Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:42 pm
Ha, and now he was getting frustrated. Amused by this, Sync's smirk widened a tad. "You're assuming I would actually tell you anything," he pointed out, then shrugged. "It probably is what other people do." Emphasis on 'other'.

"Is that all?" Sync asked as his eyebrows rose, almost incredulous, and he laughed at the thought. Seriously - people might think he was homosexual and hit on him? That was what he chose to focus on? Either that was what he himself was worried about, or there was some kind of story behind that. Probably the latter. "I couldn't care less about that. People can think whatever they want, it doesn't matter to me."

He leaned more comfortably against the door, his smirk never leaving his face. "I don't care about things that aren't important," he corrected the trainee, "and you can wonder however much you want."

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:56 pm
"You already are," the informant answered matter-of-factly with a flourish of one hand. "You're still here and talking to me, for one thing. That tells me you have the tolerance to put up with persistent people such as myself. You also seem pretty unfamiliar with social practices due to your not realizing that I offered to treat you to find out more about you. And that you think you're not telling me anything and that you don't seem to care about reputation. I could go on, but I don't see the merit in doing so. The point is you're already telling me about yourself whether you realize it or not. And that's not even touching on the stuff I'm learning by what you're not telling me."

The man in the trainee uniform beamed. "Alright, then. What do you care about?" he asked cheerfully. "And don't say 'nothing' because then you wouldn't have even bothered to ask me things like who I am and how long I've been here."

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:26 pm
"You're learning things based on behavior or word choice, rather than just the answers I'm giving you," the green-haired grunt replied as a mischievous expression crossed his face, "like what I'm doing with you." Nakura's observations met with a simple shrug on Sync's part; he opted not to comment on them, the point, or what things he had so far refrained from mentioning.

He chuckled a bit again, watching Nakura transition from frustrated just a moment ago to a more chipper demeanor. "Oh please. Anyone who tries to claim they don't care about anything is an idiot that's bad at hiding things," he said with a dismissive shrug, then aimed a faintly amused smirk at the trainee. "Of course there's stuff I care about. But none of it is any of your business, is it?"

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:48 pm
"So? You're still telling me about yourself," Izaya answered with a shrug. "Which is all I really want, seeing how I love humans so."

His grin returned, more broad than ever, when Sync brought up the question of what his business was. "Actually, it is. One, because I love humans more than anything, so anything that is their business is my business. That's why I made observing them my hobby. And two, because I'm an informant by occupation, so knowing things is also my business." He reached up to lightly tap Sync on the nose with his index finger.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:03 pm
Sync shrugged again at Nakura's words, though his claims gave the grunt pause. The pause lengthened as his eyebrows rose again, his incredulous look returning, though he blinked at the touch to his nose. His lips wobbled for the briefest of moments as he tried to hold it back, but a fit of laughter overtook him anyway and he doubled over, eyes shut tight. The childlike sound carried down the hall for a few long seconds before the grunt straightened up again, his expression a cross between a smirk and a thoroughly entertained grin. "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard," he said at last. "Seriously, you think that because either of those things, you're entitled to know anything about me?" Seriously? He wasn't serious, was he? He hoped he was, because that was hilarious.

Vulpix's frown deepened and she trotted closer to the door to get a better look at this human - and his pokemon - that insisted on standing there, chatting. Why was he still here?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:25 pm
The older man continued to smile pleasantly as Sync proceeded to explode into laughter. "Call it what you like, but it's true," he answered when the green-haired grunt had calmed somewhat. "I don't know about entitled, but you can be sure I won't give up such an endeavor so easily. I've been told I have trouble distinguishing boundaries and recognizing limits, you see."

Mika looked down at the Vulpix from her perch on Izaya's shoulder when the fire type came closer to the door. Wondering if the fox pokemon wanted to talk or make friends, the Joltik hopped down from her trainer's clothing to reach the floor where she could jump over to the unfamiliar pokemon.

she greeted.

Namie rolled her eyes at the Joltik's behavior and looked away.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:14 am
"You've been told," he repeated, "but do you actually have trouble with it, or do you just not care?" Based on what he'd learned about this guy so far, Sync was tempted to guess the latter. He also didn't bother to comment on the other's persistence and how he'd probably try to learn more about him some other way. That was fine with him, he could try all he wanted.

The fire-type's frown grew as the Joltik approached, and her ears twisted back again. she responded curtly.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:58 am
Izaya shrugged. "It's not that I don't care. I'll admit I used to deliberately ignore them when I was aware of them, but even when I tried to turn over a new leaf and change my tune, I discovered I seemed to have a tendency to step or trip over them anyway, even unintentionally. I didn't know I'd crossed lines I shouldn't have until I was scolded for already having done so." He smiled sheepishly. "Seems like it's not as easy or simple to change certain aspects of oneself as I'd thought. Old habits die hard."

He watched Mika out the corner of his eye, curious as to what the tiny pokemon was up to.

the electric bug commented.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:24 pm
A little of both then, unless he really had changed - or tried to. "Sounds like something you need to work on," Sync noted aloud, unable to keep himself from wondering just how badly this guy stepped over boundaries at times. Maybe that's why he'd been a trainee for several months? A brief, mirthless chuckle escaped him as a few idle memories drifted to the forefront of his mind at the mention of old habits dying hard. "They do," he agreed, "if they die at all."

the small fire-type responded, keeping a sharp eye on the bug to make sure it didn't intrude on their territory.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:48 pm
"So I've been told. And been trying," he sighed. "You seem to have some experience in that regard. Care to elaborate?" If he didn't, as Izaya rather suspected, then the informant would have to conclude that this young man was just being a huge tease. It was odd that he was still talking to him, though. Most people at this point would have at least tried to ask or make Izaya go away.

Even if Sync said he wasn't interested in sharing about himself, however, he seemed content enough to find out more about Izaya. Perhaps he hoped to use the information against him or something. The black-haired man highly doubted the grunt was just genuinely curious.

Mika apologized, a little too jovial to really sound sincere, she pointed out.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:45 pm
"Maybe you need to try harder then," the grunt half-suggested, and as Izaya suspected, he offered a shake of his head along with a light smirk, "No, I don't think I will." No, he wasn't even going to entertain the thought of sharing personal things with this guy he'd only met a few minutes ago. "I'm sure I'm not the only one that does, though."

She... This bug didn't sound sorry at all despite apologizing, and Vulpix made a noise in the back of her throat that wasn't quite a growl, more of a displeased grumble. she said and then corrected the electric-type without hesitation,

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:24 pm
"...I can't tell if you're trying to bore me or intrigue me," Izaya said, studying Sync's face. "You tell me just enough to get me curious and then refuse to say any more. That's no fun. People usually either tell me to get lost or spill their guts. You seem to purposely be keeping me in a difficult position. Why is that?"

Mika asked, tilting her head.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:04 am
"What makes you think I'm trying to do either of those things?" Sync asked. Mild amusement crossed his features. "And what makes you think I'm keeping you in a difficult position? I never told you off, but I'm not forcing you to stay, either," the grunt pointed out. Nakura could leave at any moment if he so chose, but he continued to stand there, conversing. "So it seems more like the only one that might be keeping you in a difficult position is you."

Vulpix repeated, equal parts skeptical and incredulous of the thought.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:24 pm
"Answering questions with more questions," the informant noted with his own amusement "Obviously you like playing games with people. I suppose a few years ago I would have been happy to indulge you. By now, though, I've learned that time is short and I have duties to fulfill." He smiled sweetly.

"As you just said - you never told me off, but you're not forcing me to stay, either. That's exactly what makes me think you're keeping me in a difficult position. You just answered your own question. This roundabout direction of conversation is, like I said, something I may have happily continued before; if only to see how long it would last if not where it lead. But my patience has since grown thin and I've become much more possessive about my time."

"You're not telling me what you want," Izaya stated directly. "Maybe you don't know what you want, but I'm certainly not going to decide it for you. So do you have any inkling, perhaps? Do you want me to leave? Are you being difficult to flirt? Play hard to get? Are you waiting for me to get bored? Or do something stupid so you can show me just how capable or clever you are at countering my behavior?"

Mika proclaimed.

Her trainer gave her a quick glare. "Mika, shut up," he commanded.

the Joltik answered, evidently unphased by Izaya's look. Mika said, leaping up onto the Vulpix for a clinging hug.

"Mika, that's not what we're here for," her human uttered through gritted teeth.

Namie grumbled, attitude clear in the line of her body as she stood there, still waiting for everyone to finish their pointless conversations.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:13 pm
"Don't you sound important?" He noted aloud with a chuckle, amusement still present in his features and in his voice. "The only one wasting your time is yourself, you know, but I guess I have to repeat myself: The only one keeping you here is you. I'm not forcing you to stay if this is such a waste of your precious time," he pointed out for the second time, his tones practically mocking as his smirk widened. "And since it seems like it's confusing you so much, I do know what I want - I'm just not telling you what it is. You can stay here and try to figure it out as much as you want to, or you can stop playing and go waste your precious time elsewhere since you have such important duties to fulfill."

Vulpix's lips curled back into a snarl as Mika jumped on her; her ears slicked back, her hackles raised, and the temperature around her small frame spiked rapidly to something a bug-type may find quite uncomfortable

While Sync noted the brief interaction between Nakura and his bug, he paid it little mind; it reminded him of the way his brothers interacted with their pokemon, expecting them to understand what they said, and trying to understand them in return. Stupid, really.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff