Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
Suggestion Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:58 pm
I think that Teachers should have a room so that students can come to them to ask questions unless their rooms are where students can come to but I find that a bit.....too personal.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:08 pm
Perhaps there should be an area where you could list the Pokemon moves.....I know that would be time consuming but it is just a thought....

Maybe an Event topic in case you peeps decide to host events like a Talent Show, Sport games (Battling, Ping Pong, Soccer...), Races, etc.
Another good Topic would be for the club rooms whenever they are created.
Also, just so it might be easier for the crew members, VP and Captain. Why not create a Battle Arena topic so that all battles occur there.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:16 pm
Hope the kind
Perhaps there should be an area where you could list the Pokemon moves.....I know that would be time consuming but it is just a thought....

Maybe an Event topic in case you peeps decide to host events like a Talent Show, Sport games (Battling, Ping Pong, Soccer...), Races, etc.
Another good Topic would be for the club rooms whenever they are created.
Also, just so it might be easier for the crew members, VP and Captain. Why not create a Battle Arena topic so that all battles occur there.

A) well you can just look at Bulbapedia for a list of the moves as well there apperance, power, and quality in terms of style and appeal. it would be more effective than having us look for all the moves in the pokemon world. I mean the TM (even without the HMs) are over 100.

b) If and when we do events, the topics or locations will be specified. No point of making them now.

c) the club rooms will be created when we introduce clubs to be the guild and we have the first of them ready

d) we'll do that when once we have battles going on.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Each teacher should have a few moves that they help the students teach their pokemon in class.

For instance, oudoor teacher could be secret power ave natural gift

Contest could be flash and attract

Battle could be hidden power

And so on...

Because right now the pokemon don't have the move polls to practice things like battles and contests  

Xaven the Raven

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:21 am
This is an idea :3
I know that we can't get experience from fighting Wild Pokemon so instead of Exp what about money?
If money does become a thing in the Guild the students can earn money through completed assignments, wild Pokemon encounters, club activities etc.
The same could be said for Exp too but that is solely based on your discretion.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:31 am
Hitsukei

I apologize for not answering this sooner. I agree that polls can be helpful and a good way to let people express their opinions. However, this suggestion box is already doing a good job in letting the members have a voice. Also, when dealing with polls then usually involve change and this guild is still too new for any big changes to happen. So unfortunately I will have to say no to this suggestion, but I have come up with some things that should still satisfy everyone:

1) The crew will create polls when we will feel they are necessary. These polls will be a "one-time-only" type of polls with the intention to hear the member's opinions.
2) Regular members cannot create polls, but you may use your character profile to make a poll. Simply inform people via the OOC if you wish to hear their opinions or get their votes. These polls must be character related and they cannot be about making changes in the guild.

Thank you for your suggestion 3nodding

murruelecreuset

Everyone in the crew liked this idea very much ^^ we will be creating hallway topics 3nodding thank you for your suggestion!

Hope the kind

This is regarding your teacher office idea: The crew thought that this was a great idea and we had thought about this in the past so we will definitely be creating some topics for teacher offices. We will likely be creating a forum just for them so that we don't overcrowd any other forum. Thank you for your suggestion ^^

This is regarding your money idea: Getting money from wild pokemon encounters would be a bad idea. Not only would it not make sense (why are pokemon dropping money?), but it can easily be misused. We are currently working on a money system as we do have plans to include money for purchasing items as well as other things. This will also allow for students to have jobs in the future (much later future). So unfortunately I will have to say no to your suggestion. However, please look forward to the time when this money system is created ^^

Xaven the Raven

Your suggestion is very interesting and I have to say that I like the idea about letting students learn moves that are related to a class. However, this is something that will require careful planning so the crew and I will working on something 3nodding

thank you for your suggestion ^^  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:26 pm
Wouldn't a Home Economics class or something similar be a good idea?
The purpose of the academies is to prepare students for the outside world and making a monthly budget, learning to cook your own meals even just the basics and live on more than ramen, fix your clothes if they rip, learning about credit cards and bank accounts,what living on your own is going to take, especially with pokemon to care for and feed, how payment plans for future education work ect are things every functioning adult will need to live in the world, and something that the survivors from the missing children era would have been sorely missing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:48 pm
Students should be able to level their pokemon off of wild pokemon. To keep this from being abused there could be some simple rules.

Must be comparable to a capture attempt in length and quality.

The wild pokemon cannot be more than 2-5 levels above or below the student's pokemon.

Only 125xp is given per battle

And if this is still too easy to abuse, set a limit on the number of battles that can be attempted a day without having to have a rest day for the pokemon to recuperate.  

Xaven the Raven

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:55 pm
Xaven the Raven
Students should be able to level their pokemon off of wild pokemon. To keep this from being abused there could be some simple rules.

Must be comparable to a capture attempt in length and quality.

The wild pokemon cannot be more than 2-5 levels above or below the student's pokemon.

Only 125xp is given per battle

And if this is still too easy to abuse, set a limit on the number of battles that can be attempted a day without having to have a rest day for the pokemon to recuperate.

Personally even I have thought about things and wish we could get experience from wild pokemon. Makes running into them a tad more interesting. Though considering if you lose a battle against another person you get 125EXP I was thinking half of that being around 60EXP. Whether that would be overkill in EXP I'm not sure. Though that's just my thoughts on it since I thought I'd share my opinion on it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:21 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

This is a very good idea. Outdoor Class was meant to show students how to survive in the wild, but we never did consider teaching them about cooking or money saving. At the moment it is perhaps too late to add a brand new class, but we can edit Outdoor class to teach students how to cook and maybe save up. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm willing to make this work, but at the moment we do not have an Outdoor teacher so it does make things a bit difficult at the moment.

murruelecreuset
Xaven the Raven

Unfortunately I will have to say no to this idea. The reason why I made gaining EXP be through pokemon battles between players was to promote player interaction as well as to stop any kind of EXP abuse by other players.

Even if we do place restrictions then there would be too many to make it enjoyable for everyone. Wild pokemon battles are meant to be free battles where you can pretty much battle as you please with the wild pokemon to encounter. You can take him out in one move (if you're not catching the pokemon), do some crazy extravagant attack, or simply run away from them. However, none of these actions will provide you EXP.

This is one of the subjects that I will not budge on. If you wish to gain EXP from battles then you must battle another player (no NPC) and follow the battle rules 3nodding  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sun Hou Yi

Greedy Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:17 am
Rule #6 it states moves with 100% accuracy will always hit. Does this refer to aerial ace where it has no accuracy or moves with an actual 100%.
Rule #9 When pokemon of different levels battle their levels are averaged. This promotes no merit for leveling up your pokemon whatsoever. I think a flat rule should be agreed upon before battle and not be forced.
Rule #10 A Pokemon of speed boosting nature goes first. I feel this does not make sense because this implies a timid Nosepass would outspeed even a Lax Jolteon. This makes no sense both in and out of game.
Also on a side note why the weight limit. Is it because of the size of the school restricting it? Imo it's unneeded but I can see why it's needed if given valid reasons.

My suggestions are to
A. Further specify what you mean in the ruling on 100% accuracy moves.
B. Apply an optional flat rule
C. Have it worked out so speed natures make more sense.
This is a bad post and doesn't make sense even to me. Will edit throughout the day to clean it up.
D. Explain the weight limit?
(P.S. you have two rule #9 under battles)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:19 pm
Sun Hou Yi
Rule #6 it states moves with 100% accuracy will always hit. Does this refer to aerial ace where it has no accuracy or moves with an actual 100%.
Rule #9 When pokemon of different levels battle their levels are averaged. This promotes no merit for leveling up your pokemon whatsoever. I think a flat rule should be agreed upon before battle and not be forced.
Rule #10 A Pokemon of speed boosting nature goes first. I feel this does not make sense because this implies a timid Nosepass would outspeed even a Lax Jolteon. This makes no sense both in and out of game.
Also on a side note why the weight limit. Is it because of the size of the school restricting it? Imo it's unneeded but I can see why it's needed if given valid reasons.

My suggestions are to
A. Further specify what you mean in the ruling on 100% accuracy moves.
B. Apply an optional flat rule
C. Have it worked out so speed natures make more sense.
This is a bad post and doesn't make sense even to me. Will edit throughout the day to clean it up.
D. Explain the weight limit?
(P.S. you have two rule #9 under battles)

1) I did not think there would be confusion with this, but I will edit the rules to explain further in case others have similar question. The accuracy is meant to only apply to moves that have an accuracy. This means that moves like Ariel Ace or Faint Attack, which have no accuracy because the description of the attack is that they will always hit, do not apply to the dice rolling system.

2) In competitive Pokemon levels only affect a couple of things: evolution, learning moves, and power of certain moves (ex: Seismic Toss). When you play with someone online or enter a tournament, pokemon levels are reset to 50 to make things fair. This means that the battle is not a battle over who has more levels than the other (thus winning with ease), but instead makes the battle be based on luck and skill. This is how I want the battles in the guild to be as well. Therefore, the rule regarding level average will remain, but don't worry, I do have plans for seniority having a part in battles. Since everyone at the moment is in their first year then there is no upperclassmen so everyone is more or less in the same level.

3) We wanted to give the speed natures some more relevance since we normally dice roll to decide who goes first in battle. Also due to the battle system, speed does not play that big of a part in battles. So this was our way to fix that. Therefore, yes a Jolly nature Nosepass would go first against a modest Jolteon. But this only affects which pokemon starts the battle and beyond that nothing more.

4) The weight limit was done so that a student would not come in with a Rhyhorn or an Onix as their starter pokemon. Remember that they are supposed to be young children that are learning about pokemon and having big pokemon like that would be tough to handle.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:35 pm
I had an interesting idea for an event/thing that could happen down the line or whatever

Maybe the school assigns the students like, a sort of secret pen pal that they email or physically write stuff to.
Then sometime down the line, maybe the end of the year or even spanning through a couple years at the academy, they find out who this student is?

Any thoughts?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:49 pm
I saw the new rules and the part for confused status caught my attention.
why not make it "even" means they are clear, "odd" means they damage themselves.
it's more evil to have 50:50 chance than the current 50% chance. ninja  

amarzyciel

Merry Traveler

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:57 pm
DJ Double B

I like this idea 3nodding it would work perfectly for a future plot. We will keep this idea stored, but for this first year it is very unlikely that a pen pal would be assigned to students.

amarzyciel

There is no difference between what you suggest and what is currently already in the rules. Therefore I must decline this suggestion.  
Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff