[PRP] Babe in the Woods Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:18 pm
"Sure," Taavi smiled and nodded, "no worries. There's nothing to it really, you just hold on! And I have a safety harness you can use if you'd like." Taavi gestured to some straps currently wrapped around the outside of his bag, he very seldom used them himself but he always had them because being prepared was smart.

"We can go any time but I think it might be a good idea for you to drink some more coffee and warm up a bit more?" Taavi suggested, and only a very little because he wanted to have more soup. "It gets kind of chilly up there so, um, yeah drink some more coffee keep the blanket around you."

Soooooo, smalltalk! He kind of kept mentally fixating on her tattoos - like, if you were a shy nervous person like she seemed to be why would you even tattoo your face? Like? He just couldn't get his head around it but he was hardly going to say that. Instead he said; "So what do you do Izumi?" It was as good a question as any he guessed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:07 pm
"O-okay... Yeah..." She agreed with the sentiment that she should drink more nice warm coffee. "I-I t-think a harness might be b-best..." That sounded so much safter! Flying would still be scary, but she wouldn't fall off, so maybe it'd be more thrilling, like a roller coaster.

"Um..." Oh boy. Smalltalk. "I-I'm a mechanic. I-in Sagestone... W-what do you do?" Sucess! Izumi had made smalltalk! Check one off the to-do list for the week. At this rate she would become a regular socialite in no time.  

Sao Kasai

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:23 pm
"No worries then, we can do that!" Taavi assured his companion, still smiling a little in a reassuring fashion. Seen as they weren't going right away and he had been walking for quite a while Taavi took the opportunity to sit down on his bag, there was nothing breakable in it and he didn't want to just sit on the cold ground.

After another sip of soup he gave Izumi a wry grin. "Well actually as of recently I'm unemployed! Eheh, worked as a server in Camphoreon buuuut it didn't really work out. Before I came to Kodo though I worked as a ranger! This explains my kind of over the top and obsessive preparedness for a walk in the woods. You never know what you'll meet! It's a shame you don't have rangers here in Kodo, I would have loved to have been able to just transfer when I took it into my crazy head to move here. Being a mechanic sounds interesting though! What sort of stuff do you work on? Like, cars and things? You must be pretty smart then!" He felt that people kind of undersold how much stuff you had to know to do that sort of thing, as if the fact that you worked with your hands meant your brain didn't work or something.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:01 pm
TawnyAngel

"A ranger? That's r-really cool!" She smiled a big smile at him. "I wish I had w-what it takes to b-be a ranger..." You had to be strong, brave, and good with pokemon, among other things, to be a ranger.

"Y-yeah... I mostly work on cars right now--S-some times I fix training equipment for training centers--T-the private places mostly. I-I mean... I-I'm not that smart... I j-just read a b-bunch of books..." And tinkered with things in her free time. And neglected most other aspects of her life until recently. "I-I'm trying to save up enough money to g-get my shop up and r-running again..." It wasn't going well.  

Sao Kasai

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:38 am
"Heh, well everyone has their talents right? Being a mechanic sounds cool! And you have your own shop? That's really impressive! Hehe, unless you're way older than you look. Err, I mean actually it's cool to own your own business at any age but- Sorry, foot in mouth." Taavi grinned apologetically before adding; "How were you able to do that? Um, family business?" Inheriting it would make sense... Oh s**t, but she'd said get it up and running again, so something bad had happened to it. "Ah, sorry, if I'm being too nosey just tell me and I'll shut up." Herp derp derp Taavi, try to be less of an idiot!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:57 pm
"Y-yeah, k-kind of... M-my dad runs a shop in Lavaridge town back in Hoenn. I wanted to get out on my own and s-somewhere a little less quiet... M-my parents helped me scrape together enough money with loans and s-stuff and I bought a little place in Camphoreon town." Izumi frowned, "B-but it was in a bad part of town... A few years ago o-one of the g-gangs in town broke in and w-wrecked the place."

Izumi paused and stared into the cup of coffee. "I stayed with s-some friends after, but p-people kept breaking in and vandalizing things q-quicker than I could get the money to fix things... Especially with my shop closed down and n-not really making money." She laughed a little, nervously. "A-and there is a lot of legal work and fees I'd have to pay to sell the place back to the city, e-especially in the state its in." Essentially Izumi was working a job in Sagestone to pay for her shop that was closed.  

Sao Kasai

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:52 pm
Sao Kasai
Sorry for the delay!

"Oh, Arceus I'm sorry," Taavi winced at Izumi's explanation. "That's awful, after all the work you must have put into it...." She probably didn't want to go on about it, but he didn't want to just awkwardly change the subject either. Well, he guessed she'd move the topic on if she wanted to? That probably worked. "I hope you can open again soon, it sounds really great to work for yourself like that - to be doing something you love right? Heh, I miss that myself so... well I don't know how you feel at all actually - that was a dumb thing to nearly say - but I sympathise? Err, if that makes sense." He thought it did! He hoped it did.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:52 pm
TawnyAngel
Took a while... sorry

Izumi nodded. "Y-yeah... I-it makes sense." She could sympathize with Taavi's sudden stumbling over his words. It was a pretty awkward subject once you got into it. "U-um... S-so y-you train pokemon? Y-you could battle competitively... Um... M-maybe with the Rocket troubles we'll have Kodo rangers soon..."  

Sao Kasai

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:37 am
"Ah," Taavi shrugged and scratched an ear absently, "I wouldn't say we battle really? Um, well we've started a bit more recently but up until recently it's not been a big thing for us. More of the err, utility stuff you know? I think we'd like to get into it more now though, like you say with Team Rocket in the area we ought to be able to defend ourselves and also I guess it could be an extra income stream? If we get good at it."

Having had enough soup for now Taavi capped the flask again and returned it to his bag. "What about you?" he asked, turning back to Izumi. "Do you battle a lot?"

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff