Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Update! Pics added Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

slapthefatcat2

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:28 pm
Me too, and i have cosplays to do for Otakon. gonk But first, I have to finish this 5 page essay that I found ou was due last night, not today. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:49 am
Tonight, when I get home from work, I plan on knitting - hoping to get the jacket finished this week, so I can start wearing it!

Basically, all I have left to do is a few more inches for the shoulders & the sleeves, so it shouldn't take too much longer to finish...I hope!

The problem I'm going to have (well, two problems, really) - the cats can't leave yarn alone when it's moving (which it does while I knit), and it is so big already that most of it sits in my lap while I knit, which makes me very warm.
This also makes the cats crazy, since my lap belongs to them, NOT the knitting!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:11 pm
Have a bracelet that I want to wear tomorrow, but it's almost impossible to clasp it! I'm going to change out the clasp, and hopefully it will have cooled down enough by the time I'm done that I can even consider knitting.

It's currently 83 inside my house!

Doesn't help that I can only open one window, since the rest have either storm windows on them, or no screen. I've opened a second one before (just a crack, so the cats can't get out!), for a cross breeze, and a bee flew in.
I'd rather have fans going than bees in the house.

I do have some screens for the house in the garage, but a) have no idea which screen fits what window, and b) have no ladder to use to put them on.
I'm going to try this week to get at least a couple of them up, using a step stool, so I can try to cool off the house after I get home!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:10 am
Got the bracelet fixed!

Tried to knit, but it was so hot, I could only stand the mass of knitting in my lap for about 4-5 rows.
If I can do that much each day, I should be able to still finish it by next week...I hope.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:45 pm
Just got home, plan on fixing something to eat, and then knitting for as long as I can stand the massive amount of jacket in my lap!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:37 am
Worked on a necklace yesterday that I'd started a couple months ago - could not figure out why it wouldn't hang right when I put it on, so I kept making the 2nd & 3rd rows smaller, and it kept getting worse.

Then it dawned on me - they needed to be bigger, NOT smaller to fall properly.
It's turning out gorgeous now!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:00 am
Will attempt to download / upload pictures today of the necklace, and the jacket.... Hopefully it will work!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:14 am
For some reason, my phone & my computer don't like each other, and I can't transfer pictures. Going to try at work (putting them onto a usb), and transferring that way.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:08 am
Finally got my pictures downloaded (mostly!)

Now, to remember how to link them to here...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:11 am
Here's one neckalce I made, Start to Finish.
Start
to
Finish  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:15 am
Here's the necklace I fought over hanging right.
I think it turned out really pretty!
Copper/Bronze Necklace  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:20 am
I'll take more pics of the in progress knitted jacket - the ones I had were so fuzzy all you saw was a mass of color!
Now that I figured out how to download them from my phone (at work!) onto a thumb drive, I can get more pics posted as I get stuff done!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Felina75

Cheery Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:27 am
Emm-Kaye
Here's one neckalce I made, Start to Finish.
Start
to
Finish
Oh wow. You do beautiful work, Emm-Kaye. I just had to browse your photobucket. I love the beads you use. Where do you get your beads from? I buy mine from Fire Mountain Gem.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:17 am
Thank you.
I usually get my beads from the Bead Shows I attend once or twice a year.
(The Copper/Bronze necklace - I knew pretty much what I wanted to make, and looked for beads to do it with at the Bead Show - hadn't intended it to be leaves, was actually looking for round beads, but the leaves went perfectly with the other beads.)

Sometimes I go to a local bead shop (when I visit my friend who also beads).
Some beads are from Michael's or Walmart - depends on what I need and when.

I have gotten beads from Fire Mountain before - they are great!
I actually have quite a large stash of beads.

I frequently buy a string (or 5) just because I like them, with nothing planned to make out of them - I had bought the rainbow beads that way.
I had the bronze size 11 beads left from another project, and just happened to put them next to each other when I was looking for something to make, and decided they looked great together.

Same with the pewter heart bracelet - I had 2-3 strings of both sets of hearts. Put them side by side and wow! a bracelet! (and earrings).  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:37 pm
OK...went a little nuts today & bought some gorgeous sheer fabric that I plan to make into a jacket - as soon as I can find the right color thread to do it with!

Guess I'll be sewing this weekend!
(I will post pics.)  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas