Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:14 pm
Still the woman's stare didn't waver, as though it was drawn onto her face, but she stood aside and held the door open further to allow the pair to enter, "Come in for now. She'll surely hear you out, at least."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:20 pm
The black-haired man's face lit up. "Thank you very much~!" he said, almost bouncing into the apartment. As well as a person with a cane could, at least.

"Phew, it's so hot this time of year. Kylee-chan and I aren't the sort to wear skimpy clothing, though, so it's murder out there for us. Even if we did, I bet we'd burn like a Grass-type."

Shadow the Pokemorph

Lonely Phantom

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:25 pm
Faleen watched and listened without comment, certainly not catching on to what the two were talking about, though it seemed to make sense to them, and that's that mattered.
Eventually they were invited inside, much to Izaya gratefulness.
"Layers are best suited for winter, Nakura." she started to him with a light are of her eyebrows before stepping after her partner.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:35 pm
As the pair passed through the doorway, the woman shut the door behind them. She nodded to the stoic-looking Zangoose, and the forms of the two faltered and shimmered. In a moment, the middle-aged woman was replaced by a slender girl of a dark complexion, lavender eyes, and long, pale brown hair. The Zangoose in turn because a Zoroark, black and white in its coloration.

The girl crossed her arms loosely, watching her visitors with the same scrutiny she had shown them when she first opened the door. "I don't believe you can complain about temperature if you voluntarily dress in such a way," she said, nodding to the fur-lined jacket. "So, now that we have some privacy, are you going to stop being dubious, or is 'Nakura' just how you choose to be addressed now?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:54 pm
"Winter or cover," the grunt answered his partner with a giggle. "That's why they call it 'under cover', isn't it?"

"Neh, you don't have to be so mean, Emily-chan. If that's even what you go by these days," Nakura said, pouting at the girl when the illusion was dropped. "It's not our fault some idiot traitor decided to expose our identities before he died. We have to be extra careful, now. Do you know how many months I was stuck in solitary confinement?"

With a heavy sigh, he flopped on the nearest piece of comfortable-looking furniture - be it chair, couch, or cushion - and made himself at home. "You're the one who had the whole illusion disguise going on, anyway, so I don't know what you're complaining about. We're just being as cautious as you are."

Looking to Faleen, he said, "That alone is a pretty good sign she's Rocket material, though, don't you think? Not even counting her skill with picking up languages, her clever scams, or her abilities as a fellow information broker."

"You learn how to speak pokemon yet?" he teased the girl, grinning.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:01 pm
"I do not," she quipped immediately, "and I would appreciate it if you would stop addressing me as such."

She watched with a look of silent disapproval as her uninvited guest made himself perfectly cozy on her couch. This wasn't the place where she technically lived, so she supposed she shouldn't be so finicky, but it was a matter of etiquette. Things were different from how they had been years ago; he was on her turf this time, and it was within her rights to demand a certain degree of decorum.

Solitary confinement - and here she'd assumed he'd been killed. She wouldn't have been surprised. "An illusion carries no risk of heatstroke," she pointed out, gesturing to her shorts and sleeveless blouse. "I at least know enough to dress appropriately for the weather."

An eyebrow arched reflexively as he continued to speak, though she refrained from commenting on what he said. "If I had, I certainly wouldn't indiscriminately mix it into another language while speaking," she said sharply, deriding his use of Japanese interjections and honorifics in his otherwise English dialogue.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:02 pm
... Certainly one would think that wearing winter clothing in the summer would be a lot more suspicion then someone not looking around the city in interest. Faleen pondered at a length after giving what Izaya had said some consideration.

A few thins were said that drew a light frown onto Faleen's face, first starting with Izaya coming out that their intensities had been reviled by a traitor, and then bringing up mention of Team Rocket.

The Agent remained standing, watching her Partner as he continued to talk with her back straight and her hands folded behind her back, that was, until a certain point Faleen took a step forward, looking from her partner, to the women they were speaking to and back
"Do pardon my interjection here, but this certainly isn't retaining to what I believed as a personal mater." She pointedly spoke to Izaya "What is our reason for being here?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:31 pm
"Then what name would you prefer I address you as, little bird?" he asked, leaning back against the head rest with his arms out and closing his eyes as he succumbed to the blissful, cool air conditioning.

"Alright, then next time I'll wear nothing at all and just have my Zoroark cloak me. Would that make you happy?" After weeks and weeks of wearing that stuffy grunt uniform, he'd missed his familiar fur-trimmed coats, jackets, and parkas. Besides, they had lots of pockets. And he could just pretend he was some unfortunate tourist who didn't know how to dress for Kodo's climate this time of year.

Her comment about his language habits caused him to grin, eyes still closed. "It's my first language; give me a break. Besides, I think it makes me sound cute~" He was, of course, referring to the otakus and other enthusiastic people obsessed with cultures other than their own.

Even within his own culture, Japanese girls had silly, nonsensical habits of referring to themselves in third person or adding 'desu' to the end of all their sentences, so he often enjoyed parodying said habits. The fact that he had an online female alias with which he regularly practiced typing like a Japanese teenage girl probably didn't help matters.

As if sensing Faleen's frown upon him, Nakura opened first one eye and then both, raising his head. "What? It's not like she wouldn't have known this stuff already if she had access to a television or the internet. Nevermind the fact that she's an info broker." If she could tell him why it would have been any consequence to blab such knowledge to a stranger, he might have refrained, but he honestly couldn't see the harm.

As far as he was concerned, all the damage that already could have been done had been done, and anyway if all went well today, the 'little bird' would have had all this information available to her as a new member of Team Rocket.

"...Personal matter?" Nakura sat up. "Sorry, did I say that was what this was?" He gestured to the girl. "Well, she's another old client of mine. What do you think? Couldn't we use someone like her?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:55 pm
She stared for a moment, and only a moment since he was immune to staring so long as his eyes were closed, before answering, "Aveline is fine for now. If you found me here, you must have encountered the name at least passingly."

She allowed herself the personal satisfaction of rolling her eyes at the responses he gave, looking to his female companion as she spoke and back to him as he followed. "I can't say that I pay a great deal of attention to matters of relation to Team Rocket," she corrected, folding her hands neatly at her waist. "There isn't a significant demand for that kind of information among the parties that I service. ...And, I'm sorry, 'use' me? Would it be much trouble to ask that you don't discuss me as though I'm merchandise?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:03 pm
"I was mistaken then." Faleen admitted, though most of the time when Izaya went out it was for a business reason on his end, and she knew he had left a lot in the air when he had been put on probation.

For a moment Faleen said nothing, then without a word she moved her hand to her pocket, where a small hand held black device was brought up and activated.
It took a couple of seconds to shuffle through the settings before she seemed to find what she was looking for.
Hazel eyes lifted to the two in the room and the Zoroark as she lifted a gloved hand out in front of her, moving it slowly across the room, and past the girl and her Zoroark.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:06 am
"Of course. But I thought since we were old friends, we could stick to old names~" Nakura sighed with feigned disappointment, waving a hand. "Fine, fine~ Aveline it is."

"Well good, then we don't have to worry about you selling off our information," he said brightly at the comment regarding the lack of significant demand. "As for 'using you', perhaps that was the wrong choice of words. I meant we could really use a person of your talents and intellect if you so chose to lend them to our cause."

At Faleen's response, the grunt's crimson eyes flickered toward her. "Maybe not as mistaken as you think," he muttered quietly with a slightly irritated smile, as if speaking mostly to himself.

When he watched her take out the black device, though, his brows rose in interest. "What's that? Making sure the perimeter is secure?" he guessed. Perhaps it was something made to check for bugs or other listening or spying equipment. Likely Faleen had thought it up and made it herself; he'd never seen any other Rocket use such a thing before.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:50 am
"I suppose that would depend on what that cause is," she commented, her attention turning to the woman as she proceeded to wave around some dark, pocket-sized device, presumably a scanner of some kind. "If you're searching for listening devices," she said, "you won't find any. People do tend to value client confidentiality." Not that that confidentiality couldn't be sold off for the right price, but she didn't see the need to hurt her reputation outright with something as underhanded as tapping.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:01 am
Closing the app on her dex when she got no readings Faleen lowered her hand back into her pocket with the tech and glanced back to the women.
"No insult intended, but we're learned that one doesn't make it very far unless they cover all bases of caution. And I do not know you." She glanced to her partner "I didn't expect Rocket to be brought up like that, let alone this be a potential recruitment."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:23 am
Faleen's partner gave her a sheepish look as he shrugged, his arms extended out to his sides. "Aw, you know me, Faleen-chan. Would I be this casual or loose-lipped with my information if there was any cause for worry?" It was a rhetorical question, of course.

"Regardless of how cold you ladies seem to be set on behaving, I think a valuable deal could be struck here," the grunt said, looking at one woman and then the other. "I'm just the bridge between your two worlds, though. The choice of whether you want to meet each other half-way is up to each of you two." He sank back in the couch once more.

"I've already mentioned some of this little birdie's skills, and I doubt I need to go into detail as to what our organization can provide. In case I do, though, let me remind you that Team Rocket provide a safe haven from law enforcement and whoever else may be after you. They also pay - admittedly not much to start with, but it goes up as you gain in rank - in addition to food and boarding."

"The higher in rank you are, the more power, freedom, and benefits you get. You can do any number of illegal activities provided it's in the best interests of the organization. And, best of all, there's a wealth of information inaccessible to anyone outside our membership." He gestured with a hand. "Shall I go on?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:11 am
There was a small, fleeting frustration that she was being underestimated; the last time she'd spoken to this man had been years ago, and she was certainly very different now than she had been before. How was he to know that he needn't worry?

She listened skeptically to the explanation - she felt a little awkward standing in the middle of the room like this, but she didn't want to seat herself so long as that other woman was standing. As Izaya offered to continue, she raised a pausing hand and shook her head. "I'd prefer to hear about something else," she said. "Why exactly are you here today? - and I don't mean the obvious purpose. Why me? Why now? You're far from an altruistic person; I can't believe that you're truly and wholeheartedly making this offer based solely on the grounds that you think that it would be attractive to me. What value do I suddenly have to you that's found you at my doorstep today?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff