Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] The start of a bromance(Lex is totallymakingthisadate) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:28 pm
There were sometimes moments when he wished he could stop thinking...but the thought of loosing control of his motor skills and thought processes was also a very intimidating thought. Becoming inebriated might work for some people, but he doubted that he'd enjoy it at all.

"Nn...I left the base about a week ago." He said indignantly, "I went out into the forest to collect spores to feed to my plants." He didn't know what leaving the base had to do with how he interacted with people. He interacted with people more when he was inside the base than when he was outside of it. "Ah...no, that's alright." He said, holding up his hands in a defensive gesture. "I'd be more than happy to accompany you and watch the procedure but I will not be partaking." The very thought made him nervous...but yet also made him a tad bit excited.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:08 pm
insidiousEnigma

"You feed your plants spores?" Lex questioned, confused as he opened the door to the car and slide in, checking all the mirrors carefully. He made sure it was unlocked and sifted the seat farther back. "That seems... weird."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:41 pm
As Zacharie finished buckling up and situating his bag on the floor between his feet, he shot Lex a confused look. "Is it?" He asked, his head cocked slightly. "I inject and fuse the spores into certain compounds and give them to some of my plants to see the results...I don't think that's particularly weird." He shrugged lightly as he settled back in his seat.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:47 pm
"More that spores are the reproduction parts of certain plants that you are compounding into stuff to give to your plants. Sort of like feeding chickens eggs from hummingbirds or something like that," Lex mused and hummed slightly. "Not quite cannibalism, but unexpected from the stand point that plants tend to seem gentle."

"Or If that makes sense?" He shrugged turning the ignition, tossed the car into reverse and leaned back to pull out car out, around, and out of the base. "What sort of plants do you grow? I just realized I never asked."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:56 pm
"Well...yeah." The grunt said slowly. "I feed them spores to see any alterations to their appearance or chemical makeup when they bloom." He explained, watching the scenery go by as Lex drove. "It's a more complicated way of going about it but I've been curious about the effects it might have." He picked idly at a loose thread on his sweater.

Oh...now Lex had done it.

"I grow all sorts." He quipped with a smile. "I'm particularly interested in trying to grow a Corpse Flower and Middlemist Reds at the moment but their seeds are particularly hard to get a hold of." He sighed rather wistfully just thinking about being able to grow them himself. "But right now I'm mostly just focusing on plants that I use in medicines. Foxglove, Opium Poppy, Belladonna, Pacific Yew, and curare. I used to have much, much more but between leaving home and the base being blown up...I've lost quite a bit of my seeds."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:48 pm
"The corpse flower is one of the rather smelly flower isn't it? Doesn't bloom for long either, I think." He did file it away. Flower seeds for Zacharie. Check.

"And poisonous, well rather sure three out of those five are poisonous." He admitted, thinking about it. "I'm sorry to hear that Zach, its hard to start anew but I'm sure you will have an even better garden then you did when you get going."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:18 pm
"It's said to smell like rotting corpses." The teen said excitedly, practically bouncing in his seat. "You're correct though, it doesn't bloom for long and it's said to be difficult to grow...but the challenge would be fun." He hummed, propping his feet up on the dashboard. "But yes, a lot of my plants are poisonous but you can still use parts of them for medicine." He explained lightly as he reached out to fiddle with the A.C. "It's a hassle to start over...but it's also nice to start from scratch."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:57 pm
"New beginnings bring a fresh view amidst the hassle of breaking new ground," Lex said as he drove, attempting to be seemed as sagely. "Foxglove is used in heart medicines and Opium is painkillers... what is the rest of them used for?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:22 pm
"...You certainly know more about plants than most people." Zacharie said slowly, peeking at the blond from the corner of his eye. "Belladonna has atropine which dilates the eye, Pacific Yew has paclitaxel which has been known to help fight cancer, and Curare has tubocurarine," His tone grew a bit more lively, as if excited to be talking about the chemical. "It can paralyze muscles without stopping the heart. It's normally used for poisoned darts...but you can use it for surgeries as well."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:10 pm
"Ooh, for a few month I really was into Wicca, one of my trying to find myself phases through religion. Wicca has a lot of tincture, potions, and much of it is made from plants," he admitted as they drove and nodded, listening.

"Poison darts hmm?" Lex said, imagingy a person in surgical scrubs wielding a blow dart to track down patients.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:45 pm
"Ah, I see." Zacharie nodded intently. "I briefly looked into Wiccan beliefs when I was younger but it wasn't anything that I could see myself being a part of." He highly doubted he'd ever be into something religious but he wasn't one to say never. "Do you still practice?" He asked curiously.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:08 pm
"Mmhm, I was curious, some of it was interesting. I still do a few things, like toss away your troubles because it is just therapeutic to sit somewhere high and toss beans or seeds into water or earth while calling out a problem you are letting go." Lex hummed slightly, thinking.

"Not true Wiccan, I mostly worship luck and chance. I do keep with the cleaning rituals for my fortune telling material."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:44 pm
"Ah, that sounds like a good practice." Zacharie didn't really understand how tossing things into water could be therapeutic...but everyone handled stressors differently. He was the type of person to unwind by working in gardens or figuring out difficult chemical formulas and apparently Lex was the type of person to unwind by tossing beans or seeds into water. "I didn't know that you did fortune telling." He cocked his head slightly. "Do you do it as a hobby?"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:09 pm
"Mostly it helps because you have to admit it out loud you have or had that problem. And sometimes it just helps to fling s**t," Lex grinned brightly and chuckled. "Mmhm, I-ching coin telling or tarot card, oracle cards. More Coins then cards, because they are a lot easier to clean as needed."

"And most of the time people have three similar coin in their pocket, works better if one of them is their lucky coin, would be best if all three was," he mused. "Partly hobby, and partly how I made money."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:31 pm
Shaddaling
This is getting pretty old...would you like to continue this or end it soon? We could start something else if you'd like?

"You certainly have a varied skill set." Zacharie said, tone tinted with intrigue. Though he supposed that happened when you went out into the world to live on your own. He couldn't imagine what it would take to do that. While his home life wasn't what most people would call pleasant, he at least had the money to pursue his interests without any worry. "Perhaps one day you could...read my cards. Or whatever the term is."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff