Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:12 pm
She smiled a little more properly at the idea of Aulus in eyeliner and leather... Gothic, or 'emo', Aulus, even just as a mental image, was funnier than it should have been.
"Neph probably is, yeah..." A pause to deal with the pain of the idea of laughing, and then, still amused. "I like Pepper; she gets superpowers in the end, right? I'd be happy with that."

Well. Maybe not the red hair; Rory's sort-of-ex had had red hair; that could get a little awkward, maybe.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:21 pm
"Yea," Aulus said with another strained smile, "or you could be lady Sif? Lots of options.... So have you got any idea how long you're going to be stuck in here? Your leg looks... un-fun." They'd pinned his arm up like that at first but Aulus decided not to mention that, it was the very last thing in the world Tam needed to hear right now.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:28 pm
"Ooh! I forgot about her..." Tambrey admitted, and frowned, it was a minor thing, but she had honestly completely forgotten about the character, despite liking her.
Well, perhaps her brain would be better up to speed in good time; it felt horrible thinking 'through cobwebs' all the time.

"... I think somebody mentioned it but I wasn't really, um, awake enough to remember to take notes." Definitely hadn't quite been awake enough, as she remembered the information, without specifics, being given to her by a grinning Mr. Mime...
"It's," She caught herself; she had nearly said 'not great but still attached' "okay. It's not fun; broken ankle and a heel fracture. Toes are fine though. They keep me on some pain killers..." And the stuff she'd taken before the mission, in an aid to get better, seemed to be helping and hindering in equal measure with her recovery.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:37 pm
"Hu," Aulus nodded vaguely, "fair enough, hopefully not too long.... Once we're both out we should watch some Marvel stuff. That'd be nice." Suggesting something so normal seemed surreal right at the moment but he knew that life was going to go on so doing normal stuff again soon was inevitable, he'd-

He wasn't going to be able to demonstrate properly to his karate class anymore.

Feeling sick and cold again Aulus closed his eyes for a moment but managed to keep it together with a slow breath in and out. It wouldn't be forever, and Tam and Jerome could demonstrate in the meantime, and if anyone laughed at him or smirked or anything he would show them that he really could beat the s**t out of them one-handed. It would be okay. It would. He was still valuable. It was fine.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:43 pm
"That would be nice..." Tambrey agreed; her mind sluggishly worked through memorized images from before the mission- trailers and snippets of information about movies she'd wanted to see.
"Groot..." She mumbled, trying to remember the title, and then more clearly "I mean... Hopefully we can get a bootleg of, um, Guardians soon, that looked like fun..."

She trailed off, concerned, when she turned to catch him closing his eyes.
"Okay?" Well, okay in context, she supposed was what she was really asking...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:47 pm
"I... yeah." Aulus cleared his throat and nodded, looking up at Tam again with a worn expression. For a few moments he considered leaving it at that but on second thought he couldn't see any reason not to explain, and in fact given it would affect Tam it made sense to. "Just realised I can't really demonstrate a lot of stuff to the class until I get this..." Fixed? Replaced? "...Sorted out. But... but it's okay. You and Jerome can do the bits I can't, right?" It made sense to admit it but that didn't mean he felt comfortable as he did so, he felt all weak and squirmy and sick.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:54 pm
Ah.... Ah right.
She supposed that was true.
"Well, um, eventually, definitely..." She agreed, wiggling one foot to indicate the other; she could when that healed up.
"And, well, maybe you won't be able to do everything for a while, but there are still some things you can demonstrate, right?" Surely not every form needed both arms, and he was left-handed... "Still gonna need you to make sure we're doing it right, too..." Tambrey frowned, worriedly. She didn't like the idea of trying to teach anything without Aulus there, one armed or two armed; he was who had taught her, and she didn't trust herself to do as good a job.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:05 pm
She was right, there was still stuff he could do and intended to do; it was something to look forward to, it was a plan for the future, a purpose. "Yeah," Aulus' shoulders lifted a little and though he still looked pallid and unhappy he no longer looked quite so small. "I mean, I'll be there and I'll still do whatever I can. I'm not going anywhere, I'm certainly not handing over my class! It's one of the few things that makes me stand out." He wasn't going to be beaten by this, by Galactic; he was going to... he was just going to have to suck it up and get on with things.

This was of course much easier thought than done.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:11 pm
Tambrey might have looked relieved, if she didn't look so pale and worn down herself.
Still, there was another smile as he seemed to square up, just a little, back toward his old self.
Even a little glimpse of the normal, proud, Aulus, was nice to see compared to her friend looking a bit lost.

"One of the many." Tambrey felt like she had to correct him, though, when he said 'few'. "But I'm glad."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:20 pm
"Eh." Aulus gave a slight shrug and looked away again. "Don't know about that. I fight well and I have a strong team, I don't do any of that smart stuff like you and Alex." And Xander, and Faleen, and Rory, and most of the people he knew or who were connected to people he knew; Jerome had a useful background and made himself invaluable in transport. Compared to all of that he felt, had always felt, that he had a bit of a weak hand and now he didn't even have that and wouldn't again for a long time and- and-

No, he was supposed to be being positive.

Aulus shook himself and shrugged. "Ha, but... but I do fight really well, and I'm going to learn to shoot. I guess I can do that one handed."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:28 pm
"Pft." Tambrey croaked, and waved one hand dismissively.
"I do genetics and biology. Give me the material, I can reproduce it or poke it until it changes. I'm far from the best, and far from the only one who can do it; even Kailee- you know, that blond grunt?- could do the same with enough access..." She tried to sit up a little more again.
"You have a strong team because they trust you, and they trust you because you've proven yourself to them, and proven you have their best interests in mind; that you care about them. 'S the same reason we tend to like you too, y'know. You're one of the best of us." She seemed to be expending some energy to get the words out, but continued until she had, before smiling, and sinking back down again.
"Another thing 'm gonna bug you to teach me about..." Of course, she wanted to shoot tranq's, or other non-lethal projectiles, but getting the basics of firearm use was probably necessary.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:35 pm
"Oh, well, I suppose that I... well we're close and- but- I'm nothing like the best of anyone unless we're talking specifically about hitting things," Aulus replied, stumbling awkwardly over the words with a bit of a flush coming to his cheeks in a stark contrast to his otherwise pale face. He did smile a bit then though; it was a hesitant, tired smile but at least it wasn't forced. "But... thank you. I mean... it means a lot that you think that." Tam seemed to be tiring, maybe he should go? He didn't really want to though, in fact he didn't want to at all. "Um... you sleep if you need to, I can go and get my tablet and a blanket if you'd like me to stay." If she asked him to stay then it wasn't him being clingy, right? Right.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:44 pm
"Hitting things is a thing... " Tambrey managed, lamely, trying to point out that it was still a thing he could be best at; and now he could be the best at hitting things with one arm, too. "You're welcome; i's just the truth though..." She frowned a little "I don't need," or want, anyway "to sleep... But you can get a blanket if you're allowed to stay; that'd be nice. I'd offer mine but I kind of need it for living and stuff..." A little over-dramatic, but she did still seem to get cold quite easily, which she supposed was understandable, after losing blood as she had.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:49 pm
"It is a thing," Aulus agreed, overcoming his fluster with another ghost of a smile. "And you know you're pretty awesome too. Just saying... glad you're my friend and all." Talking about feelings was difficult but it had felt important to say it, they had all nearly died after all... again.

"I've got a better idea," he added after a moment, reaching into his pocket to extract and activate a pokeball which promptly released Char.

The tall fire type looked around with some concern but observing Aulus out of bed again and Ms. Tam awake he gave a low pleased rumble and bowed his head to the woman in the bed before draping a wing around his trainer.

"That's better," Aulus sighed, leaning against Char honestly less for the warmth and more for the comfort of contact with his scaly friend.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:58 pm
"Thanks," Tambrey managed, her smile tired, but, again, genuinely there and pleased to hear it.
Her eyes watched him, from behind her glasses, carefully, then she nodded as Char emerged.
"That /is/ a better idea." She raised a hand in a small, slightly pained, wave, to greet the fire type.
"Hi Char; you're a cloak today!" Some part of her was rather amused at the many roles the Charizard could play.
"Oh. Um. Favor?" Tambrey hesitatingly ventured after a moment.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff