[WP08] (Roses in Bloom, Half Truth) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:34 pm
“I don’t know if she meant it, but it was rather unkind of her.” Turning from the owlcat and her path, Roses in Bloom gave Half Truth what may have been her shyest of smiles. It was hard for her to admit her sorrow. Truly, she was a kin devoted to making others happy. Her lovers, her children… if Rose could take any of herself to make others joyous, she would. This vulnerability frightened her. And yet, in a way, it was very freeing. Perhaps it was how well spoken Half Truth was… or perhaps it was just a truth Rose had needed to deal with for a very long time.

She listened very intently to Half Truth, praising her for her bravery and courage. The tears in her eyes finally did well over, and it was a quiet cry, but a cry nonetheless. Rose pressed onwards, the owlcat cooing what seemed to be encouragement as it danced between her hoofsteps.

“Not only are you terribly charming, you’re also very kind. I don’t think this old doe has heard anything that nice in…” She breathed out loud, closing her eyes momentarily. Not even Root had been so kind, when they were fillies. It gave her hooves strength she did not know they possessed. To be admired so kindly…

“Perhaps this trip was what I needed, after all. Thank you, Half Truth. This has meant the world to me. I find—“

Whatever Rose was going to say was lost in the raucous screech of the Owlcat. Glancing up, she watched as the creature darted from her legs, zooming ahead from the traveling duo. Rose blinked, trying to see what it was after.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In the distance, a yellow doe’s ears drooped physically. There was only one creature in this forsaken swamp that made that sound, and—

“Jump Scare. Jump Scare, you… you got him up in the tree, right? And we’re sure that he couldn’t get down? Because,” and she was cut off by the sudden pounce of the creature, followed by her own dismayed cry.

Life Giver had found them again.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:29 pm
"I live to please," she said, smiling as both an attempt to lighten the mood and to signify relief that she hadn't been slapped in the face. "But- hey, hey now. Don't cry!" she said soothingly, gently bringing Rose in for a gentle hug, resisting the urge to run her muzzle through the other doe's mane. "You're stronger than you know," she said- and as quickly as she could, she gave Rose the tiniest of pecks on the forehead. "If you want to, you could track her down- but I don't think she deserves it. You're worth more than fading hoofprints and a broken heart; you deserve freedom from that." Stepping back, she looked into the other doe's face. "You're a remarkable lady, Roses in Bloom. It's been something special getting to know you- and that's the whole truth." She winked at the doe, feeling strange in the pit of her belly. Did she really mean it? Kindness on top of charm? Half Truth had never figured herself to be really all that... kind. Brutally honest at times, obfuscative at others- very good at saying what needed to be said, but kind? She'd have to think about this for a while. She really needed to get home and figure out what exactly had just happened. "I'll see you around, maybe." Not a question. A promise- a conditional promise, but one she knew deep down she'd be keeping.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "NO. NO. WHY. WHY IS IT BACK. I spent three hours getting it up there why is it back??????" came a wail from the distance as the owlcat made its return home. "Is there no mercy in this cruel, cruel world?"  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas