[FIN] Unsnuffed. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:25 pm
"Ha! You do have trouble with specifics don't you?" KO lounged back in his chair, he had a feline's way of seeming comfortable no matter how unpleasant the furniture he was sitting on. "I meant what's your speciality, your skill set. Myself, I'm a chemist, so I do grunt work in the labs but I'm also working with Agent Tambery on a couple of projects right now; our skill sets compliment on another well. Our work ought to result in faster more efficient growth of cloned pokemon in the labs." And there was the sweet scent project too but he chose not to mention that, it was a bit more complicated to explain and he didn't feel like trying to dumb it down for Clancy over dinner.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:30 pm
As KO explained the work he did, Clancy just narrowed his eyes properly; KO was making it sound quite impressive... Science and labs and an Agent's name (he'd met that one right?) and things that definitely didn't compare to his version of grunt work, he thought.

"... Plumbin'. Some 'leccy. Little bit o' mechanical engineering." They had his unclogging toilets, replacing lightbulbs and basically being a janitor, when he wasn't injured, that was.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:44 am
Plumbing? KO covered his smirk by taking a sip of his juice. Oh it was a necessary skill of course but... well, it didn't exactly take brains now did it? "Are you going to join the engineering department then?" he asked, taking a bite of the fish pie which turned out to be quite nice even if the kind of fish was completely unidentifiable. One day he'd ask Tam if she knew whether or not ex-lab pokemon ended up in the back of the canteen in a pot.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:05 pm
"Aye, I'd guess so. Gotta 'ave someone 'oo can tinker wi' hydraulics and back-flow systems, eh? Ain't got no bloody idea about them dinky 'bots and the like, but ya want cooling systems, waste disposal pipes, fluid dumps... Little bit o' jiggery with some circuitry... I can do that bloody lark, alright." Honestly he hadn't -really- thought about his specialization all that much, though he hoped it didn't show too much; he'd just gotten rather used to fixing things in maintenance or janitorial duties.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:23 pm
Hydraulics? Well that was a bit more interesting. "All very necessary to keep this complicated place running," KO acknowledged with an airy wave of his hand at their general surroundings. "So do you know how they manage the airflow in here?" That could potentially be relevant to the sweet scent project; it needed to be deployable anywhere, but having the possibility of pumping it through the air ducts - or whatever the place had - would be good as guard against possible future invasion, either by the good 'authorities' or by a rival organization. They did still have Deimos in the cells somewhere right? Ha, the little idiot was probably completely mad by now and no Tehtys to come and save him! For all the dread her name appear to inspire KO was unimpressed by her complete failure to appear on the scene and attempt some kind of daring rescue.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:36 pm
The airflow...

Clancy blinked as though he'd never considered the question to be all that important, but he actually did have some idea, specifically considering he'd run maintenance on some of the lower security components before.

"Eh... Well." He looked around until he spotted a somewhat boxy shape clinging to both the ceiling and the wall in a corner. "You see the doodad up there? Bloomin' thing is 'suckin' the air outta the duct and pushin' it in here. Bloody gurt fans and wind traps take air in from channels up surface-wise. Whole units o' box-things do the scrubbin' and the like... Ya know, them CO2 scrubbers, that kinda thing. Helps recycle the bloody air in here too. Cuts back on surface demands to lower the blinkin' power output and conspi... conpical... Makes us less bloody obvious up there cuz we're not havin' great big shafts all over the bloody place."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:47 pm
It was almost like trying to follow a story being told by somebody who was very drunk while you were sober. Luckily KO had some experience with this and managed to piece it together into something he could understand despite the lack of any actual names for anything; he was familiar with the concept of CO2 scrubbers from rebreathers as applied to medical treatments at least, which helped.

"I did wonder how we got away with that," KO said thoughtfully. "Come to that what about our water? The base must use a lot, it would be obvious if we took everything we needed from the lake. Are water pokemon used to create it at all?" Amazing things really, pokemon. Feed them right and they could do things technology could barely scratch at, though of course some people had objections to using them as he had suggested. KO had absolutely no patience with such sentiment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:13 pm
"Eh... I don't know 'bout all that lark... I ain't seen no critter pumps but then I ain't really got the uppity rank to go pokin' 'bout with our sources. I just fix the pipes and tell the water we already use where to bloody go... Course, I gotta weigh in if'n there's some pressure flow issue, but if'n it's some bloody 'source' thing, it's gotta go through the right bloomin' channels and all that much, I just get lumped with the grunt work..." Because, of course, he was a grunt.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:23 pm
Uppity rank. Uppity rank. Did he even try? "Well we are grunts," KO pointed out with a raised eyebrow; he hoped not to be one for much longer himself but it was impossible to guess when one of the 'uppities' might deem him worthy of a white uniform. His own room! Ugh, he could not wait to have his own room and a bathroom he only had to share with one other person!

"Was that last mission your first one?" KO asked after a moment as the thought occurred to him. He'd done a little field work for Galactic when called upon, and after leaving he'd done rather more on his own behalf as he tried to make a living, but nothing like what they'd just been through. It was not an experience he was keen to repeat but, until he was promoted, he was going to have to keep volunteering himself. Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:29 pm
"Yeah, yeah... We're bloody grunts. Just above bloomin' 'trainees' and all that rubbish... Trainee rank 'cept we know what we're bloody well doin', or summat like that, eh?"

The wheelchair bound man perked up as he was asked if it had been his first mission though.
"Aye!" He grinned, and despite the chair, and other peoples' memories, likely telling a different story...
"I think I did pretty bloody well, too, not t' toot me own 'orn or nothin'..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:39 pm
KO ate some fish pie and managed to keep a neutral demeanour. Pretty bloody well? Really? KO swallowed and made a vague, languid gesture with his fork. "You know, asking for official feedback would show good initiative," he drawled casually. "I spoke to elite Claire when I returned to base myself, just to make sure I was heading in the right direction you know? Obviously as they weren't witness to everything there's only so much she or Rook could give their thoughts on so much but even so, it might be a good thing for you to do."

He thought he'd done well - besides possibly dying which was not his fault - but Claire had had plenty to suggest he improve on, and much as he didn't like to admit to being less than perfect they'd all been fair comments. If she'd had constructive criticism for him however he would love to be a fly on the wall for her words to Clancy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:03 pm
"Oh, ya think so? I kinda thought they'd all be too bloody busy to deal with us grunty lot, ya see... Would be nice to hear 'bout m' efforts from someone 'bove though... Get a flamin' good start on 'avin' a leg up into agenthood, eh? So, 'ow'd that go for you then?" Clancy smirked and attempted to mimic what he thought might have been said by Elite Claire..
"Well done on capturin' Stagmatron, shame 'bout almost dyin' and then disappearin' on a Kalos vacation- don't bloomin well do that again?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:15 pm
Humm, should he try to correct Clancy on the name if he was going to go and meet with one of the elites? Probably but he wasn't going to, and there was probably no point anyway. He smirked and shrugged easily. "A little like that, I suppose. She gave me some useful suggestions about my team too and a reminder to keep up my own fitness and training, not that I needed telling that but I suppose it was a sensible thing for her to say." When he was an Agent he'd be able to bring weapons with him into the field; if he'd had his staff he could have zapped the Champion and saved them all a whole lot of trouble.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:36 pm
"Eh? Ain't that bloody obvious though? 'Oo the 'ell doesn't keep 'emselves in good shape?" Clancy asked, before stuffing a large forkful of his, now, mixture of a meal into his face.
"Hrmff. Mayffbee I'f vfill fook 'nta," he swallowed "seein' an 'igher up... Gotta talk to 'em about my bloody arsehole any'ow..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:42 pm
KO choked on his juice and spent a good half a minute coughing and wheezing before he could gasp; "Come again? That sounds like a problem for medical to me, unless you're trying to lodge a complaint about somebody? Lubricant is your friend!"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff