[FIN] Chemicals Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:05 pm
"Ahhh, now there I can help you," KO said with a little smile, tapping the first structure Tambery had mentioned. "It's a Quinazolinone of some kind, I can't say off the top of my head if I recognise the precise form, but quinazolinones can function as hypnotics or sedatives. Given the effects of Sweet Scent, that makes sense as one of our active agents. Interestingly quinazolinones have been proposed in the treatment of cancers too, so breathing in a bit of sweet scent could be good for you." KO chuckled slightly. "Depending on what else is in it of course."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:15 pm
"Huh... Now that's interesting... It makes sense, though I'm still confused by the other two. A lot of these components, um," She gestured vaguely with both hands "seem to make sense in isolation but then there are just some real oddities... Interesting there though. Maybe, if we dig a little deeper, we could find an actively beneficial medicinal side to this research, you think?"

At least she felt she fully understood why Pyrrole was present. Interesting to see it, and Quinazolinone interact in such a form though. Pokémon were capable of some very odd things...

"What do you make of the Isoquinoline?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:38 pm
"Hummm, now you're testing me," KO said with a little smirk, apparently enjoying this fact. "Alright, Isoquinoline." Pause. "Liquid at room temperature, smells terrible. Hygroscopic, it's a weak base.... Hey, hey!" The little smirk became a little grin. "I am such an idiot, I should have thought of that. Anaesthetic, so again we have our sedative effect potentially.... I wouldn't expect to find all of this together though, not like this."

KO shook his head slightly and gave a little 'tsk!'. "Pokemon, they never cease to amaze and baffle do they? I think we might find more than one interesting new avenue to pursue as a result of this.... If a prestigious Agent such as yourself continues to need a lab assistant who copies her outfits?" He said it with a little smile and hoped that Tambery both took it in good fun and indicated that she might; this was much more interesting than what he'd been doing before, and he happened to like her too. The potential to attach his name to fruitful projects for TR was a bonus too of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:53 pm
"Well... It's almost surprising this just doesn't render things entirely comatose. There must be some regulating agent I haven't spotted..." She frowned, but it was an interested frown, and she'd sounded impressed with the 'well'.

She grinned.
"They certainly seem to, um, have a science all their own most of the time... Flattery? I'm not sure about prestigious... but I'm certainly going to need more help with chemistry projects, if you're alright with that? Organic chemistry is a backbone field in genetics but, um, in a broader sense, I'm pretty sure your input could be invaluable in this. I've read a little bit about 'Synth'... Rather incredible work. Um, I feel like /this/ kind of project isn't too dissimilar? Though, from what I understand, there's a mineral aspect, maybe even basis, to it? Um, well... At least, that's what I sort of gathered from my read through. I was hoping, actually, that I might tap into some of your theories there regarding, um," inorganic wasn't -exactly the right word "the cellular matrix, later on, and the potential benefits and effectiveness in growing the more unusual types to term..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:10 pm
"It's hardly flattery, or at least it's only true flattery," KO replied with another little chuckle and a slight lift of his shoulders. "Everyone in labs knows you're good in your field, and your exploits in the field are nothing to be ignored either. You were one of the senior people on the ground for the recovery of Keldo, and also of Shyamin DNA weren't you? Don't sell yourself short Tambery." He wasn't sure he fancied working as much in the field as she had but that was probably what it took to really make it around here, and he knew for a fact that they didn't seriously consider anyone for so much as Agent unless they'd volunteered for at least one serious mission. Sooner or later he was going to have to stick his neck out and hope it didn't get cut off.

"Humm? But where were we. Oh yes, Synth!" He hadn't been happy about handing that over when he'd arrived but it had been a token of good faith and he liked to believe that it still stood him in good stead. "It's not dissimilar," he agreed with a nod, "and yes it's got a mineral basis. It's a crude but rather effective stimulant essentially, but the way I pieced it together... well it has unfortunate side effects. Still, with the resources and facilities here I'm sure that could be ironed out and the principles could potentially be used to create a more effective growth medium for mineral based pokemon." With this said KO looked around himself briefly, shook his head, and gave Tam another of his little quirked smiled. "I can tell you, this beats working in a warehouse out of bathtubs.

"As for not rendering things comatose though I think that perhaps the concentration of the active compounds is so weak that the effect is small, or it could be that they're not very volatile in this attack.... I'd like to take a look at the chemical makeup of Spore and Sleep Powder with that in mind. Are they related?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:33 pm
She honestly hadn't really considered her mission history; she just did what she did for her work. The more resources and genetic material the team acquired, the more she got to work with... The missions facilitated such, and had the added bonus that she often got to go and support those she considered her friends, as much as other teammates. When you 'belonged' to the team as members did, for life, quite literally, she felt that it was important to 'have each other's backs' where possible. Especially after certain mission experiences.

"Hm. Thank you." She didn't confirm she had been, but it sounded like he'd read up on missions.
"Ah, good! Um, not about the side effects, but I mean, you know... That it's, um, rather as I was speculating..." She had to give a genuine laugh at 'warehouse full of bathtubs'; amazing, she'd have found the sentence disturbing once upon a time...
"Oh, I, um, imagine it is... I can't say I've ever had that particular pleasure though. I did have to use some really old equipment for a personal project as a grunt though... Um, I have a Ponyta from that project, but in one of the initial tests some of our samples were spontaneously combusting quite vigorously and violently... I'm rather glad that's no longer an issue." If only because she was reasonably sure such old model equipment /might/ have been low grade enough to have been destroyed with the old base...

"Ah. Yes. Well, we can look at those two too." Tambrey replied, indicating the pad. "Um. Pages two after next in the slideshow, I think... Separate page each... I remember looking at Sleep Powder earlier; I saw a curious similarity to some Tetrodotoxin components, but obviously nowhere /near/ as potently dangerous..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:48 pm
"Spontaneous combustion is only funny when it happens to somebody else's project," KO said with a grin. "This one time my partner and I were down in the labs working late and something went up with one of my superior's experiments. I can't even remember what he was working on, the point was that it was on fire and in putting it out my partner managed to take down half the lab! Not the bit we were working in though. We left in a hurry after that and in the morning we had to pretend we hadn't been there when it happened! We'd have got the blame of course even though it wasn't our fault. I could almost feel him shaking next to me in line trying not to laugh as we all got grilled, we...." Although KO was still smiling when he trailed off the expression was a little strained. "Oh, but I'm not here to gossip about past conflagrations am I?" he concluded with perhaps unnecessary brightness.

Without further ado KO lent over the pad again. "Tetrodotoxin? Must be rather less dangerous, yes! Uh, shall we compare the three when we've looked a bit more at what we're doing now?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:04 pm
Tambrey raised her eyebrows as KO related what, she assumed, could only be a story from his Galactic days... As he talked about something being on fire, and him and his partner might have gotten the blame, she couldn't help but have one thought that she voiced.
"Sounds like something Star would do..." She meant blaming someone else for an experiment failure. Sharing a room with him had not really been a lot of fun most of the time though it was fun to look back on sometimes...

She caught the... change, and the 'brightness'. Interesting. Probably something she shouldn't pry about...

"Mhm. Ah, yes. Best start, um, picking out what we want to try to assemble from this configuration? Then we can move on to what we want to add from the others..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:08 pm
KO cleared his throat slightly and nodded. "Agreed. So, about the Quinazolinone...."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff