Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[PRP] Advertising (Dawson & Davyne) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:11 pm
"Oh she's people alright," Dawson said with a chuckle. "Got her own opinions n' everythin'. Trust me, we don' always see eye to eye. But we a team, n' she chose me, so s'all good." He would have made a Harry Potter reference—the wand chooses the wizard—but he wasn't sure if Halloween had an equivalent.

"Sometimes we can get 'em in this thing called a golem too, lets 'em walk around in a real body fer a bit. Otherwise—" Dawson desummoned the shield and tapped at the necklace of teeth that appeared around his neck. "—they stay in totem form 'til we call 'em. S'their job t'heal us when we go down n' stuff too; part've the bond n' all."

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:42 am
Looking vaguely amazed, Davyne considered the level of skill needed to make an object have a personality all their own. It was far beyond anything she could muster, that was for sure. "That's... absolutely incredible, indeed. You must have very skilled Sorcerers at your disposal!"

The totem form seemed interesting, as well - her whip simply disappeared when she desummoned it, so the idea of a weapon having two forms was quite intriguing. Three, if you counted the golem thing he mentioned! "And you say you're the human side of keeping things calm between the worlds? How exactly does that function? You seem to be quite well-equipped for battle," she noted. "Is that a regular occurrence? Do you have duties non-related to battle?"

medigel

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:08 am
"Uh." Should he be telling a student this kind of stuff? Syn wasn't putting up any objections; if anything, she was intrigued about the ghoul. Mildly bored since they weren't fighting, but intrigued nonetheless. "It's, uh. Well, not sorcerers, we don't have magic or nothing, it's all special tech. Runics." Although Dawson supposed it did sound a lot like sorcery, especially given the additional talking weapon bit. He almost mentioned Clarke's Third Law but decided that would make it just too confusing.

But hey, at least the whip was gone, right?

"We got a lot a'people on the ground," he explained. "They sort us up based on what kinda work we focus on. I'ma Moon," he tugged his coat to show her the crescent gold design, "so my primary stuff's defense. Some people go into like infirmary work n' field medicine, but m'no real good at that. I'm more a construction n' meatshield kinda guy. But, uh...yeah, fightin' tends t'happen a lot." He scratched under his hat a little sheepishly. "S'kinda why I was a lil' tense back there. Most people don' like us on this side."

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:33 am
Tech? Oh, technology; that made sense, she supposed, even if she couldn't quite wrap her head around how they'd managed it. Nodding to show that she understood, she listened attentively to his explanation of the humans with Fear shields and weapons, finding herself more impassioned with curiousity than she had felt anything in a long while. It was hardly a practical emotion, but on the other hand... there were so many things to learn here! Her hands were moving to and fro, and had she been less of a calm individual she probably would have bounced on the balls of her feet in excitement.

"I see!" She'd probably used up a whole year's quota of exclamation marks in this one conversation only, "that does seem to be most practical; creeple do have differing competences, after all. Or what did you call it - 'people'?"

The tenseness was quite logical as well, if he was normally met with hostility. "Of course - I understand," Davyne said seriously, absolving him of any lingering guilt over his impoliteness.

"As to creeple not liking you..." she sighed, shook her head in dismay, "truthfully, it does not surprise me. There are many who find DETH and its ideals a waste of time; that they would think the same, or less, of humans with the same mindset as us does not come as a shock." She sighed again, heavier this time; "nonetheless, it is unfortunate that they persist as they do. Do take care should you encounter any, yes? Even a, what was it, a 'meatshield' must exercise due caution." She levelled him with a serious stare, as though the weight of her look alone would force him to be sensible in his dealings with hostile creeple.

medigel

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:24 pm
"Creeple! Ahah!" Dawson was genuinely cracking up over all these little puns--being quite a punster himself-but he quickly cleared his throat and added, "Sawrynooffense." Especially when she was leveling him a look like that.

"But uh...Fer what it's worth, I think that's a good cause you got there. Things'd be way easier if we had peace, 'specially since y'all need to live n' stuff. Or uh. Unlive, I-I guess, f'yer undead or a ghost or somethin'."

He scratched his chin self-consciously, paused, and then held it out.

"Never dropped my name! It's Dawson," he introduced himself.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:08 am
"None taken," which was true, even if she didn't quite understand what had prompted the humour. Human peculiarities, perhaps?

At his words, she deigned him with the smallest of smiles - or what would have been so on anyone else. On Davyne, this was the greatest of smiles, for she was not particularly good at emoting. She was, in fact, complete rubbish at it, something her scarents had often lamented. Nonetheless, she was making an effort for once.

"Davyne," she nodded, gingerly holding out her hand to take his. That was the proper way of it, yes? Her handshake was limp and unsure but again, effort. "I am pleased to meet you." And it was actually true; this had been a most enlightening, if not mindblowing conversation - her head was still spinning, running over all the things she'd learned. Humans with Fear shields!

medigel
is he holding out his hand or his chin?? I'm assuming hand (sorry if I got it wrong!)

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:11 pm
"Nice t'meetcha, Davyne." He awkwardly tried to give her hand a firm shake nonetheless; these were quite Important after all. "Don' take it hard if another hunter attacks you or somethin', yeah? Mean, not all've 'em 'r as unnerstandin' as me. But if s**t hits the fan, y'know, I'll try t'keep it suppressed. Speakin' of..."

Dawson turned his head. Something was stirring in another room, and immediate the hair on his arms began to rise. "I should, uh, probly go check that out. Supposed t'be on patrol." Gulp. "But yeah, you ever got questions about us or somethin', uh...Well normally I'd say let's exchange numbers, but I don' think it'd be compatible with my phone, hah...I could probly ask someone back at base about it anyway, though?"

Ephebe
dlfkgjsdklfj yes his hand, his chin would be.....something else.........

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:21 pm
She nodded, not complying all that well with his attempt for a firm shake before retracting her hand, attempting to figure out what had him on alert. It was a no-go, sadly.

"Yes, that would be appreciated." She had the feeling she might have a few questions once things had settled in more. "Perhaps I should give you mine? For you to hold on to in case you figure something out at your base."

medigel
xDDDD

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:02 pm
"Here, yeah." He pulled out his phone and almost gave it over; then he realized that even for him, that would have been stupid.

Once Davyne dictated the number, he stored it for later use and put his phone away. As he summoned his shield back up, Dawson grimaced. Talking to people, sure; going straight up to spooky things, God no. "Maybe you can grab like a disposable phone or somethin' fer next time?" he suggested. "F'not, I'll see if I can get one back home. Doubt we got any, though, we usually so focused on our s**t...Uh, stuff. But it was nice t'meet ya, hun." The grimace lessened in lieu of more of a smile. "Really is nice t'know y'all all ain' bad. Really."

Ephebe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:10 pm
Davyne rattled off her number, glad that her scarents had forced her into getting an eyephone after all. Really, she didn't use it much so it was quite nice that it finally came in handy for something.

"I'll see about that," she promised with a nod. "And likewise - it has been a most fascinating conversation. I wish you luck in your duties."

This had definitely given her a different perspective on humans, and she would have to ruminate on it for the next few days. For now, the main goal was finding her way back to school - she'd quite forgotten her goal of advertising for DETH, more interested in heading back to her dorm and having a good, long think.

medigel

Ephebe

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas