Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Oh how I miss TekTek. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iPoopMAGIC

Anxious Bunny

16,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:02 am
I've done quite a bit of experimenting on the new Avatar Builder. Yeah the items update with the marketplace and the items finally layer according to Gaia but what really just bothers me is there's no separation by colour. That would make everything so much easier!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:50 am
iPoopMAGIC
I've done quite a bit of experimenting on the new Avatar Builder. Yeah the items update with the marketplace and the items finally layer according to Gaia but what really just bothers me is there's no separation by colour. That would make everything so much easier!

Oh gosh I know, right? I just think so many things were great with Tektek.
That you could search by colour and tags. Like if you wanted items that was tagged "princess" you just wrote it and they showed you a list, and from there you could search by colour. Tektek was a great side, just sad that Gaia and Tekton didn´t try to solve the problem, tho :/  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

guns and wings

Bloodthirsty Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:09 am
Hopefully they update the avatar builder to have more features similar to Tektek, it was much easier to search and find items on Tektek compare to the avatar builder/MP on here. Then there are some extremely annoying bugs with the builder, like my one astra item just stays floating on the avi and won't go away, and then for some reasons when I click on an item to equip, it won't always do so? It'll show me it on the avi, but if I try to add another item, it disappears.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:28 am
guns and wings
Hopefully they update the avatar builder to have more features similar to Tektek, it was much easier to search and find items on Tektek compare to the avatar builder/MP on here. Then there are some extremely annoying bugs with the builder, like my one astra item just stays floating on the avi and won't go away, and then for some reasons when I click on an item to equip, it won't always do so? It'll show me it on the avi, but if I try to add another item, it disappears.

We can only hope and bring them feedback on how we would like the avatar builder to be. Because as it is now I feel like it's rather confusing to get an understanding of. I mean Tektek was somewhat easy to get into. But the only thing we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best, but with how Gaia is running things recently I somewhat have my doubts :/
I would much rather be pleasantly surprised than horribly disappointed, so I put my standards rather low.  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

guns and wings

Bloodthirsty Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:30 am
Madeleine Heilburg
guns and wings

We can only hope and bring them feedback on how we would like the avatar builder to be. Because as it is now I feel like it's rather confusing to get an understanding of. I mean Tektek was somewhat easy to get into. But the only thing we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best, but with how Gaia is running things recently I somewhat have my doubts :/
I would much rather be pleasantly surprised than horribly disappointed, so I put my standards rather low.

I'm a bit more leaning that they will end up doing this one thing right considering they know people relied so heavily on Tektek for many years, and it was sorta because of them that it's gone. Tektek was more user friendly compare to their builder, though. I was hoping they would just make something similar to Tektek, just with correct layering, to be honest.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:03 am
also i hate how if you save an image from avatar builder it saves all six images of different views. i just one the one front image not all of them. I dont like that with the avatar builder.  

Spiderliciously

Friendly Giver

28,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Party Animal 100

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:20 pm
Excelscia
also i hate how if you save an image from avatar builder it saves all six images of different views. i just one the one front image not all of them. I dont like that with the avatar builder.

God grief. You should be able to at least have the option of what version you'd like to save. I really hope they learn from what Tekton did with Tektek, because it was amazing. I could spend hours in there just making avatars.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:30 pm
Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but I can't figure out how to look at the premium items. Like the gold shop items? How do you do it? emotion_0A0  

MissLivingDeadGirl

Spiritual Lionheart

9,600 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tipsy 100

MissLivingDeadGirl

Spiritual Lionheart

9,600 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:11 pm
I'm back on this post because I'm so frustrated. Lol. I'm trying to make a Kiki's Delivery Service avatar but I can't find any reasonably priced hair or a nice dress. It's impossible to find what I'm looking for. crying

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:01 pm
I've been gone for a couple years and am now out of the loop. What happened to Tek Tek? o_o  

Chiru-pon

Chiru-pon

Tricky Bunny

14,965 Points
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:10 am
Chiru-pon
I've been gone for a couple years and am now out of the loop. What happened to Tek Tek? o_o

Tek Tek was closed down after Tekton advertised for a competing side to Gaia on it. Instead of just taking the advertisement down. He instead decided on closing down TekTek. I believe it´s something along those lines.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:11 am
Madeleine Heilburg
Chiru-pon

Tek Tek was closed down after Tekton advertised for a competing side to Gaia on it. Instead of just taking the advertisement down. He instead decided on closing down TekTek. I believe it´s something along those lines.

o_o Is it wrong to advertise a different site? That seems strange.  

Chiru-pon

Chiru-pon

Tricky Bunny

14,965 Points
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:18 am
Chiru-pon

Well put it like this. If you were Gaia and gave permission for Tekton to use your stuff on a site he made for people who use Gaia, and potentially new Gaia users, would you allow a person to post advertisements for a competing site to yours, that could end up taking your subscribers from a side where your stuff is being displayed?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:51 am
User Image
Bleh I cant remember the name of the item I'm looking for. I only want it for one pose basically. Hoping someone can help mrgreen

Description - Halloweeny type item, the pose I want is the eyes. There Orange and one pose is just the orange eyes with LOTS of black round them, the other post is the orange eyes with the black kinda ripped through it in a line. Its really annoying me because if it was tektek I woulda found it by now gonk

So please help!
~Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece~User Image

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:28 pm
ancantsia

User Image Kimmy! You're back? =D Sadly, I have no idea on what item you are looking for. I'm not familiar with most items in here xP

Anyway, I kind of missed Tektek as well (TAT) I gave up trying to use the avatar builder. It just wouldn't allow my avatar to "get nekkid" completely since my astras are liked glued on for life (OAO) I don't want to go through the hassle of having to de-equip my astras through the dress-up (avatar customization) first just to ease myself to use the avatar builder next.

I would like the option of building a fresh avatar. Not having to use our own avatar or ghost someone else's. Kind of what we had in Tektek where most Tektek contests used.

However, I like how the builder displays different views of our avatar. But since there are some who prefers differently, Gaia should make it an option. Insert a spoiler button or something so whoever wants to see them can just hit the said button and those who do not can just ignore it xD User Image

☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff