join? Assuming you're still alive, would you avoid her and erase the relation or try to become a part of her life once more?  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:48 am
and be blue
Taym:

What's the worst job you've ever had?
What is the perfect romantic date?
Do you think redemption is possible? If so, can anyone be redeemed, or are there only certain circumstances that can be? If not, why do you think nothing can redeem itself?

1. This one.

2. It's not the most original answer, but just being alone with someone, somewhere quiet, with some sort of really excellent food--that's all I want. Or a slow meal at a nice place with a great tasting menu and a quiet dining room, and then a long nighttime walk home and no reason to get out of bed for the next twelve hours, just hanging out and alternating between chatting, sleeping, ********, and getting [REDACTED] on [REDACTED]--but I am at a stage in my life where I'm willing to forego the last part.

3. Yes. Only certain circumstances. I do think there are unforgivable transgressions.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:51 am
Akina Tokuwa
All the leaders of Deus have been killed. You (for some reason, just go with it) must appoint new leaders for each division. Who do you appoint and why? Do you make yourself a leader?

This is a good ******** question, but I'm sadly not equipped to answer it. I don't know enough people, and the people I do I don't know well enough, especially in a leadership position. Generally speaking I'd look for people who respect all Hunters, who aren't prone to inter-divisional rivalries, and who believe in transparency and accountability. It would be hard to enforce democracy on a place like Deus Ex, but if I could I think it would be better to put elected positions into place that rotate in and out of power after set amounts of time, with term limits.

I wouldn't put myself in a position of leadership (or run for it, in that scenario) as I am right now. Get back to me in a year and maybe I'd have something to offer.  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:52 am
Beejoux
Taym!

F/M/K

America, Peyton, Maebe.

rejam

Easiest FMK ever: ******** Pey, marry America, kill Maebe.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:53 am
poke mattix
Taym

What would happen/how would you feel if you were turned into;
- A cat
- A minipet
- A halloween creature or horsemen?

1. All of my dreams have finally come true.
2. I have no idea. On the one hand: all of my dreams have finally come true. On the other hand: if I maintained my previous consciousness, I'd rather die. I'd off myself.
3. If I maintained my previous consciousness, I'd rather die. I'd off myself.  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:00 am
Lucyal
Rejam

@ Taym

What is your favorite good memory at Deus thus far? Doesn't matter how big or small.

I don't know if I could pick one, because I have a handful I keep close but for different reasons.

Valentine's Day, aka the Kittenocalypse, was a standout for obvious reasons.
Molly bringing me a handmade sweater on Christmas made me feel more cared for and thought-about than I had in a very, very long time.
Although the event itself is one that I'd much rather forget, Bix trying to push the one pendant that we had into my hands when it was obvious that whoever stayed behind was going to die horribly--I think about that a lot, when it's tempting to think that there's nothing to redeem Deus. There are good people here.
The first time I hung out with Bashmet up on the bluffs I felt a sort of serenity and stability and friendship and normality that I honestly never thought I'd get a chance to experience again.
Lying in a bed full of confetti with America and taking her phone away from her.

OOC: PS I LOVE YOUR SIG  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:08 am
lizbot
Taym: in 11 years your daughter is in a pod. What state would you like Deus to be in when she wakes up? What division would you hope she join? Assuming you're still alive, would you avoid her and erase the relation or try to become a part of her life once more?

This is my worst ******** nightmare.

I hope Deus is what it promises so many of recruits it is: a group of good people, duty-focused, well-organized, who are trying to make the world a better place for the human race. I'd like to see a Deus where loyalty is maintained through genuine respect for the organization instead of enforced through violence, and a Deus where the leadership fully respects the sacrifice its members have made to be here. A Deus more like the Deus I saw on New Year's is a pipe dream, but that would be ideal in terms of living situation. I still wouldn't want her here, but I'd feel better about it.

In the ideal Deus her division wouldn't matter. I'd want her to go and do whatever she felt she'd be best at and wherever she felt the most at home. In the current Deus? Life, because I'd rather her safe in a lab somewhere; or Moon, because if she isn't going to be safe there either I'd hope she's dedicating herself to an ideal of helping people and improving the place.

I'd like to sit here and tell you I'd leave her be. I know what it would mean to try and re-establish contact with Tuesday after all that time and I know that I wouldn't be a father to her after all that time--just some sad ******** old man who lied to her and hurt her because he apparently didn't love her enough to get his life together for her. It would be kinder to let her go and do her job without ever realizing who I am, if I could make that happen.

But what I ought to do and what I do are often two different things. I honestly don't know how I'd behave.  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:21 am
Name a guilty pleasure! This could be crappy food, movies, books or an awful song that you can't help but love. Low brow s**t. You know you have some.

Do you consider yourself an addict, an addictive personality, or something else?

Please name your celebrity dream girl.

If you could have picked a different weapon type, what would it have been?

From Bix: Please use your best language to describe the super dark black inky emotional depths of your soul. *blinkudesu eyes*

rejam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:35 am
rejam

Taym!

1. Are there events, large or small, in your time at deus, that you would go back and change if you were able? Things you regret doing, or not doing?

2. If someone walked up to you out of the blue and offered you a chance at your drug of choice, with complete immunity to rule related consequences, what would you do?

3. Deus had figured out a way to allow normal pets to survive on the island. You can get a cat, or a dog, but you have to destroy Quint and Jessel in order to make this happen. Would you?

4. You are hanging out with Peyton, you have both been drinking. Somehow you find yourself in a situation where you have the opportunity for a kiss, for more than a kiss. Do you go for it?  

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:42 am
Rejam

Taym: Are you a good person?

Tink: What is your favorite thing you've kept and why?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:50 am
iloveyouDIE
Name a guilty pleasure! This could be crappy food, movies, books or an awful song that you can't help but love. Low brow s**t. You know you have some.

Do you consider yourself an addict, an addictive personality, or something else?

Please name your celebrity dream girl.

If you could have picked a different weapon type, what would it have been?

From Bix: Please use your best language to describe the super dark black inky emotional depths of your soul. *blinkudesu eyes*

rejam

1. I will eat chicken and waffles and more than that, I will enjoy them. I'm so ******** ashamed. I will also eat pretty much anything that contains sugar as a primary component, regardless of actual quality. And finally, I trash Stephen King a lot but if you swear not to spread this around I will confess that I enjoyed the hell out of both Cujo and The Body, but I refuse to say that they were well-written. They weren't. (The Body was slightly the better of the two.)

2. (THIS ANSWER is way more honest than he would ever actually be) Truthfully? I don't ******** know. I had/have days that I can't do anything but blame myself for the shitty choices I make, but there are other days where it doesn't feel like it's possible for me to have any control over them. I think as time goes by here on Deus I lean more towards "an addict." I do think it's present tense. I don't think I've actually gotten over anything--I've just removed myself from easy sources of temptation. I need something in my life to obsess over, I guess, and I haven't found healthy things that are as much of a relief to obsess over as unhealthy things are.

I don't think addiction is a disease. I don't like the word "treatment" in reference to it. I don't think it's under the purview of the medical community. I don't ******** like the term "self medicating," either.* I don't like the idea of absolving myself of blame for the s**t I do by shrugging it off as an illness or a coping mechanism, but sometimes it really didn't feel (still doesn't, sometimes) like I was the one making my own decisions. It's not something I like to think about, so I don't.

OOC: He hasn't even touched the fact that he likes to punish himself :T

3. TAYM DOESN'T KNOW ENOUGH POP CULTURE TO ANSWER THIS. If he did, his answer would be Mean Girls-era Lindsay Lohan, or early Molly Ringwald. He has a MILF-y streak though, so Jessica Chastain would probably creep in there.

4. A gun, if we're talking actual physical shape, or something else you can stand back with. Or at least something that looks impressive, for ******** sake. If you mean instead of Fionnghal as she is--I don't know. I don't think anyone. We have our disagreements and she often pisses me off, but the more I hear other Hunters talk about their weapons, the more grateful I am to have her.

5. No.

OOC:
* which is exactly what he was doing  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:55 am
Beejoux
rejam

Taym!

1. Are there events, large or small, in your time at deus, that you would go back and change if you were able? Things you regret doing, or not doing?

2. If someone walked up to you out of the blue and offered you a chance at your drug of choice, with complete immunity to rule related consequences, what would you do?

3. Deus had figured out a way to allow normal pets to survive on the island. You can get a cat, or a dog, but you have to destroy Quint and Jessel in order to make this happen. Would you?

4. You are hanging out with Peyton, you have both been drinking. Somehow you find yourself in a situation where you have the opportunity for a kiss, for more than a kiss. Do you go for it?

1. Many of them. I wouldn't have joined, for ******** starters. But setting that aside: I wish I hadn't kissed Peyton. I wish I hadn't ******** America (and in fact I often wish I hadn't met her at all). I wish I'd transferred out of my division sooner. I regret not trying harder to convince people that information access is important, although I don't think it would have done any ******** good. I regret the things I did during the Lighthouse Trials, because even if I wasn't culpable in killing another Hunter I felt like an accessory, because I was so quick to dismiss the situation as a dream or nightmare.

2. Absolutely, I would take it. No hesitation.

3. Yes.

4. No. If we were both sober the answer might change--I'm still saying no but I am aware that I might be lying, depending on the circumstances. But if we're drunk? No. I wouldn't do that to her.  
{ After School Special } -----Character Plotting

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff