Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Nations of Gaia v2

Back to Guilds

Promoting and exploring multiculturalism on Gaia. 

Tags: united, nations, gaia, international 

Reply Travel & Culture - 4 threads
Where do you want to travel to? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:12 am
Amens
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Amens
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Amens
And I want to do the same in USA and Canada.
I'm assuming in Canada you want to go from St. John's, NL to Victoria, BC? You'd need a lot of time to do that. Especially if you want to spend quality time in certain places along the way or take detours from the Trans Canada Highway. Canada isn't a small country. Neither is the US. . .

Even better smile

I have been to Canada but only seen Alberta.
As much as I hate to say it, Alberta has some of the nicest scenary in the entire country. Lake Louise and the Rocky Mountains are impressive sights. My Aunt went there and the pictures she took were amazing. If you come to Newfoundland you should visit L'Anse~Aux~Meadows and see where your ancestors tried to live. xd

I remember lake Louise, it was amazing. Hope to go back some day!
Maybe some day I'll get to see it irl. xd Did you know it was man made?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:21 am
I really want to go to Venice right now!

There are plenty of other travel destinations I eventually want to get to, but Venice in particular has always been very alluring to me, and I'm afraid of it sinking before I ever get to see it gonk

Japan's second on the list, though. I'd love to take a couple month long vacation to just wander around to different parts of the country, see all th beautiful landscapes and architecture, and eat all the different foods I can get my hands on. emotion_drool  

Agua de Horchata

Shy Smoker

MZgen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:31 am
South Korea and Europe! Probably would make an indie docu or travelogue in those places. Most likely England as priority since one of my besties is there pursuing dentistry, and my bf is going there to study psychology in August.

Travelling to Japan next month so that's one of many countries off bucket list! emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:42 pm
Amens
I live in Norway, one of the most beautiful countrys on the planet. Slartibartfast won a price for our coastline wink

I want go on a two week roadtrip in my own country. From Lindesnes in the South, to Nordkapp i the North. I want to see the Lofoten iselands.

And I want to do the same in USA and Canada.

Another dream is to travel from Hokkaido to Okinawa in Japan. And revisit
China.

I really like to travel around when I visit a country.

Would recommend going reverse, Okinawa to Hokkaido. Okinawans don't like white people (lots of American military bases in Okinawa, about the only place in the country you really get the feel of "there is a US military base here," whereas in Sasebo, Yokosuka, et cetera, you can be right off-base and not realize how close you are to one, because the culture integrates so well/low crime/they don't hate Americans there), so Okinawans are probably the most visible racist and rude. Not to say that Japanese are especially rude there, but compared to Hokkaido, who could universally all join Hufflepuff, they are.
I would try to time a visit with something going on (Sakura blossoming season, Ice Festival in Hokkaido, Emperor's birthday, new years celebrations, et cetera), so long as you can stand waiting in lines. Otherwise, don't.

Many foreigners can get a Japan-Rail-Pass online, good for all JR-line trains, making traveling in Japan MUCH cheaper, since you absolutely should prioritize traveling by train or bus (local buses) over traveling by taxi in Japan.
MlDORI
South Korea and Europe! Probably would make an indie docu or travelogue in those places. Most likely England as priority since one of my besties is there pursuing dentistry, and my bf is going there to study psychology in August.

Travelling to Japan next month so that's one of many countries off bucket list! emotion_yatta

So jealous. I want to go back. Eat some Coco's curry and ramen for me. I miss them. crying  

Skyburn

MZgen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:15 pm
Skyburn

So jealous. I want to go back. Eat some Coco's curry and ramen for me. I miss them. crying

Haha I will! Coco as in Cocoichibanya? They have it in my country, eaten it many times before  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:22 am
MlDORI
Skyburn

Haha I will! Coco as in Cocoichibanya? They have it in my country, eaten it many times before
Yes, that one. We just knew it was Cocos, or Coco's Ichiybanya Curry House.  

Skyburn

MZgen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:42 am
Skyburn
MlDORI
Skyburn

Yep, they even allow us to customise spice level and rice serving size which is good!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:08 am
MlDORI
Skyburn
MlDORI
Skyburn

Yep, they even allow us to customise spice level and rice serving size which is good!

My favorite was always tonkatsu, level 7, 200g with garlic bits and cheesy garlic naan, which oddly enough, in Japanese is "cheesegarikunaan."
Sometimes I went up to level 10.  

Skyburn

MZgen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:33 am
Skyburn
MlDORI
Skyburn
MlDORI
Skyburn

My favorite was always tonkatsu, level 7, 200g with garlic bits and cheesy garlic naan, which oddly enough, in Japanese is "cheesegarikunaan."
Sometimes I went up to level 10.

Omgosh you sure can eat a lot of spice! And yes, tonkatsu is delish! We only have up to 5 levels here and a negative level (for non-spice eaters), I can eat to 4 but comfortable with 2 and 3 to enjoy.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:40 pm
I would love to try and go to either UK, Europe or Japan.

For the UK, I would love to go to London, mostly for the Tower. I did a research paper on it and I had a lot of fun. smile

For Europe, mostly wanna go for the history.

For Japan, history, food, and the hot springs. Plus I would love to see a Japanese Cherry blossom.

Mikuuyuu

Garbage Wife

Skyburn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:29 pm
Dante the MGG

For the UK, I would love to go to London, mostly for the Tower. I did a research paper on it and I had a lot of fun. smile

For Japan, history, food, and the hot springs. Plus I would love to see a Japanese Cherry blossom.
For the Cherry Blossoms, you have to go in March or April.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:33 pm
Skyburn
Dante the MGG

Thank you for the advise. smile I will remember that now.  

Mikuuyuu

Garbage Wife

Skyburn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:40 pm
Dante the MGG
Skyburn
Dante the MGG

Thank you for the advise. smile I will remember that now.

If you have the option, check for predicted time that they will be in bloom for the year that you go. Otherwise, all you'll see is regular trees.
But it's definitely a sight worth seeing. I haven't changed my background picture on my phone in like 3 years, now. I managed to get to Ueno Park when they were in the height of their bloom, and snaped a few neat pictures. on my phone with a clear blue sky in the background and almost instantly made it my background. Haven't changed the background picture since.

It changes based on where you are in Japan; i.e. Kyoto's will blossom at a different time than Ueno's which will be close to and overlapping with Kamakura's season, lasting about a month or two.

Festivals surrounding these events, like cherry blossoms, new years, p***s' festivals (yes, p***s festivals) and the like are awesome. They get REALLY into them. To the point that you have to give up on a lot of preconceived notions, like the presence of a personal bubble or just how long you should have to wait in line for things.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:43 pm
Skyburn
If you have the option, check for predicted time that they will be in bloom for the year that you go. Otherwise, all you'll see is regular trees.
But it's definitely a sight worth seeing. I haven't changed my background picture on my phone in like 3 years, now. I managed to get to Ueno Park when they were in the height of their bloom, and snaped a few neat pictures. on my phone with a clear blue sky in the background and almost instantly made it my background. Haven't changed the background picture since.

It changes based on where you are in Japan; i.e. Kyoto's will blossom at a different time than Ueno's which will be close to and overlapping with Kamakura's season, lasting about a month or two.

Festivals surrounding these events, like cherry blossoms, new years, p***s' festivals (yes, p***s festivals) and the like are awesome. They get REALLY into them. To the point that you have to give up on a lot of preconceived notions, like the presence of a personal bubble or just how long you should have to wait in line for things.

I will have to look into that. smile But not really sure when I will be going to Japan.

Ok, just to ask and clarify, the p***s festival, isn't about penises right? redface

Mikuuyuu

Garbage Wife

Skyburn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:29 pm
Dante the MGG
Skyburn

I will have to look into that. smile But not really sure when I will be going to Japan.

Ok, just to ask and clarify, the p***s festival, isn't about penises right? redface
More correctly, the "fertility festival." But yeah, it's totally about penises. p***s suckers, p***s candy, phallic foods, giant wooden and iron penises being toted around on their own mini shrines, et cetera.  
Travel & Culture - 4 threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff