Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:02 pm
The time elapsed between Sorey entering the cabin and Gon addressing him was so short that it was almost startling, and Sorey blinked for a moment before drawing the door closed after Mikleo. "She asked us to go to Sagestone to pick something up from an acquaintance," he replied.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:04 pm
Gon sat there blinking at Sorey "That's all she wanted?" He asked frowning a little in confusion "Ray goes to Sagestone all the time, why did she need to call Rosie and you to do it?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:11 pm
"There are some people she doesn't want to be seen by," he said, stepping out of his boots and setting them beside his other belongings. It occurred to him in the next moment that if Gon didn't know about the situation and Ray had pointedly excluded him from the discussion, it was very likely that she didn't want him involved. Suddenly hyperaware of himself, Sorey floundered to find a way to continue without over sharing, "Uh, I mean, the person we're meeting is involved with the people she doesn't want to be seen by, so if we went as a big group, they would probably notice and might get suspicious, and, well... yeah."

Mikleo shook his head pityingly.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:25 pm
It was definitely part of what Ray wasn't telling any of them. He knew to trust her judgment but it didn't mean he liked it at all.
Putting his hand on his chin with his brow knit "Its obviously going to be dangerous, if she doesn't want us to ever go to Sagestone, and now she can't be seen by people there." He felt left out, This sounded important.
"You don't seem scared though, are you Sorey." Gon asked, lowering his hand and widening his eyes.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:59 am
"Not especially," Sorey said with a slight tilt of his head. He raised a hand to the back of his neck, somewhat sheepish, "It may just be because I don't know any better, though. Maybe I'm just feeling comfortable because I'm used to getting into risky situations from hunting with Mikleo."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:55 pm
The boy nodded, before flopping back down onto his sleeping bag, earning a glance from the dark eyes of Heracross.
"I wouldn't be either. Next time we'll go."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:27 pm
With a smile, Sorey seated himself, prompting Mikleo to take up a position close by. "I'm sure you will!" he agreed. "You've got great resolve, and Ray is sure to answer it."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:28 pm
"Yeah" Gon agreed. lifting his fits up over his head for a few seconds before they flopped back down next to him.
Rolling over to go to sleep.

True to Ray's word, the boy was left behind with the other two and the Pokemon at the camp. They had a lot of ground to cover before they got back to the Town of Sagestone, So Ray encouraged and Pokemon who could travel quickly.
Sorey was of course welcome to ride with Grealhorn and Rosie, while Ray, with Impact and Emith took to the skies, sometimes able to be spotted through breaks in the trees on the way toward the Town.

Ray stopped them just before they breached the mountainous woods outside the town, pulling the neck of her jacket away from her mouth as she approached the Sawsbuck and his riders.
"Welcome to Sagestone. Usually anice little town full of interesting discoveries!' she boasted with a smirk, then held a hand out to hand them a piece of paper.

Rosie blinked and reached out to take the paper, looking over the oddly nice map drawn on it of where they would be heading.
She felt odd not wearing bright colors like she was used to, the tones she wore were more brown and green, natural look that didn't stand out nearly as much.
"Pit fall." Rosie read allowed, looking over the building highlighted on the map.
"It won't be unusual for someone like us to go in there?"

"Naw" Ray replied "Its just as much a lure for tourists and trainers as it is for Miners, but be careful about taking to to many people.- Northern."

The Jirachi lifted her head a little when she was called.
"You need to stay out of sight, but he knows to be looking for someone. so, try and feel him out before Rosie talk to anyone, alright?"

Northern tilted her head but with a light "okay."

"Stick together, keep an eye out and don't take risks." She told the two younger trainers, looking at Sorey. "you've got good instincts, trust them."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:58 pm
Sorey looked over the map with Rosie, listening to Ray's explanation as he did. It felt something akin to venturing into a Beedrill nest, searching for the single friend Combee... Okay, that was sort of a weird analogy and was probably exaggerating just how dangerous it would be, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to treat the situation with the same amount of caution.

He met Ray's gaze and nodded his understanding, but before he spoke, Mikleo interrupted, instincts, Sorey, not your gullible brain.> His finned tail waved slowly back and forth.

Sorey sighed with an exasperation that wasn't quite sincere. He brushed aside any sense of indignation and offered his loose translation, "Mikleo says he'll be with us too, so I'm sure we'll be fine!" He looked between Rosie and Northern, "Ready?"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:27 pm
Ray hummed rightly snapping her fingers and pointing to Mikleo when Sorey replied.

Rosie took a moment before replying to Sorey to return Grealhorn into his ball, returning it to the belt under her coat while Northern slipped into the girl's backpack.
"We're ready." Rosie replied with a light nod.

Ray remained behind, arms crossed as she watched them go. She would remain there until they got back, or otherwise keep an eye on their progress when they returned. She didn't feel nervous really, she knew they could handle something like this.

Rosie on the other hand, was a little more nervous, more so when they stepped out into the dusty streets of Sagestone, the words ray spoke to them about what she suspected was going on around here sinking in, and the small homey town suddenly held an ominous feel to it.
they had the map to go on, so before they got to far Rosie checked it to make sure they were going the right way.

"This is little Sagestone." the blond said as they entered the town "Kodo's little mining town, I hear the mountains are pretty rich with pokemon fossils and jewels and such." She explained  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:38 pm
Sorey gave a nod of farewell to Ray as they began to proceed into the town. He took in the sights with great attention and interest, forgetting for a moment his purpose in being there. "Oh cool!" he said in response to Rosie's description. "That's awesome! There's stuff like that in Kalos too, but it's not all grouped together like this, and the only mine we have is long abandoned - I've never seen a functioning one."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:43 pm
"I think they give tours here, I'm not really sure. I've only ever been in an abandoned one too, since many of the active ones are private property, not opened to the public." she looked off toward the mountains that stood tall within the city. "I'm not sure what ones."

her hands moved to her back, where she supported the bottom of the bag, feeling Northern's weight at the bottom. "What kind of mines to they have in Kalos? I hear that Mega Stones can be found in their mines."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:53 pm
"The one that's abandoned is an old coal mine," he explained. "It was in use until just recently, maybe about five or so years ago. They said that a 'monster' suddenly started terrorizing the place, and the miners could no longer work there." He crossed his arms, thinking about his home region. "Ambrette Town is a really popular place to look for fossils. There's even a lab where they can restore them if you find one! I'm not sure if there's a single dedicated mine for mega stones, but I know that there was a real buzz about them a couple years back when people started finding them in places around the region. Mikleo and I looked a bit ourselves, but we were never able to find one in nature."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:31 pm
Rosie blinked "A monster?" Rosie asked looking a little surprised. "did anyone ever find out what it was?"
"I've heard little bits about Kalos, But not a whole lot." The blond kicked a few pebbles from the road as they reached a paved area of the town, hopping up onto the sidewalk. "It seems to be hard to get a hold of mega stones anywhere." Rosie admitted "I only know one person who had one." she admitted
She loved over at him "Do you think there is some kind of historical reason behind them? Like how suddenly a connection for Arceus to Kodo suddenly popped up?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:33 pm
"It wasn't found, but I think the popular theory is that it was Zygarde," Sorey replied, "a legendary pokemon native to Kalos and, according to old stories, dedicated to protecting the ecosystem. If that's true, it makes sense that it would target a coal mine."

He nodded as he stepped onto the pavement, "That's true in Kalos too. Mega evolution is a hot topic, but it's rare to come across someone who's actually capable of it." The mere mention of history was enough to put stars in Sorey's eyes, and the fact that the question was on a subject that he had studied and pondered over immensely only increased the effect. "Absolutely!" he exclaimed, suddenly quite passionate. "There's a ton of history attached to it - surprisingly not only in Kalos but also in Hoenn!"

As Sorey began to ramble on about the known history of mega evolution, including all of the evidence and inconsistencies, Mikleo quietly regretted that he had been unable to warn Rosie of the consequences of her oh so casual question.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff