Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:46 pm
The psychic-type nodded his head, then considered the question. He trailed off thoughtfully, half to think and half in case the Growlithe wanted to reply himself (he didn't), then after another few moments he finished,

"Sure," Abel replied amicably, turning to the path, ready to walk alongside his company and waiting for his lead.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:25 pm
<> Swift observed, hopping down from the bench to follow the humans; he made sure to keep closer to Isaac than to Caleb. <> Thinking about time like humans did - and like Valour did, for his long association with them - was still tricky, there were a lot of names to remember and keep in order and all for things that weren't really that important from his point of view.

"Ah, well, right." Taavi sighed as they set off, trying to work out where to start. "Well there was this guy, right, and he was kind of a pain from the start but then he tripped me up! Only I didn't know it was him at first, but when I passed his table again I nearly fell over again and so I got a bit suspicious right? Then I brought him his drink and he said it had too much ice, and too much again when I replaced it, and then not enough, and then he was happy. And then- then!" Taavi's mouth set into an angry line as he remembered the next part. "Then I tripped over again, over a Vulpix, which I later found out was his- he'd sent it to trip me, he didn't even seem to care if it had got hurt!" He paused for breath then, the uncharacteristically dark expression still etched into his features. "And I don't even know why. What did I ever do to him? Like I- I just can't get my head around it? Why would anyone just do that to a complete stranger? How could anyone use one of their friends that way? I wish he'd choked on his damn meal."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:15 pm
Isaac hummed in response as he fell into step beside his trainer, grateful for the movement because walking would keep him warmer than merely sitting. The fire-types surely were fine in the chilly air, but he, with his short, fine fur, was not. he hazarded a guess. Unlike Swift, Isaac had spent his entire life with humans and thus was quite used to their methods of keeping time. Caleb remained silent, choosing instead to trail along behind the humans, while Elizabeth continued to lag behind to investigate old fallen leaves or trash abandoned on the side of the path.

While Taavi explained the events that led up to his termination, the blond listened attentively and offered the occasional nod, frown, or 'mhm' where appropriate. Man, he looked absolutely pissed. Not that he could blame him, of course, but it was still an unfamiliar emotion in the face of a normally meek and friendly guy. "Man, that sucks. You sure you've never met him before, he wasn't like, someone you offended or pissed off before that wanted revenge?" It didn't sound like that was the case, though. "To be honest though, with people like that I don't think they consider their Pokemon as friends, if he didn't even care if it got hurt or not. Man, that really sucks. Was it only the tripping and stuff that got you fired?" Abel was unfamiliar with the restaurant at which Taavi worked, so maybe a clumsy employee wasn't worth it to keep? Maybe there was more to it that Taavi hadn't gotten to yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:31 pm
"No," Taavi agreed bitterly, "I bet that Vulpix was just a tool to him. b*****d. And no, that wasn't it, there was more. So I'd fallen over twice by then and thrown food everywhere, and I think I sprained my wrist a bit maybe?" he held it up; it was slightly swollen but not dramatically so. "So then I had to go back to his table and ask how his meal was and he said it was awful and so I had to go get it replaced, and he sent the Vulpix to trip me again but I managed not to actually fall that time but I must have hurt it! And then I brought him his fresh food and he called the Vulpix over to him, which was when I knew it was his.... I'm not telling this very well but," Taavi waved a hand at the world in general, "you get the idea right? But, yeah, so by then I knew and he knew I knew but I had to keep on being polite because he was a Valued Customer," the description dripped with venom, "so I just got through the rest of the meal. I figured that was that, I'd never have to see him again and I could just rant to the others about it but no- he called over the restaurant manager and complained about me! He said I'd been rude, clumsy, lazy, and I kicked his Vulpix on purpose! Tony knew he was lying he had to know that but he played along, gave the guy the meal for free and fired me right there in front of the whole restaurant!" As Taavi neared the end of the retelling his words came quicker and quicker, half jumbling together as he made sharp gestures to emphasise his points. When he finished speaking however Taavi's tense posture slumped and he shrugged helplessly. "So... yeah. That's it really I guess. I stormed out, called Tony a few things I'd been wanting to for a while, and went home. So.... Yeah." Now what?

<> Swift said a little distractedly; his attention had been drawn by the conversation between the humans. <>

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:03 pm
"Probably," Abel agreed with a frown - people like that didn't deserve to have Pokemon - before he settled back in to listen patiently to the rest. Taavi's wrist receives a wince of sympathy; he murmured a "right" where appropriate and finally frowned deeply. "What, seriously? He seriously fired you in front of the whole restaurant? He didn't do it just to appease the a*****e? Though really it sounds like it's better this way anyway, that place sounds awful."

Isaac replied, ears flicking back as he glanced between the humans.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:30 pm
"Yeah, I thought that at first," Taavi replied gloomily with a slight lift of his shoulders. "When we went in the back I asked- well, I said something like 'That wasn't for real right, what are you going to tell the regulars' and then he said that no, he'd meant it, and he took the customer's word over mine, then I kind of stared at him for a bit and," he shrugged again, "I guess we kind of went back and forward like that for a bit? Until I got that he really was serious; he sent me to get my stuff and went to write out my last paycheck and gave it to me, and that's when I got mad and shouted at him and stormed off. I mean I- I really hated that place you know? But I worked really hard and I was polite to everyone - even that green-haired a*****e - but that didn't matter. Still though," Taavi gave a very unhappy looking smile, "least I don't have to put up with getting called Mark anymore, right?"

<> Swift confirmed, <> To Swift - who had not yet been introduced to the world of finance - humans did some pretty strange things.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:14 am
"What, seriously?" Abel asked, a deep frown spreading over his face. "He really said he believed that guy over you? ...did he really know the a*****e was lying? Maybe he didn't," the blond suggested, not wanting to voice another alternative: that the manager knew the guy was lying and just wanted an excuse to fire Taavi because he didn't like him. Keeping that thought to himself for now, Abel offered what he hoped was an encouraging smile as he patted a hand on Taavi's shoulder. "See, there you go. No more 'Mark' for you, and at least now you can find a better job, yeah?"

Isaac hummed thoughtfully, listening to Swift and both humans for a bit before he glanced to Swift.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:14 am
"I don't think so," Taavi replied with a frown and a shake of his head. "I think he just wanted an excuse, either because he never liked me or because he had more staff than he wanted and would have got rid of anyone. I don't know." Find a better job. He'd been trying to do that while he was working at Meat Palace and hadn't had any luck, how was he supposed to do so now? He didn't have a recommendation, how was he going to explain the months between leaving Hoenn and now? "But... yeah, I'll be glad of all of this soon I expect; I'll probably thank that guy," Taavi said, sounding rather unconvinced and looking rather worried. He'd paid November's rent but he didn't currently have enough for December's. Could he try to make some at a craft market? Maybe.

<> Swift confirmed, still looking a bit puzzled. <>

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:22 pm
"He sounds like a total d**k," the blond said with a deep frown. Man, poor Taavi... He hadn't had that job too terribly long, had he? He wasn't sure how many months it had been since he'd run into the man fresh off the boat with his only newspaper in ashes thanks to a certain Charmeleon. He offered him another pat on the shoulder. "Just gotta look at the silver lining now, I guess. You don't have to worry about working for that asshat anymore or being underappreciated, you don't have to be called 'Mark' anymore, don't have to deal with anymore horrible customers like that..." He trailed off, half because he didn't know any others and half because he hoped Taavi would voice some others and feel better that way.

the Espeon explained, flicking his tail and taking a brief moment for a good shiver. Why did it have to be so cold? The humans with their warm coats and the fire-types with their typing and thick coats of fur would likely be fine, but his fur was short and very fine, and not even remotely good for insulation. Oh well; he'd have to leech heat from Abel eventually.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:26 pm
"Right?" Taavi agreed with a frustrated exhale and a shake of his head; somehow he still couldn't help feeling like it was his fault he'd got fired. He knew that was dumb but he couldn't help wondering if maybe he could have done something differently, somehow pleased the a*****e customer? Or persuaded Tony to change his mind? "But, yeah, I'll find something else and anything else has to be better than that right? I mean, there's got to be a lot of temp positions right now right? Maybe I can find a packing job or something just until the new year to tide me over." That sounded possible, and maybe for a temp job they wouldn't care much about references? He hoped so.

<<...You know I always wondered why he kept going. That makes a lot more sense.>> Swift twitched his tails, glanced up at Taavi, and then looked back to Isaac; on noting the shiver he flared up his body heat a little and moved sideways so that he was closer by the Espeon's side and thus sharing a bit of radiant heat. <>

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:10 am
"Right," Abel agreed, trying to keep his voice bright and encouraging even though he really had no idea what kinds of jobs were available at the moment, temporary or otherwise.

Isaac nodded his head and smiled appreciatively at Swift for the extra warmth he provided. he shrugged excessively, very nice places to live in; I've never not lived in one before, but it's good that you'll all be okay if it comes to that.>

Despite the chill in the air and their own personal troubles, their conversations continued as long as their leisurely stroll through the park did, until the first hints of the sunset tinged the clouds orange and pink. Night would fall soon after and with it would come even chillier temperatures, so before such a thing would come to pass, both humans and pokemon bade each other good-byes before going their separate ways.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff