Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
Anyone played Yuugiou Dice Masters yet? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:38 am
I will keep Boss Monster in mind and see if my game shop has it next time I'm in town, sounds good.

Yea it got worse and then magically better? Okay so it wasn't back Friday so we called Saturday and they said oops they put the request in on the wrong account (wtf?!?). They said we could probably get it expedited for Tues/Wed putting the request in on Monday, but then we got a text saying it would be up the 30th (which is Friday not Tues/Wed). They called and said well as Friday is still faster than standard they'd probably reject the expedite the 24 hour expedite and we asked them to try anyhow but I was seriously angry. Like we've had no internet for a week (and for most of that I was home alone and I don't have a smartphone or anything), entirely their fault, and they'd reject returning our service to us faster? However, then the magic part, I was just sitting on the comp not doing internet things yesterday when I noticed I was online. I was pretty sure I had turned my partner's mobile tether off and then noticed it was the home network. I leaned over and looked at the router and saw that it was working again, bam we are back online. So not sure how that happened, on a weekend, when apparently the request was on the wrong account and a new one couldn't be processed until Monday. Coincidentally I had gone on an epic twitter rant detailing all our problems in about 10 tweets about 2 hours before it came back. Now I don't know if that could have anything to do with it as the account isn't in my name (though my tweets did have relevant dates so I suppose with effort it could be figured out) and while their social media team responded they didn't say they did anything. But it was a weird coincidence. Of course we are now worried that somehow this is a fluke and they will accidentally shut us off again tomorrow. We shall see. xd

They did comp us two free months service, so at least that's something, we still are pretty pissed though.

Also meant to say on the last thread, I like your avi, very cute (and also perfectly eerie/Halloween suitable). biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:51 am
Geez, can't believe they gave y'all a hard time like that. x . x
They should've made it their priority to fix the problem ASAP. They're the ones who inconvenienced you. But at least they gave you two free months to make up for it. xD;
And maybe they did somehow fix it because of your tweets? I've seen people tweet angrily at businesses and have their problem resolved easier than calling customer service. And that just shouldn't happen, imo. xD;

Thanks! biggrin
My birthday was this month so I was dressing her in my birthstone colors for the first part of the month. Kind of excited to get into the Halloween spirit now. I'll probably dress her like this into November now. xD  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:58 am
Yea I definitely have taken up tweeting about extreme incompetence - luckily that doesn't happen often though this is the second time in less than a year I've had to do it at my own broadband provider - because it does seem to fetch results. Companies are more motivated to help people if they are getting bad press, which is annoying, but it's the one thing I do like about Twitter (b/c I really don't use it much). A great outlet to get businesses to at least pretend to care about employees. I do think it could possibly be the tweets, just that it may be a stretch as I gave no personal info over the tweets (just info about what happened - hopefully not something happening to enough people that it would be impossible to use that info if so inclined). They would have had to figure out who I was and pretty much immediately restore the account on their own, but won't rule out. Monday has arrived and broadband is still up though so hopefully a good sign.

I always forget to do something birthday related with my avi. Maybe next year, if I remember come August. xd I def want to keep doing Halloween/Autumn things into November but I'm actually getting some pretty neat items from the Kindred event which are not fitting but I want to wear, so we'll see how long I keep it up. Some of the items are at least Autumn fitting if not Halloween fitting, but of course I did kind of cheat and stuck my kin on my head when I got that as a drop. Couldn't resist. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:47 pm
Huh, who knows, maybe they were somehow able to narrow you down with the information you did give them. At any rate, hope y'all don't get anymore trouble from them. ^^

I only remembered this year because I had an outfit saved from last year for it. I decided to revamp it and saved the results until a few days before. xD
And I know what you mean! I went on a huge shopping spree on here just a few weeks ago so I keep wanting to put together different outfits from the new items I got. But not all of them are Fall-like so I'm torn. ; u ;  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:04 am
Yea my current avi definitely isn't very fall coloured, but I feel the hat is appropriately fall. Good enough! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:17 pm
Ha ha, I base my themed avatars around one item all the time so I get that. I'll have a new item that I'm like "I have to use that right now!" about so I find a way to make it fit. xD

And I love your current avi! The hair is awesome, what item is that? heart  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:04 pm
Yea I hate when I have an item I want to use but really nothing that I feel goes with it. Love your bg btw, so perfect for Autumn. Makes me want to go hike somewhere like that right now. biggrin

Toned Keido is the item I'm currently using for hair. I have a second do you want it? It has 3 wig options but obviously can't equip more than one wig at a time so don't need a second. They dropped while playing the Kindred game, which has given me a lot of items I really like which is most of why I've been sporadically playing it lately. Anyhow if you want my spare Toned Keido let me know and I'll gift it to you.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:56 pm
Thanks! It's a combination of Evertree Embrace and Autumn Waltz, which is one of those Astra items. 3nodding
That's one thing that's changed since the last time I was on here; you don't have to pay for the animated items anymore. So happy when I found that out. whee

Why have I never seen that before!? If you don't have any use for it, I'd appreciate it~
I can give you some gold or an item for it? 4laugh  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:00 pm
Ooh nice, yea it was a bit annoying at first how unavailable the animated items were, my favourite is a lightning one.

I'll gift it to you, there's nothing I am looking for right now and I don't even want the item so no worries about a trade. Thanks for the offer though. I had never seen the item until it dropped in the Kindred thing but I'm not brilliant on keeping up with items.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:16 am
I know, right? I just wasn't willing to pay every month (or however often it was) to keep my animated items animated. I hate microtransactions like that. xP

Yeah, that one's pretty cool! biggrin
I managed to snag some of the Halloween ones from the cash shop by watching some videos for GC. It took a couple hours, but I got up enough to buy the haunted house and the dark, creepy hallway animated items. Those are probably my favorite so far. ^^

Thanks, I really appreciate it! ^^
Yeah, there are so many new items out now, I have no idea what's what anymore. @ o @  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:14 am
Yea I definitely wasn't. Same way I feel about subscription games and non-substantial DLC.

That's cool, I always think I'll do some of the GC stuff but then I never do. I think I did a couple of surveys but yea, just not in the habit of using GC, maybe if I ever have more time. In writing hell atm, cannot wait for this PhD to be over, I don't think it'll ever end! crying

And np, I'd much prefer giving spare stuff to someone I know who might like it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:02 pm
Yeah, I hate that DLC is so prevalent these days. I still remember the days when you could buy a game and get the whole dang thing. None of this "$5 for (insert scenario)!"/"$10 for this character!" I really hate that. sad

It can be a little time consuming, but sometimes when I'm bored I'll let the videos run in the background while I'm doing other stuff. The main thing I use it for is buying stuff from the Marketplace that I normally wouldn't be able to afford. I've knocked out a large portion of my wishlist thanks to GC. xD
I'd never actually buy any though. Used to support Gaia when I could afford it by buying MCs every so often, but I don't like the turn that it's taken with the GC and everything so I don't bother anymore.

Same here, same here. 3nodding

So what are you getting your PhD in, btw? ^^  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:06 pm
Agreed. I mean DLC as a creator wanting to add something as an awesome after thought would be one thing, but basically games are designed now to be released partial or incomplete and that sucks. I mean original Sims and Sims 2 did the expansion thing, but you get less and less as the series progresses in the base game, in a series where the DLC packs are pretty much the same every time. At least in a new version include all the s**t from the first game in one and then come up with new content, make the DLC worth it. And character/outfit DLC is the worst.

Yea inflation is too bad to want to spend real money on Gaia anymore, even if I had the spare cash.

My PhD is in English Literature, specifically looking at ideas around canon-formation in the seventeenth century through case studies of the development of particular literary genres and the evolution of ideas about genre criteria in this period. Traditionally most canon theorists look at the eighteenth century and later so I'm trying to suggest new motives for why to push things back. Very dull, very dull. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:55 am
Yeah, I can get behind DLC like what Skyrim has because each one is basically a whole new story with hours of gameplay. (Except Hearthfire, but it added a whole new game mechanic that was pretty extensive so I'd let that slide. xD)
But I do hate the character and outfit DLC. I feel like something like that ought to come with the game. I guess they wanna make their money, but that's such a crappy way of doing it. xP

And I know what you mean about The Sims! That's why I haven't bothered with Sims 3. I feel like I've spent enough money with Sims 2, I don't want to have to go through all that again with the third one. D;
My sister has the third one, but from what I've played of it, it's the same stuff from the second one, just updated a little.

Actually, that doesn't sound dull to me. surprised
Though I don't know anything about that topic, it sounds like something that'd be interesting to look into.
But I remember from English Literature class in high school that Robinson Crusoe is supposed to be the first example of English literature, right? (I think this one was written in the eighteenth century?) So what is there to look at before then? surprised
Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong. That tends to happen a lot. xD  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:49 am
Exactly, and with games like Skyrim if you wait they generally release a bundled edition of the game including all the DLC. I mean Dragon Age: Origins did that, but Dragon Age II not only never bundled the DLC they put it in an entirely different store that required a points based rather than direct monetary exchange purchase.

Yea if the Sims 3 every went massively on sale before I was ready to go onto Sims 4 I'd maybe consider it (as it's on Steam), but yea I had friends who got it and it just looked like a better graphics version of the same game, not worth the re-buy. The only new mechanic thing was moods, or whatever it's called. But frankly that just made it more of a chore figuring out Sim compatibility for relationships. Chemistry and compatibility are real life concerns, not Sim concerns. I have finally started modding which has been fun, although I cannot figure out any mod for eyes that works. Not sure what I'm doing wrong there. But coolsims was definitely great for hair and modthesims is definitely really good for almost everything. My favourite mod thus far (besides cool hair) is weirdly laundry mods. I feel it's an amazing added aesthetic, and I've made launderettes, laundry rooms in dorms and fitted most Sim homes with a laundry room or at least space for a washer and dryer in the garage.

Oh man the cringe I felt at Robinson Crusoe being the beginning of literature, don't even begin to let my medieval friends here you, must lecture high school teachers! It's just as likely that you are remembering correctly but they have led you astray. Okay, so arguably you can say the novel starts in the eighteenth century, but English literature is not comprised solely of the novel. Major literary forms from antiquity (with roots in English probably longer than English has had a written tradition) include epic (or heroic), tragedy, comedy, lyric and satire. There are others, but for brevity those are some major forms. Milton's Paradise Lost is probably one of the most enduring and well known epics in English, but earlier examples include things like Spencer's Faerie Queen. I guess the big thing is defining the term literature, because obviously it can be a pretty vague term. Some people equate it with the novel or imaginative fiction, but even the latter doesn't preclude other literary forms like poetry and drama, and even the novel bears similarities to the epic tradition that predates it. Defining both what I mean by genre, literature, etc and what scholars tend to/often mean are a big part of my thesis. And what 'begins', 'shifts' or 'contributes' to literature really depends on what parameters you've set out for literature in the first place.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff