[FIN] Very Own Monster Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:52 am
Aulus pursed his lips and shook his head at Clancy. "Oh, right, I should have guessed that was what you meant." Barring a serious attitude adjustment Clancy was never going to be much of a trainer but maybe, just maybe, he could be forged into a decent one with enough heat and precisely applied blunt force.

"And I'm not sure, it'll depend on her personality but," Aulus shrugged, "stopping her from fighting when she doesn't fight what you tell her to fight seems like it would be a good deterrent to me. If we had restraints though I'd get Puck to send her to sleep and then put them on myself." He trusted himself to be fast enough to get out of the way if she started to wake up. "As for the pit room, there's safety barriers around the platform so you'll be fine.... And I'd give her a name if it were me. Plus it'll stop you from shouting the wrong species name all over the place if you name her."

Shaking his head slightly Aulus headed over to Clerval and knelt down beside the Pikachu. "You alright there?" Clancy didn't seem to be concerned but then he was hardly surprised given his general attitude.

<> Killer chuckled. <> he conceded after a moment.

<> Tortie snorted. <>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:48 pm
"Eh? 'Oo the 'ell is 'Puck'? Ya got a fairy on your team?" Apparently he didn't know, or had forgotten, that 'Killer' was a fairy...

Clancy nodded, though, listening and the gave a frown.
"A name... Ya got any suggestions? I think she oughta to have a bloody powerful name, reflect 'er good aspects. Somethin' about a sea monster... Like Nessie... Nah, that sounds too flamin' cute..."
He was still musing on names when Aulus went to check on Clerval.

The Pikachu looked surprised at being approached by an agent- he obeyed Clancy because he thought it was his place too- and winced as he tried to throw an awkward, stubby-armed, salute.
<< Fine, sir!>> Clerval answered, though of course to humans who were not able to understand him, it came as "Pi, ka!"

<< A Charizard? Well, at least the idiot prefers water. Not as though she's going to be able to burn something down or roast us alive.>> Cobalt commented, sitting down, and watching Aulus interact with Clerval.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am
Aulus snorted and gestured to Killer. "I do, but Killer here's the fairy not Puck."

Killer gave a sharp toothed grin and waved a feeler at Clancy.

"No, Puck's my Gengar, she knows Hypnosis; very handy for controlling angry pokemon. And I think you should think of the name for yourself, that's kind of the point," Aulus shrugged. "You don't have to do it right away though, think about it for a while." Aulus then turned back to Clerval and nodded, looking over to include Cobalt in the gesture too. "Good, and nice job the pair of you."

<> Tortie snorted, <>

Killer nodded. <>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:35 am
Clancy glanced at the Sylveon and gave an 'ah' and a short not of understanding; apparently Killer being a fairy made perfect sense, suddenly; probably due to the colour of the pokémon.

"What the bloody 'ell's a Gengar?" Again, another short nod; he'd spend a while thinking up a good name; it had to be perfect, after all. Maybe he'd see about getting to the library and finding a book on sea monsters or something...

<< Ooh! Praise!>> Cobalt said with surprise; it had been a while since she'd gotten any and she didn't really mind that it hadn't come from Clancy.

Clerval puffed himself up: he'd just been praised by an agent: he never even expected it from anyone, as he just 'did his job', but to get it made him feel rather proud.

<< Cobalt- I know, terribly unimaginative, but amazingly it wasn't our idiot who chose the name... And the yellow one is Clerval.>>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:44 am
Aulus arched an eyebrow at Clancy, gave Clerval a brief pat on the shoulder and then straightened up for face the grunt. "Say, you know that weird little black box thing you carry around with you? With the pretty lights on it? Why don't you ask it what a Gengar is? It's amazing the things your magic black box can tell you, and it even comes with pretty holograms so you can see what a standard member of the species looks like." Arms folded across his chest, eyebrow still raised, and radiating condescending disapproval Aulus waited for a reply; this guy really was the limit.

Tortie barked a brief laugh and shook her head. <> She wasn't usually one to take to people right away but she approved of anyone who called out idiots for what they were. The Pikachu she could take or leave.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:13 am
"Me magic bo- OH!" Clancy looked at his rocketdex and proceeded to start looking up 'Gengar'; of course... he didn't have the right spelling, or even close to the right word.
"'S called a 'dex'." He offered, though, while he was... bringing up a picture of a Golem. "I di'n't even bloody think 'bout it..."

"--GOLEM! THE MEGATON POKE-" The 'dex began...
"That wasn't the bugger..." Clancy muttered; apparently he could tell the difference between names enough to realize that...

"What was the bloody name again? Gangrene?"

<< Oh! Well, I meant no insult.>> Cobalt offered, but didn't seem too concerned that she -might- have insulted anyone.

Clerval's eyes widened; he'd gotten praised by an agent -and- a pat from an agent!
He was left rather speechless.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:07 pm
"I know it's called a 'dex, I was being factious," Aulus said with a roll of his eyes. "And it's Gengar. G-e-n-g-a-r." He didn't object so much to having to (literally) spell it out, not being able to spell was very different to just being a complete tit in his opinion.

<> Tortie replied with a nod, <> she asked, turning to look at Clerval. <>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:53 pm
Clancy tapped out the word as Aulus spelled it.
When the image appeared he widened his eyes, then narrowed them, an almost-scowl darkening his face.
"It's that bloody purple b*****d! Jus' without that fancy green glowin' muck!"

<< Oh, he knows our names. Unfortunately, he is both an idiot -and- lazy...>> Cobalt replied, before looking toward Clerval too; she agreed with Tortie, of course, but she was curious to see if his reply to her was any different than it had been between the two of them.

When it was not, she rolled her eyes.
<< Idiot or not- well, let's face it, there's no 'not', he's a jerk, an idiot, and it's a miracle he's still alive- he is still our assigned trainer and therefore our superior.>>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:10 pm
Glowing muck?... Ah, hadn't Jerome been on that mission too? "So you've met Bro I take it," Aulus said, gesturing at his face in the area the ghost had his markings. "And do I detect that you didn't get along well?"

Tortie snorted and reached up with a hind foot to scratch at an itch on her ear. <>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:21 pm
Clerval snapped his head toward Tortie, eyes wide.
<< You would disobey an -agent-?!>>

Cobalt sighed, and gestured with her head toward Tortie, looking at the Pikachu.
<< That's two of us telling you the same thing now; you know he's an idiot as well as I do. I've prodded him with my horn a few times now; has any disciplinary action occurred? Beyond him failing to get rid of me? >>

"Aye! That's the bugger! That glowin' b*****d flamin' punched me! Bloomin' windbag tryna give orders... Ain't listenin' to no damned spooky critter..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:35 pm
Tortie paused mid scratch and looked from Clerval, to Aulus, then finally back at the Pikachu again. <> she affirmed with a nod. <>

Aulus laughed briefly and shook his head with a little grin. "Why am I not surprised? Well, was what Bro saying sensible?... I'm assuming somebody was translating, here?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:43 pm
<< If the order endangers the trainer, or the team, than I can see a reason for disobeying...>> Clerval semi-agreed << But outside of extreme circumstance, adhering to our trainers' orders must take priority. We are their tools, after all.>>

<< We're more than that, whatever the motto says...>> Cobalt offered; she had loyalty, certainly, to Team Rocket, but she couldn't say she agreed with the motto; she thought of herself as a team member, not a mere tool.

"Course it bloody wasn't! He's a bloody pokémon..." Clancy replied, in a grumble; he really didn't like that, he glanced at the dex, Gengar... He tried to remember that.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:25 pm
<> Tortie snorted. <>

"Riiiiiiight," said Aulus in tones that quite clearly stated 'I don't believe you, you bullshit merchant'. Well, the first part anyway, the second part may had been lost in translation of the cant of an eyebrow. "So being able to understand dragon types hasn't changed how you think of pokemon at all then?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:31 pm
"Eh? Why would it? Only bloody critter I've talked to is that Dragonsky thingy that Lex 'as... She ain't too bloomin' bad but it ain't like she's -not- one of the critters, ya know? Just 'appens to know 'ow to talk some'ow..."

Cobalt looked rather pleased to find Tortie's thoughts so close to her own and nodded in agreement, watching the Pikachu...

Clerval just frowned and folded his little arms.
<< No... You work /for/ him because he can put you in a ball and carry you around. And /he/ works for Team Rocket.>>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:00 pm
Aulus sighed and shook his head. "This... is probably a pointless conversation but I feel I have to try anyway. Okay, look, do you understand why you understand her?" Baby steps, or perhaps Clancy was just at the flailing around in a crib crying and shitting a lot stage.

Tortie started to scratch the other ear. <> she agreed, <>

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces