Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:55 pm
"It could be that it happened gradually over time instead of all at once?" She asked more than suggested. "Rather than destroy their relationships, it may have accepted or at least tolerated them until eventually the minority dwindled to nothing? Or the generation with the ability did, and the newer generations didn't develop it once the Egg sank to the bottom of the ocean, so maybe eventually over time it became more of a myth than a reality, or something..?" Alice frowned thoughtfully at herself. "Though I don't really know if that actually happened at all. Oh, but I, uh, I can understand that though," the young woman said with a brief nod as she gestured to her Sylveon. "Cassie's part of my family too, of course, and no one could ever convince me otherwise."

Cassandra replied, her expression scrunching up a bit as she considered their previous living situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:16 pm
"I suppose it's a possibility..." Sorey said, frowning slightly. He couldn't imagine that it was possible for people to occupy the same space as pokemon without growing close to them, but then that was just his own perception of things. "Honestly, it's strange to me that Kodoans from any generation could be so distant from pokemon. I'm glad that coexistence with pokemon seems to be becoming the norm."

Mikleo said with a light shrug. He gestured to the stone architecture, He seated himself, curling his finned tail around his feet.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:21 pm
"Me too," Alice agreed with a short nod. "We only moved here last year. I have heard that over the past few years, Kodo has developed a more trainer-friendly mindset than it had previously. Or, um, something like that, anyway," she amended quickly, cheeks reddening a bit. "But I really do wonder what happened to them.. It's difficult to believe they just... disappeared from any written records. I wish there was some way to know."

the fairy-type said as her gaze swept up to the remains of the ancient buildings. she admitted freely as she mimicked him and seated herself. she said suddenly, demeanor brightening in her curiosity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:11 pm
"I think it's fine this way too, though," Sorey said, a bright smile coming to his features. "There's pleasure in knowing the answers, but it's seeking them that's the real thrill! Theorizing, debating, hunting down clues, getting so close only to realize that there's a major inconsistency...!" His hands, which had clenched in excitement, fell to his sides as he gave a small laugh. "Okay, that part may not feel so great, but it's all part of the process. It's fun to wonder, even if we can never know for sure."

Mikleo commented. The Vaporeon's finlike ears lowered slightly at the mention of the city. He remembered their visits as extremely stressful - although he was quite certain that Sorey would call it fun and interesting.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:38 pm
"I suppose there is some fun in that, too," Alice ceded with a smile, "though I'd prefer knowing for sure eventually. My dad, though," the smile turned somewhat amused and affectionate, "would agree with you completely. He loves nothing more than studying things like this as much as he possibly can, and thinking of all the different theories and everything. Have you been to the museum in Jinko? I heard there was an exhibit there with everything they found from here," she gestured to the valley around them, "but I don't know if it's still there or not."

Cassandra bobbed her head in agreement. Her head tilted to one side a little, her expression thoughtful. is crowded and noisy most of the time, but not all the time. Though my definition of 'crowded and noisy' might be a bit different from yours, since I'm used to living in the city and I'm guessing you're used to living out in the forest.>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:02 pm
"Yeah, we're headed that way!" Sorey replied, excited by the thought of the exhibit. "Oh man, I can't wait! I didn't read anything about it being a temporary exhibit, so I'm hoping it's not being taken down anytime soon - especially with it being winter. I've still got of preparations to take care of, and then depending on the weather, we may not be able to move around too much until spring." Temperatures had been pretty mild so far, thankfully, but this really had been the wrong time of year to set out for an unfamiliar region.

Mikleo nodded his confirmation, It was just a shame they were so cold and hard.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:55 pm
"Oh, really?" The young woman asked, demeanor brightening a bit before turning somewhat wistful. "I bet it'll be so amazing to see everything, all the displays and the pots and tools and things they discovered... Dad's told me all about them, but we haven't gone together yet. I hope it isn't temporary, too, for both our sakes." The thought of not being able to go far during winter intrigued her, and Alice tilted her head a bit. "How bad does the winter weather get here? Oh, um, do you two walk everywhere?" Maybe that was it?

the fairy-type said with a short flick of her tail, So saying, she glanced up at her trainer for a brief moment before focusing on Mikleo again. she noted with faint amusement in her voice. Both pairs seemed like complete opposites in their upbringing; an Eevee and a human growing up among nature, and an Eevee and a human growing up in the middle of a crowded city, and their paths had crossed in the silent ruins of a past civilization that had been slowly overtaken by nature in the years since its inhabitants vanished. It was like the setting for one of those books Alice's mother read in her spare time or something.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:14 pm
Sorey nodded, "Yeah! Well, we've been on a boat every now and then, and sometimes we can get a lift from a pokemon, but it's usually walking." He folded his arms loosely, thinking about the months to come. "With the time of year that it is, we've already got less daylight to work with, which means if we're on the move we need to start building our shelter earlier. And then if it snows on top that, it's a lot more work to walk and to build a shelter, which means burning more calories during a time when food is more scarce - so all in all it's just more efficient to stay put until spring comes."

Mikleo said, looking up towards the tops of the trees silhouetted against the sky.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:28 pm
Ohh, so they did walk everywhere, and camped everywhere, too... Alice nodded to show her understanding. "Walking is nice, unless the weather is bad, but I think lately it's been good, if a little cold," she said, shifting her gaze up to the sky for a moment or two before focusing back on Sorey. "Well, hopefully it won't snow at all until after you guys get to Jinko..." It sounded like if it snowed first, they wouldn't get there until spring - or maybe they'd just buckle down in the area to wait until spring even without snow? One way or another, that was altogether far too long, in her opinion, to have to wait to see something you were that curious and eager to see. "How difficult is it to build a shelter?"

Cassie agreed softly as she followed Mikleo's gaze skyward. is nice to spend some time out here, somewhere quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Not that I'd want to live out here,> she added quickly with a flick of her tail,

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff