Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:14 pm
Lural
"That's why I'm doing it," Dith agreed with a smile and a small nod. "I want to keep safe the people I care about, and those I don't know come to that. And you're welcome," another nod, "I'm glad I was here to run into you again, and I would be pleased to train with you. Let's see though I have uh.... two Espeon, a Liepard, a Haunter - my father's really - and a Blastoise. Most of them I have got over the last four years or so, but Victor has been with me since I was little. What about you?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:29 pm
TawnyAngel

So others felt the way she did. Citrine was feeling better and better about this decision. Sure she was scared, but she would be strong, for her friends.

"I have a gengar- I hatched her as a gastly when I was just starting out. Then my pidgeot, and I have a banette and a spiritomb, Applejack there." She nodded towards her ponyta. "And a porygon. Oh wait, I also caught a delibird, but I don't have any TMs to teach him any moves for a fight, and I caught a swinub! But I've never been around ice types before."  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:21 pm
Lural

Dith nodded along with Citrine's team roster enthusiastically. "Good, good! A nice mix. I'm afraid I cannot help at all really with the ice type training, but there are always helpful people at the trainer centers! I guess it depends on what you want." Dith's brows knits as he thought. "Like... are you looking for attack? Defense? Support? I don't know what moves those pokemon can learn I'm afraid, but I have learned the hard way that it's good to have one with you who can defend well." He smiled then and gestured at his face once more. "Learn from others rather than the hard way, eh? If you have one who can learn barrier, or protect, or something like that it is never a waste of time." He would rather like to still have two eyes.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:38 pm
TawnyAngel

She wasn't sure it was so great a mix. 3 ghosts, 2 normals, and a fire, plus 2 ice types she didn't know WHAT to do with. She wondered if any of her pokemon could learn those moves. Citrine slowly got up and brushed herself off. "I... I had been focusing on attack." She thought that's what it meant to be strong, but she'd lost against Rosie AND Ion with that approach. "Maybe that isn't the way to go about training though." She looked at Applejack. They had been working on agility and speed just now. Maybe... Maybe the ponyta could be her quick pokemon? And if she remembered right, didn't mamoswine have ok defense? Maybe Betty could learn protect. Plus having not so overwhelming ghost types might make it better for her? Or worse. She was getting to know them pretty well.

"I've been training at the trainer center pretty much since I came back to Kodo." She admitted. "But a controlled environment isn't..." she gestured vaguely. "...Ya know? Sometimes there need to be more unpredictable elements. ...Like random pokemon spooking yer horse."  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:29 pm
Lural

"Ehehe, quite," Dith smiled and nodded sympathetically. "That's why I'm out here as well to be honest, to train in real terrain. And... well I guess a balance is good to have, right? Also if you can get a pokemon that can learn a healing move like heal pulse? Great in any battle where you have more than one pokemon out." He didn't add that, if Team Rocket were involved, everyone would most certainly be using more than one pokemon and quite possibly all their pokemon at once. "I'm trying to work on my team's teamwork too, so that they can learn to combine their skills well without me explicitly telling them what to do." Just in case he was not in a position to do so.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:38 pm
TawnyAngel

"I'm still trying to get all my pokemon to listen to me." She should have Marion out, she knew that. But the Banette was such a trouble maker! Citrine smiled a little at that. The naughty Banette didn't mean any harm though. At least, she didn't think the ghost meant any harm. "I'm not sure if anyone can learn healing moves. I try to keep a good stock of potions though." Well, Bingo probably could learn roost, but that wouldn't help his team.

"I never thought about them needing to work together on their own." she admitted. She'd only done the one on one battles with Ion and Rosie. Well... She'd battled all those icky ghost bugs at the park years ago with that polite girl with the black hair... She wondered how that girl was doing now. She picked a pokeball from her belt and looked at it. "You ever have a pokemon go against your orders?"  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:55 am
Lural
@_@ So sorry for the huge delay!

Dith guffawed and nodded. "Ooooh, you'd better believe I have! Zla, he is a Haunter and technically he's my father's but I'm borrowing him. My father caught him when he was probably not much older than you are, he's known me all my life and I'm afraid despite my best efforts he still thinks of me as a kid a lot of the time so if he disagrees with something I tell him, well, I have little chance of him listening to me! I can't really see it changing either, he's very set in his ways." Zla always acted in what he believed was his best interest but that didn't mean he appreciated being ignored, especially in a tense situation.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:15 pm
TawnyAngel
derpderp

Citrine smiled at that. She was so glad she wasn't the only one with that problem! "My Banette doesn't listen to me. I caught Marion as a banette, but she's such a sass-back, it's frustrating." She sighed but smiled at Dith. "So Zla thinks of you as a kid, probably? Sometimes I think Nornsteen thinks of me as her mom." What a strange relationship. She glanced over to where her ponyta and Dith's rapidash were, and smiled. Applejack was nibbling away at some grass, and didn't seem standoff-ish with the other horse anymore.

"I wish she'd listen to me as well as Applejack or Nornsteen. I really want to make friends with Marion, but I don't know... Some Ghosts I guess are just... like that...?"  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:23 pm
Dith laughed and shrugged. "Da, I think some pokemon in general are just like that. Willful! Just like people really I suppose. Teazer used to be so - my Liepard - but she's better behaved these days mostly. Mostly. She still gets distracted by shiny things, or pokemon she's attracted to. I'm still working on integrating my Blastoise into the team too, she's very willing but we're new to each other still so sometimes we miscommunicate but," he shrugged, "where would we be without anything to work on eh? Bored, I think."

With Citrine's grazes treated Dith pulled off his gloves and wrapped them up in a plastic bag, which he then put into a little pot inside the first aid kit. "All done! Do you maybe fancy a ride together now?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:51 pm
TawnyAngel
Finally a tag again

"I think that would be fun." She smiled wider. "A ride with a friend... Yeah. Let's do that!" She patted herself down, making sure her clothes weren't ripped in embarrassing places, and ensuring she still had her pokeballs and backpack. "Might as well get some fun in for the rest of the day. You've given me a lot to think about, and I'm going to have to do, ugh, homework on my pokemon to see how I can better balance them."  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:02 am
Dith gave a bass chuckle and shook his head. "Ah, homework! Never the most fun but worth doing in the end usually. Usually. My memories of school are a little hazy but I am sure half of what I did was utter crap.... But then, communism," he shrugged, "what're you going to do?" Attempt to brainwash the masses for a start, which started with teaching the kids about their great and glorious nation and so on and so on.

"Still," Dith straightened up with a slight 'oof', stretched, and concluded; "shall we catch our steeds then?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:05 pm
Citrine shrugged. "I take classes online. It's still a bunch of crap, but it's better. There are only 5 of us in this online group and one teacher, so we can all get one on one time with him. I haven't been to a public school since I was 6 or 7 or something." She stretched a little then looked over towards their pokemon. "Applejack is actually pretty good at being recalled. Watch this!" she put her fingers to her mouth and whistled. The horse looked up at her and flicked an ear then went back to eating grass. Citrine facepalmed. "Applejack!"

The distressed noise her trainer made made the horse snort and roll her eyes before sauntering over to her.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:21 pm
"Heh, that sounds pretty good, I was in public school and then on campus university for a bajillion years.... Though the university bit was good." Ah, the life of a med student; drinking far more than was good for you and taking medication not quite as directed to compensate. Good times. "Seems like she's got the idea!" he added with a nod as Applejack drifted over.

Seen as the other equine was on the move Dolly lifted her huge head and plodded after the smaller fire type towards the pair of humans.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:00 pm
"I would have liked going to public school. It'd be easier to make friends. But it wasn't really..." She made a vague gesture and accidentally tapped her ponyta on the nose, which made the horse shove her face into Citrine's shoulder. "Sorry love." She rubbed the pokemon's snout a little and gave her hat a flick. When her hat was touched, Applejack moved to present her side to her human, and Citrine hopped up and half threw herself on the horse and climbed up. She rode bareback.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:05 pm
Wasn't really?... An unfinished sentence unless you counted a vague accidental nose-whacking gesture, and he didn't. Perhaps a question for another time? Dith moved around beside Dolly and heaved himself up into the saddle, it really was a good thing she was such a giant otherwise she would probably have staggered in protest at his weight.

"Well then, would you like to pick our direction?" Dith asked, turning back to Citrine with a smile.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff