[PRP] The Doctor Is In. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:22 pm
Red deflated. she said, bemused. Red was not the brightest bulb in the shed, and probably thought a mixed metaphor was one of those funny salad things her human insisted on eating.

Char nodded; he couldn't understand the philosophy himself but that didn't mean he was incapable of respecting it. Turning to the humans again he waved a hand and shook his head, moving the rest of the way off the field of battle and over to stand beside Aulus.

Aulus raised an eyebrow at the fire type. "No?... Hu. Okay. Well we might as well try the other two moves I suppose. Kailee why don't you ask Doc for quick guard, Red will try to hit him with a couple of Aerial Aces. Got that Red?"

the Pidgeot crowed, launching herself eagerly into the air and firing off a keenly accurate attack.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:37 pm
Doc shook his head. Battling was atrocious. He nodded to Char. Doc moved as if he was going to leave as well and then turned to Aulus to listen.

Kailee nodded and opened her mouth to give the order but she didnt have to. Doc was moving quickly and when he couldnt dodge he threw up the quick guard to defend himself. It wasnt like he had a death wish but dodging attacks was always better and more peaceful then using a protection move. Protection moves prompted frustration and anger. Anger prompted the other pokemon to try and hit again.

Kailee frowned. "You could have at least let me give the command first..." Doc shrugged looking back to red.

Kailee frowned. "I have an idea if you are up for it... maybe watching another pokemon battle would help him get in the mood? Wanna try a two on two?" She pulled a ball from her hip. "Anura... come help Doc!"

The charmander popped out and her tail blazed as she readied herself for battle. And then she realized who was there. She looked to Kailee. Really they were gonna battle with Aulus? She looked to Doc. He sighed.

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:24 pm
Aulus shrugged; "Worth a try." It was and so he selected another pokeball from his belt, sending Killer out to join in. "Okay Killer, double battle," he nodded. "You and Red are taking on Doc and Anura. You can take this one, I'm not going to tell you what to do. And Red," he gave the bird a hard look, "we're just training, okay? Don't get carried away."

Red huffed and preened for a moment but soon nodded understanding, she didn't want to be in the doghouse after all because they probably smelled of dogs. After a moment of consideration she sprang lightly into the air and aimed another Aerial Ace at Doc.

Killer meanwhile remained quite still, watching the pair opposite him speculatively.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:42 pm
Anything was worth a try at this point... at least in Kailee's book. She smirked. Well maybe killer could piss of Doc enough. Anura looked over her opponents. Doc used Quick Guard again. Blocking the Aerial Ace from himself and Anura.

Anura looked to Doc. She moved and she let out a flamethrower at Red. Much stronger from the last time. The pokemon had been working hard on her flamethrower. Doc Narrowed his eyes at Anura. His eyes glowed blue and he aimed the psychic attack at Anura. He picked her up, not harming her and moved her off the field to set her off by Char. He glanced to Red. He sent off a heal pulse quickly and efficiently... And then he turned to walk away. Kailee frowned.

"Stop! We arent done yet!" She flushed. Embarrassed and angry. Doc froze and just looked at her He moved toward her. His gaze angry and his gate smooth. To an on looker it could look like he was turning on her. But Kailee didnt cower. And in the end the pokemon reached out and touched his ball to go back inside.

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:55 pm
Several things happened in very quick succession. Killer glowed with energy and used Helping Hand on Red who neatly swerved out of the way of the Flamethrower before wheeling in the air to perform another attack only to find her target turning on his trainer. Spurred on by a whistle from her trainer she dived towards Doc in a powerful Return attack that was further charged up thanks to Killer but once again the Lucario was gone, to his pokeball this time, and she was forced to pull up sharply to avoid striking Kailee and very probably taking her head off. The Pidgeot gave a shriek of frustration and flew a few circuits around the room to let off steam; still not battle!

Aulus had gone still and steely when it looked as though Doc was going to attack Kailee but now the danger was gone - had never been - he relaxed, frowning thoughtfully. "Now that was interesting," he muttered, staring at the spot where Doc had been a moment ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 pm
Kailee was frozen and then she saw a bird headed straight for her. She reigned her self in to duck and cover her head as she felt the air rush by her. Anura glanced to char, who was now the closest pokemon to her and then she got up and rand toward Kailee. She pat her trainer's leg.

Kailee looked to her pokemon and then to Aulus and she tried to hide how much the thought of being attacked by her own pokemon rattled her. "I..." She took Doc's ball. What the hell was she going to do?

"Interesting? Right... Yeah... "

Anura frowned and looked to Char and then to Killer and Red. She tugged on Kailee's skirt and the grunt looked down. Kailee stared at her pokemon a moment and then nodded. "Its ok... you can return too..." She moved to get Anura's ball and Anura frowned shaking his head to rush away so she wouldnt be called back.

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:21 pm
that,> Char rumbled, It was one thing to refuse to attack personally but Doc had disrupted the entire battle, an attitude like that would be a disaster in the field. Shaking his head the fire type headed over to Kailee to put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

Aulus didn't know how to comfort somebody who looked rattled, or rather he didn't know how to bring himself to do the comforting thing for somebody he didn't value above his own life. He supposed that probably made him an enormous arsehole but luckily Char had it covered so he didn't have to feel too bad about it.

"Interesting, yes," he continued, figuring the best he was capable of was carrying on as normal. "Did you see that? He tried to heal Red, the fact that she didn't need it is beside the point...." And his name was Doc. "Ah. I could yet be wrong but I think you may have a pacifist on your hands."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:33 pm
Kailee offered a smile to the Charizard and she pat his chest gently to say thank you. She looked to Aulus. It wouldnt happen like that in the field. This wasnt the field. This was a pointless battle that had no bearing on anything, aside from trying to harm an opponent for the sake of harming them.

Anura hesitated but seeing Kailee not reaching for the ball anymore she moved back over to pat her leg in comfort. She looked to Char and leaned her head against Kailee. Kailee shook them both. Thankful for the comfort but needing to look strong. She was already embarrassed in front of Aulus... she really didnt want to be again.

She frowned. "Well... There is that... So he just doesnt want to fight? Well thats too bad... " She clutched the pokeball. "There is no point in a pokemon you cant trust." She glared at the ball. "Why would he know Metal Claw if he wasnt going to fight?"

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:46 pm
Char gave a small nod to Kailee and backed off, heading over to where Red and Killer appeared to be muttering to one another.

Aulus shrugged. "I'm buggered if I know," he replied succinctly. After a moment he decided to expand with; "Maybe he wasn't always like that or he learned the move naturally and just... wait, no, he must have been taught Psychic deliberately. Well go with what I said first then, something might have happened to him to make him not want to fight. If he hadn't completely stopped that battle I'd say make him a utility and defense pokemon but.... Well, have to see how he develops. If he can accept working for you in a support role that's fine, but if he can't.... Well, a one way ticket to your parents' place might be best for him." Anything else would just be cruel and probably fruitless too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:04 pm
She grinned to char. She really did like him. And so did Anura if the way she watched him was any indication. Anura just looked away to watch Kailee after a moment.

She sighed. She was in his same boat. "But how will i ever know that?" She thought he may be right. Just give up on him and ship him to her parents.

She sighed. "Doc... Come out..." She released the ball. The lucario came out looking disgruntled. "Back to trying to read your mind." The lucario sat crosslegged and Kailee sank down and stared at him. "Ok... So i get you dont want to fight... Is it me?"

Doc looked at her. No it wasnt her... but being stolen wasnt his best thought either so he shrugged and then shook his head. She looked to Aulus and then back. So it was something about the pokemon... She sighed. She didnt even have a clue where to begin.

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:29 pm
"Well when he listens to you in training battles," Aulus replied with another shrug. "It's not a complete indicator of how any pokemon will act under actual stress of course but a good working relationship in the training room before you try anything where your life could depend on what your pokemon does is key."

Aulus rubbed his face as he sought an angle to attack the problem from. It had been a while before he'd been prepared to take Discord on even minor operations, that snake certainly had been a handful to bring into the fold but they'd got there in the end. Hopefully Kailee and Doc would too.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff