Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:20 pm
Nicolette fell silent and took to clasping and unclasping her hands anxiously; her lips kept parting to try and say something, anything, but each attempt ended with her just closing her mouth again. His shouting and gesticulating was upsetting and she didn't like it one bit - she never liked it when anyone yelled or seemed angry - and she really didn't know what to do or what to say either to make it stop or to make the situation better. The only thing she could do was stand there anxiously as tears began to well up and fall down her cheeks, and attempt to stammer out something. "I-I don't -- but, it -- I..." She sucked in a quivering breath before she blurted out the only complete phrase she could think of: "I'm sorry."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:00 pm
He was fully prepared to keep going, but then something happened to stop him, hands still in the air.
Now the girl was crying.. Why was she crying? He didn't /do/ crying people... How were you supposed to react to a crying person?
"Wh-why are you blubb'rin'? Stop that..." He requested, warily.

And then he blinked, seemingly realising something, and stepped back a little more: the trainer of the gigantic crocodile-monster was crying.
If that thing had loyalty at all, it probably wasn't going to be happy its trainer was crying.
"Hey, lass, I'm sorry... Stop cryin' though, yeah? Look, I'm bleedin' sorry, okay. Apology accepted 'ere. 'S just your Fogglydile gave 's a bit of a shock, see?"

Clerval blinked and scowled. He even rolled his eyes. Turn on the water works and humans just went weird. Everytime. Even his trainer, apparently. He twitched his tail with some irritation.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:48 pm
If Natacha was upset that her trainer was crying, she gave absolutely no indication whatsoever. Pascal, on the other hand, appeared to puff up a bit, but otherwise didn't do much.

"I'm sorry," she said again through her tears, then reached both hands up to scrub them over her eyes, as if doing so would cause her crying to cease. It didn't. She didn't like it when people yelled or were angry, she hated crying, and all of those at once just served to make her feel awful; her small hands lowered to continue their perpetual clasping. "I'm sorry she startled you, and I-I'm sorry we've bothered you, I... I'm sorry," she said again, then suddenly, "oh!" The girl turned and rummaged briefly through her Rapidash's saddlebag before she pulled out a small box and opened it to reveal a variety of pastries. She held the box out for him to see, tears still sliding down her cheeks as she explained, "I made these earlier - cupcakes and poffins and biscuits - would-- please, take some -- i-if you want to."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:55 pm
What was happening? What was she doing now? She was crying and apologizing and it all felt very, very awkward. And if she /kept/ crying, people were going to look... Well, not like they /weren't/ looking after the giant grumperdile had scared the pants off him... Still, he wished she wasn't crying.

And... now there was... cake.
So she was crying, because he'd yelled (he supposed, or she was upset about her monster eating a fish..) and now she was offering cakes.

"Er. So if I take one o' these, y'r gonna stop blubberin'?" He narrowed his eyes. She did have a big monster, and she was offering cakes to someone who had made her cry but she didn't /seem/ crazy or vengeful... still... "Ain't bloody poisoned 'r somethin' are they?" Could she be that prepared? To carry poisoned cakes around in case someone upset her? He'd heard of weirder things...  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:06 pm
Mention of her crying immediately made her feel self-conscious, and she renewed her efforts to rub at her eyes to cease her tears. It still didn't work. His next words stunned her into a momentarily silence before she could think of a proper response to his first question. "Poisoned?!" She could barely speak the word, and she looked aghast at even the thought of such a thing; indeed, if she had slowed her crying even a little, his question only undid her efforts to stop. "What, w-why would I... Why would [i[anyone--" She stopped herself, unsure if she could - or wanted to - continue the thought, and instead she sucked in a quavering breath as she snapped the lid shut and hugged the box to her chest in one fluid motion.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:06 am
Well this was going absolutely terribly.
He'd just wanted to come and fish; he'd finally gotten rid of that awful headache, and he just wanted to spend some time, happily fishing...
But not this girl and her monster had shown up, and what had happened had likely chased any fish out of this spot anyway, and now she was crying /and/ he'd upset her further my accusing her of maybe trying to poison him...
This wasn't going well at all.
He didn't /feel/ like he /should/ be feeling like this was his fault, either, and yet he slightly /did/ feel like it was his fault; he certainly didn't like that.

He raised his hands in a submissive, palm-facing-out, gesture.
"Whoa, okay. So you ain't a bloody poisoner; 's good. 'M glad. Sorry, an' sorry 've upset you..." He cast a glance at the big, toothy, water type. "Look, she's a lovely beast; absolutely beautiful for sure, but she is a predator and she scared th' pants offa me, and freakin' scared away all the bloody fish... So it ain't like I got reason to stay right now. So, uh... I'm jus' gonna be movin' off down the way and find m'self a new spot. You should... You should just stop bloody cryin', and keep an' eye on y'r Bitergator."

He moved to recall Clerval, and then start gathering up his rod and gear where he'd dropped, and scattered, some of it.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:57 pm
She and her pokemon had startled him, and now he was apologizing - this wasn't at all how she'd imagined her day would go, not one bit, and the thought upset her further. Crying in front of others had always been something she'd disliked severely, so she made an effort once again to try and stop; this time she managed to succeed a little. "I'm sorry," she repeated, then again, "I'm sorry, I... I didn't mean for her to frighten you - or anyone - and I'm sorry for interrupting you..." ..should she offer him cupcakes again? He didn't react well the first time she'd offered, and so it seemed silly to offer a second time when he clearly hadn't been even remotely interested the first time. She sucked in a breath and held it, willing herself to calm down more, then gestured to her pokemon to begin heading in the other direction. "I'm sorry again," the girl said in a small voice, "we won't bother you again."

Natacha still remained completely unfazed by her trainer's tears, but responded to Nicolette's request by pushing herself up to stand on her hind legs and effectively tower over both of the humans, then plodded away with the girl's other pokemon, her thick tail dragging along the boards of the pier.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:13 am
Clancy flinched, a little- though he'd completely deny any accusation of the fact should it ever come- when Natacha rose up on her hind legs.
Still, he couldn't help but admire a water beast like that, even if it was absolutely monstrous; well, especially if it was so monstrous.

"Ye didn't... frighten me; just, y'know, startled me. Anyway, 'pology accepted." He gave a nod, watching to make sure they were going before, moving back to gather up his things.
"Bloody waste 'f a day fishin'..." He muttered to himself, and then blinked at movement inside his keep-net. Something had gone and swam in there on its own, while the water around seemed still and empty since Natacha's entrance..
"Well... Maybe not an entire waste..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:57 am
If Clancy checked his keep-net more closely, he would find a Goldeen with shredded tail fins inside it, looking quite stunned and possibly in shock.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:42 pm
... Oh.
He was wrong about it being eaten... But it had clearly been attacked and, at least, nearly eaten.

Clancy cast a quick look to see where Nicolette had gotten to, as he made a decision; he doubted, if the fish was in shock, that the Goldeen would survive- it certainly didn't look well.
Well, a pokémon so damaged would likely not be good for his team even if it did survive..
He could allow Mircalla to have it, he decided; she often worked hard and didn't get to hunt. Besides, he wasn't fishing this spot anymore.
He let the Carvanha out and turned his back for a moment, letting her do what came naturally, while he gathered up his stuff.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out