Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support
Military Advice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cosmirage

Powerful Master

14,590 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Building the Army 50
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:58 pm
I'm new here and I received this notice, it's not easy, I'm not a military, but my father is a retired military and he served in the ARMY long time ago, I had an uncle who w as a military too, some of my cousins, friends and even two of my neighbors are retired and active military.

One of the most important things is keep your loved ones in your heart, Have some of the best photos them with you. That reminds me when dad was writing letters in paper and ink and taking photos of him and his friends in the base and on duty.At this time, I still have all the photos and letters as an important part of my family history.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:42 pm
When you get angry, just take a moment to breath, deep breaths and then get back in there.  

Cat and Fox

Senzamore

Divine Hellraiser

17,075 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:16 pm
I don't have any experience with stuff like this whatsoever. Except for my best friend who left just last year, she joined the airforce. But, I know for a fact that we'll miss you here,(even though I'm not very active on the guild) I would like to participate more but i have to say, I'm a complete noob when it comes to guilds. So i pray for your safety and pry you come back safe a sound, unscathed and unharmed. Good luck out there, *salutes and bows* and thank you. emotion_brofist  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:45 pm
take a few momentos with you just incase you get homesick thank you for surving for our country my heart goes out to you and all others serving thank you and god bless  

david007 the legend

Noble Raider

8,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

LadyWolf3395

Angelic Gatekeeper

8,100 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:24 pm
I have diabetes and I wanted to serve in the medical field of the Army. Thank you for your service. Keep your head high and try to be positive and don't be afraid you lean on your fellow people.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:43 pm
Never forget who you are smile  

MrEung

Friendly Friend

Hellwan

Dangerous Lover

11,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:47 pm
XSK Ambrosia
As I sent in the announcement, I am leaving for service in the U.S. Air Force as a Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice. What type of advice would you give me?

You will have good days and bad days. But always keep your chin up and try to stay positive throughout any adversity you may face.

You forever will be our awesome guild captain, who kept us going even in your absence.
Sad to see you go, but do well, go hard and hope to see you return someday.

GOODLUCK!!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:20 am
Thank you for your service.
There has already been great advice so I am not sure what I can add.

~
When you get a moment, remember to enjoy life.
Keep in contact with family and friends especially when you are back. You do not have to tell your stories and have no regrets of what was done. Just remember that you are loved and cared for and if you feel your experience changed you in a way you did not expect...just remember the people in your life still cherish you for who you are ... continue to be in their lives.

I send hugs, best wishes.
And to end with a fancy quote "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!"

Thank you again for all that you have done and all that you will do.

lLady lHawk

Shadowy Seeker

Zilead

Dangerous Gatekeeper

14,315 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:36 am
Never really posted in this guild but Good Luck for the future and stay safe biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:38 am
I've heard Aircraft Repairmen steal tools from one another here & there. Try not to get out of hand with it.  

Almighty_Deus

Unstoppable Believer

15,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Master Converter 500
  • Invisibility 100

Virtualspud

Aged Fatcat

10,575 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:49 am
Thank you for your service. My advice would be to remember the serenity prayer when things get rough:

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference."

I am not a religious person, but I am spiritual. Keep safe.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:57 am
XSK Ambrosia

First off, Hi!
I myself am not in the Military, but my mom is, and she's told me many stories.

My advice would be to stay cheerful, people are going to yell at you, bad things are going to happen sometimes, but a smile goes a long way in bad or tough situations. Just don't smile too much, people might think you're crazy sweatdrop

Make friends~! Socialize! Laugh! This is a chance to meet people you never would have met otherwise, enjoy the experience! Learn about them, get to know about the way other people live outside of the Military, because in the Military everyone lives almost exactly the same way. Depending where you are, of course. Like living in base or out of base.
So enjoy the memories of a life outside of the one you'll be living, it'll make being homesick less noticeable at times.

And lastly.

Stay safe. This is your life you're signing over when you join the Military, no matter what job you take on. Take pride in what you're doing, but stay safe, stay yourself.
Death isn't the only reason we lose loved ones.

--Sebby  

Femurie

Wily Faun

14,825 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100

Kasai_Haigara

Devoted Guildsman

11,025 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:26 am
XSK Ambrosia
As I sent in the announcement, I am leaving for service in the U.S. Air Force as a Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice. What type of advice would you give me?

I was in the Navy as a Machines Mate, all around mechanic basically. Since I know nothing of the Air Force and hos that will go all I can say is just do your best man. It usually sorts itself out. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:42 am
XSK Ambrosia

Ok, my advice is this, if you end up overseas, remember it is not where you are from, don't expect things to be the same or work the same although military personal end up having it easier in that case.
second, learn your new address, and the addresses of your friends, if you end up with a long distance between you and your friends, it's a easy way to communicate, plus its fun getting mail.
Third, stock up on things you like, like books or snacks because they might not be readily available where you are going.  

Onifae

Trash Ship

26,340 Points
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Dragon Master 50

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:18 am
GodDon
I've heard Aircraft Repairmen steal tools from one another here & there. Try not to get out of hand with it.

Hahaha I've heard the same thing and I find this extremely hilarious! rofl  
City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces