[FIN] Grew a New Friend Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:22 am
"Imperator," KO nodded, "let's go with that." He could always change it later if he decided he didn't like it after all, it was a bit of a hassle but hardly the worst thing in the world. "And a Porygon-Z humm?" he peered at the screen with interest. "They're an interesting anomaly that line, aren't they? Living code. Sort of living. Certainly able to pass the Turing test and after that who's counting? I think I know some humans that couldn't pass the Turing test," KO smirked and then, slightly belatedly he added; "And hello to him too."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:44 am
"Okay..." Tambrey tapped her screen, quickly entering the name for the records. If KO named the Ralts something else later, she could easily just open the file and change the name; the specimen designation provided a lab identity anyway.

"Mhm. He's very useful as well. He's, uh, actually named Turing; I thought it was appropriate." She smirked at the comment; she probably knew one or two if she really thought about it.

Turing, apparently sensing his name and that KO was telling him 'hello' caused the device to chime, and his sprite formed another speech bubble.
<< (●>∀<●) >>

"So, um. Have you got a ball picked out for him or, uh, are we using a standard?" The lab, of course, could provide pokéballs, but so often people seemed to want to specific balls of their own.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:05 pm
"He is? No way." KO gave one of his little smirky grins at the waving emote. "Well it's very apt then!" Having seen how useful a Rotom's abilities were had made him think a little more about some of the more unusual applications for pokemon, and had made him ponder getting a Porygon. It would certainly be low maintenance.... But not right now, he had a little Imperator to train after all.

"Standard will do fine," KO nodded, "I usually prefer them. Things like luxury balls are beautiful of course but not enough to justify the extra expense to me. To differentiate between them I have my pokeballs embossed with numbers. Imperator here will be number," KO paused to count briefly, "ten? I need to slow down on collecting new ones or I'll start losing track and not be able to keep up with training them all. Mind you I don't think I'll want to use my Pidgey in the field again unless something calls for a very loud blue thing."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:00 pm
"Oh? That's a very good idea. Potentially you can, um, feel which one is which too, I guess?"

Tambrey, then, reached toward something beside the tank, pressed a button, and caught a pokéball, offering it out to KO.
"I, um, basically go by standard too. I've never thought about embossing them, but that is a very good idea."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:15 pm
"That's right," KO nodded, "that's why I decided on embossing rather than painting or something. Being able to tell them apart by touch can save you a few seconds, and I'm sure you're well aware of the difference that can make in the field. Numbers aren't all that imaginative I suppose but it works for me, you could use a symbol of a couple of letters from their name or something instead for example."

KO accepted the pokeball with a nod thanks and rolled it backwards and forwards over his fingers a few times speculatively. "This will be the first lab pokemon I've had.... Well no, Cojiro was from the labs but he'd already been out and about when I was assigned him. Is there anything I should know about letting him out for the first time?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:11 pm
"Hm. I might look into that. I mostly go by, um, where I have them positioned, but if I were to, uh, have to keep them in a bag or something, or swapped a position and forgot..." Or got blown up and had a very foggy brain... " It is a very good idea..."

She raised her brows; of course, it really wasn't so unusual -not- to have a lab-requested pokémon, but for some reason she'd just... assumed KO would have.
"Oh um. Basically you just, uh, want to take a note of behaviour and a special note of anything, uh, unusual... Mostly I, um, just recommend an environment where both of you are likely to be comfortable, like a plain training room, or, uh, if he was a water type, one of the pools. When you don't know their personality, and behaviour, it's just, uh, not a good idea to let them out well, here, for example, or, um, in your room."
Not that there weren't systems to subdue unruly pokémon, especially in the labs, but it still wasn't a good idea.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:38 pm
"That makes sense," KO nodded, "tabula rasa as it were so it's not too overwhelming, and also nothing to break should they turn out to be a little... temperamental. I'll take him to a training room then and take some footage then? I'm not exactly a pokemon expert so if there was something subtly off I probably wouldn't notice." And he didn't want to end up with a defective pokemon, and be stuck with it because it went out of warranty or something. Was there a warranty period on lab pokemon? "If something is unusual do I bring it back here?" Probably, they'd want to take a look to see what had gone wrong with it he imagined.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:54 pm
"Mmhm. It's the safest way to do things. It's also a good way to bond without too much, uh, of the world to distract them. I, uh, can always come along if you like? I've done initial documentation before..." She blinked, considering the next question, and her answer, carefully.
"Um... That depends on the nature of unusual really. Some pokémon are very, um, unusual but people keep them because they're quirky, or, uh, the unusual aspect is helpful in some way... In most cases, though, um, yes, I suppose so."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:58 pm
KO nodded, that made sense. 'Unusual' could mean a lot of things after all, he for example was pretty unusual and that was a good thing so far as he was concerned. "Well if you can spare a few minutes I'd appreciate that, you'd know what to look for and record better than me and I could learn it for next time." There would be a next time he was sure, he certainly wanted to get a Roserade but that would probably be a custom designed one.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:14 pm
"Sure, I certainly can... Um, one moment though. Sorry." She tapped a few times on her screen and then spoke, apparently addressing Turing.
"Transfer into lab server 17 and locate and attach to Project PF-R 1, Batch ID 2.4.2. Diagnostics, monitoring and reports. End of process reports to be sent to this device, please? Thanks Turing! I'll be out of the labs for a bit."

<< (-ω-)ゝ>>

"Um. Anyway. Lead on once you've, uh, transferred." She indicated a port attached to what looked like monitoring equipment, with a space clearly intended for pokéballs. "My 'dex will register my exit as a log out, and, uh, Turing can do the basics of what I'd be needed for... roughly the next hour at least. Any training room is good, so, uh, whenever you're ready, once he's in a ball..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:21 pm
"Humm?" KO inspected the latest minor scientific revelation with interest. "Clever," he said with an approving nod as he slotted the pokeball into place. Once the transfer was completed he reclaimed it, clipped it to his belt along with the other five he had with him and then turned to head up to the training rooms. "So what's happening with you other than work?" he queried of Tam as they walked; he liked a side of smalltalk to go with his science chat.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:44 pm
"Minimizes issues. Another, um, security measure. There are lots of those." Tambrey explained, pleased to, but also apparently having gotten used to the process to the point of finding it normal.

Tambrey followed, but seemed stalled for a moment by the question.
"Uh..." Well, she wasn't sure if she could tell him about things like a dead Sharpedo... Not that that was at all classified as technically it wasn't even Rocket business. What else did she have going on? Oh. Oxy, she supposed.
"Um. Some weird things, some normal things. I got a new pokémon; uh, a water type. Luvdisc. I really, um, needed to fill that gap."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:52 pm
"Oh, a Luvdisc? Those are cute," KO said with a nod, wondering vaguely what Tam meant by 'weird'. "I caught one at that shore festival... last year was it? It's stayed in storage since but should I get promoted to Agent I'm going to have a big tank for it in my room. Can't really fit a decent sized one into a grunt room unfortunately." And he'd have a television on one wall, a decent wardrobe, his plants could be more attractively spaced.... Yes, promotion would be good when it came along. He just hoped it wasn't too much further off, how much did a guy have to do to get noticed around here? Tch.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:06 pm
"Oh? I do agree, they're very cute... Oxytocin, um, that's what I called her, is blue and her marking's more heart shaped than round. I, um, had the opportunity to do it," She shrugged, only a slight trace of a blush "so I did... Apart from Lasi, or, um, maybe Tarana, I think she might be my 'girliest' pokémon... I think she'll be really useful though." The other two, too, had been gifts, really.
"A big tank... I don't know why I didn't think of that. Um. I... first let her out in the bath, apart from a training room... I remember. Those rooms were small even at the old base. Um, especially if you had to share them..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:15 pm
"A bath," KO gave a martyred groan. "Do you know how long it's been since I had bath? I don't. A long time." All the more reason to get promoted! Hot water, bubbles, scented candles, a glass of wine, perhaps a book or perhaps some company....

"Ah, but you did?" KO continued, now focusing on what was obviously a point of quiet professional pride for Tambery. "I'd love to see her sometime then, I'm sure she's gorgeous."

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff