Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:07 pm
Kyle let off a small shrug when it appeared that he was the only one with a Zoroark, More would be useful but he knew that Slender would be able to handle whatever they needed of him.
"We're going to have to remember, is that they're going to have pokemon of their own, I don't know about you guys, but I think taking out the people first would be the best. If they're not going to reach for the radios, then its for the Pokemon, seeing as its the League, I'm sure their equipment will be like ours, and be sturdy enough to withstand pokemon attacks. If you're going to throw electricity at anyone it should be in their faces, not their belts."
He made a mild gesture toward KO, when he had mentioned he had a Raichu who could paralyze, then nodding toward Shawn who seemed to have a similar idea.

A moments thought crossed the man's face and he voiced another options,"if there any cliffs hear by I could have Slender trick them into walking off of it."
Though by the air in his voice it was clear he wasn't expecting it to be taken seriously, taking this moment to lean back in his seat, arms crossed over his chest.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:53 pm
"Don' gatta be from the jet." Jerome offered in a calm deep tone when Tambrey mentioned she had "Just gatta be before we go jumpin em,"

As if pointedly, Bro' the large Gengar always hanging around Jerome pulled out of the shadows of his best friend. eyes half lidded and teeth clicking around the room.

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:53 am
"Ahhh, yes, you make a good point." KO turned to Bro and nodded before addressing the other humans again. "Our incorporeal comrade said - and I quote - 'Hey- why are all you suckers forgetting about Ghost types hu? You want someone to sneak into location well you ******** know we go invisible?' I may have lost a little of the inflection but you get the idea." He still hadn't got used to understanding poison types, it was a little unnerving to hear them talk like they were people.

"I think taking the people out, and disabling their comms if we can, is for the best too," KO continued with a nod to Kyle. "Humans are more fragile for one, it'll be quicker, and if we're fast enough we can get them before they let out too many of their pokemon. So if we have electric types and others to incapacitate under an illusion, and have some invisible ghosts already in position ahead of us perhaps...? My ghost type doesn't have hypnosis but," he shrugged, "any who do could try that by appearing in front of the league operatives while we strike from behind with electricity."

Frost decided that he missed the garage and the engineering labs very much indeed, he really did not like all of this... this haphazard chatter! It was difficult to keep up with everyone talking over one another, with everything shifting second by second. "I have a Metagross with me," he put in, "it is capable of 'flight', and quite a number of people - or pokemon - could stand on it. Perhaps place the Zoroark there, and some of the electric types if we are planning to use them for the inital strike?"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:56 am
"Most of my team was chosen for their resistance to the Fairy type or neutrality." Lex frowned slightly, wincing at the butchering of pokemon species and glared at Clancy. "On another note, if we do pull this off, I think we should enforce a vow of silence on a person who keeps butchering pokemon's names. I'm rather sure our cover will be blown fantastically if you keep butchering your teams species let alone refer to certain moves as bloody sleep voodoo." He replied, managed to keep his tone even.

"It might also be important to know what type everyone can speak to. I've recently found out mine was Dark." Lex grinned cheerful at that fact. "And perhaps we should also find out which members have defensive pokemon if things go terrible wrong. That way if we do split into teams, we can attempt to pair people up with someone who know Protect, Reflect, Light screen or hmm Magic coat. My Ariados knows Protect, and my Serperior knows Safeguard."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:49 pm
Lex's request for a map was met with a nod as Claire sent one to his 'dex via her tablet. "There's forests surrounding the route, so there'll be plenty of cover to hide behind," she said, lifting the tablet up and pointing to either side of the stone-filled route.

She lowered the tablet onto her lap and, with a few taps of her fingers, brought up a blank page and began to type onto it. "A fly-by assault could be a good option for an initial strike, if we can get all of the League members at once while doing so; we don't want to begin by picking them off one-by-one, as that only invites them to call for back-up." The elite paused in her typing to look up at and address Shawn, "We need their uniforms intact and looking proper, so if we're targeting their gear to disable their means of communication, any pokemon attacking their gear need to have very fine control. If they have normal radios, that should work just fine for disabling their communications, but we also need to account for the possibility that they'll have League-grade gear, which is specifically designed for people who work with pokemon and can take quite a beating. There's no guarantee that an electric attack would disable that type of equipment."

Clancy's question made her pause and blink several times in mild confusion as she tried to translate what he'd just said. "A.. a 'Roffletron'? I'm afraid I don't know what that is," the elite ceded with a puzzled frown, unable to figure out what pokemon he'd meant by 'roffletron.'

Leaving the matter of the 'roffletron' alone for now, Claire instead moved to address Tambrey's question. "Elite Rook is currently keeping tabs on all radio activity we can access for further information, and will let us know if anything of importance crops up again."

The elite resumed tapping away on the tablet again for a few moments, remaining silent as she worked. After a minute or two, Claire looked up again to address the group, "As important as contingency plans are, we should focus on our initial strike first. Using a Smokescreen or utilizing a Zoroark's abilities - if not using both at once - sound like good ideas for an ambush. We want to avoid using any powerful attacks on them, lest we damage the uniforms, so we should focus on incapacitating them. The ideal would be to knock them all out simultaneously somehow, such as with Spore or Sleep Powder, but failing that the highest priority should be disabling their means of communication so they can't call for help. Though," the elite paused, her voice taking on a little higher tone as she thought of something else, "they may not have any reason to alert anyone if they think some pokemon are just playing harmless tricks on them."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:28 pm
Tambrey made a silent 'oh' as she realised what Jerome had been getting at, and offered a sheepish smile.
"Right! That makes more sense... I actually have two flying types we could use there. I believe Lasi's a little faster maybe, but he's, um, bright pink... I suppose it depends on whether we need stealth or speed. Speed, I guess... Lasi's my Crobat. As I said before, he does have Confuse Ray, so I could get him in the air as soon as we land with the plan being to have him use Confuse Ray on anyone we don't knock out right away?"
The agent smirked at Bro's sudden appearance, managing not to jump; she'd gotten used to the Gengar over the years, and grinned with a scientist's glee as KO revealed he could talk to the Poison type.
"Fascinating... Ooh! Yes, I would like to know!" She couldn't help herself but say as Lex suggested they share each what type they could speak too. "For myself, I can talk to psychic types though I haven't been able to pursue this beyond the lab very much. My own psychic types are a Jirachi, so a moot point, and a Chingling, who just is not very talkative at all..."

Then, as Elite Claire was talking, she gave a nod, happy to hear that Rook was monitoring, though she still wished, a little, they could all listen in somehow. As Claire talked about the map, out of habit, she found herself following along on her own dex, and looking at the tree cover, musing to herself. She was running low on ideas but found that it seemed helpful to be looking at a representation of where they were going.
"Harmless tricks?" She didn't mind admitting she didn't entirely follow exactly what Claire meant.

---~~~---

Clancy scowled at Lex.
"Don't you worry 'bout me! I know what I mean and I ain't gonna blow our cover! Just can't remember what the bloody things are called 's all... And I've no idea what damned type o' critter I can natter with. Ain't met one yet... Bloody things..." The words mellowed in tone, from anger, and became puzzlement toward the end of Clancy's sentence, but he was soon gesticulating again, without much regard for the small space.
"Aye, a Waffleiron! Rotoscooter! Romblyfom! That bloomin' red doodad with the daft face and the lightn'n thingers! 'S a ghost!" He insisted, having turned his attention to Claire.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:24 pm
Planes were scary. Adam didn't realize that, having never been on one proper in his life. Sudenly packed like sardines in a plane left the grunt feeling naseous and terrified. He pressed into the seats and popped in two earbuds, turning up a techno playlist on his dex and zoned out.

Apparently, zoned out too hard. A particularly loud voice woke up the grunt. Taking both buds from his ears, the blonde stared dazed as the conversation whirled around his head. Something about... Pokemon and... As Adam listened and took a look at the map, things began to click.

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, the grunt scooted closer to the group and pointed towards the map, "There's lots of large rocks there. That's going to be disorienting, if we can keep them confused and in a small enough area. We don't know how strong they are, right? So why not ******** split 'em up?" Adam shrugged and continued, "We get them split up, have a flying 'mon bring in some mons that can spread out a smokescreen and smog and stuff. Then get a small area with an illusion so the league thinks they're trapped.. Then we can pick them off slowly."

Frowning, he sighed, "Only issue is communication. But I still think splitting their force and confusing them with the rocks and tree layout is the best bet."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:51 am
"Such as Covet?" Lex question thinking it over. "Or," He looked over at Bro, giving the Gengar a wave. "Tieing their shoes together, playing keep away with their dexs, going through their stuff... do you want to add anything?" Considering they had a ghost type out, they should probably ask the ghost for ideas.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Shawn Darrow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:58 am
"Right...I wondered about that," Shadow said in response to Kyle's comment about equipment. "I wasn't sure if there was equipment that would be able to stand direct electrical attacks like that, since I'm not really up-to-date on the latest pokemon tech, but that makes sense."

He looked at Lindsay, who was still enjoying being pet in his lap. "I guess I can't be sure about aim since this one's more about power. Shame I don't have any of those Joltik things; those seem like they'd be ideal for a mission like this since I heard they eat electricity and that they're pretty small."

The teen chuckled lightly at Kyle's suggestion regarding having them walk off a cliff. If he'd been serious, he might have worried, but he guessed the other grunt was joking. "There'd go our disguises," he teased. Maybe the other young man was trying to break the tension they were facing with some mild humor, grim as the idea may have been.

When the red-haired grunt spoke up, seeming to translate for Jerome's ghost, Bro, Shadow sighed. "It's not that I forgot," he said. "In fact, most of my pokemon are ghosts. I know more about them and poison-types than I do about any other pokemon kind. But that's why I was a little skeptical about using them since they can be a bit...unpredictable." He smiled faintly at Bro. "No offense."

He'd heard about people gaining the ability to speak and hear pokemon like they were people, but Shadow still had trouble wrapping his head around it. He himself had yet to understand any of them like others claimed to, but he figured that was just as well. The thought of hearing ghosts speak and keeping him from sleeping completely was not a happy one when nightmares of them already plagued him from time to time.

"Levitation," he remarked softly, hearing Agent Frost mention his Metagross being 'capable of flight'. "I forgot about that. Uh, I guess Haunter and my Chandelure, Jack, can maybe carry people. Maybe." He scratched his head. "I don't think I've asked them to try before, but if anyone can, uh...talk to them, maybe they can ask."

Smirking helplessly at Lex's comment on Clancy's pokemon naming, Shadow shook his head in amusement and sympathy. "It's alright, sir," he said to Clancy, unsure of the man's name as of yet. "I still have trouble trying to remember them myself, especially when there are new ones being discovered all the time. Uh, I think he means a Rotom, Elite Agent Claire," he told the woman.

"Well, if we're going for the 'pokemon playing tricks on them' approach, I guess ghosts would be pretty appropriate," the teenager conceded, if a bit reluctantly. "I don't think I can talk to any pokemon myself. Er, at least not like a two-way conversation. Um, Haunter? You there?"

A pair of bright scarlet eyes appeared in the wall next to Shadow's head, looking inquisitively at him.

"Do you think you can carry someone? We might need you for that. Oh, and Jack, my Chandelure, knows Confuse Ray too, if that'll be helpful," he added, hearing Tambrey mention Lasi knowing the same attack. "Eris...is good for surprising people, I guess. And playing tricks, since she seems to do that naturally around base."

The Haunter appeared briefly to nod its large head at Shadow's question before retreating back into the wall of the craft with only his eyes visible. he murmured.

Lindsay snapped, not looking at the Haunter as if she was doing her best to ignore him.

the ghost sighed. Mentally, though, he thought if the boy had really known what he was doing, he would have kept the power-crazy Jolteon back at base, too.

"Hey, you okay?" Shadow asked, noticing the blonde grunt with lots of piercings seeming to jerk to attention. He had recognized that nauseous, frightened look on the young man's face when they'd entered the small aircraft. "I don't like flying much either, but at least it's not for long," he leaned over to whisper. It seemed they'd both had the same idea of spending what duration of they flight they could sleeping.

"Uh...I don't think I have any pokemon that know Smokescreen or Smog," the tan-skinned grunt confessed. "Or Protect, Reflect, or any of the ones he mentioned," Shadow added, nodding towards Lex, whose name he was also unfamiliar with. "But I do have three ghosts that can go invisible if they need to and sneak up on people."

"For playing tricks, Eris knows...I think...Thief and Psychic? Could those be useful?" he wondered aloud. "She can steal stuff from them with Thief. Pokeballs or equipment or maybe articles of clothing. Maybe move things around with Psychic. Like I said before, Jack has Confuse Ray. And Haunter has Lick and Hypnosis."

Haunter put in off-handedly, rolling his eyes.

Eris spoke up, though she was nowhere to be seen.

Haunter pointed out.

the Shuppet answered, though she didn't seem too put-out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:20 pm
As the Rockets continued their discussion, Rook stepped out of the cockpit area to address the group, "Sorry to interrupt, but Kalos team's surveillance spotted a group of six trainers heading roughly in the direction of the Reflection Cave; there's due suspicion that that's the group rendezvousing with Diantha, but we don't know for sure. Also, pilot estimates that we'll arrive in about an hour - well before this group should reach Route 10 at their current pace. I'll let you know if there are any further developments." She made a motion to return to her post but paused momentarily, "I need to keep an ear on things, so to speak, but if you need me for anything, I'm here right now." As controlled as her tone was, it was still possible to tell that she was a bit antsy about having to exclude herself from the conversation.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:35 am
Jerome didn’t understand the words that Bro had said, but spending his entire life with the ghost, he got an idea from the tone in his voice and the conversation just what the ghost would be implying. Still, to hear a playback from someone as to the words that the Gengar had spoken, Jerome couldn’t help but stare at KO with slightly widened eyes, glancing up at Bro’ who also seemed to be in some kind of awe.

Bro let a wide smirk spread over his lips, perking himself up and nodding at KO, pleased with the translation even if he didn’t really get the attitude right.

Though the grin faded when shadow spoke back to Bro about his idea, one eye squinting at the reasoning that ghosts shouldn’t really be used He barked back down a slight scowl
With that Bro turned toward KO again letting out a ruffled snort

“Bro’s been runnin’ with me since we was five” Jerome told Shawn, with a great deal more patience then bro had expiated “Did as much enforcin’ work as I did. F’we need somethin’ Bro can do it.”
He glanced back toward Tambery, nodding lightly toward her reply, and to Lex’s sudgestion.
“Water” He answered “I talk t’water.”

(sorry guys, I probably won't be able to reply again till later tomorrow. I work all day. Feel free to utilize my characters and their pokemon in whatever way the planning goes. Sorry I can't be here to help more. full time job and all :/ )  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:12 am
"Sir?" Clancy whipped his head around to peer at Shadow and blinked owlishly. "Ain't been called that much... Don't think I much bloody care f'r it... Call me 'Eel, lad; 's my codename! Still, reckon you've got me on the blighter 'm thinking of. That sounds right..."

Tambrey raised her hand when Elite Rook appeared; yes she had a question! ... But then...

"Yeah! Uh, ma'am," Clancy piped up, and Tambrey put her hand down (her question was definitely more out of personal interest, but the grunt might have an actual relevant question) "You gotta," he gestured at Shadow as though -this- was the name given to him by the younger grunt "Roomba, right? That fancy spy-copterin' doodad?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:11 am
Rook blinked at the question. "...Rotom?" she hazarded, drawing her guess from the 'spy-copterin' part of the description. "I did bring my Rotom, but I wasn't expecting to need any of its bodies... I'm afraid I don't have the surveillance device that I used during the training mission."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:18 am
"Yes ma'am," the grunt said to Elite Agent Rook when she stepped out to talk to them, giving her a small salute and then feeling a little silly about it afterward. Was that what they were supposed to do? No one else seemed to be doing it. Oh well...better to be respectful than not, right?

Shadow, though unaware of Bro's response to him, was not comfortable with any ghost-type giving him a look like that, particularly a Gengar. Lindsay on her trainer's lap growled at Bro, ready to lash out in one way or another, when the Haunter in the wall came between them and spoke up instead.

he told the gangster Gengar. Sighing he added, do need to get more focused. He doesn't know how to train them, so I gotta do my best to keep them in line. Eris doesn't even belong to anyone.>

the Shuppet chimed in, sounding mock offended before giggling.

Haunter answered.

he does,> Eris replied, appearing to drift over to Bro. She smiled as she appeared to snuggle up to his arm. She flew up and nuzzled her cheek to his affectionately.

"Yeah. I'm sure he can," Shadow answered Jerome with more calm than he felt. "It just kinda gives me the shivers to think what those people'd experience if we just give the ghosts free reign on playing with them. I mean, even if we orchestrate what, exactly, they should do to these guys, it'd still be messing with their heads to think wild pokemon were out to get them." He shrugged. "I know it can't be helped, though. Just ignore me."

Turning his head to see Clancy blinking at him, the teen grinned. "Eel, huh? Okay. That's a cool codename. Heh, mine's stupid and cliche, but at least it's pretty general. Call me Shadow." He held out a hand to offer in a handshake.

His gaze darted to Tambrey's hand when she raised it, casting her a curious look when she put it back down almost immediately. The boy's attention was caught again by Clancy, though, when he was gestured to.

"Uh...you mean a Rotom? Or something else?" He wasn't sure they were talking about the same thing anymore since he wasn't sure 'fancy, spy-copterin' doodad' fit the description of the pokemon. The older grunt might not even have been talking about a pokemon at all, but a device or piece of tech, in which case Shadow would have been totally lost. Rook seemed to have the same misgivings.

Shawn Darrow

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:28 am
This really was strange, understanding pokemon when nobody else did! Kind of like having a second language he supposed.

"Poison type," he explained with a little quirk of a smile. "Apt I suppose, I do love my chemicals...."

Right.

"Well I don't know what the first bit of the conversation was about, mostly internal debate from what I got from the Haunter but Bro says," KO took a breath, " 'Yo best remember, I’m an Agent’s main mon, maybe you just need to get your ghosts more focused.' Then he asked me to translate and added 'I’ve done this before, It’s what I used to do. Good chop to the back of the neck and I can take grown ********’ men down before they know what hit em'. So there's that." He thought he'd done a bit better with getting the tone across that time, it didn't really matter he supposed but he did like to do things with panache.

Frost, who had sat back with his fingers steepled to listen to the conversation said; "Ice," in cool flat tones, "and my Metagross knows Protect."

"Oh, right," KO nodded, "my Umbreon has Protect too."

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces