Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Local talent [Lex & Taavi] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:42 pm
Interesting? Sasha thought he was interesting? Heh, yay! That was unexpected but very welcome, he hadn't thought that somebody who looked like Sasha would find somebody like him interesting at all.

"It's strange to live somewhere without a league circuit," Taavi nodded to Sasha's comments about gyms. "You don't see so many battles going on as I'm used to either, but the league has only been here officially a little while right? I think things will change, especially now The Egg is here. Trainers from all over the world will come here and, well, supply and demand right?" The idea of starting up some kind of ranger movement here kept playing through his mind but it was an idle daydream, you needed money to be able to do things like that.

"Meat Palace is uh...." Taavi sought the words, laughed in the brief silence and shrugged. "Well I don't know if you'd call it a restaurant, more of a joint. The food's pretty nice, so long as you like your meat with a side of meat, but- heh, well the customers can be hard work. That's a whole different complaint though! I could go on for ages about - um - glasses full of soda put upside-down on the table, and people who don't tip, and people who shout at you or treat you like an idiot. I mean I'm like, I might have to wear a paper hat but I don't have a cardboard brain thank you." Giving another little laugh Taavi tucked a braid that had escaped back behind his ear. "But at least I have a job right? I've only been there a week and a half and it may be... well totally soul destroying but I don't want to lose it!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:00 pm
"Could still look for something different while you work, specially when it sounds like it merely exists to slowly suck your soul out of your body," Lex made a face, clicking his tongue stud against his teeth. Custom service jobs, specially in the food industry could be soul leeching.

"I could tell you horror stories from when I was a groomer. Specially when it came to the care of fire and electric types." Lex shook his head. Some people were idiots. "But putting a full soda glass upside down on a table is a new low blow for humanity."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:07 pm
"Oh I am looking, believe me," Taavi said fervently as they approached The Warehouse. "And, yeah. Only happened to me once so far but apparently it happens quite a lot. Teenage boys." Teenage white boys and middle class ones he was willing to bet. Nobody who'd ever really had to work for their money would do something like that. "And so you were a groomer?" he continued with interest. "That sounds like it really could be a nightmare, um, people can get really weird about that kind of thing." Dressing pokemon up like accessories was something he'd never understand but if the people and pokemon involved enjoyed it then he wasn't about to judge. What he was judging was the nastiness he suspected could come along with people's high expectations.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:18 pm
"Good luck on the job hunt Taavi." Lex wished him luck. "And I bet these teenagers didn't tip either." Really, it was time like these that he looked back at what he was doing as a teenager and then what current teenagers were doing. How did things get that bad? His mother wouldn't have stand for it.

"Mmhm, I got in it more for the physiology aspects, you learn a lot about pokemon and proper handling and care," Lex had enjoyed it. "A lot of what I did was rather basic. Mostly coat combing and trimming, nail care, occasionally baths. Then you had the I don't know why my pokemon looks like this, I just took him into my friends pool and have to explain to someone what chlorine toxicity is and how it can effect water types."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:38 pm
"Um...." Taavi blinked, looking a bit confused. "But... pool water doesn't hurt water types, the kind you can groom certainly not. I mean it wouldn't be good for them to live in a chlorinated pool but going in one like as would is fine. It's... ah, I know it's a worry some people have but it's actually a myth. Drinking a lot of pool water would be bad, a lot in proportion to the pokemon's size that is, but uh... well other than that it's fine unless, um, they have some kind of underlying serious health complaint that means they need to be kept in a special environment and that would mean they basically couldn't swim in anything other than a specially prepared tank...." He hoped he wasn't going to get shouted at for saying this.

"Oh look, um, not too much of a line to get in!" Taavi gestured to the doors where a short line of people waited to show tickets to or buy tickets from a couple of guys in suits. Maybe he could just move things on?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:06 pm
"You really now a lot about pokemon don't you? This one was a goldeen, I think, it was a while, and fish pokemon tend to be a bit more sensitive to chemicals but I'm rather sure they over chlorinated the pool combine with the water going into the gills." Lex paused, trying to remember. "Or it could have got into the chemical itself. Pokemon have a lot more weight and size to them then regular fish and react to chemicals differently but testing pool water is a bit of a must for some types." Lex shrugged it off.

"Ooh, looks like I should get over and get a ticket," Lex said and moved off to see what the prices were.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:24 pm
"Ah, um, ah well... I... I guess I do," Taavi replied awkwardly, breaking eye contact and shrugging. "I mean, um, I don't know a lot about anything else but.... Yeah, I mean, you wouldn't want a small fish in pool water too long and you should always check it's safe for you and anyone you're taking in. Um. Right though!" Seen as the line to get in seemed to be the same as for tickets Taavi moved along with Sasha.

"So, um, are you still a groomer? It sounded like the past tense?" Taavi was sort of trying to ask 'so what do you do now?' but he was still full of awkward-feeling and wasn't able to make himself be that direct, which was stupid because it was a simple question but.... Well maybe he'd get an answer anyway. Taavi smoothed a hand over his hair and wondered if he'd be able to get a drink at the bar or if he'd get carded.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:34 pm
"I still do it, more freelance then anything." Very freelance, Lex gave a small smile at the in joke. "And it's my fault for not specifying that it was a fish instead of something like a Vaporeon. Sorry about the awkward. I sort of forget not everyone knows the complete scenario." He pulled his wallet out of his jeans pocket, looking through the bills.

"I write a bit, mostly I cut hair and do mani pedis," Lex replied, pulling out a few bills. "Planning to find something else, but not sure yet. Might look to see if there are any breeders in the area."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:42 pm
Taavi paused to get out his ticket to show and to thank the doorman before passing inside and turning back to Sasha. "Um, well, there's lots of unique stock for a breeder to work with around here," he said with a nod, raising his voice a little to be heard over the background noise of a lot of people chatting. "I think that sounds better than giving pedicures! Haha, I don't think I'd like touching other people's feet. So what sort of stuff to do you write?" He was just going to leave the whole question of pokemon and pools and stuff behind, he felt like hadn't handled that well. "And um, do you want to get a drink?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:57 pm
Lex paid for his ticket and walked in. "There is. I've known a few and ehh, it is feet. Everyone has feet. They aren't that gross." They could be, but then, usually if someones feet were gross then they were rather gross.

"Sure, I could go for a drink." He joined Taavi. "Ooh, um, debating on doing something about Zoroark, Zoruas illusion properties."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:02 pm
"Oh yeah?" Taavi's bright smile return and he nodded enthusiastically. "That sounds like it could be really interesting! Heh, they're pretty amazing pokemon but they can cause no end of trouble if they feel like it! I grew up in Unova hearing all sorts of crazy stories about stuff a canny Zoroark had decided to do." There were a lot of people around the bar but none of them seemed to be interested in looking at him so Taavi remained relaxed as he politely moved his way towards the front. What should he order though? And should he offer to get a drink for Sasha? He couldn't really afford to get drinks for himself but... but he was going to do it anyway! He'd deal with the consequences tomorrow and if all else failed Valour could probably feed the both of them.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:34 pm
"They are also so very gorgeous, and I am a bit of a sucker for Dark Pokemon. They tend to get bad raps." Sasha walked along side Taavi, trying to find the menu. "Hmmm, know any good drinks that aren't caffeinated?" He questioned.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:10 am
"They are aren't they? And they do. Um. People assume that dark means bad which is pretty silly really. Heh. But it's hard to change the way people think about stuff like that." Once people had an idea fixed in their head - like the latest health food craze or scare - it was usually hard to shake it out.

The question of caffeinated drinks however left Taavi a bit stumped. "Errr... What sort of drink? Like a soda or...?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:49 pm
"I know my way around soda well enough," Lex waved a hand, thoughtful. "Just wondering if you know their alcoholic selection well enough to steer me away from anything that is mixed with red bull or any other energy drinks." That night had ended up less then pleasant.

"Mhm, or if there is any good snacks to order, food and booze go hand and hand with each other."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:43 pm
Oh phew, safe to admit ignorance. Taavi laughed and shrugged. "Um, sorry, I don't really go for cocktails so I didn't pay attention to their mixed things last I was in here. I don't think they do anything all that fancy though; mixers, or alcopops, or beer, or hard cider." Maybe he'd get a cider, that seemed like a cooler choice than beer. Or was it? "Oh, wine too I think? I know they do good fries though! Their chilli cheese fries are great, and they'll put extra chillis on if you ask." He had of course. "Other than that I think they have burgers, hotdogs, or nuts or chips. It's not exactly haute cuisine but um, it goes well with a drink and music." And company! Everything tasted better in company or at least he thought it did.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff