Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:22 pm
"Mhm. It gets to feel a bit like that. The ones around here though, admittedly underpowered, are usually pretty nice though. I mean, I think you met Asgard? Aulus' Lugia. He's pretty sweet natured really."

Tambrey considered the prospect, but nodded happily even as she tried to think her way through the subject.
"Well, there's... uh, a lot of stuff, but... Botany right? A lot of what I do covers plants and plant types and various genes and hormones and whatnot... Uh. That sounds good... Do you know how photosynthesis works? I mean... at a molecular level? That'd be a good first thing, maybe... Or, with Leafeon... Maybe respiration. How much do you know about that?"

Treestar smiled a goofy smile at Lu as he found him watching him and waved his leaf; he liked this big human.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:57 pm
"Asgard? I haven't... I'm not sure Aulus, um, I don't think he'd like me. I went to one of his classes once. He seems like he uh... I don't know. He was good at karate?" Aulus was intimidating and Lu felt like walking up to him and asking to meet his pokemon might be a bit of a bad decision. He didn't know Aulus though, maybe he'd like being asked about his pokemon... so maybe Lu would try that. Someday.

"Photosynthesis? Er, well, I think I have the basics down, but on a molecular level... it's, um...I know the formula for it," he'd gone over it only about a million times when he'd entered the botany department, "But I think I probably should learn about it more. I think I know less about respiration than photosynthesis, but um, still have the basics of it?" And if Tambrey was willing to teach him, he'd be happy to feel like he was in a science class again; only it wasn't exactly high school.

Lu blinked at Treestart's little motion, and laughed a little, giving him a wave back. He liked this leafy pokemon. "I think I might have to visit just to see him. Um- if that's okay. He's, uh, he seems really sweet."  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:21 pm
"Oh, he's not so bad. I think I remember seeing you at a class... He is very good at karate, and training pokémon. Most people think he doesn't like them, but he's just... Well, honestly I don't think it's truly that he doesn't like you. I think there are few people he actually really doesn't like..." Tambrey mused on her partner; he was 'prickly' sure, but that always seemed kind of deliberate...
"Anyway. Photosynthesis. Formula is good. All really boils down to the second part and the mitochondria and protons though. That's where the most interesting bit of the formula comes in. ATP is converted from the protons, and that's the end product... Respiration's a little simpler but it gets some surprising little factors in it when you look at it closely; 's really neat. Uh. Anyway, brought that up because, y'know, that's what a Leafeon's doing, basically, when it, uh, 'purifies the air'." She grinned. "It's really neat."

"Oh. And, sure. He'd eat up the attention, mind. He is pretty sweet, but he's also a very clingy thing when he thinks he's going to get a lot of petting, or treats."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:43 pm
"Ah, really..? W-well... I might try to take another of his classes. I'm just afraid I'm not any good at karate, at all. Kind of embarrassing to attempt it," especially when there were so many people around that were already good at it.

Lu listened to Tambrey's talk on photosynthesis and respiration, nodding every now and then. He'd definitely had to pick up a book on it, and maybe something on Leafeons as well. He was sure his own Leafeon wouldn't mind him learning more, she'd probably think he was reading a book just about her. "That doesn't seem, um, too hard to remember... m-maybe we could have a, um, a study session, sometime? Maybe in the library, or, er..."

Was he about to do what he was afraid he was about to do?

Um.

"Or, uh, if you'd like, maybe we could go on a date, somewhere..?"

Lu felt approximately the same amount of panic you might feel when you were about to be hit by a speeding truck. "I-I mean, of course, we could study too. A-about photosynthesis and Leafeons?" Ah, that backpedaling didn't come out as well as he'd have liked; Lu really did not like himself for blurting out that question. He couldn't even look at Treestar now.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:55 pm
"Well that's what the classes are for." Tambrey smiled "He doesn't mind how good or bad you are as long as you want to learn and pay attention, honestly."

She half-turned to quickly key something into her work station before she forgot it, nodding happily as she heard Lu comment that things didn't seem too hard to remember. She'd had a suspicion that, when it came to plant-related stuff, Lu would have an easier time remembering things.

What he asked in the midst of things got a bit of a frozen, deer-in-the-headlights response from Tambrey in the immediate term... She stopped tapping the keys, fingers hovering over them for a moment before she pushed herself slowly back around, mind working to try and process, and formulate, a response even as Lu was adding to his question.
Well.
This was awkward.

Treestar yawned and squeaked; more humans to go on dates! Good! Tambrey, Rory, and Lu would probably have a great date! The grass type was oblivious to the concept of monogamy.

"Umm..." Tambrey frowned a little, but tried to look sympathetic rather than anything else... It was Lu after all... "I don't, uh, think Rory would be very pleased with us going on a date, though that was very sweet of you to ask..."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:56 pm
Oh.

Oh.

Oh god. How could he be that stupid? He'd asked something like that and he didn't even know if Tambrey was with someone! And she was! Lu felt the blood drain from his face.... but then it returned and he was was as red-faced as could be. He didn't dare look at Tambrey and instead looked at the ceiling, then the floor, and then at basically anything that wasn't Tambrey.

God he was stupid.

"O-oh- I um- I didn't know you were- uh- sorry! I'll um, I-I should, uh..." Lu started walking towards the door, fiddling with his fingers anxiously. "I should g- ow!" And he managed to smack his forehead on the door frame as he made his exit. He covered what would surely become a bruise and ducked out of the room. "S-sorry!" He said as he left, with all courage and dignity left behind in a smoldering pile.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:06 pm
"Oh, it's, um. It's alright; it was quite flattering?" Tambrey tried, feeling awkward but rather sorry for Lu who seemed to have rapidly turned from a sheet into a tomato and was... flailing? in retreat? Well, not literally, perhaps, but the word came to mind anyway...

Oof, he'd bumped his head...
"Oh, are you al-" Well, okay he could retreat pretty fast... "..right?"

Tambrey blinked, looked at Treestar, who looked at the door, very confused; humans were strange...

"It's probably not a great idea to go after him after that, right?" Tambrey asked the plant-mon, who yawned and settled back down, before looking back to the doorway worriedly.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:11 pm
As soon as Lu was outside, he took his hand off his forehead, leaned against the wall and... then put his hand back on his forehead and shook his head. Darn it. Darn it a lot! Why did he have to go and be so stupid? Of all the things he could have said, he had to make a very awkward situation out of nothing.

Lu felt like he should probably hurry back to his own labs now, not that there was any pressing issue that needed him, but instead he took a few steps away from the door and took a second to breathe. He was sure Tambrey wouldn't want to talk to him anymore. Like, ever. "I'm a complete idiot..." he groused to himself and gave himself a moment to reflect upon his own stupidity.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers