[Fin] Tailor Made Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:31 pm
"As I said, I will have to see what I am lacking. Though my last formal suit never was replaced..." He thought about it. "Though something casual to show off when I'm not on base is equally tempting. I don't know what occasion I would have for formal attire at present." He was mostly talking to himself, but didn't mind if KO was listening. After a few minutes, as the city was growing clearer ahead of them, Mau asked "What materials are you looking for today? Or rather, what are you making for yourself?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:58 am
"Mmmhummm," KO nodded along with Mau's thought process and was then happy to drive in silence for a while, through the tunnel under the mountains, until Mau asked after his own goals for the day. "I'm looking for a nice pale linen, if they have such a thing in stock. I want pants and a vest for casual evening occasions, a nice garden party - not that I imagine I'll be invited to such a thing - or a classy bar, the sort that has a nice garden or balcony.... Probably a five button vest, darted, and perhaps lapels? I'll see what moves me. Pleated pants I think. Of course that all depends on them having good linen but they're usually well stocked."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:55 pm
"Well, you never know when you'll have to infiltrate a garden party or nice bar. Always good to be prepared." He looked over at KO. "I'm not sure you need darts, but then, I'm not a tailor, so what do I know." The rest of the drive was filled with idle chatter mixed with silence. Over all, it was enjoyable. Mau didn't hate being stuck in the car with KO, and was pretty sure that they wouldn't try and leave the other stranded... not unless they got into some sort of prank war. Some of the chatter drifted to bars, and Mau admitted that stopping for some drinks before they returned 'to work,' his vocabulary changed to more publicly acceptable choices, because work really was stressful.

Because it was still early, it was quite easy to find a parking spot at the mall, and Mau was more than willing to follow Kirk to this fabric store to see what it was all about.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:16 pm
"Ahh, I just like to have my clothes quite fitted," KO shrugged. "Darts are a must if you ask me, otherwise you end up with a sack coat which is.... A choice I suppose?" The slight curl of KO's lip and the sour tone in his voice indicated what he thought of sack style jackets and vests.

With various commentary they eventually arrived at the mall and KO then led the way to the fabric shop. The door pushed open with a proper olde timey tinkle of a bell, and KO sauntered in with the air of a cat returning to one of its favourite stalking grounds. "Voila," he gestured around to the many, many huge rolls of fabric stacked high around the walls. "Beautiful isn't it? Endless possibilities all under one roof."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:26 pm
Mau walked in and looked around. Ok, how had he not seen this store before? Probably because he didn't go shopping nearly enough, and maybe it came into the mall in the 3 years he was away. Yeah, that must be it. "Ok, this is a pretty impressive selection." He couldn't help but turn to the closest bolts of fabric to gently touch them. "They do have a good selection of naturally dyed cottons." He marveled, looking at the bolts, before he stepped away. They did seem to have something for everyone. Spandex, silk, pleather... various kinds of velvet. Mau really wasn't into the denser fabrics, so he followed Kirk back towards the linens.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:37 pm
"Isn't it though?" KO agreed with a happy sigh. "I don't get to come here nearly as often as I'd like but you know how work is. Also my budget." He found the linen section without trouble - it hadn't moved - and started to brush his fingers lightly over the differing shades and grades. "Humm, this cream is nice." But it was also quite expensive. He could afford it but it was more than he'd like to spend in an ideal world. Oh to be an Agent and paid more than a pittance! One day, one day. Tsk! Perhaps he had to catch a second legendary in order to get noticed? Honestly.

"So have you seen anything that catches your eye?" KO asked as he poked thoughtfully at some lower cost options, they just weren't as nice!

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:42 pm
"They have some nice silks." He said, walking past Kirk to inspect some of the fabrics. "The brocades aren't very good though." He looked back at the redhead and saw his disappointed gaze as he looked at some of the linen. "Nothing to your liking?" He asked, not thinking that price would be a factor.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:57 pm
Silk? Well well, somebody had expensive tastes! He couldn't blame him though, there was nothing quite like the soft elegance of silk.... The only trouble was the price tag that came attached. "Oh I see things I like, I just don't like the price," KO replied with a sigh and a shake of his head. "Alas, you get what you pay for. I'll need... say about three yards to make my vest and pants, three and a half to be safe, and this," he indicated the preferred fabric, or at least the semi-realistic preferred, "is twenty six dollars a yard. It's a good price for what it is, but it's still a lot of money on my pay grade."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:56 pm
"Hm... I suppose that would be the catch." He pondered a moment. "The import store I came here for often has fabric, and usually fairly nice ones. But the selection is spotty based on what they can ship in. They usually have really good prices though. Do you want to compare a little?" Mau didn't mind running back and forth between the 2 shops a little. "I mean it never hurts to check."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:01 pm
KO gave a languid shrug and nodded. "Sure, may as well shop around. I've got all day after all; beyond this I want to get some lunch and have a look around for some furnishings, I want to redecorate my room I think but I need ideas first." He'd have to run things by Lu of course but Lu was everso accommodating, he really doubted the giant sweetheart would object to his suggestions.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:52 pm
Mau nodded along with KO. "Lunch would be a good thing. Then I was going to find a barber and treat myself to a freshened up look." He was feeling scruffy. "Decorating, hm?" He hadn't put any thought into his room since returning to the base. He had his silk sheets, and a couple books, but beyond that, everything was standard issued. "Maybe I should at least get an electric coffee maker." He mused. It would be nice to have hot water on hand for tea whenever he wanted it, and not have to go to the mess hall all the time. "And a lamp." He'd lost all his personal projects, his berry plants, and growing lamps. Maybe he would start again. He still had all his data and seeds. But maybe he wouldn't have quite so many plants as before.

... No, that wasn't likely. Mau loved plants.

"Well, alright then. Why don't we head to the import store for a little bit." They had some interesting furniture and rugs, and lots of unique incense and incense holders. If they were lucky, they would have gotten a shipment of fabric too. That happened less often, but it wasn't something that sold too fast. It was usually the jewelry that sold, Mau had noticed.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:10 pm
"Humm, not a bad idea," KO agreed thoughtfully as they headed towards the next store, he'd had his done a few weeks ago but he liked to keep on top of it. "Alas I only have a kettle and instant but I'll get a decent coffee machine one day, once it reaches the top of my priority list. You don't even have a lamp though? You definitely need a lamp, I'm sure we can find you one that looks good for a reasonable price somewhere in here. What do you have in your place? It's a reasonable size right?" It was a bit hard to be specific when you were walking around in public like this but he was fairly sure that meaning would be communicated.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:48 am
Mau cleared his throat slightly. "Yes, my apartment" he decided to just talk about it like it was a normal living space. "is average sized. But because I only recently moved in, I have nothing personal in there. Most of my possessions were lost either in the move or the fire." As he said that last word, he gave KO a stare. He hoped the man knew what he was /really/ talking about.

"But I think maybe I didn't elaborate. I have a basic, standard office style reading lamp. But I was thinking of a growing lamp for my plants." As he said that, they entered the import store, and instantly, the men were surrounded by a warm, exotic smell that you couldn't quite describe, no matter how hard you tried.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:33 am
"Oh, plants hu?" KO's brows rose slightly and he gave a little nod of acknowledgement. "I have a lot around my place - my roommate loves them - so we've got a couple of growing lamps too, we don't get very much natural light. I must say they bring a certain life to the place, the air smells better." Less artificial, he quite liked the base on the whole but sometimes the recycled air tasted stifling.

As they stepped into the import store KO inhaled its distinctive aroma with a small sigh of pleasure. "I should come here more often just for the smell," he commented to Mau with a small upward quirk of his lips. Humm, now where might fabrics be found? KO looked around at the racks and shelves with interest, you could really lose yourself in shops like this and end up spending a lot more than you'd intended. Fabric first - or remembering to save enough for it at the fabric shop - then he could look at the rugs, the throws, the candles and other treasures.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:51 pm
"Yeah. My original degree was in botany and botanical science, but then I switched to genetics and neuroscience." Yeah, he knew it was a big jump. "But I still like growing plants for recreation and personal research." When they were in the store, he watched KO inhale and enjoy the way the place smelled. "If they sold this smell in a bottle, I would buy it." He nodded. He really liked how this place smelled. The shopkeeper greeted them from behind the counter with a smile and a wave. Mau gave a feeble wave back. "Fabrics are usually back along that wall with the curtains and drapes." He gestured towards the corner, then became sidetracked a moment. "Whoa... these are very nice pots." Speaking of growing plants and all. "Wait, you're on a mission. I won't distract you yet."

The back wall had not nearly the selection as the fabric store, but still a decent selection of imported linen, silks, and brocaded. The linen ran a couple dollars cheaper, but the silks and brocades were about the same.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff