[PRP] Down but not out (fin) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:06 pm
“Tea is fine.” Lex looked over Char, bemused as the charizard set up the chair and brought out a flask and cups. “If he is Alfred, does that make you Batman?” Lex questioned before taking his chair with a smile and took a cup with a polite “Thank you.” He settled in, reveling that he was wearing shorts of some sort.

Grimlock tipped her head, ears perked and stretched. She asked lazily, labeling the new lot as not threats. Well, not the ghost. She was still unsure about that one. Still, the water type would likely run off if she nipped.

The Flareon friendly head-butted the frogadier hip and trotted towards the center of the room, tail held jauntily.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:55 pm
Aulus snorted, an eloquent response he felt, but as he sat down and poured the tea he added; "I don't do campy costumes." Having poured the tea Aulus set the flask back down on the ground, picked up one of the cups and offered it to Lex wondering as he did so what he ought to say next. "So.... You said you wanted to get into something medical?" This wasn't training or anything even vaguely related to it but it was taking an interest and that was good right? He hoped it didn't seem like too awkward a segue.

Thanatos said uncertainly with a glance at their trainers, who appeared to be taking tea and chatting. He wasn't entirely sure what to do about that.

Rose volunteered amiably; he always found such elemental skills impressive and entertaining.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:45 am
“Superman has the worse costume though,” Lex replied cheerfully and took a cup with a bright grin. “Thanks.” He sipped slowly, tasting the liquid. “Mmhm, maybe with pokemon. I like working with them.” Lex shrugged and looked out at the field, and then waved at Thanatos. “I think your team wants directions.”

Grimlock made a chuffing sound of disgust. She perked up. She trotted about in a circle before lifting her head and spat a small cluster of sparks at the wall.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:47 pm
"I guess so. The outfit in Man of Steel is less stupid, but the movie itself is egregious." Aulus scowled as though the film had personally offended him for a moment before adding; "Hu? Oh right, we were going to train."

Seen as it didn't seem like Lex wanted to talk about anything they might as well actually do what he'd said they were going to do. Lex didn't seem as though he was really phased by what had happened at all actually, the man was all smiles and ease... and frankly it disturbed Aulus just a little bit. Maybe Lex was just made of tougher stuff than he was or maybe the grunt just didn't want to confide in him or.... Well, whatever.

"Do you want to have a quick battle then?" Aulus asked, taking a sip of tea and trying not to wonder whether or not the grunt was so disturbed on some deep level that he'd passed back through into sunny cheerfulness which would remain even when he snapped and started killing people with an axe.

Rose gave Grim a quick round of applause for the fire splitting, smiling warmly.

the water type nodded affirmation,

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:03 pm
Grimlock preened under the praise, strutting about the training circle as if to say, I'm fabulous, aren't I? She flickered her tail and daintly sidestepped Sideways' legs as he made an attempt to trip her. She questioned, head tipping as she looked the water type over, grinning slightly. Ignoring that she had not seen a water type before now.

Sideways snorted and yawned. He wasn't overly interested because what could possibly be on the ceiling that wasn't already on the floor besides light bulbs?

"So? How do you want to do training?" Lex question, enjoying the warmth of the tea in the pits of his stomach. "Thant has a type advantage over two of mine. Sunny not at a place where he can fry frogs, so you don't have to worry about that." Thunder Wave paralyzed but it wouldn't overly harm the water type "And most of his moves are bug types."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:16 pm
Thanatos nodded, hopping over to and then onto one of the walls of illustrate. One of the fire types hadn't been interested but the other one - Grims, right? - had seemed to be. he added as he cautiously climbed up a little way.

"Uh." Aulus shrugged eloquently. "Well we can put all three of them against each other, or if you prefer you can put your fire types against Puck - wherever she went - and Rose." Type disadvantages were of course something Lex's fire types would have to deal with in the field, as Lex no doubt knew, but there was no need to hammer it home with every training session.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:29 pm
Grimlock watched, intrigued as Thanatos hopped and then stuck to the wall. Weird. She asked moving closer. How was he managing that? Was it because of his hands? The spiders could because of their feet, so it had to be similar.

Lex looked over the other team, watching them interact. “Three on three would be find. Though I don’t know where you ghastly went.” He brushed a hand through his hair, thoughtful before crossing the room. “Come along brats,” he called and gave a sharp whistle. “Let’s have a pep talk.”

Sideways flicked and ear before trotting over to his trainer. He called.

Grimlock glanced back at Thanatos and trotted after the Flareon.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:36 pm
Thanatos looked up uncertainly and was more than a bit relieved when the fire types moved off to go into a huddle with Lex. Hopping back down he rejoined Rose, grabbing onto the material of his gi for reassurance. he whispered urgently.

Rose replied with a smile and a shrug.

"She'll be here somewhere," Aulus replied, getting up out of his chair with only a little difficulty and moving over to join his pair of pokemon, still sipping at his tea. "Come on Puck, look alive... metaphorically speaking of course." A moment later the ghost type appeared with a chuckle, apparently appreciating his accidental joke. "Okay then," Aulus nodded to the trio, "Thanatos, I'm expecting you to take initiative in this battle; take the lead, direct the others to targets and give them specific orders if they need them. As for the two of you, I expect you to listen to Tha okay? Yes Puck, even if you think you have a better idea." It would be good for the shy water type to get some experience like this, not only taking responsibility for himself but for others as well. Puck meanwhile would do well to learn to listen better and as for Rose, well, he was still very new and any kind of experience would be good for him. "Any questions?" Two heads shook, and the floating orb drifted from side to side. Aulus nodded in satisfaction. "Good."

Thanatos gulped nervously and pawed at his bubbled. He didn't feel he deserved to be given this kind of responsibility but it was just a training battle so it was probably okay, right?

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:10 pm
Lex crouched down, settling on his feet with a low grunt. “Okay, now this is just a training battle. So be nice and play fair. Don’t pick on the little water type.” He didn’t need his fire types making the poor frog cry and Sideways attitude was… abrasive. “Sides, Sunspot going to ride with you. You are to protect him. Grims, you need to work with Sides. I know you can do it.” He scratched under the fennekin’s chin. “I know you’re smart, and you been practicing with Sides to sneak up on Glit.”

He sighed and rolled his shoulders back. “So? We good?” Grims and Sides nodded and he got a ‘tik’ of acknowledgment from Sunspot. “Sun, just find a way to keep on Sides. He’s your transport.”

Sunspot clambered over the flaeron’s back and peered down into an eye.

Sideways replied and twitched an ear before moving forward, setting in front of his trainer, watching Thanatos.

“We’re set. Are you ready Aulus?” Lex called.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:20 pm
"Yea, just let me get out of the way," Aulus replied, turning to walk slowly back to the pair of chairs. As he sank down into the one he had been occupying earlier, not quite spilling his tea, he repressed a weary sigh; it had been a long day, a lot longer than he'd become accustomed to. Maybe he'd go to bed after this, it was still pretty early but he didn't want to overstretch himself.

"Right," Aulus shifted slightly in his seat and nodded to the sextet of pokemon on the battlefield, "whenever you're all ready then I guess."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:30 pm
Stand… or chair.. stand or chair. “I think I’m going to join you in the comforts of the collapsible chair.” Lex trotted over, slipping into the chair he had vacated. “My lot is ready, if you would do the honors and start this battle,” he said and looked about for his cup.

Where had he set that?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:02 pm
Aulus nodded to Lex and then raised his cup at his pokemon. "Go on then Thanatos, your gig."

Thanatos gulped nervously but nodded his understanding. Time to go then.

Rose nodded in turn, sinking down into a ready stance. His body glowed white for a moment and then he extended a palm towards Thanatos, shooting the white glow out towards the water type.

Thantos absorbed the power of Helping Hand and then blasted at Sideways with a powered up Water Pulse.

Puck meanwhile had focused on Grims. The Gastly let out a dark chuckle as the gasses that surrounded her body whipped up chaotically as though torn by a storm before tearing away from her and shooting towards the fire type, draining her health and laying a Curse on Grims.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:32 pm
"So, how guilty are you feeling about this?" Lex asked, motioning to his eye. He found his cup and sipped slowly. He really doubt he would be here, training if Aulus hadn't felt guilty.

Grimlock hunkered down, ears flat against her skull and glared at the Gastly. Annoying but not her target at the moment. She huffed and used Tail Whip.

Sideways hated water, though it didn't stop him from running at them, water pulse or no.

Sunspot launched off the end of Sideways' tail and sent a Thunderwave at Thantos. He wasn't going to get wet. Ugh.

Sideways tumbled in the assault of bubbles and followed up with a Covet at Thantos.  
TawnyAngel generated a random number between 1 and 4 ... 2!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:57 am
[Rolling 1-4, 1 = fully paralysed]

Aulus tensed slightly at the abrupt question, it was unexpected to say the least. Maybe it shouldn't have been, he'd just started assuming that with his blasé attitude Lex wasn't interested in the topic at all. Keeping his eyes trained firmly on the battle Aulus shrugged. "I was responsible for you, at least partially. It's hard not to think about things you could have done differently when things go tits up to that degree." That didn't exactly answer Lex's question of course, the actual answer being 'rather'. He knew it was stupid to feel personally responsible, probably arrogant too, but it was how he felt and he couldn't change that.

Thantos yelped as the electricity coursed through his body and made his muscles seize up. He was too out to breath to cry out again when Sideways struck him but it hurt. He couldn't let it stop him though, Aulus was counting on him! Order given Thanatos grimaced and tried to fire another Water Pulse at Sideways, managing to push through the paralysis to launch the attack.

Rose waited for the blast of disorienting water to end before springing towards the fire type and striking out with Double Kick.

Wheeling in the air to face her new opponent Puck drew together energy and fired at Sunspot with Confuse Ray.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:32 pm
[ Odds, Sunspot fries himself / Evens attack lands on the target]

“Partially, I haven’t seen any of the other higher ups give a damn about what happened to me personally.” Lex toyed with his cup a bit, twirling it about. “But, what if don’t solve anything. Yah, you could have left a poke with mine up there to intercept crazy Dave. We all knew there was a hostile crawling about in the vents and we didn’t take it into account.” He paused, looking up. “Well, I did partial, the other was I don’t like my pokes in their balls unless I need to and Glit and Howl are both big girls and take up a lot of space.”

He sighed and shrugged. “But this, this is just physical. It isn’t the worst thing I’ve had happened to me.” He sipped from his cup, draining the tea. “So, I’m not saying it not your fault or is your fault. I’m just saying I don’t blame you for my eye.” It was gone and he accepted that.

Sunspot landed not on Sideways, like he should but by him. Because the fire type was soaked. He teased, sending out a string of webbing to connect to the Flareon’s tail.

Sideways shook himself, water flying and huffed out, With one opponent potentially out it was time to move on to the ghost menace. He hated water attacks, that hurt. He huffed, inhaling deeply to circulate the fire in his belly as he raced after the ghastly, intent on using fire fang.

Grimlock perked up, launching her own ember attack on the ghost type.

Sunspot used the string like a whip, gliding in the air, dizzy from the confusion but he was going to attempt to use a Thunder wave to bring that ghost down.

Sideways yelped, battered by the Water Pulse, spinning slightly and when Rose brought down his legs for a Double Kick. Sideways bit down with a mouthful of flames, changing targets of his fire fang. At this rate he wasn’t going to get anywhere near Puck.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff