Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] So Kiss Me? [Fin] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:59 am
"Usually it is done with bamboo sticks, but I find the coins easier. Its done by hexagrams, each hexagram has six lines and hmm, do you have a pen and paper? It would be easier to explain if I could draw it." He tangled his finger in his hair, thoughtfully.

"A snack would be nice," he said, unfastening his necklace to pour the coins into his hand. He wrapped the leather around his wrist to keep track of it and tied the ends.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:05 am
"Ah, yeah, sure, hang on a minute." Taavi put down his glass and slid off the stool, heading over towards his 'bedroom' corner. A brief rummage in the little beside chest turned up a pad of lined paper and a couple of pens, and requested items in hand Taavi headed back over to Sasha. "Here," Taavi flipped through a couple of pages of scribbled notes to get to a blank page and passed over the pad and pens, "let me grab those snacks now."

From the dry foods cupboard Taavi retrieved a bag of salted mini pretzels and a bag of spicy peanuts. From the crockery cupboard he grabbed a couple of small cereal bowls, part filled them with the snacks, and turned to put said snacks on the counter. "The nuts are kinda hot, just as a warning. Heh. I like spicy stuff if you didn't guess for the extra chilli chilli fries."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:30 am
"There are eight spirits that make up the I ching and each are represented by three lines," Lex started drawing eight characters, each made of a three straight horizontal lines. "Now depending on your coin toss you get a number that translate into a solid line or a open line."

"The one completely solid trigram is Force, and the completely open one is Field, the rest are Penetrating, Gorge, Bound, Shake, Radiance, and Open." Lex scribbled the names down on each one.

"So, a hexagram is made of two trigrams, which are fortold by flipping three coins and counting the sum of the flip. Heads are three and tails are two and the least you can get is a total of six and the most you can get is a total of nine."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:40 am
Taavi frowned deeply, nodding along and trying to absorb what Sasha was saying. "O...kay I think I follow so far. So a hexagram would be like.... a combination or two trigrams then? And different combinations mean different things?" He was just guessing here but he'd rather guess and be wrong than just go 'un-hu', he wanted to show that he was interested in what Sasha was saying!  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:53 am
"Mmhm, for a total of 64 hexagrams." Lex flipped to another page drawing four lines, numbering them. 9 was straight with a bubble in the center, 8 was open, 7 was straight, and 6 was open with a x in the middle.

"So, there is a possibility of having a second hexagram crop up, it is all a matter if 9 or 6 show up, which are old yang, (9), and old yin (6). They transform into the young versions and that gives a Relating Hexagram." Lex tapped his lip with the pen thinking.

"Some times, a fortune only gives a Primary, sometimes it has a Relating, but each one has a Hidden and an Opposing Figure. Opposing would simply be the inverse of the Primary, the Opposite Figure. Hidden Figure is difficult because you are grabbing parts of the Primary and making a new figure from it."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:57 am
This... this was kind of complicated. Taavi's brow furrowed more and he lent over the page as though looking at Sasha's diagrams would make matters clearer. They didn't really. "Okay.... So if you get opposing, whatever the fortune would mean is reversed? And how do you decide how to build the new figure with hidden? Also what's relating?" This would probably be easier with an example but he wanted to hear all of the basics first even if he didn't really get them yet.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:08 am
"Opposing doesn't really affect the fortune, it is simply says what isn't there." Lex paused and flipped to a new page, labeling the note book lines 6, 5 4, 3, 2, 1. "So you form the figure from bottom up, and get a figure."

"For a hidden one, you take the lines that land in 2,3,and 4, for the inner one, and the ones that land in 3,4, and 5 for the outer one. " Lex scribbled Outer near the top, and Inner near the bottom.

"Relating figures is what relates the questioner to the primary, basic figure. It differs from question to question and person to person, depending on what I am doing."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:12 am
"Um... Yeah I'm lost," Taavi admitted with a brief laugh. "Mmh," he took a sip of wine, "would you do a fortune for me then? To demonstrate. If that's okay?" Sasha seemed very open about it all but he didn't want to presume, there might be a time of day you had to do it or other conditions or something? Certainly didn't want to tread on any toes over this, he knew what it was like to have people scoff or trivialise at stuff that was important to you.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:48 am
"Okay, so first thing, we have our pen and paper, and we have the coins. They don't have to be like these, they just need to be three coins, with a noticeable head and tail. " Lex jangled the coins before casting them on the counter, counting 7.

"That way you don't have any one coin that tips your fortune." He picked them up and ran them through his fingers. "These coins are hm embedded with my aura. I cleaned them when I got them and then wore them everywhere, which is what helps me cast fortunes. "

"So... first, do you want a question answered or do you want more of a self read?" Lex asked, passing the coins from hand to hand. "One, I sort of need a focus for... which can be coins you have in your pocket as long as they are three of a kind or can be a hair, since that would have your aura on it."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:53 am
"Ah, what sort of question? Or what's a self read?" Taavi asked, quietly wondering what exactly an aura was. He could make a guess of course, like so kind of... personal psychic field? Or something. But it was just an 'or something', there was probably subtlety and specifics and stuff. "And ah... what exactly would you consider an aura? I mean, how would you describe one?" Might as well ask, right?  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:03 pm
"Could be any sort of question, it needs an answer of course and self read is sort of hmm, general read of your person. It could answer a question, but the question ins't asked, if just is revealed."

"Aura is attached to spirit which is like the battery of the witch craft world.... everything living has an aura and somethings that aren't have an aura because it absorb someone elses." Lex turned the coins around in his fingers. "Usually non living things that have aura are things that someone was really attached to or associated with strong emotions."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:19 pm
"Umm.... I can't really think of a question right now, could we start with a general read?" Taavi asked, nibbling on a pretzel thoughtfully. "Um... and, would this work for a reading?" As he spoke Taavi tugged on a fine golden chain around his neck, lifting a gold necklace out from under his top; it was a broken wheel shape joined by a cross with little green gems set into it where the X passed through the curve of the wheel. "I bought this when I settled in Hoenn, saved up for ages to have it custom made," he explained, looking down at the delicate symbol and brushing it lightly with his thumb. "It ah... well, I'm certainly really attached to it."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:28 pm
"Sure and hmm.. never worked with something like this before." Lex leaned in, looking over the necklace touching it carefully. "Looks so familiar..." Gold and green gems and ooh. " Arceus?" He questioned, looking up at Taavi.

"Should work, if you are okay with me wearing it for a few moments." Lex admitted.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:32 pm
"Umm... yeah that'd be okay, and yes it is," Taavi nodded, reaching up to unfasten the clasp. A couple of moments later he was still fiddling, brow furrowed in concentration. "Err... Would you give me a hand here? I don't usually take it off, the catch is kinda fiddly." Taavi turned his back on Sasha and swept his hair out of the way over his shoulder so that Sasha would be able to see properly.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:37 pm
Lex shifted, leaning forward and scooped the chain pulling it a bit forward and examined the clasp. "Yeah, these ones can be a bit fiddly." He carefully unfastened the necklace and shifted, leaning into Taavi's back as he shifted the chain to get the pendant safely in one hand before letting the other end drop as he pulled away.

"Care to fasten it for me?" He asked and pushed off from the counter, offering the necklace back to Taavi.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff