Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:25 pm
[Lex, The Fields]

Not anywhere they could show him publicly, eh? Zevran grinned wickedly. "Is that an offer? And I am a great appreciator of fine tattoo artistry, perhaps I can give you some suggestions? I have often been told that I am full of interesting ideas." Interesting, terrible, unwise ideas.

"Speaking of food, I suppose it is too much to hope that they have somewhere here one can buy a decent meal?" Zevran consulted his map briefly but found it unhelpful. "I suspect that is a no," he mused more or less to himself. Oh well, he would survive until he got back to the city.  
Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 2!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:36 pm
[Zevran, The Fields]

"Find somewhere private and sure," Lex replied as they walked and hummed slightly. "My current tattoo is memorial, I just haven't thought of anything that..." he trailed off and sighed.

"You could ask the farmer if you can raid his pantry, maybe he will make us all lunch for clearing out the pests in his fields." Lex watched a clod of dirt skitter off over the bare ground.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:46 pm
[Lex, the fields]

Well that was an option to consider then.... Ah, but they were wandering into emotional territory here and that was not a place he cared to go. After a couple of moments of thought Zevran said; "I will certainly take you up on that offer should we find such a place! And I think a tattoo is a very fine memorial," before continuing to; "And perhaps! Asking never hurts, perhaps we shall find ourselves plied with a rustic picnic?" Zevran grinned and gestured to the horizon as though painting a vista. "Fresh bread, cheese, a fine glazed ham, apples, and cold cider? All served by a beautiful young person, gender and attributes of your choice. We can show them this...?" Zevran turned his head a little to look at the creature still riding on his shoulders; it was kind of cute in a weird way, perhaps he would keep it and fit in with the locals. "Bug," he continued with a shrug, "just to prove we have been doing our pest controlling job and so that our rewards are fairly earned though perhaps we need to find more to prove our point. What do you think?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:52 pm
Shaddaling

It's a... very small bone! Probably just the remains of someone's lunch.

Booby Prize!

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 1!

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:57 pm
[Zevran, teh fields]

"That is a Caterpie," Lex offered up to Zevran as they walked. "They are rather common bug types but very useful as a support type pokemon." And Caterpie was just adorable.

"I could go for a nice rustic picnic, though a single Caterpie does seem a bit stingy to earn such a feast, even if yours is a pretty and cleaver bug.." He trailed off, squatting to get a better look at something white and ahh, tiny bone, nope. "Does seem that someone had lunch out here." He used his shoe to push some dirt over the bone, covering it up.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:07 pm
[Lex, the fields]

Caterpie; common bug type. Common. Oh well, if he was going to keep it then its value to anyone else was hardly important. "Oh well, I suppose I shall just have to seduce somebody then," Zevran said with a martyred sigh, which he followed up with a smirk to Sasha. "Oooh beautiful farm wench such bountiful produce you have there, and my look a comfortable hay stack! For reference however hay stacks are not actually as comfortable as folk songs advertise, I was disappointed to find out that they are really rather prickly in truth. If you are looking for somewhere for a roll you should look elsewhere unless you are really desperate."

Zevran watched with mild amusement as Sasha buried the little bone, were they related to a dog to have such instincts? Or was it perhaps a reflex to bury evidence? Sasha seemed perfectly pleasant - very forward - but that was no indicator of whether or not somebody engaged in nefarious activities, he ought to know! "Perhaps if we follow the trail we will find the owner of the lunch and we can ask them where they got it," he suggested playfully.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:20 pm
Shaddaling

It's a pokémon!

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:33 pm
[Zevran, the fields, not keeping the pidgey, but hello little bird]

Lex snorted slightly, covering his face, eye amused and shook his head. "I never got the appeal of hay stacks, truly. And I'm not even sure their really are haystacks anymore, aren't they more hale bails?" He paused, glancing up and gave a slight smile as he caught a glimpse of the bird pokemon.

"Seems to be a lot of Pidgeys about," he said and snorted. "I sort of doubt we are going to find any sort of trail." He gave a thoughtful noise. "But, I could let out my Weavile, if you don't mind the possibility of dead pokemon. She'll likely want to hunt."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 11!

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:45 pm
[Lex, the fields]

"Oh? I suppose so," Zevran conceded with a shrug, "bales then, still prickly but I suppose better than any other alternative available in the average farmyard." Hay was at least fairly warm and the barns where it was stored tended to be quiet and not overly secure, a far better option than sleeping out in the open but still not the best place for an intimate encounter.

Pidgey though - the name was familiar now Sasha said it aloud, Weavile however was not. While he didn't especially mind if Sasha knew he had no idea what one of those was he wasn't going to shout his ignorance from the treetops and so Zevran gave another amicable shrug. "So long as she will leave my Caterpie alone I don't mind. I thought people around here were more..." He paused, looking thoughtful as he searched for the right word. "Ah, more precious about the lives of pokemon?" What a nasty, vicious world pokemon inhabited; to eat, or fear being eaten by, something you knew was just as intelligent as you were? Did the prey scream for mercy when the predator pounced? He could only assume so and yet apparently that didn't trouble Sasha in the slightest. Was that normal for these parts? Intriguing.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:28 pm
TawnyAngel

It's a pokémon!

User Image  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 7!

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:38 pm
[Zevran, teh fields]

"I think it mostly practically," Lex mused and let out Slipstream who gave a delighted noise and stretched. She shook herself, gave Zevran an idle glance before examining the area. "You have large predatory pokemon, who can actually be worked with, guess you could say tamed, and you got to feed them. Most trainers can't buy a cow, but they do tend to keep their instincts to hunt so, let them hunt."

"I personally, wouldn't kill a pokemon to eat it but some people do consider them a valid food source." And they weren't that bad actually. "But, your Caterpie has nothing to fear, Slip prefers more red blooded prey." The pidgeys on the other hand.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:47 pm
Shaddaling

It's a... ratty pink scarf blown in by the wind!

Booby prize!

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:58 pm
[Lex, the fields, taking the plant thing]

Er. What?

Zevran blinked at Sasha and mentally played their words over in his head again; he considered his English pretty perfect but he felt as though he hadn't quite followed what had been said there, he got the gist but.... Oh well, not important.

"Ah, I take your meaning; it's certainly practical to let them hunt freely," he agreed with a nod once he'd processed their words enough, "I just expected more sentimentality considering the attitude this island seems to have towards pokemon. I suppose it's different if they're not your pokemon being eaten?... Does that ever happen?" Zevran gestured to Slipstream. "I can just imagine her starting to snack on a Pidgey only to find out it belonged to some sweet little girl. What do you do then? Do you have to replace the Pidgey or is an apology considered sufficient?" It had to happen sometimes surely? A trainer was just a little bit inattentive and snap! Their delicious pokemon friend was lunch. Very unfortunate.

As Zevran spoke something that looked like a plant waddled out from behind a berry bush; the thing looked at Zevran, who looked back at it for a few moments before shrugging and tossing a pokeball at it. The unknown pokemon vanished in a flash of light and the sphere dropped to the ground where it wiggled a few times with its button glowing red before falling still. "Ah, that makes two for me!" Zevran observed with a chuckle as he wandered over to pick the pokeball up. "What exactly was that?" he added to Sasha, they didn't appear to mind sharing their knowledge of the different kinds of pokemon to be found around here.  
Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 13!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:14 pm
[Zevran. the fields]

"Sorry, I ramble but basically yes. It is sort of impractical to think that an average trainer is going to be able to buy packaged meat say for a Gyarados, and not end up being permanently broke." Lex tipped his head as a pink ratty scarf blew by and grinned as Slipstream took after it.

"Sort of like thinking a cat isn't going to kill a mouse or a dog won't chase a hare or squirrel and hmm... I personally have never had that happen to me," Lex admitted thinking it over. "I'm sure has happened before but I'm not sure what the protocol would be. It probably depends on a lot of things."

"Budew, its a grass poison type." He added, relaxed. "They need a type of stone to reach their finally evolution, I can't remember what it is right now. Not one of the elemental ones though."

Slipstream jumped, claws snagging the scarf and brought it down, cheerfully shredding it to pieces.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:31 pm
TawnyAngel

Zevran caught a Budew!  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff