[Fin] You Only Live Twice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:52 pm
Lex grinned, watching KO shift things around like a slightly smug cat. He wasn't going to break anything but he was going to sprawl out. "Someone has to do something about him. Before he ended up getting someone killed." Lex privately thought the Elites should have done something before it got so out of hand.

"Tell you after i get past the first few sessions. Right now it is just something to do that doesn't involve being in medical." Lex cant his head, looking up at KO and smiled. "You are suddenly giving me ideas... mainly in calling him Star jr. and that is just horrible KO. "  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:02 pm
"I second that motion," KO agreed fervently, reaching up towards the scar on his chest again but catching himself half way and lowering his hand again. He didn't want anyone asking about that, bad enough that he had to know it was there and see it when he showered and changed.

"While I think he thoroughly deserves to be called Star Jr. for blowing our cover like that I think you'd have to spend quite a lot of time explaining the joke to him which is probably more effort than it's worth," KO continued, reaching for his washkit again and fetching out a little file to perfect the shape of his short nails. "Maybe you could call him... I don't know, does he know what a Magikarp is? Or some kind of," he waved the file, "sailing related name. Like swabbie or something."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:52 am
Lex ignored the motion, he wasn't going to pry into KO life and death situation when it was already weird.

"Yeah, he has an idea what a Magikarp is but I was told while should you bother training a Magikarp when you can just get a bad a** right off the bat by capturing a Gyarados." Lex gave a soft annoyed sound. "Makes me hope just the ittiest bit that something bad a** tries to eat him some day."

"Anyhow... want a fortune telling?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:58 am
KO couldn't help but feel that Clancy had a good point, who'd want to bother with a Magikarp of all things? Oh sure they were easier to catch but what a drag, and there were easier ways to go about things than just capturing. "I'd rather just get a Gyarados made in the labs for me, shame they don't offer them," KO replied, looking up from his nails with another tired smirky-smile and a shrug. "And sure, why not?" He didn't believe in it for a moment but it was kind of fun to see what Lex came out with and it was normal, he could do with plenty of normal right now.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:09 pm
"Mmhm, now that a possibility that could work well for you." Lex mused. "And yes... though I am horribly rusty." He hadn't done a proper fortune telling in ages. He sat up carefully, and slower then usual and glanced around.

"Going to need a solid surface to toss my coins on to get a actual telling, and ehh, if you want to give me a strand of hair as a focus, might get something more personal." Lex fished the necklace and the three coins that had been pressed against his skin from under his shirt.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:32 pm
"Well, you can have the floor or I can clean off the desk," KO replied, getting to his feet and reaching up to tug out a strand of hair. It was stupid, completely unscientific, but it gave Lex pleasure and Lex had just spent a month thinking he was dead.... And again it was normal, mundane, not creepy and inexplicable. "Here," he passed over the stand of hair, "go ahead and do your thing."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:39 pm
"Floor should be okay then..." Lex shifted, carefully getting down and just as carefully sitting down with a small grunt of complaint and took the single hair, carefully winding it around his pinking finger.

"okay then," he said, pouring the coins in his hands and shifted them a bit, focusing on the symbols on the side before tossing them for the first line. "Eight, young yin, broken line." He said more for himself before gathering the coins and tossing them five more times.

"8, 8, 7 would be Shake the Thunder spirit, and 8, 7, 7, would be Open the water spirit. All Young so just a primary reading for you...." Lex paused, going over the 64 hexagrams making up the I ching. "Converting the Maiden."

Okay, he had expected to get that one for KO. "Do you want me to give you the read or try again?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:48 pm
KO sauntered over to his desk, perched on the edge and looked down at Lex with a smirk. "Oh go on, tell me how I convert this maiden."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:05 pm
Lex settled in giving a slight hum as he idly traced the lines on the floor in thought, collecting himself. "First off, this makes you the maiden, Converting the Maiden is actually a Hexagram ideogram is woman and not -yet and built all along the line of marriage."

"Which is sexist but this was created in 206 BCE so we will give them some slack, basically it is the hexagram of subordinate or servile and transforming through hidden potential."

"So, you primary hexagram is foretelling a choice or transformation beyond you control that will open up a new pathway and showcase your potential. You don't have a relating figure because no of your lines are transforming lines."

"I could give you a Hidden Possibility and Opposing Hexagram if you want. " He didn't usually offer, but then, most people had transforming lines for him to find relating figures for.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:10 pm
KO couldn't help but laugh. "Oh my, really? But I never hide my potential and I'm pretty sure I couldn't have been described as a maiden for more than fifteen years anyway." Servile! Well this had certainly had the desired effect of making him feel better. "I suppose nearly dying was beyond my control though, more or less, though I don't see how it really transforms me or shows off my potential as anything other than extremely lucky. What's a hidden possibility and an opposing hexagram again?" Lex had probably explained at some point in the past but he didn't recall the details of the little game.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:16 pm
"Opposing is your opposite in this case it would Gradual Advancing, where you don't take the initiative but wait for things to come to you, or step by step motion. The Eldest daughters wedding," Lex grinned slightly.

"Hidden is either a goal or a warning, it can go either way. It would be made out of the spirits for Gore and mmhm Radiance," he finally unpacked the lines in his head. "Took me a moment, Opposing is easy but hidden ones are a bit more tricky."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:20 pm
"Gore? I think I've had enough gore for now," KO replied with a wry smile. He had very little idea of what anything Lex had just said said meant but, again, not the point. "So there's something beyond my control that will open up new possibilities for me, but I take the initiative? At a wedding. Well it wouldn't be the first time. What about you? Do you next."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:28 pm
"More that things are already in motion beyond your control that will land you in a spot of fortune if you choose to take it." Lex smoothed out, flushing a tad and started to slowly unwind the hair. "I am rusty at this."

"Could be that you are being consider for some sort of promotion. Or a deeper need such as a the next step in a relationship. But you need to take the next step forward by being receptive and adaptable and let the old go to embrace the new."

"Yeah, I think I managed to unpack that one into something more understandable." Lex chuckled and rubbed his hands reaching up to captured a bit of his own hair and wind it around his pinkie finger. "Wouldn't do this normally but then, I wouldn't normally have bits of your aura on me between readings, usually I keep sea salt on hand to purify."

"Okay, me." He said and started tossing the coins.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:32 pm
"Well I am very flexible, so I suppose that will help," KO replied with a smirk that clearly said that the 'flexible' he meant had nothing to do with being adaptable. "That too though," he acknowledged. "It would be nice to think I'm being considered for promotion, I mean I did catch two legendaries recently." Sheer luck but a bit of bragging was good fun, least he thought it was.

"I haven't got any pure sea salt, but I've got a sea salt scrub if that'll help," he added as an afterthought.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:41 pm
Lex snorted and tried to keep a straight face before laughing at the use of flexible. "Yeah, I like to consider myself rather flexible as well," he replied and rubbed the coins between his palms before casting them out.

"It should be okay... might do a duo reading, sometimes it helps." He hummed, adding the numbers of his first toss and continued till he had six.

"Prospering with a turn that means the relating Hexagram would be Gnaw and Biting. Opposite is attending and hidden would be difficulties."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff