Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Spare a dime? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tymiko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:30 am
"No need to thank me!" Ty assured him, putting up her palms. "Really! It's thanks enough to get to meet you." She happily watched him finish up the food as she ate her own.

Sitting with her legs criss-crossed like a pretzel, the girl leaned an elbow on one knee and rested her cheek against her fist. She continued to grin as Nord cautiously got ready to release whatever was in his pokeball, knowing she should have been more concerned herself, but too amused to really take any precautionary steps.

The trainer stared as the creature appeared to be familiar, but with irregular coloring. Nord's pointing and exclamations were enough to set her off laughing again despite her efforts to keep it in. She fell backward on the grass, clutching her aching stomach.

"It's - it's an Eevee," she gasped in confirmation, rolling over onto her side. It was a while before she had collected enough breath to speak any more comprehensible words. At last, she could breathe well enough to push herself up with one elbow to face Nord.

"...Team Rocket is known to create pokemon clones," she explained, stifling further snickers. "Kodo is full of them. They've made so many genetically-altered pokemon that you can even find them in the wild of this region, now. I was wondering why they might have given you a pokemon, since they usually steal peoples', but since they can make as many clones as they want, I guess they don't care about giving them away."

She regarded the black and white creature. "It's cute. If they gave it away, though, it probably doesn't know anything. You'll have to train it from scratch, but that might be good because then it'll be better attached to you and more likely to listen."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:37 am
First the Eevee was some sort of black and white monster thing, and then Ty was rolling on the ground, holding her sides as she laughed. Nord felt at first bewildered and hurt, but slowly began to join in with the infectious laughter. It was clear the Eevee wasn't going to hurt them. It sat there, looking just as confused and worried about the two odd humans.

"Clones, huh? So... They made this colored Eevee? I see..." Rubbing his jaw he reached over his hand to it.

"Here, Eevee. Come here."

Sensing no hostility, the Eevee approached and licked his finger tentatively before happily chirping "Eevee!"

"It's cute!"  

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Tymiko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:41 am
"Yeah, I think so," the girl answered regarding clones, watching the pokemon and Nord with a smile as she lay on her side. "Hehe. It likes you! Are you going to name it?" Ty wanted to know.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:51 am
That was right, they did not have names. Nord continued to stroke and pet the eevee. It seemed happy to get such love. "Bill. I will name it Bill. Wait. How do I tell if it's a boy or a girl?"  

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Tymiko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:12 pm
Giggling, Ty brought out her pokedex to analyze the Eevee. "Sometimes the 'Dex can tell you what features a pokemon might have to indicate its gender, like a different-shaped tail or pattern. For Eevees, though, looks like they're pretty much the same. Most are boys, I think, and according to my 'Dex, it says yours is male. And Bill is a great name!"

Smiling, she said, "There's a guy in the Kanto region - the region I'm from - who invented the PC box system where you can store pokemon. Sometimes he gives people an Eevee if they go to visit him, so it's funny you thought of that name, because that's his, too!"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:46 pm
Nord was fairly sure he had a pokedex. Having a tool and knowing how to use it were two very different things. Sliding out the device, he pointed it towards the Eevee and read the scanned information. "I see... Well then Bill will be it's name for sure."

Returning the smile, it appeared he had started to brighten, "That is rather funny. I just like the name Bill. It suits it." Yes, Bill totally suited the fluffy little happy ball of fur. Apparently he wasn't too great with naming creatures either.

"I forgot, most people go out and adventure when you're their age. It's stunning you're here. Kodo is some distance from Kanto."  

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Tymiko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:56 pm
"Suits him," Ty corrected, amused. "You can't call him an 'it' now that you know his gender and you've given him a name. That's just rude."

Obviously flattered by Nord's compliment, the girl shifted and plucked at a few blades of grass absently. "Thanks. Travelling is lots of fun, especially when you can be out on your own and doing whatever you want to do! And all you have to do to support yourself is win pokemon battles because that earns you money."

She sat herself upright again. "Where are you from, Nord?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:03 pm
"Yes, you're right," Nord nodded vigorously, "It suits him."

Money through pokemon battles? He always thought that such a thing was a myth. How could you earn money by battling random strangers? It seemed so weird.

"I imagine... Having that freedom must be very fun," Each word was chosen carefully before plunked down, just as cautiously, "But isn't it a little dangerous for a girl of your age to be... Ah, right. Pokemon."

How in the world he lived in this land populated by powerful creatures, but still couldn't seem to grasp the mechanics of it all, was just one lovely feature of his upbringing. Smiling ruefully at the horizon, Nord snapped from his bitter thoughts and responded, "Kalos. In the capital."  

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Tymiko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:53 pm
Tymiko grinned deviously at Nord. "The danger is what makes it the most fun. Pokemon can be helpful, but you have to know how to work with them as a team or otherwise you might as well be homeless and helpless."

She seemed thoughtful a moment. "I knew a boy who was homeless, actually. In Goldenrod. He didn't keep any pokemon because he didn't trust them. I think he was afraid, but I guess growing up like he did with all the ghost and poison-types in the city, anyone would be wary of them. Still, though, if he'd just made friends with them, I bet his life would have been a lot easier. I know it's difficult when we can't communicate with words, but there are other ways."

Ty sighed softly. "Still...sometimes I wish we could actually talk to them." Noticing Nord's strange expression, she regarded him curiously before registering his answer to her question. "Oh. I've never been there before. Is it different with pokemon there?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:04 pm
"Yes..." Nord paused as he stroked the eevees soft fur. The Pokemon turned his head towards his owner and chirped again. "Speaking with them would be nice... I would like that."

Shaking his head, he explained, "No, trainers still go on adventures at a young age. My father believed it archaic. Though he had a Pokemon and went on his own adventure at a young age, he refused to let me to do so... So I don't know how to raise, battle, or care for Pokemon. Other than what has been shown to me through watching movies and other things." Watching was different than knowing or doing. He felt severely inadequate as he stated at the eevee.  

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Tymiko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:19 pm
"Oh," Ty said, her face falling. "That's not fair. I wonder why he didn't let you." She frowned.

Looking at Bill, the girl brought out another berry and offered it to the pokemon. "Would you like me to show you and Bill here where the nearest Pokemon Center is, or do you already know?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:28 pm
Ears twitching, the Pokemon approached the berry. He had been so engrossed with his owner that he had forgotten that another sat beside him. Sniffing the berry, his tail twitched before declaring, "Vee!" And biting into it. Ah it was good!

Nord watched as the two interacted, focused on the eeevee as he spoke, "If it's not too much of an inconvenience.. I would appreciate it."

For a moment the man hesitated, and then began again, "Ty you must be a good trainer to have reached this point. Could I... Well... Ask you to help me?"  

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Tymiko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:02 am
Ty smiled as the little Eevee accepted the food. She looked up abruptly when Nord began to speak again, her smile widening.

"I don't know about being a 'good trainer'," he giggled, "but I'd love to help you! Just ask, and I'll do the best I can with whatever it is!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:54 pm
Tymiko was quite adorable, Nord decided abruptly. There was something endearing about this girl. Smiling softly, he nodded his thanks, "How do you battle pokemon? Could you teach me...?"

He hesitated before adding again, "Yes... Also where is the training center?" Nord was totally clueless. He felt so out of his element. Being an accountant was a cushy life and now everything was so upside down.  

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Tymiko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:02 pm
"Of course I can teach you! There's not much to teach, though; it's so simple. You and Bill will be pros at it in no time."

Pushing herself up to her feet, the girl dusted her capris off. "Come on! I'll take you guys there right now." She gathered up her things as she spoke, ready and on her feet lickity-split.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff