[FIN] Adapting to Change Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:21 am
This really kind of seemed genuine, which was a hell of a lot weirder than the idea of Izaya messing him about. If he was being genuine then he did feel kind of bad for him... sort of. He didn't like him but he empathised? Yegh, he'd never been much good at analysing his own feelings and in this instance he decided to stop trying.

"Well you could try making them hate you but personally I prefer to be able to protect them in turn rather than being dramatic and self defeating," Aulus responded dryly to Izaya's retreating back. "You could start by making sure one or two of your regular pokemon know Protect, it's a real lifesaver. Literally. Like I say, carry on as you are if you want - it's no skin off my nose - but if you want my opinion I think it's a poor decision. Go on though, Rose and I will deal with the mats. The next class is in two days if you want to attend."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:41 am
"Being dramatic is what I do," Izaya laughed half-heartedly, not turning around. "But I can still protect them even if they hate me. It's the least I can do in honor of Aila. Since she died for my sake, I pretty much came to the conclusion that my life is forfeit to her. And since this team and organization seems to be what she put her own life into, that means I'm now indebted to it and everyone who's a part of it."

He shrugged. "I just don't let them know directly. Maybe it's roundabout, but that's how I work. Because Faleen is set on only seeing what's on the surface, I guess she hasn't noticed, but that's the point, I suppose. It's just ironic that now I've been labeled a traitor. But at least if I die now, I can be content in knowing someone knows what I meant to do regardless of if I failed horribly or not."

Protect, huh? He'd have to look into that. What a humorously simple name for a technique. "Two days? Count on it." he added. "I apologize for not being able to finish helping clean up, Sensei," he said, pivoting to bow in respect. Almost forgot. Tambrey had called him that before, hadn't she? So it should have been okay for him to do the same provided Aulus didn't think he was being sarcastic about it. "I'll be sure to build up my strength so I can properly make up for it next time. Thank you for the lesson."

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:16 am
...Hu.

Aulus nodded in response to Izaya's apparent display of respect and then gave a slight bow in return, he still didn't know if he believed it or not but for now he was prepared to act as though he took it at face value. "You do that, get some swimming in.... Oh, and if you still have that mega stone and you want to work on learning to use it sometime let me know." If he was a 'traitor' maybe he didn't still have it but the offer was there, it was part of his job description.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:24 am
Bah, swimming...oh well. He supposed he could use the exercise. And the mega stone... While he hadn't really given it much thought since that row with Faleen, perhaps he would like to prove her wrong. He was working harder to train his pokemon as an extension of himself these days, anyway. Why not learn how to mega-evolve as well?

"Yes sir," he acknowledged. "I'd appreciate that." Giving the agent a smile and salute, he bowed at the waist to Rose before turning back once more to take his leave.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers