Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
FIN [PRP] What's the hurry? (Somehow Jerome and Mau) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:00 pm
Jerome knew they had other bases in other regions, from his understanding they weren't as large as the HQ in Kodo, though he wouldn't even know how to begin comparing them, seeing as he's never left the island.
"Been around with em for a while?" Jerome asked. He sounded like the kind of Agent they kept busy.

Shaking his head "Naw, we're usually out." Jerome confirmed, "usually on t'road really."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:21 pm
"Mmmh, I suppose I've been working here about 15 years, give or take." He answered honestly. "Things only really got exciting when I was transferred here though." He gave a short bark of laughter. Exciting indeed! Where else but Kodo would a scientist be allowed out of the labs on missions?

"Usually out, hm? Well, as long as you're not bored." Honestly, if someone was bored ... 'at the office' then they must be doing something wrong! He checked his watch. Hm. They should probably be on the road soon. He wouldn't want Jerome to get in trouble. ... Come to think of it, Mau wasn't even sure who was in charge of what on the base anymore.

As their waitress was passing, Mau stopped her and asked for the check. "Suppose we'd best be going as soon as you've finished. Of course Bro could probably take his on the road. No sense in chugging it, right?"  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:07 am
Jerome's head bobbed lightly in understanding, "S'a long time." He admitted,
From the looks of the man's age, it certainly wasn't a lifetime for the other Rocket, but it was still quite a long time to be in this life... then again any amount of time in this life had come to the point where it felt like too long the the ex-gangster.
"How old r'ya?"

At being mentioned, Bro glanced up, his already empty beer bottle still being held over his head, upside down as if to try and get the last drop of liquid out.
upon glancing at the ghost, Jerome just gave a grin, and returned his attention back onto Mau
"S'cool" he muttered, reaching his beer up to offer it to the Gengar, who upon noticing it, beamed delightedly and grabbed it from the gangster.
"Yeah, S'go."

Bro threw a grateful arm around Jerome's shoulders as the man stood up, tilting the bottle up into his mouth.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:28 am
Mau laughed. "Bet you wouldn't believe me if I said I was 34." He knew he couldn't get away with that forever. And when he smiled, he was showing a few crows feet. He, at least, thought he was aging well. Mau couldn't help but smile at Bro and how happy he seemed with the beer. He paid the check when it came, and followed Jerome out to the waiting car. Mau didn't have much with him. A bag slung over his shoulder and another suitcase he carried. When they were outside, Mau answered honestly. "I'm a lot older then most of us. Or at least I was. Maybe that's changed. I'm 45 now. Groudon's balls I'm old!" Ugh, he couldn't believe he was actually that old already.

"And yourself? You seem more mature then a lot of other I've met. Perhaps a little more worn too." But that could just be from being a rocket. It wasn't an easy life.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:57 pm
Jerome gave a shrug as he stood, waiting for the other man before making his way with him toward the exit of the building. "D'kno man, Think ya could be 34, Just depends what s**t ya been through yea?"

The agent pulled out the keys to the car, unlocking the doors so that Mau could get into the passenger side. While Bro- having little regard for much chucked the bottle he had been carrying as far as he could into the parking lot, grinning at the shattering of glass before he zipped through the vehicle doors and into the back seat.

Jerome let a snort of a laugh at Mau's assessment of him, though bobbed his head in reply. "S'one way t'put it."
Jerome knew he wore the weight of his life on his features, there was a certain weariness to his eyes, despite a very calm and relaxed demeanor.
"Jus' hit 31." Jerome said, giving a thoughtful look for a moment as a hand reached up to brush over the shaved side of his head, it still felt so odd to him saying that.
Glancing over at Mau as he started the vehicle.
"what? ya feel ol'?" He chuckled.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:50 pm
Mau tossed his bags in the car and watched as Bro chucked the bottle. He couldn't help but smirk. Something about the ghost... he liked it. Mau flopped into the car and relaxed, throwing his hands behind his head as he stared off at the roof of the car for a moment. "Man, I was about your age when I ... er... joined." he let out a soft snort.

"Eh, I guess sometimes I feel old. Specially when all you lilipups are so much younger then me." He teased. "Why, back in my day, kidnapping scientists was all the rage. Now? Who even does that anymore?"  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:55 pm
"N's**t." Jerome said, pulling out of the parking spot, pausing to cast a quick glance at Mau when the man told him that he was his age when he joined Team Rocket.
It surprised Jerome, to be honest, someone Mau's age just getting into a criminal organization, everyone Jerome's known so far as much younger when they joined.
"What ya join up with em for?" He asked curiously "Get n't some s**t?"

Jerome let out a light snort in amusement "D'no man, F'ya count that Galactic Boss a Scientist, we're still doin' it."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:03 pm
"I was bored that day." Mau said offhandedly. "You know. It was either go do something interesting with Team Rocket, or sit in jail for the next 30 years. Seeing as I had nothing else to lose, I chose this life." He thought about it for a moment. He guessed he did get caught up in some s**t. He didn't really regret joining Team Rocket. In fact, odd as it may seem, he almost enjoyed it. The research he'd been able to do... no university would have let him do the same studies. It just came with some suicidal side effects like exploding hedgehogs and jeeps landing on you. Small price to pay, right?

But at the mention of a galactic -anything,- Mau's knuckles went white. Part of him wanted to snap that they were hardly human. But he did know better... Even if he still blamed them for... He shook the thought away. "I don't count that. That's a prisoner."  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:25 pm
"Hn-" Jerome grunted thickly, "woulda made th'same call."
Jail wasn't something that would ever be an option for Jerome, and he could imagine anyone else would choose it either. "30 years man? What ya rob a bank r'somethin'?"

It wasn't hard to miss the mild silence that followed the mention of Team Galactic, and a brief glance toward the older man told Jerome that Mau had some pretty strong feelings about their rival team.
It wasn't surprising of course, Jerome knew a lot of Rockets who felt the same way, or worse even.
Jerome's expression grew a little more distant, as he stared at the road ahead, allowing one hand to fall off the wheel and into his lap.
"Long term now too," He added  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:47 pm
"I think the court called it pre-meditated murder, and tacked on some evasion charges for the 2 years before I was arrested." He wasn't sure why he was telling this to Jerome. Ah well. No reason not to.

Mau's eyes narrowed slightly, and the usual warmth he held vanished. "The galactic scum can rot in our cells. Bala'a il a'air... kalet" He murmured.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:55 pm
Jerome grunted again, a little surprised to hear murder come up, an eyebrow arching as he glanced over to the man once again, he didn't seem the kind to commit murder, but then again, Jerome didn't know anything about this man.
Either way, Jerome didn't seem to be alarmed by the idea, or scared. Just a bob of his head "Man, y'kinda lucky ya woulda only got 30 years f'that."

A moment of confused silence passed, his brow furrowing lightly as he tried to make out that last thing that Mau had said. "... What?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:00 pm
"I guess." 30 years still sounded like a long time, and who knows? He may have had other things tacked on on top of that still. He hadn't hung around long enough to find out, and that was fine.

At the sound of Jerome's confusion, Mau looked back up. "... Er." He wasn't prone to swearing around people normally, though something told Mau that Jerome would appreciate the insult and told him what it meant. "That prisoner of ours is a c**k sucking, low life-street b*****d. That's all."  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 pm
"Life time with Team Rocket sounds better than any time n'prison though."
There wasn't any denying that, though for Jerome jail could be as much as a death sentence than anything, depending on what prison he went to. Not with the associations he had grown up with.

The gangster let out a snort of amusement when Mau translated the insult. It sounded familiar, though the older man couldn't help but think of how many times he had been called low life street trash, and even more just how true it rang to him.
"m'ganna guess yer pretty happy t'hear bout Galactics bein' over with."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:29 am
"Ecstatic." Came Mau's dry reply. He rubbed the side of his face for a moment but then let it drop. Team Galactic was gone, and hopefully for good.

"I wonder how many look at it that way. Team Rocket is a lifetime commitment." Of course that didn't mean much. "I think I'll consider myself lucky if one day I can retire from field work and just cloister myself in the labs." If he lived long enough to retire.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:52 pm
Jerome shrugged his shoulder lightly, in an honest response to Mau's question, "Ain't thought bout' that m'self." He admitted "Figure w'all jus' gonna die b'fo too long. Ain't sure wot I would do w'th m'self f'I lived that long."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff