Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:01 pm
"Eh? Nah." Clancy shook his head, though he did look nonplussed as he was called an 'addle-brained home-county pillock'... His brain wasn't full of adders!
"So y' mean a 'earin' aid... Right. And nah. Ain't just the ladies. 'Nuff 'bout that though... 'M willin' to forgive, f'get, start over... And, yeah," He nodded after a moment. "Second 'un. See, I can natter wi' Dragon types, so it's gotta 've been Dragon-hairs."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:07 pm
Oh? Aulus' eyebrows rose a fraction. Had he understood what he thought he'd understood? He was pretty sure he had. Well that was... nice to know? Sort of? He wasn't sure he wanted any fellow feeling with this prat but there it was, hurray for the non heterosexuals? Possibly.

"Well, forget it then," Aulus agreed with a shrug, spearing and munching a couple of carrot pieces before continuing with; "And it's Dragonaire, not dragon-hair. Air, because it's a dragon that flies in the air right?" Not all names made that much sense but where there was logic - or at least appeared to be logic - supplying it to a brain like Clancy's seemed to be a good idea.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:17 pm
"That thing can flamin' fly?! It's a flamin' wormy doodad!" Clancy seemed very surprised, and possibly excited, to learn that 'Dragonaire' could fly. Still that probably /would/ help him learn the things name... Even if he didn't manage to spell it properly.
"I wonder if Lex even bloody knows that..." The redhead mumbled, before chewing on another piece of meat thoughtfully.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:25 pm
"Lex?" Aulus laughed and shook his head, all the tension flowing out of his body as amusement swelled instead. "Probably not, the tit used to wear it as a scarf. I don't think he knows much about pokemon beyond 'baby's first strategy guide'. If you've been taking advice from him be a bit careful! He might have steered you right but he might not."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:31 pm
"Eh? Well he taught me a few things 'bout me bloody arse'ole... Er. Not arse'ole... Wotsit. Abseil. Eh. Weird shaggy 'air horn-dog thing... And I got a bit o' advice on 'ow to use me bloody 'dex..." Clancy admitted; he didn't -really- like admitting he'd been taught things, but still, credit where credit was due, Lex /had/ taught him a fair bit about using his 'dex.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:33 pm
"Mmh?" Aulus' brows rose a little again as meaning became clear. "I have an Absol too, they're pretty awesome," he said once he'd swallowed. "Perhaps we should let them meet up sometime, Tortie doesn't see others of her kind all that often.... Do you remember what Lex told you about then? Absols I mean. They haven't got quite such an easy name to remember I suppose."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:39 pm
"That's more or less wot 'e bloody said... That they were good, and that mine 'ad 'all physical moves' or summat like that... Eh. I think 'arsehole' suits mine fine... Bloody thing keeps jabbin' me or runnin' 'er mouth, not that I understand a bloody word. Ya think yours could teach 'er some bloody respect 'r summat?"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:45 pm
"Posssssibly?" Aulus hazarded with a thoughtful frown. "In the end though you've really go to do it yourself if you want the respect to last, and to build an understanding that lets you work together well in the field. We can see if we can build some kind of better understanding though, it's new to you?"

Heh, and so now Lex was paying attention to physical vs special moves was he? Wonder where he got that idea! It would remain forever a mystery. Aulus smirked to himself into his glass of water.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:04 pm
"New t' me? Nah, me and Mircalla get 'long like a flamin' house on fire. 'S the rest of them that cause flamin' issues, and m'... Abble... is the newest and the flippin' worst o' the flamin' lot..." Clancy huffed and jabbed at his meat. "Bloody things should just flamin' work 'ow we need 'em, when we need 'em..." And they shouldn't be fluffy, cutesy, or weak, but those were other issues...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:25 pm
Okay, this was getting frustrating again. Aulus pursed his lips at Clancy. "Absol, I literally just said it. It's two syllables. Do you have a problem with your ears, or did you eat paint chips as a child?" Uuuuuuugh! Patience, patience. Aulus let out a sharp breath through his nose and shook his head. "And you can't just expect to turn them on and off and direct them like machines any more than you can humans. If you want to I'll work with you on training them but until you change your attitude there's really only so far we can get."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:20 pm
"Paint chips? Nah. Pretty sure I ate a fair bit o' playdough though.. Eh. Absol, Abble, Apple, Apslow... 'S all the same. 'S not like you din't know what I was bloody talkin' 'bout any'ow..." Clancy frowned, choosing to work on his chips for a moment. "Ain't see why f'r all that. Ain't we got tech so we flippin' /can/ turn the useless ones on an' off yet? Or summat science-wizard-y that makes 'em like it? Couldn't y' galfriend whip summat like that up?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:30 pm
This man really was insufferable; listening to him talk was like listening to nails being dragged down a chalk board, stupid nails with stupid opinions.

Aulus scowled. "No we don't- What?"

The use of the world 'galfriend' not only derailed his building rant but also ripped up the tracks and melted down the engine for scrap. Aulus found himself staring at Clancy lost for words for a couple of moments but soon enough he managed; "Galfriend? Do you mean Tambery? She's my partner not my girlfriend! Rory's her boyfriend." Not that he deserved her, mediocre twit that he was, but Tam apparently liked him and so he tried not to be critical even though she deserved better. He was sure that Rory didn't appreciate her like he ought to.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:38 pm
"We don't? Eh. Should..." Clancy muttered, stuffing more food into his face and chewing, then raising his eyebrows at what Aulus choose to focus on and the information he was suddenly giving him.
He, thankfully, remembered to chew and swallow before answering this time... or, well, perhaps he didn't remember and it was just luck that he did.

" Right, 'er." He hadn't actually bothered to learn -everyone's- name on the mission, and apparently hadn't considered it important to learn her name either...

" 'Oo the bloody 'ell's Rory? Ya sure? Eh, well. Partners end up bloody close so ya might be 's far as I bloody know. Any'ow, she's one o' them science boffins right? And then y' got Faleen," /Her/ name he remembered; she had good taste in pokémon, except for that little 'Scrappy-doo' or whatever the thing that had tried to shatter his shin was called "and she can do all that bloody tech-y stuff. She's an agent too and all yoos lot know 'chother, doncha?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:55 pm
Aulus narrowed his eyes. "Yes. 'Her'. I hope you can get her name right in future, I won't tolerate you disrespecting her. Rory's an Agent in the same department as Tambery not that he's in anything like the same class as her." He was pretty sure that Rory had only made it to Agent by hanging onto Tam's coattails but, again, he hadn't said that and he really did try to avoid showing his dislike of the man to her. Luckily the blond waste of oxygen didn't come up often in conversation so he didn't have to think about it much.

"And what you're describing it too complicated, we're advanced but not advanced enough to directly control a pokemon's brain. Even if we were it would just be a crutch for rockets too weak or lazy to train their team properly, and it would prevent pokemon from reaching their full potential." At least he assumed it would, there was no substitute for teamwork between independent minds in his opinion.

"Oh, and you can stop speculating about the nature of our relationship while you're at it," Aulus added with another dark scowl, this whole conversation was really starting to irritate him.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:11 pm
Clancy snickered a little.
"Ya sure ya ain't an item?" and then put his hands up, again, in defense. "Eh. Wotever. 'Ooever y'r sleepin' with ain't my business, and I ain't gonna say owt more 'bout it to no one, y' 'ave my word." A word that Clancy honestly didn't put any stock in /himself/ but he knew people often said that to pacify someone else, or promise they could be trusted.

He picked up his utensils once more, and carved up some steak, taking two good mouthfuls as he thought about the rest of what Aulus said before something twigged.
" 'Ey up! Did y' just call me lazy? Cuz I don't think that's bloody fair; 'mount o' bloody work I do 'round here... Any'ow, I don't see 'ow it'd be an issue. Flippin' motto's 'use critters f'r profit' ain't it? So y'd make a gain if'n y' could just mind control the flippin' things..."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff