Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:44 am
Claire's expression changed from confusion to mild annoyance and back to confusion again as Clancy spoke and continued to not address things properly - things she'd literally just said. Her frown returned and deepened a bit. "Pokemon, and Xerneas," she corrected him again, "and do you mean Agent Frost?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:23 am
"Aye! Them and 'im!" Clancy agreed with a firm nod. " 'E just went an' blurted out th' whole bloody plan 's all..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:35 pm
"From what I understand, by that point the mission was more or less compromised anyway; Diantha had become far too suspicious and in all likelihood would've accused everyone shortly after that if Frost hadn't made the first move. He wouldn't have just 'blurted out' the plan without a good reason for doing so," Claire assured him as she folded her hands over her lap again. "He, like most Agents, didn't become one without good reason. Agents are typically knowledgeable, capable, and experienced - which is why it's usually a poor idea to pick a fight with them or their pokemon," the elite pointed out. "You had an altercation with Agent Jerome's Gengar, if I recall."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:48 pm
"Eh, well! We mighta been a'right; coulda led 'er off track or summat, but guess wot's done's done... Oh!" Clancy's eyes narrowed at the reminder "That purple b*****d! Aye! 'E needs reignin' in, does that bloody menace! Went and 'it me in the bloody moosh, 'e did! 'Ad to pretend some pebbly blighters did it!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:09 pm
Claire's frown deepened. "I think you're severely underestimating her. Champions of the Pokemon League are incredibly powerful trainers. They don't become Champions for little or no reason," the elite informed him as she tilted her head down a bit, watching him carefully. "As for your altercation, you openly insulted Agent Jerome's pokemon, and by extension you insulted Agent Jerome himself. Honestly, a punch in the face was a very minor - and very brief - punishment for your insubordination. You should be glad that's all you received for that." Her quiet, firm tones and severe expression hinted that there were much worse fates that awaited grunts who insulted their superiors to their faces.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:11 am
"Eh... I ain't never really paid no attention to all that league nonsense. They really all that bloody amazing?" Clancy asked, not seeming totally convinced.
As Claire spoke about Jerome and his Gengar, Clancy, again, winced at the memory of the punch.
He was about to protest, but thought better of it, and instead asked a question.
"... 'Ow'd I insult Agent Jerome? Ain't got no bloomin' issue wi' 'im, just 'is windbag..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:38 pm
"Yes," Claire said in clipped tones, "they are. Tell me something: How long do you think your pokemon would last if they battled mine?" The elite asked as she folded her hands atop her desk and looked at him with an expression of only very mild irritation.

"You insulted one of Agent Jerome's pokemon," Claire repeated, then corrected him, "his Gengar. As he himself told you, he's worked with that one in particular for a long time and trusts him absolutely. You insulted one of his pokemon, and so by extension you insulted him as well. Do you understand?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:37 pm
"Eh... I guess maybe coupla minutes? Guessin' ya ain't got the rank ya got bein' a pushover, and I seen agents I wouldn't fancy tangoin' with when it came to the bloody critter scrappin'..." Clancy admitted, somewhat curiously; she was, he supposed, setting up to make a point about just how strong the League could be... and he was rather interested in that now.
He was, however, not entirely sure he got what she was saying about Bro and Jerome at first, but a creeping suspicion was making it's way into the back of his head.
"... Y' mean... Like me and Mircalla? 'S me Carvanha. She's pretty special f'r a critter. 'S 'is Genkah sorta like that to 'im? 'Cuz it jus' seemed bloody dumb and violent to muggin's 'ere. But, yeah, may'aps I get it..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:40 am
"It probably wouldn't last much longer than how long it would take you to let your Pokemon out," the elite said, "but if you like we can test that theory in one of the training rooms sometime. But, to put it into perspective, if I went up against a League champion by myself with only my team of Pokemon, I would lose. It would probably take a bit, but I would still lose in the end, unless I found some way to get a strong upper hand or if my Pokemon all had type advantages over the champion's Pokemon."

When Clancy finished speaking, Claire's eyebrows rose a bit and she turned to type a quick note into her computer: 'Grunt can remember species names despite apparent ignorance of them.' That done, she turned to him once more, "Exactly. How would you feel if I said, say," she leaned forward and leaned her folded hands on her desk and said in cool tones, "that Mircalla is a useless Pokemon and nothing more than an unappetizing lump of oversized cat food?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:01 pm
"Right-oh! Bloomin' 'eck, they are right ruddy tough blighters then?" Clancy's eyebrows rose in contemplation of what it would take to take down an elite's pokémon and for that elite to be /sure/ of such a defeat.
An offer of training against Claire in the training rooms was an interesting prospect though; he did understand- even if he didn't like it- that training was how the pokémon got tougher, better, more useful.
"Aye, and if'n we may do that bit o' trainin', I think I'd find it bloody useful, for sure..."

He frowned, looked somewhat offended, then suspicious.
"Ey! What? But I know she bloody well ain't! Wait. Oo is sayin' that? 'S that what that purple blighter's owner's sayin' now?!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:39 pm
Claire passed over his initial comment with nothing but a nod - either because she didn't feel it needed further comment, or because she didn't understand enough of his sentence to know how to comment further - then nodded once more. "If you'd learn from it, we can schedule a training session sometime."

The elite snorted lightly at Clancy's response. "No one is saying that but me, and only to give you an example. Did me saying that offend you or make you upset?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:36 pm
"O' course it flamin' did! Mircalla's me flamin' top fish! Rest of the blightahs might be weird old crazy critters but m' fish! She's flamin' /useful/ and /ferocious/, she flamin' is! Damned loyal for a bloody critter! Better 'n some bloom'n' people, she is!" Clancy explained, still a bit huffy about the whole idea.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:12 pm
"What I said seems to have upset you a great deal," Claire noted with a lift of her eyebrows. "Good. Someone else insulted your top pokemon and that made you angry at that person, correct? Now let's turn that around: You insulted Jerome's top pokemon and that made him upset at you." There were faint undertones of 'why do I have to explain kindergarten logic to you' in her voice as she explained. "It's the same thing. Do you understand now?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:09 pm
There was a pause... perhaps a glimpse of enlightenment in Clancy's eyes... and then he had to go and ruin it by slowly shaking his head and opening his mouth.

"Yeah, but Mirc's me /top fish/. Absolute top 'ole gal, she is. She's bloomin' top fish an' wi' me f'r long. 'At spook ain't n' fish. 'S a spook. Y'mean t'say that ol' fancy tatt's thinks 'is windbag's top, 'm sure, but 'is windbag ain't no top fish..."

And then, as though trying to reach a compromise.

"I s'pose... if he ain't ne'r had a top fish, 'e might s'pose that windbag's th' best o' the best, an' the cream o' the bloody crop..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:05 pm
Her lips pursed into a thin, flat line. She drew in a deep breath through her nose, held it for a few moments, then exhaled. "Regardless, the fact of the matter is you insulted his top pokemon. Pokemon are an ext--" She paused to rethink her statement and instead restarted with, "Insulting another Rocket's pokemon is like insulting that Rocket directly. If the pokemon is one of your best, or your favorites, the insult is even more poignant. Stronger," she amended with the air of one who was doing their best to phrase things in ways a toddler would understand. "Does that make sense?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff