Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Makko Shore Festival Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:45 pm
Aulus stopped quite suddenly and looked down at Aija; his face was flushed with anger and humiliation, his lips pressed together in a thin line and his jaw clenched tightly. Did she have to? Did she really have to? Wasn't it enough for her to succeed, did she have to come and rub his face in his failure to get her kicks?

"Yeah, I guess somebody had already taken all the luck," Aulus replied stiffly, trying very hard to keep his cool because they were in public and he did not want to go off on some long rant and draw attention to them. His hand flexed spasmodically, he wanted something to hit but even if they weren't in public hitting Aija wasn't an option. He wasn't like that, he would not be like that, he couldn't start hitting other people just because he was angry. He wasn't like that.

Suudonym generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 19!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:53 pm
He reeled and reeled and... Whoa, the hook caught! That meant he had something, right?! With an enthusiastic "yeeeaaah!" he jerked and pulled and yanked on the rod until he dragged up... a muddy old tire.

"Whooaa...ohh... Err." Shoyo frowned at the thing. That was kinda... lame. Not cool at all. He could try again, right? He was pretty sure he saw something about that. Well, if he couldn't, someone would probably stop him, so it was worth a shot!

After spending a few minutes freeing his line from the slimy old tire and kicking it out of the way (he didn't think he was supposed to push something like that back into the water), he set up for another throw, no less enthusiastic from his initial failure. "One more time!"

The rod nearly went into the water right after the sinker, but he fortunately managed to recover his grip in time to prevent that.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:54 pm
"Ah, yes," Aija nodded solemnly, folding her hands behind her back. "It is unfortunate, that the luck portions were, erm... unfairly...distripu...distip- unfairly given out." She replied, very serious. Unfortunate for him, maybe, she didn't mind the results, but still! It wasn't cool that this guy didn't get anything. "I think it is way of the ocean! Sometimes you get stuff, sometimes you do not. It is not your fault, it is just that the ocean is a, what is word... b***h."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:02 pm
Aulus glowered suspiciously; the girl didn't seem to be actively gloating per se but he didn't trust her an inch. "Yeah, thanks, I'm pretty familiar with bad luck in its myriad wondrous forms," he replied with a gesture that vaguely encompassed his scarred face and missing arm. "I shouldn't have been surprised really," he said bitterly.

"Saaawk!" Rose called as he trotted over, having given the rod back. Spotting Aulus' expression he glanced over at Aija uncertainly.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:09 pm
As Lex would reel in his second cast, he'd find a Dratini on the end of his line!

On Shoyo's second cast, he'd find a Luvdisc!

(Note: Shaddaling has found the 2nd of three special prizes, congrat's! ^.^)  
Tori Honoo generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 20!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:17 pm
The advertisements, it seemed, had a much further reach than just that of the Kodo area. Word of mouth had a certain potential, and after a few days of planning and compromise, Dove had agreed to meet up with a few of her friends, just for the few days during the Festival.

Upon her arrival, she had not planned to participate in the fishing festivities, but after spending a few hours amongst her friends, decided she would not turn down their challenges, and found herself snatching the rod from one of her teasing mates and making her way to the jetty to line up with the others, spacing herself as best she could figure by looking at the others. With a little help from one of her giggling group, the woman cast her line and waited, shaking her head.

Lovey took up a seat beside her master, glad to see her girl content.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:21 pm
Aija looked at Aulus' face, then at the where his second arm should been, and shrugged. "Eh! Bad luck, it only makes the good things even better, yes? There is English phrase, 'you cannot have a rainbow without rain'. I do not know what it means exactly, but it sounds right," she said, nodding. "See, I bet universe is working all sorts of things out, being all, 'hah! ******** you!' right now, but then one day you will get something really very cool, like unlimited potatoes or a helicopter, or a giant truck, or a fire breathing..." She trailed off. Where was she going with that? Right! Giving good advice to her superior! A happy superior was a good one! "Basically, I mean to say, your good luck will happen someday. Maybe not in form of fish, but something really cool." Eh, she had no idea what this guy liked, so she couldn't really do as great a job of cheering him up, but no time like the present to get to know your literal partners in crime.  
BlackPidgeot generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 16!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:28 pm
And someone else had showed up with Dove. They were traveling together after all, so it was only natural for him to be here.

Next to her sat a young man with long black hair, looking rather laid back and lazily as he casts his line.

Fishing. Sure. Whatever. He can dig this.

A certain Growlithe with a scar on his face sits next to him, absently mouthing a pipe.

It's been awhile since they've been here, but Yuri isn't at all opposed to it. It's kinda nice to be back, really.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:31 pm
This time when he tugged and pulled there was something organic on the end of the line, and not a bundle of seaweed or something either! It was a genuine, bona fide, real life fish!

"Whoa, yeah! I caught one!" Shoyo announced to no one in particular as the Luvdisc flopped around, dangling from the lure. Oh yeah, he supposed he should set it down and take it off the hook, huh? He moved to do so with a satisfied look on his face, kneeling on the ground and carefully freeing the pokemon of the line. But... now that he looked at it, it was kind of frilly, wasn't it? All pink and heart-shaped. He frowned thoughtfully at the water-type. It was cool and all, but it wasn't really his style... Something like this was more suited to a girl.

Oh! He knew a girl, didn't he? "Hey, hey! Pose for a picture for a minute, okay? Here!" Shoyo took his phone from his pocket and activated the camera, taking a shot of the startled and confused Luvdisc to attach to a text message. He addressed the message to Nicolette, typing out a caption for his photo, I caught this heart fish on a fishing rod! it was super cool!!! I don't think I want to train water types but it would be a waste to release it, so do you want it? I can bring it back for you!!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:33 pm
Aulus gave a derisive snort and shook his head. "The world doesn't work like that, equal and opposite reactions doesn't extend to good s**t and bad s**t that happens to you. It's all," he scowled and waved his hand, "it's platitudes, it's s**t people say to make you feel better and it's not real. It doesn't go like that." It wasn't fair, and oh how sick he was of how whiny he sounded even to himself. Just... just calm down.

Aulus closed his eyes, exhaled slowly and patted Rose on the shoulder as the fighting type came up beside him.

Opening his eyes again Aulus gave a little sigh and shook his head. "Still, whatever. If you need any help training that Dratini let me know, training with people is pretty much what I do these days." But that wouldn't be it forever, remember that. They were going to fix him and when they did things would be better, would be easier, and he wouldn't feel so ******** useless anymore.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:34 pm
Upon reeling in her line, Dove would discover a Dratini on the end!

(Note: And that's the end of the Dratinis! HOWEVER! Suu has graciously allowed for the inclusion of new water types to the scale. Thus, now the scale is as follows: 10-19 will get your character a Luvdisc, however, I have picked three new random numbers across the scale 0-25, that will grant different prizes to the first people to get those numbers!)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:34 pm
Something was on his line. Lex set his feet carefully, and started to reel in his catch. Slow, easy and slow to not jerk whatever he had caught free. It broke free and was that a Dratini? Lex looked over the sleek dragon, a remembrance of his long lost Ran and brought out a ball catching it.

Heck yah! Dragon type. “Who is a gorgeous hm.. girl.” He cooed, checking the information on his dex. He was going to have to think of a name. “What do you think of Roulette?” He questioned the pokeball before opening it up.

The Dratini tipped her head, giving a confused noise.

So precious! “Come here,” Lex offered a hand, gently coaxing the dragon type. He would love to wear her like a scarf. It would be win, win, she gets to see all the sights and they would have some bonding time.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:40 pm
Yuri would find a Luvdisc on the end of his line!  
TawnyAngel generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 10!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:41 pm
It was the end of a ten day stint of long shifts and Dith had come straight from work to the festival. He had been planning to kick back, enjoy festivities, find his friends and... he had found fishing, got a rod, cast his first line and sat down. He was now on the point of nodding off, lulled by the sound of the sea and - frankly - so exhausted that he could have slept in the middle of a rave.

Viktor was far more alert; the Espeon sat beside his longtime friend and took careful note of their surroundings, also prepared to wake the huge human up if he looked as though he was actually going to fall into the water.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:47 pm
Dove grinned over at Yuri, smoothing her white sundress with one hand as she loosely held the rod with the other. She tipped her head back to see him better from under her hat, laughing at the continued gentle jeers from the group behind them. She definitely wasn't the fishing type. Still, she couldn't help taunt the man beside her, though her sarcasm would be clear.

"I'll bet my catch is better than--"

A sharp tug on her line made her pause, and she readjusted and tightened her grip, reeling in the catch she was very obviously surprised to have caught. When a dratini broke the surface, her eyes went comically wide and she slowly stood, drawing it in closer to the shore before taking an empty ball from her belt to catch it. Much like Lex's new companion, the dratini put up little fight, and instead regarded her curiously before disappearing into the ball.

Shocked, Dove blinked at the ball in her hand, then turned first to Yuri, then to the group behind her with a triumphant and disbelieving laugh.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff