Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]
They Called it Utopia [O][A] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IGmangachick

Fanatical Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:41 pm
User Image

ELESTINEXXXEMARCO
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
XXXLocation: Outside Town Hall. Company: Leon and Molly. Thoughts: Should we start a mission?
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Celestine was just starting toward the food storage when she felt a small something tumble and kick her in the back of the leg. Looking down, she saw a small girl, no older than seven, holding what appeared to be a stuffed cat in both arms. Not wanting to seem rude, Cele reached a hand out to the young girl just as a boy approached and hoisted the little one onto her feet. Judging by the kindness in his voice and the familiarity he had with the girl’s name, he could only assume they were family, or at least what passed as a family in this day and age. They didn’t look much alike, him with those yellow-hazel eyes, and her with the dark periwinkle blue, but even if they weren’t blood, they were close. There’d been a time when Cele remembered those feelings, having someone who relied on you and someone you relied on simultaneously. They were young, but to be in their situation they must have seen their own share of pain; something she didn’t need to make worse by saying something stupid.

Forcing a smile onto her face, Celestine’s eyes darted to the wood pile nearby where she’d just thrown her carving. For a moment she was tempted to draw it off the pile and give it to the girl, some form of apology for her sliding down the hill like that, even if it really had nothing to do with Cele. But no, she let it sit, that would only come across strange anyways, and she didn’t want to know anyone would be keeping her work on a shelf somewhere anyways. It wasn’t worth the effort of handing it over like a gift, so she let it sit on top of the pile, deciding instead that she could say something and not scare the poor kid away.
“I’m fine, it’s hard to get a good grip on the ground in this weather. It’s really not a problem.” She offered gently. The two of them looked like children compared to her, they didn’t need a scolding for an accident, and she certainly didn’t want to scare them off. This was a community, it wouldn’t be right to make them feel uncomfortable, no matter the situation or their age.

”Actually, I know you two from somewhere… you live up in the caves, right? You’re both a bit young to be living on your own in there, you getting by okay?” Perhaps it was a bit strange for her to try being so friendly with her words, but she did genuinely care that people were alright. It was her last year to serve as a youth leader, and she had concerns that needed to reach the council before she was too old to voice an opinion. That required being appealing to the younger people, as the chances of being selected among the group were fewer and fewer the older you were until elder recognition began, and elders were almost never chosen from the thirty somethings. If she wanted her opinion heard, she needed kids to like her, and the best way to do that was to be friendly toward them, even if it didn’t seem much like her. Besides that, she had to think of a meal hook up for the night, because she most certainly was not doing her own cooking if there was any way to avoid it.

And then like a shot from the heavens she heard Harford’s gunshot ring through the valley. Gunshots were a bit of a rare thing around the village, as guns and ammunition weren’t common finds. Even in hunting, most people stuck to arrows and traps, which caused far less commotion. There weren’t many people who hunted with guns, and seeing as he was the only other person she knew who had been around the village since the start, Celestine knew exactly who’s gun that shot had rung from.
“Huh. The old man is probably just hunting dinner. I guess if food stores are running short we should be planning the next warehouse run.” She mumbled almost to herself. It wasn’t as if city trips were a secret or anything, but she didn’t want to startle to two kids standing next to her with the thought of it. In truth, it had been a while since anyone had made a warehouse run, most of the trips lately had only really been about medical supplies as their summer and fall harvests had sustained them well up till then. But how long until winter stole that peace from them, or the rains came and reclaimed their field for flood plains? It was time for city runs to become more common once again, news that would probably scare any children who had never gone on missions themselves. That’s why she kept her voice low, so that she wouldn’t scare the little seven year old standing beside her.

((Out Of Chaos))

DragonChild09
Tigerlvr_Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:21 pm
User Image
Leon Webb

Leon let out a small sigh of relief as the girl told them that it was fine. When she asked about where they were staying and how they were managing, Leon nodded his head. "Yeah we're living up in the caves, we've only been here for... I think two months now." he said thinking a bit about time wise. Leon placed a gentle arm around Molly trying to calm her down a bit, new people always made her nervous.

Holding out his free hand Leon continued "My name is Leon Webb, and this is Molly." he said making a small motion towards Molly who didn't release her grip on Leon's jacket but gave a tiny wave with her free hand. "Food wise I think we're alright. I'm pretty good at hunting and cooking, so that helps quite a bit. Plus Molly here is great with plants. Right Molly?" he said giving a small smile and crouching a bit. Molly looked at the girl for a moment before looking at Leon and nodding "Yes.. my grandmother taught me." she spoke quietly, readjusting the toy cat.

People always said that the two were young to be alone, but it's not like they had much of a choice, their real families had passed, and fate led him to finding Molly. After that it became pretty hard to separate the two of them as they traveled around looking for safe spots to spend the night. It was hard on Leon, he did anything to make sure Molly was alright and yet he still had feelings that he was failing her. He didn't know how to raise a kid, he was still basically a kid himself. He had thoughts about leaving her with adults that were willing to take care of her, but he could never bring himself to go through with it.

Standing back up, Leon looked at the girl and rubbed the back of his neck slightly embarrassed "Sorry, I don't think I know your name." he said letting out a little chuckle. He had seen her around a few times, mostly when he went to check the mission board, but he'd seen her a couple times in the caves as well.

Molly

User Image

IGmangachick

DragonChild09

Eternal Explorer

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:29 pm
if I lay here
if I just lay here
would you lie with me and just forget the world?

• ● 【Anya Jourdain】 ● •
i|am|living|just|to|breathe

User Image

Anya perked up as the girl on the ground below mentioned the possibility of a trip to the warehouse. For her, that meant a trip to the junkyard. She wanted to jump out of the tree right that second and volunteer herself to go, but she resisted, and stayed quiet as the others spoke. She was surprised that the boy her age was living alone and taking care of the younger one. Anya took care of younger kids too, but she was just a helper. They weren't hers specifically to look after.

She admired that for just a moment, before her thoughts trailed off back to what she wanted to search for at the junkyard. She definitely needed some parts for one of the generators. It was about to go "kaplooey", but Anya knew that this particular one could be fixed easily, as long as the parts were available. They would be able to get a little bit more out of it, at least.

She also wanted to find a few pieces for herself. Anya was always on the lookout for things that might be useful to her own little "somethings", as she liked to call them. They were mostly just a mass of gears and tiny belts. Nothing too fancy. And most of them barely moved, but she still enjoyed it. It passed the time, at least...

◦ ◇ ◦ ◆ ◦ ◈ ◦ ◆ ◦ ◇ ◦

we'll do it all
everything
on our own...

DragonChild09

IGmangachick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:40 pm
User Image

ELESTINEXXXEMARCO
XXXLocation: The Mission Board.Company: Leon and Molly. Thoughts: Can these kids handle this?

Cele gave the two a very genuine smile as the boy spoke of only having been there for a short time. Most of the villagers had been there since the beginning, and those that hadn’t were born there sometime since its establishment, so to hear these two had come to join them only recently seemed a bit of a surprise to her. Not that it was a bad thing, it meant they must have felt safe there to stay and make a home for themselves up in the caves, but it sounded like they hadn’t been around long enough to make any true friends or really get themselves established in the community. Okay, so Cele wasn’t usually a very friendly person, but she wasn’t cold hearted either, and these kids probably needed a little more home than a cold cave floor and the few comforts the village had to offer. Not that she could do much to help, she wasn’t the heart-warming person to say “come have dinner with me tonight,” especially when there was no way she would torture even her worst enemy with her cooking. But there was probably another way to get them accustomed to village life all the same, if they could handle it that was.

Looking the boy over, Cele shrugged her shoulders. If they’d only been around a short while then he had never seen a trip to Utopia, he probably had no idea what it was like there, and she was afraid that even suggesting the idea to him would make the boy squeamish. Besides that, the girl was far too young to venture into the city, she knew what she was about ready to suggest would force the girl to stay behind and be separated from her “brother” as it were. Still, what said welcome more than relying on a person to keep your a** alive? Most of the community bonding happened out there, why should their initiation be so different?

Reaching a hand out to shake his, Cele took their names to memory quickly and gave a small nod. At least they seemed to be doing alright on their own, as the boy explained. When his question came, Cele perked up and nodded.
“Right. Sorry, I’m Cele Demarco, I grew up here.” she remarked lightly, her eyes turning to Molly with a gentle smile. The poor kid looked nervous to be meeting a new person, and chances were it was all a bit overwhelming for a seven year old, the least she could do was try to make the transition a little easier. “I actually live in the caves too. It’s the big cavern near the back where most of the other kids your age stay. Normally I wouldn’t say this, but you both seem a little out of place, so if you ever need anything I’m always around. Feel free to stop by.”

She turned slowly toward the mission board a few feet away, contemplating posting a new mission. She wasn’t entirely joking when she’d mentioned a warehouse run, there were more reasons for it than just food as well, after all they could find plenty of cutlery, blankets, tools, and she was in need of a new stone for sharpening her knives on. Chances were, everyone had things they needed out of the warehouse and a run there would be of benefit to most of the village. Plus, these kids probably could use the bonding experience with the rest of the village, she wasn’t altogether joking about that thought either. Drawing a small, waterworn notebook and pen from the inside pocket of her parka, Cele wrote a quick mission script and left space for item requests to go on the list then stuck it up on the board before turning back to the kids.

“I’m putting up a mission for a warehouse run. Even at this time of year, we need to start thinking about the flood season and winter, it wouldn’t hurt to have a supply run. You’re welcome to sign up…” Her eyes turned to Leon for an instant at these words, wanting it to be clear Molly was too young to come. “But you should know what you’re in for. If you want to sign up, I’d suggest you tag along with me for a bit. I’ll have to go have a word with the trigger happy codger, and it’s a bit of a long walk, so I’ll tell you on the way. Do you want to sign up or not?”

((Out Of Chaos))

DragonChild09
Tigerlvr_Bailey

IGmangachick

Fanatical Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:15 am
if I lay here
if I just lay here

• ● 【Anya Jourdain】 ● •

User Image

Anya was jolted back out of her thoughts suddenly. The second she heard that an actual mission was being posted, that was enough to drag her out of her hiding place. She needed to be on that list. There was no question about it. Without losing her balance, she shot up, and scrambled down the trunk of the tree, landing lightly at the bottom, no longer careful to be quiet and observant. This was too important for that.

Anya raced towards the three and the mission board. "I want to go!" She called out to Cele, as though if she didn't act now she wouldn't get the chance again. Of course, Anya was just being dramatic. She would have plenty of time to sign up. However her excitement at another opportunity to visit the junkyard was too overpowering for her to contain herself. She was practically bouncing by the time she reached the small group. Normally she wasn't like that, but when it came to things like this, she was ecstatic.

"I need to go! Please!" Anya practically begged, even though she knew she didn't need to. The junkyard was her happy place, even though the city was dangerous. She was like a kid in a candy store there. Although, she had only ever seen the outside of an old, overgrown candy store. She never got a chance to see what that was actually like, she had just picked up the expression from others older than her. It seemed to fit with her feelings about the junkyard, though, after having the expression explained to her.

◦ ◇ ◦ ◆ ◦ ◈ ◦ ◆ ◦ ◇ ◦

we'll do it all
everything
on our own...

DragonChild09

IGmangachick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:42 am
User Image

The sound of crackling fire. "Alright boy, were having rabbit stew tonight." Nomad barked once more. Placing an iron pot on the fire, Mr. Harford began to pour some filtered water into the pot, dropping some small carrots, celery, onions, potatoes and a handful of mushrooms. Nodaway's Rabbit stew needed flour but with the little resource he had mustered in the back of his cabin, it needed a lot of sun, but with all the trees. It wasn't going to happen, but he did find a good hill where the sun was most recognized. Planting a few wheat stocks up there should give him enough for making bread and some other bread material like biscuits or bread. Placing in the cut pieces of the rabbit he began to stir a few times before taking out a handmade harmonica that he carved himself. Now getting the thing to work was hard since he hadn't had the skill to make it sing. But a fellow taught him when he was 20 so the skill was just unpolished but not perfect. Taking the harmonica to his lips he began to breathe and blow he made a few sounds as he toyed with it a few times to get a right pitch before singing a song about the days of old. Just remembering those days where life was substantial. The food sources everything, but after the whole accident he only took what was needed for survival. Luckily he had seed packs for vegetables and some ammunition that he kept from being in the military. A few ammo caches in the bedroom was enough for him to hunt with. Most likely if anyone took the ammo caches the only thing they would use it for was explosives since gunpowder was added inside the small bullets for impact. But from his day of experiences he picked up some useful tips in the field, Using a pop can, can silence a fraction of the sound, enough to keep distance from any hunting resource he might find. "Alright boy, time for dinner." as Mr. Harford took out some wooden bowls he began to pour with a ladle that he kept from the incident. Dropping some soup with meat he laid the bowl near Nomad and began to serve himself some before the it got cold. "Happy eating my friend." as Mr. Harford smiled.  

AsianBro87

Virtuous Cleric

2,700 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Trader 100

DragonChild09

Eternal Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:33 am
User Image
Leon Webb

Leon smiled a bit, glad that Cele seemed to want to help them "Thank you." he said then looked down at Molly "Isn't that nice Molly?" he said in a soft voice. Molly looked at Leon a moment and nodded then looked at Cele "Umm... thank you." she spoke quietly. Cele seemed nice, but Molly knew better than to trust people right off the bat, her and Leon both.

When Cele mentioned a warehouse run, another girl came running out of no where shouting that she wanted to join, causing Molly to jump a bit. Despite not being here long, Leon had done a few of the missions on the board, though he had only taken ones that would lead him into the forest, things like hunting and gathering since it would be alright for Molly to tag along. He noticed that look that Cele gave him and immediately understood that Molly wouldn't be able to come along. He'd been curious to see the Utopia, but was always worried about getting lost or stuck, plus he knew how Molly didn't like for him to leave.

Looking at Molly for a moment before his attention went back onto Cele, Leon nodded slightly. "It would be interesting, but do you mind if I ask a few questions before I decide?" he asked wanting to talk to Cele alone about it. "I can walk with you to Codger." he said then lowered himself a bit turning his head to Molly again. "Don't worry okay. I'll be back later, make sure you and Toby don't catch a cold." he said gently rubbing Molly's head. Molly puffed out her cheeks a bit making a pouting face but knew that Leon wasn't going to let her walk with them and nodded slightly.

Molly

User Image

IGmangachick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:25 pm
User Image
ngelica
User Image
The silhouette of a female could be seen approaching, as she wove her way through the trees, running at a swift speed. She was rushing forwards from the direction that faced the city. During rainy days like this, Angelica always utilized them for scavenging, since that would mean there was a lack of poison in the atmosphere. Despite the fact that she never ventured into the heart of the city alone and usually remained towards the outskirts as a precaution, that still didn't make her adventures risk free. Her right forearm now had a bandage carefully wrapped around it.Though Angelica was usually careful, she had received a cut out from her attempt of retrieving a bottle of cough medicine that she found in a ditch. She knew that any form of medicine was worth going out of your way to get, especially since such a resource was growing more and more scarce to find.

Once Angelica was close enough to the cave and to the log cabin that she now called home, only then did she stop running. The cabin wasn't much to look at, in fact by now it had even camouflaged with the rest of the forest, since foliage such as ivy had grown over it through the years. The wooden door with a now rusted metal knob was the only thing that made the cabin distinguishable. Angelica was surprised that the lock still worked. As she made her way inside the cabin, the interior of it was the only part that remained preserved from the ravages of nature and weather. Angelica could see her breath in the air from the cold, even when she closed the door behind her. Although the cabin at least provided some shelter, it was too unstable to light a fire in.

Angelica set her backpack down on the floor and searched through all that she had collected. Besides the cough medicine, there were two pieces of scrap metal that she felt could easily be melded into throwing daggers. Angelica had also managed to find a can of preserved fruit, something that overjoyed her. With the way that things were, canned fruit or even finding fruit in general, was a true delicacy to her. After changing into a warmer set of dry clothes and letting her cascade of crimson hair free from the ponytail it had once been in, Angelica left her cabin and headed back out into the forest.

All was still and the rain seemed to have come to a temporary slow, but that didn't mean that the weather wasn't still cold. What Angelica needed was a place to make a campfire. As she gazed up at the sky, she thought she could see smoke faintly rising from somewhere in the distance, and heard the muted sound of a harmonica. Surely, this place couldn't be too far off from where she was. Angelica had never really bothered to take the time finding others who had learned to survive outside of the city, and maybe for once, now would be a good time to do that. Angelica adjusted the strap of her backpack on her shoulder and began to head in that direction.

To her surprise, what she found was another cabin. And by the looks of it, this cabin was a stable one, unlike her own. She drew in a deep breath, considering the situation to herself. Angelica was sure there were people inside, but there were many unknown variables as to what they would be like and how they would react to her. However, the sound of the harmonica and the sight of smoke from a fire was something that she found comforting. As Angelica stepped closer to the door, the warm aroma of the soup made her start to feel even hungrier. If they had lived in a more civilized period, Angelica was sure that inviting yourself over to someone else's house would be deemed as rude. However, she knew that this would help save her the time of having to start a campfire all on her own, which would have proved difficult enough to do anyways with damp weather.

The delicate form of her hand curled into a small fist as she gave three gentle, almost tentative seeming knocks at the door. "Hello? I don't mean any harm. I don't live too far from here, and I was wondering if I could borrow some of your fire." Angelica began to say in a calm tone of voice to them from outside.

AsianBro87

Dreamatic

Astounding Prophet

IGmangachick

Fanatical Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:15 am
User Image

ELESTINEXXXEMARCO
XXXLocation: Outside Town Hall. Company: Anya, Leon, and Molly. Thoughts: Well she's... perky.

Startled by the appearance from the girl who’d popped out of a tree, Cele took a quick step back to look her over. She’d seen her before, it was hard not to have at least seen someone in such a small space all the time, but she couldn’t put the face to any name in her head. Not that it was that much of a surprise, most of the time Cele kept to herself and didn’t go out of her way to meet new people, so even if they’d seen each other around it wasn’t unusual that she wouldn’t know the girl’s name. That said, her surprise at the unknown face was nothing compared to her disbelief at the girl’s enthusiasm. Even first timers rarely were that excited to venture into the City for meager supplies, it was certainly strange this girl was so interested in something as simple as a warehouse run. Maybe her enthusiasm would rub off on the rest of the group; doubtful, but it wasn’t a bad thing to hope for.

“Spots are open, we’ll take as many people as we can get, per usual. The more people there are, the more we can carry back. If you have any additional stops we need to make up there, I’d suggest you put it on the list too, just so we can work it into the itinerary plan before we go.” Cele explained to Anya calmly as she stepped out of the way for the girl to add her name to the list. Though her memory of Anya was weak, she did know this girl had been in the city at least once before, not to mention she was too old not to have been by now, so chances were she knew the gist of things already. It was thankfully a moment she wouldn’t have to explain to a newcomer how dangerous these trips were, though admittedly Anya’s enthusiasm told her it probably wouldn’t hurt to restate the obvious. Lucky for Anya, Leon’s knowledge on the subject was a more important thing to cover than a restatement of warnings she probably didn’t want to hear.

Turning her attention back to Leon, Cele seemed relieved when he went through the trouble of telling Molly to stay put, as she wasn’t one for telling off little kids in a polite manner. However, seeing as the mission wasn’t about to start that moment, she supposed there really was no reason to shun the girl from the conversation just yet.
“She doesn’t have to go home just yet. We likely won’t leave till early tomorrow morning, as everyone will need time to gather supplies they want to bring. She’s welcome to tag along for now, it’s just a walk.” She offered lightly. Though she wasn’t in love with the idea of having a seven year old at her heels for an hour or two, she could tell the little girl didn’t like to be separated from Leon, and if it wasn’t called for just yet then there was no reason to force that on them. So she let it be up to them, after all if they didn’t have to be separated she suspected they wouldn’t, and she could mince words enough to keep a gory conversation reasonable around a child.

Taking a slow step and turn toward the direction of the rising smoke in the distance, the older of the group raised an eyebrow to the others. Her eyes encouraged Anya to join them, as it would be a good opportunity to talk about other interest points she might have had in mind and what plan of attack they could formulate for reaching them. Considering some things that might be requested weren’t waterproof, even small changes to the plan could mean finding an entirely different escape route, that’s why she was as interested in speaking about that as getting Leon informed. For the moment, however, Leon was the one already asking questions, so it was best to stay focused on that, even if her eyes were asking Anya to tag along. Without moving her gaze off the female, Cele spoke up in response to Leon, taking another slow step in the direction of the smoke to encourage movement from the others.
“You said you had questions though. I’m sure one of us can answer it.”

((Out Of Chaos:: Fixed my internet! Just fair warning for everyone now, I'm going to the beach tomorrow. I'll still be around, but I might not get my posts done every night.))

DragonChild09
Tigerlvr_Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:51 am
User Image
Leon Webb

Leon looked at Cele and the girl that had just shown up and gave a small nod. Even though Cele had said that Molly could tag along, Leon would rather her stay here. He'd heard a few people talking about the Utopia and from what he had gathered it wasn't pretty, the last thing he wanted was for Molly to hear that.

Looking at Molly who was tugging a bit on his jacket, Leon knelt down. "Molly, be a good girl and go back to the cave alright? I know you didn't sleep much last night because of the nightmares, see if you and Toby can get some sleep, okay? I'll be back soon." Leon spoke calmly. Molly looked at him, already getting a bit upset that Leon was going to leave her. Noticing that Leon smiled a bit trying to get her to relax "If you're good I'll bring some nice plants back, you'd like that right?" he asked. Molly's eyes lit up a bit and she nodded "Yeah.. can.. can you get a flower... a pretty one?" she asked quietly, wiping her eyes. Leon smiled and nodded "The prettiest." he replied rubbing Molly's head.

After a moment's hesitation, Molly nodded "Okay... pinky promise?" she asked holding out her tiny hand with her pinky finger extended. Leon nodded and wrapped his own pinky around Moll'y giving it a tiny shake and nodded his head "Pinky promise." he replied before Molly hugged him and ran off, back up the hill towards the caves.

Leon let out a small sigh and stood back up, it was going to be a bit odd to go from that into a serious conversation. Turning back to Cele he noticed that she had taken a few steps and walked over. Taking a quick glance over his shoulder to make sure Molly wasn't trying to hide and follow, Leon turned his attention onto the new girl and he held out his hand. "I'm Leon, and that little girl was Molly." he said almost forgetting to do introductions.

Molly

User Image

IGmangachick

DragonChild09

Eternal Explorer

AsianBro87

Virtuous Cleric

2,700 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:03 pm
User Image

While stirring the rabbit's meat in the wooden bowl, Mr. Harford heard three gentle knocks on his front door, Nomad got up straight and ran tot he door barking. Hm, wonder who it could be. Taking his rifle with him he began to step quietly, at the window he took a mirror and reflected any image that was outside. From the looks of it, it was a young woman. Nothing lethal from the looks of it. Putting his mirror back into his pocket he began to walk over to the door, slightly opening it while giving an order to Nomad to sit and be quiet for a few minutes. "Can I help you?" as Mr. Harford asked in response. "My fire," As Mr. Harford thought for a few moments. Slightly unlocking the lock on his door he opened it quietly. "I see, well it's burning for the moment. I advise that you don't do anything stupid. It was hard enough to find a way to make a furnace like an open camp fire in the middle of the cabin. It's not easy with what metal parts you can find nowadays." as he let her in. "Names Harford I'm a hermit of these forest. Many usually come to seek assistance and shelter so your not the only one that comes for a warm place to stay." as he grinned. "So what's your name young one." Petting Nomad on the head, Nomad came over to his bowl of soup and began to lip the warm liquid in his mouth before chowing on the meat. "Are you hungry?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
if I lay here
if I just lay here

• ● 【Anya Jourdain】 ● •

User Image

Anya stepped up to the board and quickly scrawled her name down, and adding that she wanted to make a trip to the junkyard. She felt much more calm after that, and stopped her bouncing. Cele explained what was going on, and gave her a look suggesting that she tag along. Anya gave her a small smile and turned back to the boy who had finished pinky promising the little girl he was with. He introduced himself as Leon, and the little girl who was leaving as Molly. Taking the hand the boy held out she grinned and introduced herself. "My name's Anya. It's nice to meet you." She didn't really recognize either of them, but then again she didn't spend much time in the caves, aside from when she went to fix the generators that offered them light.

◦ ◇ ◦ ◆ ◦ ◈ ◦ ◆ ◦ ◇ ◦

we'll do it all
everything
on our own...

DragonChild09

IGmangachick

((OOC: Sorry this is so short and crappy. My eyes are bugging out really badly, and I can barely see right now t-t So I decided it was best to just get through it and probably shut off the computer for the night .-.))  

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

Dreamatic

Astounding Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:22 pm
User Image
ngelica
User Image
As Angelica waited outside, she could hear the bark of a dog from within the cabin. She didn't say anything in response after knocking, but she did wonder how they would react to her. When the man opened the door, Angelica gazed up at him and dipped her head in a polite greeting. "Some help would be much appreciated. My home isn't really suitable to build a fire inside, so I was wondering if I could stay here for a bit." She said as she began to sort through some of her belongings in her leather satchel, until she found the item that she had been searching for. "I don't have much to offer, but I do have a can of peaches that I can give you in return for some shelter." Angelica then said with a polite smile.

A look of gratitude shone in her green gaze as he let her inside. It had been so long since she'd last felt the simple warmth of a fire due to the damp weather outside. Angelica sat down beside it and let out a small sigh of relief. "Thank you so much. I really needed this." She said to him. As Angelica sat in front of the fire, she brought her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them for more warmth. "So you made this furnace yourself? That's really impressive. I wish I had a manual for that, although my cabin isn't really suited for building something like this inside it anyways." Angelica began to say. "Usually I get by the cold weather with just blankets. But since today it was raining, and I was out in the city all day... Well, a fire is much appreciated."

After Angelica finished speaking, she drew out a clean roll of cloth from her satchel. Very carefully and quickly, she began to change the wrappings on her arm from where her cut was. Once finished, Angelica placed all her belongings back into her bag and set it aside. At the mention of food, a bright look now shone in her green eyes and a smile came to her face. "I'm very hungry." She began to say. However, Angelica quickly caught herself. She knew that food wasn't particularly easy to come by. "But... You really don't have to. I mean, I'm sure you both worked hard to prepare this. And it smells delicious." She gazed over her shoulder at the two of them, speaking in a calm tone of voice as she introduced herself. "I'm Angelica by the way. Nice to meet you two."

AsianBro87

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:54 pm
User Image

ELESTINEXXXEMARCO
XXXLocation: Walking. Company: Anya and Leon. Thoughts: Are they coming?

Cele was pleased to find both Leon and Anya seemed to be following her rather willingly. It would make things a lot easier if they could gather all the explorers together quickly, as it would give her an idea what she was working with. They did need to be able to work together, otherwise they risked people running off and getting lost, putting everyone at risk, and so if everyone was together ahead of time they might be able to avoid the unnecessary. Not to mention most people probably didn’t get far enough out of the village to meet the old man and his dog. Even in the 20 years Cele lived there, she could probably count all her encounters with him on one hand. But that was exactly why this was a necessary trek into the woods, because his skills still made him an important member of the community, even if he was a loner, so they couldn’t completely avoid him all the time.

While Leon sent Molly away with promises of flowers, Cele drew the wood block from her pocket and her knife from her thigh strap and began to peel the bark away with slow, steady pulls of her blade. The long strips fell like potato peels on the damp grass. Without thinking too much on it, Cele started a slow walk up the hill side, no longer watching to see if the others were following, though she assumed they were. They’d both made their introductions, so she assumed they intended to speak to one another just as much as they planned to speak to her from that point. For a moment she glanced to the sky, watching the gray clouds overhead ripple and blow in the wind, spraying rain down at a slight tilt so that it hit her right in the eye. Gripping her knife between her thumb and index finger, she used her wrist to wipe the water from her face, then pulled her hood down a little farther to prevent the same occurrence a second time.

“I wasn’t kidding when I said it’s a long walk. If you really want to get your questions out of the way we should get going.” Cele called back to the two, taking another few steps before she tilter her head to look at them. They were free to leave, she supposed, but shed been convinced that at least Leon would want to ask her something about the trip into the city, and chances were Anya had requests to discuss. She hadn’t missed the junkyard comment she’d added to the mission sheet, and Cele knew that would be quite the work around. A lot of the things from the junkyard were rust dumps, and chances were they were too heavy to bring back by water route, that was a great topic for discussion that Anya should probably be concerned about.

“By the way, Leon, you can swim, right? Because the main exit to the warehouse is by water, so it would be a problem if you couldn’t at least hold your breath and kick your feet.” The comment was not just a question to Leon, but she intended it to draw Anya’s attention as well. She didn’t really know Anya, didn’t know if she could swim either, but if her rust thought was any concern to the girl it would be a great way for her to bring it up.

((Out Of Chaos:: I'm sorry guys, it took a while and it's not even a good post, it's just that I'm on vacation and I had some writers block issues, so I couldn't come up with much.))

DragonChild09
Tigerlvr_Bailey

IGmangachick

Fanatical Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

DragonChild09

Eternal Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:41 am
User Image
Leon Webb

Leon watched as Cele took out a blade and a small chunk of wood, carving it as they walked. He had a lot of questions and wasn't really even sure how to start, and felt a bit of relief as Cele started the conversation about the trip to the city.

"Yeah, I can swim pretty well." Leon replied giving a nod thinking it was a bit odd that the main exit was a waterway. His gaze trailed off, for two reasons, one he had to find a flower for Molly, and two he didn't really want to look at anyone while he asked his questions. Leon wasn't all that great with people, he'd seen the monsters that some of them had become.

"I need to know that if something were to happen to me..." he started then hesitated a bit before he continued. "Then Molly will be taken care of, she can't be abandoned." not again. he thought the last part to himself. He was still getting use to the feel of the community, and wanted to be reassured that they would protect and help Molly if something were to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~

Molly made it back to the caves and walked inside, Toby held tightly in her arms as she had tried to protect him from the rain. Making her way through the tunnels, she made it back to the area that her and Leon shared. Sitting down on her makeshift bed she placed Toby down in a sitting position across from her. "Don't worry Toby, Leon is strong." she spoke to the toy cat, trying to reassure herself more than her doll.

Molly

User Image

IGmangachick

~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out