[FIN] Old, New, Past, Present; Forward! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:15 pm
Aulus hadn't missed the episode of 'Mummy takes Baby away from the Bad Man'; he glowered after them briefly before turning back to Tam, his glower becoming a little smile. "Well, next seismic disturbance I'll be right there looking around for you. It seems like they should be a link? I mean, it feels and looks right. I know that's not scientific and it could just be convergent evolution but it's a nice thought right? It'd be great to discover something like that.

"Oh, and did anything come of that shard I brought back for you?" It hadn't been a big thing and he'd only spotted it by chance when he'd stopped to re-fasten his bootlaces but it had seemed like a good present to take back for Tam.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:25 pm
"I don't know if you can really call the unscientific. Um, more like 'a seed' of science, maybe? A lot of ideas and theories and discoveries are made due to thoughts more or less exactly like that." She straightened up, and lifted her eyes skyward in thought. "Looks right, feels right, etc. Instinct, um, maybe."

She was back to a grin again as he asked but realised to answer, in a public place, she really had to keep her voice low. At least this wasn't a super popular exhibit, nor an incredibly busy museum.
"Um. Well... It looks promising. I mean. Um, there's not that much material to work with in it, but the profile seems to match something else that was brought in recently. I'm trying to rebuild the genome, templating a little from our main sample, though I'm, um, not familiar with the sequence... Still, I think," She held up crossed fingers at that. "I think, with minor errors, and some patchwork, I should be able to produce a viable, evolving, pokémon."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:30 pm
"Awesome!" Aulus replied in similarly low tones, his smile becoming a bright grin; he did good! "I hope it comes out right for you, that'd be brilliant.... What does it feel like having pokemon you've grown yourself? Made? Whatever, I don't know what the best word is." It seemed to him like it had to be a pretty special feeling, it was creating life and then watching that life grow into a unique individual. Kind of like being a parent, perhaps? A science parent like in the Power Puff Girls.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:41 pm
"Um. Well, similar to when Octavia was created I guess except," Tambrey looked slightly guilty. "This one is a little more exciting for me because, um, well... You know... Fossil and shard and, um, I had to piece more of the sequence together... Plus, I've got access to different equipment now, with rank. It's.. yes. It's super exciting." She admitted, sheepishly, and then considered what the right word would be.
"Um. I guess 'created' would be right because, um, the sequence has to be pieced together, and then the pokémon has to be grown really... Maybe 'grown' is best after all... Constructing, or reconstructing, the, um, sequence could kind of be seen as 'planting the seed' I guess..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:55 pm
"Good," Aulus gave Tam a gentle nudge in the ribs, "you should be excited! You're doing amazing things that a lot of people couldn't even being to wrap their brains around. You should be proud of yourself." She was good at what she did, and good in general in his opinion, so she deserved to feel good about herself and her work.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:03 pm
Well... She supposed it was true that she got to do things that people outside of Team Rocket wouldn't be able to, and she'd worked hard to become an Agent to push those things a little further. It was weird to feel 'proud of herself', though she supposed, on some level these days, she actually probably was... At least when it came to science; missions were still another thing altogether.

"Thanks." She lifted a smile again, and then "You too. By the way. I mean, um, yes, you found the shard for this in the first place, but, um, you know. You're good at stuff. Pokémon stuff and training and all sorts." Well, that was a more awkward way to pay a compliment, but at least she could say she meant it.

"Um. So... Uh. Gift shop? Or, um, have we missed anything to see?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:07 pm
Aww. Aulus smiled again, rubbing the back of his neck with faintly abashed warm fuzzy feelings. It was nice to get compliments from people whose opinions you actually valued, he was just - once again - a bit bad at actually what to do with the feelings and stuff.

"We're both good at stuff, different stuff, and that's why we're good partners right?" he said softly with a little squeeze to Tam's shoulder with his left hand, he didn't trust the right to squeeze things gently yet.

"Gift shop," he said in normal tones, "I think we've seen everything, let's engage in some capitalist behaviour."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:16 pm
Tambrey nodded and, though she felt a little cheesy or awkward, gave a thumbs up in agreement.
"Different stuff, but good at stuff. Makes sense. I think it works well."

And, to the gift shop, of course.
"... I think I'm going have to get fudge too. I forgot that museum shops always do fudge." Indeed, brown and white packets of fudge were some of the things to be bought. "I wonder why they always sell it... Um. So. What did you want to do after this..?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:57 pm
Aulus gave the fudge a frown. "Good point. I suppose it's one of those universal truths, like weird smelling public bathrooms and rain on bank holidays." What next? He turned to look through a container of plastic pokemon as he thought about this. "Dunno," he said helpfully, "we could grab some lunch if you want then head home? We could do that training you wanted to do maybe?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:14 pm
"Hm. Probably." She smiled when he brought up the training; she hadn't wanted to push about it, but she was extremely eager to get to it, and had been hoping, rather, that he'd suggest it.
After lunch, though, was good- but she had another pressing need to take care of too.
"Lunch sounds good, um, but can we make sure we get a place with bathrooms? I, um, need to change my dressing..." She hefted her bag a little, and gestured at her midriff; it hadn't been the most awful burn in the world, but it was still somewhat painful, and still needed a dressing for now.
"And, um, yes please? I... I really really want to see how Ella interacts with the stone."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:21 pm
Aulus winced sympathetically and nodded. "Yeah, and not gross smelling ones either. I think there's a pizza express near here, how about that?" Not too expensive and there were always nice veggie things to be had.

"I want to see too," Aulus added with an eager grin, "I've never been up close to a Mega Aggron! Ooooh, I want to take some pictures of her, can I?" It hadn't even crossed Aulus' mind that there could be a problem wit the process itself, he was confident in his partner and in her bond with Ella.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:54 pm
"Ooh, that sounds good. And, um, yes please, no bad smelling bathroom places."

His enthusiasm couldn't help but bring a wider smile and a silent chuckle in her mind. It was really really /nice/ that Aulus got so excited over pokémon things like he did. Encouraging, too.

"Um. Well, I don't mind and I'm pretty sure she won't mind at all, so sure?" Tambrey agreed and, in fact mentally considered it to be a good idea; she'd want copies of the pictures for sure, for both personal reasons, and scientific.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:22 am
"Great, we have a plan then," Aulus nodded as he reached out towards a plastic Aerodactyl. With his left hand half way towards it he paused, switched hands, and picked it up carefully with his right to inspect the price. It was overpriced of course, these places always were, but he was tempted to get it anyway and for a toy it was pretty accurate.

Looking around as he pondered he spotted a dome fossil shaped backpack and made little 'heh' of amusement. "Look at that, neat. Oh, and they have a fossil jelly mould set. And chocolate fossils." You could spend a fortune in here, if you had one to spend. In all honesty though he wasn't really hurting for money at the moment, he'd not spent a great deal in the last year because going anywhere to do anything that cost money had just been too annoying. That didn't mean he should just spend it all on random crap though, he was trying to save up for a Mega Stone for Tortie, and for Red come to that.

Okay, plastic Aerodactyl and one other thing then but what? Something that would last, something he could either use or enjoy looking at. That didn't narrow it down a whole lot to be honest.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:40 am
She nodded, pleased; she liked this plan, and was now quite excited.
Tambrey's outings were sparse too, if not quite as non-existent over the last year as Aulus', though she was still aware of the high prices... Still, now she'd seen the fudge, she'd have to get that... and some stickers... and the little bucket of plastic pokémon; she could already see an Armaldo in there among other things.
Standees of Kabutops could wait; they'd be a pain to carry around, and so it would probably be better to order them, if they really wanted them, to the post office, PO box, or to her mother's house than it was to look for them here.

"That is neat... Ooh," She paused and looked at the chocolate fossils before deciding against them "uh, I could probably try making something like these though. A mould is probably less expensive...Ah," She paused again at a spinning display of 'personalised' fridge magnets and door signs "you know, I think I only, um, found my name on one of these once in all the times I've been to museums...."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:18 am
"Heh," Aulus spun the display gently, "I bet you don't, I find mine quite a lot... Oh here's one for you." Aulus pointed to one which said 'They didn't have my name!'.

After a bit more internal debate Aulus shook his head. "Ugh, too much choice, I'm just going to go with the Aerodactyl." There was nothing that really grabbed him so better to save his money right? Right.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff