[PRP] And a Happy New Yarn Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:32 am
"Nope. I'm from over seas. I guess sometimes in the winter it can get kind of cold at night. But the sand usually stays warm, so it's never that bad. Give me sun and heat any day though." She wrapped her fingers around her cup again and smiled.

"Hm... I might be good at something. It sure isn't pokemon training. I feel like I'm letting them all down by being their trainer. I don't think I'm getting any stronger. I've been here a month now and... I ... Well I just don't think I'm getting any better at handling my pokemon, and I worry they aren't getting stronger. And of course now I have Santa and Betty to worry about too. I've never seen ice types before! What do I even do with them?" She wasn't... really asking Lu. It just sort of came out that way. "Ah, sorry. Um... I'm pretty ok at singing I guess. And I can braid hair." She laughed, watching him braid his own hair. "That's something good with my hands!"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:50 am
"I don't think I could survive that," Lu admitted sheepishly, "I can hardly handle the summer here, I just like it to be cool. The snow is nice, it gives me a good reason to knit hats. Knit hats in summer are a really, really bad idea..." Which was something he'd learned in 7th grade after insisting he could wear sweaters and scarves in summer and be okay. One case of heat stroke later, he was barred from wearing his winter clothes until winter came.

Lu blinked and listened to her, fiddling with the end of his braid then getting another sip of his drink. He wasn't the best at comforting people... "W-well, um... I think it takes a really long time to get better. I've had some of my pokemon for a year now and they're mostly just friends... um, I guess, you just have to be persistent..?" Hell, the only reason he bothered trying to train his pokemon was to keep the higher ups happy in Rocket. He had no idea what kind of advice to give to someone about pokemon training.

"Singing? See, uh, I can't really sing at all, so that's impressive," he said; he didn't even like raising his voice. When she said braiding Lu laughed and pulled a tie from around his wrist to finish his braid. "Braiding is a good thing to know. I think I'd probably end up eating my hair half the time if I didn't know how to braid..."  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:59 am
Citrine chuckled. "Yeah that's a bad idea. Well, you can wear light colored caps, if the fabric breaths. That helps keep the sun off your head and will help keep you a little less hot. Man, I didn't even own a coat before I came to Kodo." She took a long drink of her cider, contemplating.

"I'm sure it does take a while. I've had Nornsteen for 5 years now. I think she's maybe getting a bit stronger. But I think I need to get stronger to. Yeah, it isn't fair if they're doing all the work, right? Hey, what sort of pokemon do you have? I've been so thrilled to see all the different types of pokemon in Kodo! Ah~ I want a fairy pokemon some day." She said wistfully. "There are pokemon that can sing. I've heard things like a chatot can even mimic voices. So I bet you could sing too if you tried." She gave him a youthfully optimistic smile.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:23 pm
"I think maybe I'll try to stay somewhere it doesn't get too hot," he said lightheartedly; but no, he'd never move somewhere known for heat. Lu would rather turn into an ice pop before he moved somewhere hot, and melted.

Lu gave a soft smile and patted his pocket where his pokeballs were kept, "I've had my first pokemon for 8 years, and we still don't battle a lot. She's a lot stronger than when we first met, though... I think it's hard to see the progress you've made, when you look at it yourself," he said, then slipped out a pokeball. He made sure no one was walking by and would be tripped by the sudden appearance of a pokeball, and let out a small, very mellow Leafeon, who immediately plopped down on the floor. He had to lean down and pluck her up, setting her in his lap, to get her out of the way.

"I don't have a lot, um... I'd like to get more grass types. This one is my calmest, her name is Mint Tea. Minty," he said, still amused by his obviously clever name. "Though, I think she'd get offended if you tried to get me to sing, it'd upset her napping." Minty leaned up and nuzzled under Lu's chin, as if agreeing: Yes, now stop talking so I can nap some more.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:46 pm
Citrine's face fell into a wide 'o' when Lu brought out a pokeball. She was expecting maybe he'd tell her about what pokemon he had... not show her! She busted out her pokedex so fast she almost knocked over her drink, but she saved it. With a quick scan of the grass type, she was smiling and reading about it. "She's gorgeous! Hello Minty, it's nice to meet you." She loved the delicate green color of the leafeon and was just grinning so much as she looked at her.

"Well, I guess if it would offend your pokemon... I'll just have to invite you out to sing where you won't disturb them." She winked playfully. "Grass types are beautiful. I don't have any, and I worry I would be even worse with them then I am with who I have. I've been doing ok with my normal type pokemon. And surprisingly, I can handle my ghosts... kind of. Still a few problems." She glanced away nervously. She would never let Marion out in a place like this. "Oh! But I have a pontya who I can tell is at least getting more used to how I do things. Not sure if that means she's stronger or not." She tapped her chin. Who did she have with her today? She'd left Taboo behind... OH! Citrine fished out a pokeball and, after a couple passed the table, she released her new friend, a Delibird. "This is Santa!" She picked him up. The bird looked around, then looked at Minty before fishing a chesto berry out of it's bag-like tail and offered it to the other pokemon.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:07 pm
Lu blinked, a little surprised but not put off by the girl's enthusiasm. Ah, to be young again... wait, he wasn't that old; still. He didn't get very excited over a lot of things(except a certain cartoon show and generally, plants). Minty didn't mind the attention, and in fact it could be said she basked in it. She let out a dainty yawn and sat quietly in Lu's lap, chin on the coffee table. "Thank you. She's pretty much just a lap-pokemon, honestly..." Minty let out a tiny huff at that.

Lu laughed, "I don't know about that... even if I went somewhere else, I think whoever I was around would be disturbed," he joked, though he was a bit serious. He didn't like to sing unless he was alone, and even then... "I'm not much of a trainer, but maybe people at the trainer centre could help you... I mean, I am a trainer, b-but probably not one you'd want to ask for advice." Lu tilted his head slightly when she let out her own pokemon, then smiled at the Delibird as it offered Minty a berry. Minty was slow to stand back up, stretch, and the sniff at the berry. After deciding it must be okay, she took it with her mouth... and dropped it in Lu's lap, returning to her earlier position. "Oh, you brat..." He scolded lightly, picking up the berry but not quite what sure to do with it. "It's nice to meet you, Santa. Thank you for the berry, we appreciate it." He said, leaning down a bit so he was closer to the Delibird's level.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:13 pm
"There are lots of kinds of pokemon trainers, I know." She smiled at him still. "My mother was a contest trainer when she was younger. But I-" She paused and hugged Santa. "I don't know exactly what I'm going to be yet. But I'll be great at it when I figure it out! I've spent a lot of time at the trainer center since I got to Kodo." After all, she was sort of maybe kind of living there at the moment.

She was about to say something more when Santa reached into his tail-bag again and pulled out a sandwich. "Eeeee! Santa! Where did that come from?" She pinched her nose. "Don't try and give him that." She took the sandwich in 2 fingers and flung it towards the nearest trashcan. Most of it made it in.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:04 pm
"There are a lot of options," Lu nodded; all the options there were had made it hard for him to ever decide what he wanted to do. Now he was happy where he was heading with Botany, even if it would be ages before anything came of it. "I, uh, I didn't really figure out what I would go into until recently... so, there's no rush, or anything."

Lu blinked at the sudden appearance of the sandwich. That... was not something he wanted to keep. He laughed quietly about it, hand in front of his mouth, "He seems like a hoarder. A generous one, though."  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:18 pm
Citrine was wiping her hand on a napkin after touching that really gross sandwich. "He ... does try to make sure everyone has food. I guess. But he's sweet. It really fits his name, don't you think? Santa, giving gifts to everyone." She smiled, and satisfied her hand was... clean-ish.

"Oh? What do you do, Mr. Lu? If you don't mind my asking."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:27 pm
Lu nodded, snorting a quiet laugh. Well, if the name fits... "I can imagine he'd look nice in a santa hat. Er, made to size, of course."

Oh. Whoops. Right- what did he do? That specifically left out the involvement with Rocket? Lu scolded himself for not coming up with a lie before he left. "Oh, uh... I work with plants. I like medicine, so I um, r-research plants and grass type pokemon. To hopefully make new and better medicine," he laugh, hoping he sounded more convincing than he felt. It wasn't a complete lie, that was what he planned on doing once he got far enough along in his department.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:33 pm
"Oh!" She smiled. "That sounds like good work! So like herbal medicine? Or something like that." She really didn't know a lot about plants and grass types. "That sounds like it will be very rewarding. I hop you stick with it and do great things!" Sure he sounded a little hesitant, but he did say he only just figured out what he wanted to do. It was probably overwhelming and involved a LOT of school. Blech.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:43 pm
"Well, kind of... it's, um, more botany than herbal medicine. Think of it like, how tomatoes were genetically modified to be stronger against the cold and disease. It's like that, but instead of modifying plants, it's um... making medicine using attributes in plants," he said, leaving out the part about using grass types' genetics; that might come off sounding shady.

Glancing at a clock on the wall, Lu blinked and took a long sip of his drink. "I think I should be heading off though, uh... when I get time off, it's nice to study so I can keep up with my peers," Lu gathered up his scarf and hat, and Minty scrambled up to his shoulders, stretching across them like a second scarf. Lu gave her a look like, 'really?', but she gave him no mind. "It was nice to meet you though, um... maybe I'll see you around?"  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:06 pm
Citrine tried to understand what he was talking about. It sounded complicated, but also sounded really neat! She was about to say so when Lu stood. "Oh? You're already... going?" She was a little sad about that as the man started collecting his things. "Well... it was a pleasure meeting you... OH! Uh, if it's not weird, do you want to trade numbers? You know, if you wanted to..."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:09 am
Lu blinked, reaching up and petting his Leafeon scarf's tail, "O-oh, um... I don't actually have a phone." He admitted, looking down. "But, when I'm in town I usually stop by the craft stores for... knitting things. So if you're ever there, maybe we'll run into each other?"  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:15 am
Citrine looked a little crestfallen. "Oh." She sighed. Santa looked up at his trainer, then reached into his tail again and pulled out some paper.

"Bird?" Citrine looked at the paper.

"OH! Of course!" She took the paper and fished a pen from her own bag and wrote down her number. "If you know you're going to be in town... and want to hang out or train or something... I'll pay you back for the cider too." She offered the paper to him.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff