Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[RAFFLE ORP] Season's Savings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:45 am
[Rooftop ice rink -K.O]

Lex just gave a slight grin at the music comment and let it slide. He watched the ice skaters a bit longer, listening and winced at the cost of the machine.

"That is a large amount of cash to have on hand, and ooh, I have my own room at the moment." Lex grinned cheerful. "Speaking of promotions, my roommate got promoted and I have yet been assigned a new roommate, so I'm gleefully enjoying the extra space. There is a lot more now that most of it isn't taken up by greenery." He had a fun time with Zack, but the amount of planets really had taken up space.

"Who is your current roommate?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:03 am
[Rooftop ice rink - Lex]

"I'll say," KO agreed with a martyred sigh; why did there have to be nice things that he wanted and didn't have the money for? Life was so unfair sometimes.

"Ahh, I enjoyed having the place to myself when I first moved in. Such things never last long unfortunately." KO paused then and looked around to make sure they were unobserved, which they appeared to be, and then shifted a little closer to Lex so that he could speak more softly. He wasn't going to say anything incriminating as such but it could sound odd to anybody who might happen to catch what he was saying and he would rather avoid such a curious eavesdropper lingering. "Do you remember that ah... team building trip we took to the woods? The one with the big bird? He was there, a newbie at the time; green hair, caught pepper spray in the face? Named Sync." KO shrugged and straightened up again. "He's alright; civilized enough as I say but he's not a friendly sort, no rambling late night conversations going on there. I'll take that over friendly but slobbish though, I can go out for my socialization."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:50 am
Chibi_Kokoro143

[Atrium –Michiko]

It was always a debate to face the crowd of the department store at years –end sale or turn to the internet for a quiet web browsing. Except, it wasn’t as if he could order things to his foster fathers place anymore. He had also added to his team and Sucrose really needed her own brushes. He had also left without a lot of necessities.

It had about killed him to sell his bike, but it just wasn’t crucial for him to have it and maintaining it, paying for a place to park it, the length of travel to get to it, the usual cold weather maintenance, wasn’t beneficial in the long run. That conversation had been so much fun. But it had allowed him to set aside money for Sucrose’s Mega stone and gave him spending money for this trip.

He was going to miss his motorcycle.

Oliver found himself at the Atrium, keeping away from the pushing crowd by hanging around the edges as he looked to find a possible list of who was playing and when. His Spinarak was clinging to his back and shoulder and providing a nice barrier against idle small talk.

[Rooftop ice rink - K.O.]

"How could I forget?" Lex winced, he had let himself get to caught up in things, had not thought his actions through and well was just pleased they had ended up fulfilling it. As much as one could say it was fulfilled.

"Mmhm, I'm waiting to see who they are going to assign to my room, though I can hope to be overlooked for a while more." Lex nodded. "Perhaps he'll thaw out a little bit, but still, at least he is neat."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:02 am
[Rooftop ice rink - Lex]

"Mmmh, I'm not sure he's really the thawing type," KO replied but he shrugged too; you never knew your luck he supposed, one minute you could be dead and the next you were walking around again so he was hardly going to totally dismiss the possibility of his roommate becoming a friend.

"Other than Hot Topic," KO gave a little 'tsk!' shook his head and smirked at his friend, "what have you come here for? Just the atmosphere, or is there anything else you're hoping to pick up?" Just because Lex hadn't looked around much didn't mean he didn't have anything in mind. "Mind you, the atmosphere in itself is worth the trip don't you think?" he added as a small child fell flat on their face on the ice and, after a slight delay, started to wail.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:04 am
[Atrium – Michiko & Oliver]

He'd been forty eight for seven days now and he was still sulking a little bit about the fact. When you were forty seven you were closer to forty five than you were to fifty, but no more! It wasn't like it was important, age was just a number and... he was still feeling a little bit gloomy, old, and depressingly single. What better way to take your mind off such things than indulging in rampant consumerism? All hail capitalism and retail therapy.

Right now however Dith was not shopping, he was moving through the atrium with a few bags in one hand and a cup of mulled wine from one of the booths in the other. There was a crowd, yes, but the crowd was happening rather below the one-eyed giant's eye level and was more other people's problem than his; while he avoided stepping on any feet people generally got out of his way if he bumped against them.

Much as he was a bit absent-minded about moving through a crowd Dith was aware of just how big he was and that this would be inconvenient to anyone standing behind him who wanted to see the band and so he made his way over to a wall to be out of the way. "Ah, excuse me," Dith smiled down at a couple of youngsters - a woman with blue hair and a man with black hair - and indicated the wall they were lingering beside with his cup of wine. "Could I squeeze past you two and stand there? I make a better door than a window, or possibly a brick wall, I wouldn't want to obstruct your view."

Perched up on one of Dith's shoulders like an outsized pirate's parrot was a fluffy Torchic; it cheeped amiably at the two humans, and the Spinarak that was with one of the humans, and waved a wing. <>  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:33 pm

"Going to hit up the book stores, some of the import places," for incense and sage and maybe look at the tacky things they had. Possibly buy some pocky. "Maybe take a look at the tech, I been debating on buying a tablet, and with the sales it seemed like a good time to see how much they are going to cost." Likely way to much.

"Mmhm, I certainly can't complain." Lex looked down at the ice rink and then back at K.O. "Care to skate?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:44 pm
[Atrium –Dith & Michiko]

"Yah," Oliver started turning and paused, staring before taking a step back, and then another, head craned up. "Holy ********, who are you Thor?" He questioned, blunt and clearly surprised. "Well, Odin might be a better fit with the eye patch and Thor hasn't always been portrayed by body building blonds."

One of his roommates had been on a marvel binge and he had got roped in watching a few movies to be civil. And then someone broke out Valhalla.

Still, being asked politely by a man that looked like he could bench press him with little issues was not what he expected.

Nero facepalmed as much as a Spinarak could face palm, one spindly leg resting near the area of his face. <> he murmured.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:49 pm
[Rooftop ice rink - Lex]

"Hummm, a tablet is pretty tempting," KO agreed, they were convenient and just as importantly they were usually very pretty pieces of technology. Him, swayed by looks? Whoever would accuse him of such a thing? "As you say though, it depends on the cost. I made a little extra money over the holidays but not all that much." If there was a really good deal though perhaps he could afford one... but he also wanted fabric, and things for his room. Money! Why was there never enough? Oh well.

KO shrugged slightly and started towards the booth where you hired the skates. "Sure, we may as well take the opportunity while it's here, it's not every day you can go skating on top of a building. If only it were snowing it would be a perfect scene for a chocolate box or a nauseating greetings card." KO sneered just a little and made a dismissive gesture in the air. " 'Wishing you the best of the season and God Bless'. I take offence at being blessed, it wears my carefully crafted patina of sin."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:53 pm

"Don't make me go out to find a chocolate box so we can take a selfie and make said nauseating greeting cards to hand out next year," Lex chirped and started to the booth. "Mmhm, I'll take the wishing, but do get the right deity for my blessing please. I'm pagan and the deities are fickle."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:00 pm
[Rooftop ice rink - Lex]

KO chuckled softly and nodded. "Yes, I know! You can tell me which one is correct, how about that?" It was rather quaint but he was willing to forgive religious inclination in somebody he considered a friend, anyone else would only earn his scorn for faith in 'higher powers'.

Luckily there wasn't too much of a line, allowing KO to exchange his neat black boots for a pair of skates in short order. As he sat down on the nearby bench to put them on he wrinkled his nose slightly at Lex. "The only thing I don't like about skating is thinking about who might have had their feet in here last...." KO then frowned as he realised something about what Lex had said earlier had been niggling at him. "Wait, get a picture with a chocolate box? No, you know, those festive tins you get with winter scenes on them? Not a greetings card with people holding a chocolate box on it."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:13 pm
[Rooftop ice -rink K.O.]

"Considering it is Luck and Chance? The Greeting would be 'Take what opportunities are given to you and hold nothing back.'" As deities went, Luck and Chance were rather blunt and refreshingly simple. Take the opportunity when given because they weren't deities for second chances.

Lex picked up a pair of skates and shuck out of his shoes and slowly tied them up. "That is why we have socks," he added and grinned. "Mmhm, I know those festive tins. Still we are at a skating rink, we could do the cliche share scarf bit , take a selfie,, and then make a nauseating festive greeting card. The box of chocolates would have just made it even more groan worthy."

Ahh Photoshop magic, was there anything it couldn't do.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:23 pm
[Rooftop ice rink - Lex]

KO's brow wrinkled slightly as he tried to understand the chocolate box idea. "Is this a meme?" asked the (slightly) over thirty of the (just) under thirty with an air of deep suspicion. "Selfies with holding objects that don't fit in with the situation? I understand the nauseating selfie but I don't see how the chocolate box would do anything but confuse people."

With his skates fastened KO pushed himself to his feet. "Of course if you just want to do the nauseating selfie without the chocolate box I'm game. Just don't send a copy to your boyfriend, he might get a little envious... of you." KO smirked, winked, and offered out a hand to Lex to pull himself up by.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:28 pm

"I am trying to figured out what you have against chocolate," Lex said suspiciously. "Because chocolate goes with everything, but if we were doing a meme about objects that don't fit. I can think of things a lot worse and inappropriate then a box of chocolate."

He took the hand to haul himself up and cheefully looped a arm over K.O.'s shoulder. "Yes, nauseating selfies and pffhs, now I want to." Lex turned over the idea in his head." You are one of my best friends. Besides, who else would I hold jealous conversations with about how you are a fashion god? It is so not fair."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:43 pm
[Rooftop ice rink - Lex]

"I haven't got anything against chocolate, I just don't understand how it got into the picture!" KO replied, sounding mildly exasperated but putting an arm around Lex all the same because it was chilly, and apparently selfies were going to happen after all. "And selfies it is then, I certainly wouldn't wish to deprive your paramour of seeing my exquisite attire and my gorgeous face!" he continued, all good humour once again as he put the chocolate box out of his mind. "Just don't blame me if he asks you for my number... Though perhaps it would be wiser to do it here rather than on the ice? Doing it on the ice could be dangerous."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:49 pm
[rooftop ice-rink K.O]

"Mmhm, I guess it doesn't really, though I think it can go with everything." Lex shifted against K.O. and cheerfully started to mess with about getting the camera app focused. "And yeah, it be best to do it here. Because I can just see myself falling and busting something."

"Ready?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces