[FIN] Getting Out Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:55 pm
Aulus gave a brief laugh of surprise at Tam's outburst and whapped her very very lightly over the head; the playful gesture felt important at that moment but he didn't want to damage her. "Hey, watch it, or I'll exterminate you first.... I wonder if I could get weaponry built into it, or dex functions... or both. That would be cool." It would, once it was finished and he could work it and everything. It would be better than a real arm in some ways... but it wouldn't be a real arm. Maybe it would feel like one eventually.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:08 pm
Tambrey grinned with a little bit of relief as the outburst was taken well, playfully even, but, as she ducked with the gentle 'whap', she was thinking about the subject too...
"Hey! You can't exterminate me," She gestured at her chair- while on her should a very confused Jubilee was trying to follow the weird conversation now- "I'm clearly Davros."

She drummed her fingers lightly on the wheel rims.
"I don't see why not. It'll be integrated with your nervous system, so you'll probably be able to do quite a few things with it... Probably have different senses than you've had before- like little super powers, even with some of the more simple things..." Her mind was drifting around the various transhuman and body modification subjects she'd come across, usually over the internet, but occasionally in books and magazines relating to various scientific interests.
"It doesn't take much at all to gain a sensation regarding magnetic fields and such, after all, and this will be a pretty neat, complex, arm... I bet Faleen could tell you a lot more about what it could have in it, but I know, from a biological sense, you could wire in a form of echolocation sense if you wanted it, and stuff like that..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:15 pm
Wooooah. "Holy s**t," Aulus muttered, "that would be... ******** weird. And ******** amazing. I guess it'll be a matter of weight and space though, only so much you can fit in there. Have to prioritize I suppose." As the lift arrived on their floor and dinged open Aulus stepped out, brows still knit close together in thought. "I like your ideas." Being able to get around in the dark effectively without night vision goggles could come in- Oh, oh he had to say that aloud.

"Could come in really handy."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:36 pm
"Hee!" Tambrey smiled, appreciatively, letting out a small laugh at the wordplay.
"Prioritizing is good, but... Yeah, stuff like that wouldn't take up much room or power in some cases. The current model of the echolocation thing I've seen uses neodymium implants, usually in the wrist or finger, and the stimulation of those magnets is how people learn to sense what's where... It's very skill-based... A bit like reading braille, I think; takes some time to really get used to it, but that's with, uh," She looked for the right words "much less integration."

Fingers, wrists, tiny magnets... She wasn't /entirely/ sure what a whole, nervously integrated, technological arm might be capable of... but power, weight, and capability like that was something tech could make a much better guess at.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:51 pm
"Hu." Aulus wriggled his fingers speculatively. "Well I'll mention it to Faleen, see what she thinks. I don't even know how it'll be powered yet to be honest." Hopefully by something reliable, running out of power at a critical moment would be bad. Running out of power at any moment would be really ******** annyoing at best come to that.

"It'll take four to six months for the fixture bit to integrate though, so I've got plenty of time to find out about this stuff," Aulus added with a shrug but the way his lips pressed flat together rather detracted from the casualness of the gesture.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:11 pm
Tambrey nods.
"That's a lot of time to get it absolutely perfect for what you want..." It wasn't a -huge- amount of time for various research processes, but it certainly gave a good scope for working on -necessary- features... Like the power source...
Something poked at the back of her mind, just out of reach... another thing she'd read, but couldn't quite remember...
She made a mental note to look it up later to remind herself.

"I have to admit... I know it's your arm, so... I'm sorry... but it is such a cool idea from where I'm sitting..." Tambrey smiled softly. She was sure he'd rather have kept his own arm.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:14 pm
"I.... Yeah." Aulus glanced about but they were alone in the corridor so he shrugged, rubbing his neck as he tried to line up words. "It is a cool idea... it's just easier to think about if I detach myself from it. It's going to be great, I'm sure, but...."

He shrugged again, coming to a halt beside a door as his words trailed off.

"Seems like this one is free."

He pushed the door open, stepped inside and held it for Tam.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:28 pm
She thought about the blood she'd been taking from herself over time, her plan for it- resisted so often- and nodded slightly.
"It was your arm. Harder to detach, erk, er... Hard to give up a part of yourself even when it's gone, either a piece of life, or, I imagine, a body part..." Actually, probably harder, she imagined... Life was fluid and changing as it was, whatever you did with it, but an arm, off, was gone...

Ah, good... They'd found a room. That made it easier to move away from the topic; she wasn't sure he was staying comfortable with it.

Jubilee chattered; she recognised this area.

"Thanks." Tambrey smiled and rolled herself in. "Oh... I always forget how big these are... I know it's not outside but this is... so refreshing compared to that bed..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:36 pm
Detach.

Yep.

Aulus cleared his throat and rubbed his neck. "Uh, yeah. It's...." He trailed off and shrugged; there really wasn't any point trying to articulate it all, well not if he wanted to maintain something vaguely like aplomb anyway.

"It is," Aulus said eventually, as though he was just carrying on from where he'd stopped. He doubted he was fooling Tam but hopefully she'd leave it. "It's good to just see a different four walls I suppose, and for the walls to be further away. Still can't wait to get outside though, I miss the fresh air and sunlight and... well, everything." He wanted to go for a ride on Phaeth, or to fly so fast with Red that he could hardly breathe, or head out on and over the ocean with Asgard. "Boxes," Aulus muttered, more to himself than to Tam.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:42 pm
"At least it is a bigger box." Tambrey smiled. Sure, it was still inside, but she was just glad that her world had opened up to more than 'bed' after so much time spent...
"We'll get outside soon, though, I'm sure... You before me, at any rate, so I'm gonna bug you for stuff when you get to go, you know. I miss chocolate. Proper chocolate." And outside, and nature, and sky and all that but... "I can eat food again, but it hasn't been chocolate yet."

Jubilee, once they were in the training room, skittered down from Tam's chair when she stopped, and made a bee-line straight for Aulus, planning to either climb up his leg, or stop and chirp up at him until he understood what she wanted.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:51 pm
"Chocolate," Aulus smiled faintly and nodded, "I can cope with that, no problem."

Oh, and here was the little fluff bug! Aulus knelt down stiffly, wincing a little at various twinges, and stretched his hand out towards the Joltik. "Hey there Jube, how're you doing? You want to see Paul?" That was his first guess; he wouldn't make another until she had a chance to reply.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:59 pm
Tambrey smiled and nodded. Chocolate was important; it was definitely the best first thing she could think to ask after- and if she wasn't going to get to go out herself for a bit, well... She was sure Aulus would remember.
While Jubilee moved over to talk to Aulus and request Paul's presence, Tambrey plucked up two of her other balls and released them to look over with a little breath of relief.

There was Ella... looking bewildered, but happy to finally be back out, not quite as stressed and frustrated she'd been over things during the mission, but still quiet and reserved.
She snorted a hello.

And Pygi...
The bird looked a little beaten up- 'ratty' in the feathers, but they'd grow out and heal up in no time compared to the human injuries.
The large bird immediately warbled and hurried over to Tambrey to place her head down for a hug.

Jubilee crackled, sparkled a little, and chirped an affirmative noise; yes, yes she did! She wasn't sure what the outstretched hand really meant, but usually it meant 'step on' from her experience, so she moved to do so.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:31 pm
Guh, sparks, she was sparking, not good. He winced a little preemptively but it was okay, it was okay, okay, this was Jubilee- oh but wait! Aulus pulled his hand back quickly. "Oh, uh, sorry Jubilee. Only one hand." He waved it to illustrate before reaching to his belt to take one of the pokeballs from it, quickly releasing Paul.

Once the purple spider had got his bearings he chirped cheerfully and scuttled over to Jubilee to greet her.

Slowly straightening back up Aulus smiled a little again at the sight of Pygi seeking a cuddle. "You look better Pygi," he commented with a nod; as promised he had checked up on her, she'd looked tattier then than she did now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:48 pm
Jubilee widened her little eyes and turned in a little, scuttly, circle; right, humans -needed- those hand things to do all sorts... Having one really was probably awkward for Aulus.

She squeaked happily in return to Paul's chirp.
<<Hey! Did you know your human is missing a limb now too? He doesn't seem too upset but I don't think he's used to it...>> The little electric type let her mouth rattle off her thoughts as soon as they popped up; she was not a 'civilized' pokémon yet, after all; tact, what was tact?

Pygi straightened up, while Tam' continued to stroke her feathers, gently.
She warbled happily at Aulus, and seemed like she was 'inspecting' him; perhaps returning the compliment.
She stretched her wings to show off the new growth.

"She's much better than I'd expected," Tambrey was smiling- being able to see her bird's progress for herself was definitely a relief "saved my life... I'm very glad to see she's doing so well."

Ella watched for a moment, content; she didn't like that Tam' was wheelchair bound, but the woman was smiling, and Pygi was doing alright; that was good.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:01 pm
<> Paul looked up at Aulus, clicking his mandibles together. He was pretty sure Aulud minded. <> Paul continued after a brief pause. <>

"Seriously," Aulus nodded, reaching for another pokeball to release his own savior. Phaethon appeared with a whinny that quickly turned into a nicker as the fire type took in his surroundings. Ears perked forward he approached Aulus for a scratch and a hug, which he got of course.

"We'd be ******** without you guys," Aulus muttered into the Rapidash's neck.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff