[FIN] Unwanted Surprises Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Couldn't care less about uniforms? KO sighed internally, given how few clothes Sync had he suppose it was no surprise really. Besides, didn't it work out in his favour? KO chuckled slightly and pulled a trunk out from under his bed. "I'm sure I can think of something more inventive given time but alcohol is like Mastercard, it's accepted almost everywhere as a bribe." As he spoke KO took a few carefully folded outfits out of the trunk and over to the closet, where he hung them up carefully. Everything would need pressing before he could wear it but at least it was hanging up safely now.

The clothes on the other side of the closet were what was drawing his eye now however, he was sure he recognised the style but where had he seen it before? It hadn't been on base, at least he didn't think it had been, but that hardly narrowed things down now did it?

KO closed the closet back up and wandered back to hit bed, and the drink sitting on the little table beside it. "So what's your area Sync? Field work? Recon? The sciences?" Kid was a bit young to have any qualifications but he might have joined to get into a field, it was pretty much what KO had done himself though that had been back with Galactic of course.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:22 pm
...seriously, how many clothes did this guy have? With his eyebrows raising a bit again, the grunt moved back on his bed so he could lean against the headboard and propped his knees up before he took another sip. He responded with a breath of a laugh, his smirk still present, "And it's about the only thing you could've actually bribed me with, and you had to go and suggest it right off the bat." No fun, no fun at all. Well, maybe a little. Oh well.

Oblivious to how much KO had been checking out his clothes - not that he would've cared if he did notice - he remained silent a few moments as he dwelt on the question. To answer, or not to answer... Well, he didn't have a specific response to give anyway, so there wouldn't be anything for KO to guess at if he chose to go that route. "I'm not in any specific department yet, if that's what you're asking," he replied with another shrug, "so probably just field work or whatever until I get in one." Continuing his unsocial trend, he didn't bother to ask KO what his specialty was, or even any other question that could've been an attempt at continued conversation. Instead, he took another sip of his drink.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:35 pm
So very talkative! Still smirking a little KO swirled his drink and nodded understanding, noticing but choosing to ignore the lack of reciprocity. "Oh? Well that's understandable, trainees don't get departments after all, I just thought you might have some idea of what you wanted to do." People who joined with forethought usually had at least an inkling, so had unfortunate circumstances forced the green-haired youth into signing on or had he just charged in without thinking? Well he was a teenager so that was completely possible actually.

"I'm in chemistry myself with a small hand in medical, only field medic level but I know a lot of the Agents in both areas if you have an interest in learning about them and I've got a friend in genetics and a friend of a friend in field, plus a few others." KO shrugged and sipped his drink again before adding; "What can I say, I'm a people person." It paid to have lots of friendly acquaintances who might do you a favour, though he had to admit that he'd become genuinely fond of a few people here too. Life was more fun when you had real friends.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:30 pm
"Not really," he reaffirmed with a shrug, draping one arm over a knee as he lifted his glass with his other hand for more alcohol.

While it was interesting - and possibly useful, on some level - to know what department his roommate was in, he pulled a face at the thought of entering a similar field. Chemistry? Medical? Hell no. "I think I'd prefer going into infiltration," he admitted with another light shrug, "but I don't know enough about the processes here so I don't know if that's the department I'll end up getting into or not. And," he added with an amused smirk at KO's mention of being a people person, "I can tell. It's really obvious."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:46 pm
Was that supposed to be a dig? KO wasn't entirely sure but as he was stuck living with this kid for the foreseeable future he decided not to take it as one. "Well that's good, if it wasn't obvious then I'd be failing as a people person wouldn't I?" he said aloud with a smirk, getting to his feet in order to top up his drink but only with soda unfortunately, he would have liked more alcohol but he still had to work tomorrow so that wasn't happening.

"And so long as you're good at it, or show promise to learn, you can pretty much go into whatever department you want," KO continued, returning to his bed and lounging back against a couple of cushions. "When I joined up, and graduated from the red uniform, I found an Agent in the department and got started up with doing grunt work in the department. I assume you could do the same for infiltration, though I don't know what sort of grunt work they'd have."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:56 pm
"Heh," he responded, smirk widening, "I wouldn't know, would I?" Because obviously - and probably obviously to KO now as well - he was not a people person. Not at all. Not even a little bit. Ah, but hopefully he kept his people-person tendencies outside their room; he didn't particularly want to come back to find their room had become a hangout space or something for people he didn't know or care to know. Rather than voicing as much, he opted to leave it alone for the moment.

As KO lounged back into the cushions on his bed, Sync shifted a bit on his to get more comfortable while he hummed a bit under his breath, giving thought to his roommate's words. Obviously he wasn't in the department yet so he had no way of knowing if he was good at it or not, but he was willing to learn, so hopefully that would suffice until such a time as he could prove the former. "I don't know what sort they'd have either," he answered finally, his tones thoughtful, "but that's something I have to look into now that I'm a grunt." A grunt - it was still such a dumb title.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:43 am
"I'm sure you'll figure it out," KO replied with a shrug, setting down his drink and picking up the sewing he's been busy with when Sync first entered. "So where are you from?" he asked as he worked. "Your attire certainly doesn't look local, it is familiar but I can't place where I've seen it before." Possibly on some random person on the street? In a magazine? At a party? He really wasn't sure and it was niggling at him, he prided himself on his knowledge of style! It couldn't have been on base... could it? Humm.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:46 am
Since he, too, was sure he'd figure it out, he saw no reason to really say as much, so he let the matter drop there and was content to sit in silence. KO obviously had other plans when he asked another question, and Sync couldn't help the amused smirk that alighted his face. "Where do you think I'm from?" He asked unhelpfully, curious to see if his roommate had a specific place in mind or not. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:51 am
KO looked up from his work with one eyebrow raised slightly. "Now if I knew I wouldn't have asked would I?" he asked rhetorically before looking back down again and putting in another neat stitch. "Humm, I have seen the style before though," he continued, thinking aloud seemed like the only way he was going to get much conversation with this roommate. "I'm having trouble placing where but now I've been thinking about it, it must have been back at the old base so it was a while ago now. Some kid always wandered around in a lot of black and red but the elaborate style was rather like your clothes. I can't say I know where he came from though." The sullen expression the boy had always had didn't exactly encourage casual conversation.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:07 am
"You might've," he responded with an airy shrug as he took a final sip of his drink before setting the glass down, "if you had an idea but wanted to see if you were right first." Hmm, that was interesting... Well, he was aware of how many people tended to come to Kodo from Grande Ile, so it shouldn't have been any surprise that he wasn't the first Grande Insulaire to join Team Rocket, but the tidbit was still interesting. He hummed a tad as he thought of what sort of response to give - not a straight answer, of course - before he settled his elbow on one knee and rested his cheek on his palm. "Je pourrais vous donner un indice," he said, slipping into the language and accent with a practiced ease that suggested great familiarity with it, and watched his roommate with curiosity entering his already amused expression.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:19 am
French? KO looked up again, his expression thoughtful and his head tilted slightly to the side. "You could... something me? I don't speak French and I don't imagine you're from France, but somewhere French speaking?" Canada? No chance. "Oh! I know!" KO brightened suddenly as another memory popped into his head. "You're from - what's it called? - that little island.... Grande Ile?" That had to be it, if he'd got the name right anyway; he ought to have remembered somewhere with such flamboyant taste in clothes right away.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:29 am
The response made him laugh a bit, the sound entertained and lighthearted, before he slipped back into English to offer the rest of the translation, "Give you a hint." So his roommate didn't know French but could pick it out, and knew at least a bit about Grande Ile; he filed this new information away to think more on later. "Yup, that's the one," he affirmed; he saw no reason to withhold the confirmation when he was right. Maybe if they weren't roommates, but he didn't want to harass someone he'd be stuck living with too much.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:39 am
Ha! So he had got that right, and he'd learned a little French today too. Oh, let's be real, he was never going to remember the phrase; oh well! "That explains it then," he said aloud, "I do rather like the fashion from your part of the world so long as it's not presented in black, black, hint of red, and more black. I think he thought it made him look intimidating." Whatever happened to that guy anyway? Maybe he'd died in the destruction of the base or something, KO certainly couldn't recall seeing him since.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:42 pm
Hmm... Was he just imagining it, or did his roommate seem a bit more pleased at his realization? Sync shrugged at the clothing comment as he leaned backward, stretching one leg out while the other remained propped up. "Hopefully you don't mind black, black, and green then," he commented with a light smirk, "but clothing there does come in other colors besides black." Contrary to all of the primarily black clothing his roommate had probably seen from there. "It's all really ornate and decorative though, it's stupid." He'd never really paid much attention to the attire choices in Grande Ile until he'd come to Kodo and realized how much simpler their designs were - most of them, anyway - and so he preferred them over his old clothes for a number of reasons.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:45 pm
"Green, at least, is more inventive paired with black then red," KO replied with a shrug. "Anyway there was at least a fair amount of green on yours, not just a sad little whisper in the midst of the teen goth-fest." Well it seemed that fashion talk was out the window with his roommate, not that he was really surprised given how talkative the younger man had been in general so far. With another shrug KO simply added; "To each their own," before turning his attention back to his work.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff